Why is Word2008 giving me "out of disk space" messages???

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

Have a lot of trouble with Word 2008 and the iMac. I try to save a Word doc and get the message:  <br>
&nbsp;&quot;The save failed due to out of memory or disk space. (file name.doc). OK <br>
(I select OK) <br>
Word message: &quot;Word has insufficient memory. Do you want to save &quot;file name.doc&quot; as Rescued Document 3?&quot; No. Yes.  <br>
0
Darth_Na_vi

The first thing you need to know is that re-installing software on a Mac
does nothing at all.  The components that get damaged are not on the disk to
be re-installed, so you're wasting your time.

The next thing you need to know is that if you run the Remove Office tool to
remove, and then re-install, you MUST then apply the updates.  Chances are
your first problem is that you have not applied the updates to Microsoft
Office.  In which case, it WILL crash :-)

The reason your update won't go in is probably because the update requires
an earlier update which is not in place, so it can't find anything on that
disk to update, hence that disk is "invalid".

This is the "Scorched Earth" fix.

Whatever it is, if it's caused by Office, this should fix it.

First:  ensure OS X is completely up-to-date: Microsoft Office depends on
updates to OS X to work right.

1)  Quit all Microsoft applications.

2)  Run the Remove Office utility.  You must run Remove Office, or you'll
make the problem worse!  And Office must be installed WHEN you run it,
otherwise Remove Office will do nothing because it can't find what it's
looking for.

Remove Office is in a folder on your CD, and is also in a folder in your
Office 2008 Application folder.

3)  Track down all instances of pre-2008 Normal template on your computer,
and drag them to your desktop.  The file is called simply "Normal" and has
no extension.

4)  Find and drag the file Normal.dotm to your desktop.  Unless you have
moved it, it should be in
/Users/ ~ /Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office/User Templates/

5)  If the following files exist, Remove or rename them:

 ~/Library/Preferences/Microsoft/Word Settings (10)

 ~/Library/Preferences/Microsoft/Word Settings (11)

6) User/Library/Preferences/com.Microsoft.Word.plist

7) User/Library/Preferences/Microsoft/Office 2008 (the whole folder!)

8) Then Repair Permissions with Disk Utility.

9) Then re-install, and reapply the 12.1.0, 12.2.0 and 12.2.3 updates, in
that order.

10) Repair permissions again, and it should work.

Be thorough with this, if you leave any of the old files behind Word 2008
will find them and won't replace them.  Do it right and Word will construct
a new, clean, set of preferences and everything should now work.

Hope this helps

On 1/03/10 1:52 PM, in article 59bb3a01.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Darth_Na_vi@officeformac.com" <Darth_Na_vi@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Have
> a lot of trouble with Word 2008 and the iMac. I try to save a Word doc and get
> the message:
>  "The save failed due to out of memory or disk space. (file name.doc). OK
> (I select OK)
> Word message: "Word has insufficient memory. Do you want to save "file
> name.doc" as Rescued Document 3?" No. Yes.
> (I select YES)
>
> I found the rescued document and open it. But after a few changes, I get a
> message: "There are too many edits to the document. Save now." I do and Word
> stalls forever.
>
> WHAT IS GOING ON? I've also completely reinstalled MS Office several times. I
> also can't install the latest update as it does not recognize my hard drive as
> a valid drive. No other place it should be. HELP!
>
> Thanks in advance.

matters unless you intend to pay!

 --

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word); Consultant Technical Writer,
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia.

0
John

Why is Word2008 giving me "out of disk space" messages???

Running out of disk space
My exchange mail server is running out of disk space rapidly. I'm wondering if there are any tools to view the EXACT size of the mailbox "user X has 4500 Unique e-mails" et any thoughts on how I can slim down my message store? I would start by setting limits on everyone's mailbox size. You can then have them start using Personal Folders for storage, if the don't want to delete thier e-mails. >-----Original Message----- >My exchange mail server is running out of disk space rapidly. I'm wondering if there are any tools to view the EXACT size of the mailbox...

Out of disk space
I am getting an out of disk space error when trying to ave a pivot table to a network share. There is ample space left on the disk but I still get the error. Seems like I have seen this before but don't remember what to do. Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance. Dave Hi, Dave-- Although there is ample space on the network drive, you might want to check with your domain admin to find out if your user is allocated only a certain amount. Thanks, Davi "Dave Quillen" <david.quillen@gis.leica-geosystems.com> wrote in message news:020001c36360$d47eb5f0$a401280a@...

Out of Disk Space........ Help!!
Suddenly I am out of disk space. It seems that the IMC OUT Archive has grown so large you cannot even do a dir listing of it. How do I clear the archive files to reclaim space ? Thanks You can safely delete contents of IN\ARCHIVE and OUT\ARCHIVE folders. You also can disable message archival if you do not need it in IMC props\Diag logging tab. froggy wrote: > Suddenly I am out of disk space. It seems that the IMC > OUT Archive has grown so large you cannot even do a dir > listing of it. How do I clear the archive files to > reclaim space ? > > Thanks To help complete...

running out of disk space
I seems to be getting a large number of temp_someFilename.zip in %temp% folder lately like 10 GB in two days. I deleted them a couple of days ago and got disk fill message today, seeing a large number of temp_....zip again in %temp% what is causing this? windows search? i've seen something like this before; could be spyware "GS" <gsmsnews.microsoft.comGS@msnews.Nomail.com> wrote in news:uig186UqKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl: > I seems to be getting a large number of temp_someFilename.zip in > %temp% folder lately > like 10 GB in two...

DPM 2010 is out of disk space for the replica
Hi everyone, I encounter this error "DPM is out of disk space for the replica. (ID 58 Details: There is not enough space on the disk (0x80070070))" I have plenty of space on my LUN... On Protection Group "Automaticaly grow the volume" is check... Any idea ? :) Stéph. Env: W2008R2 + Cluster + Hyper-V R2 + VM DPM 2010 + iSCSI DELL MD3000i Did you try to manually adjust the replica size and rerun the failed job? I just looked through my configuration and I didn't see an autogrow option for my protection groups. I don't recall this being ...

running out of disk space
I am running out of disk space on my backend server serving all users. there is no more room for additional HD. Will it be possible for me to purchase an additional server and move some mailboxes over to the new server and run both concurrrently? Will i still be able to use single namespace with front end server? Whate about mapi, will i be able to use single name space with mapi? Hi Tony Yes that sound like a simple enough solution and i don't forsee any problems with you adding an additional server, also if you are running Exchange Enterprise 2000 or 2003 you could simply add...

Exchange out of disk space
I´m running out of disk space in my Exchange 2003. how can I move all mailboxes/folders to a second HDD keeping Server instalation in the primary disk. Thanks Andre Simoes see this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/270693/en-us -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Andre Simoes" <AndreSimoes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59473D28-85C4-4C46-8A63-4606E174F877@microsoft.com... > I´m running out of disk space in my Exchange 2003. > how can I move all mailboxes/folders to a second HDD keeping Server > instalation in the primary disk. > > Thanks...

Running out of disk space on C:
Our SBS2003 has a RAID-5 HDD partitioned 20GB C: for the system and 80GB E: for user data. This was ok originally, but C: is gradually filling up and is now 17.5GB used (D&S 1.7GB, MSDE 0.5GB, PFiles 5GB, Windows 6.5GB, Pagefile 3GB) which caused my latest software update to run out of disk space. I'm reluctant to try to resize partitions (don't trust Partition Magic 7 with a server RAID array), and have done what I can to reduce the size of C:, ie * located user SQL DBs and SBS Client Apps on E: not C: * with Disk Cleanup, removed everything offered * also deleted o...

Windows 2008 backup runs out of disk space
Hi A win8k server which is part of sbs 2003 domain is configured to run backup to disk via windows server backup. Problem is that disk (1TB) has run out of space. There seem to be 11 copies as per backup console. Is there a way to configure backup to delete old copies as the space needs require? What is the solution from here to create some space on disk? Many Thanks Regards I just run a scheduled task after every backup (or add this to the task that runs the backup) that executes a .cmd file that cleans up files older then X days on the server where the backup is l...

Exchange 2000 running out of disk space help!
I have been going through user emails and backing up the large attachments to another drive I thought that would free up space but its not working. I can only free up disk space by moving the log files from the MDBDATA folder. Why cant I free up disk space it is slowly getting smaller and smaller right now its at 400mb and in a day or two the logs have taken up all the disk space and the server crashes please help! Have you tried to defrag your infomation store? "dath" wrote: > I have been going through user emails and backing up the large attachments to > another...