why is my resume template in Spanish?

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I'm trying to do an assignment for my computer class at school and I need to make a resume. The resume templates are all in Spanish which is so annoying, I have went to >word>preferences and fixed the custom dictionaries or whatever and changed them to English but the templates are still in Spanish...help please? :( thanks!
3
KaseyL87

The templates only provide 'placeholder to indicate where *your* content is
supposed to go & what type of content is expected where. Select the
placeholder content & type the appropriate info.

BTW: It isn't Spanish, it's Latin, and the dictionaries have nothing to do
with it :-)

--
HTH |:>)
Bob Jones

<KaseyL87@officeformac.com> wrote in message
> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel
> I'm trying to do an assignment for my computer class at school and I need
> to make a resume. The resume templates are all in Spanish which is so
> annoying, I have went to >word>preferences and fixed the custom
> dictionaries or whatever and changed them to English but the templates are
> still in Spanish...help please? :( thanks!

0
CyberTaz
5/21/2010 4:40:35 PM
well I know it's really just a placeholder but it bugs me that it's not in English. Sorry, I wasn't fully aware that it was latin...
0
KaseyL87
5/21/2010 5:56:29 PM
No problem -- it's used quite widely because of the 'near perfect' flow & is
referred to as "Lorem Ipsum"... as for it being Latin, well, it might as
well be Greek or Sanskrit. I can't read either one :-)

--
Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

<KaseyL87@officeformac.com> wrote in message
> well I know it's really just a placeholder but it bugs me that it's not in
> English. Sorry, I wasn't fully aware that it was latin...

0
CyberTaz
5/21/2010 8:39:12 PM
On 2010-05-21 21:39:12 +0100, CyberTaz said:

> No problem -- it's used quite widely because of the 'near perfect' flow
> & is referred to as "Lorem Ipsum"... as for it being Latin, well, it
> might as well be Greek or Sanskrit. I can't read either one :-)

It's not even proper Latin - it's a heavily modified 'nonsense' version
fo Cicero - modified to have a similar letter frequency & word size
distribution to written English:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorem_ipsum#History_and_discovery

interesting that the article above notes that the most popular form of
Lorem ipsum was developed for an Apple Mac programme in the 80s - Aldus
PageMaker :)

--
Barry Wainwright
Microsoft MVP

0
Barry_Wainwright_
5/22/2010 8:08:12 AM
A nice place to mess around and easily learn this language is at
http://www.lipsum.com/.  It's one of those languages that you can easily
write your term paper in.  You just say how much and the web site writes
it for you.

--rms

www.rmschneider.com

On 22/05/10 09:08, Barry_Wainwright_[MVP]@officeformac.com wrote:
> On 2010-05-21 21:39:12 +0100, CyberTaz said:
>
>> No problem -- it's used quite widely because of the 'near perfect'
>> flow & is referred to as "Lorem Ipsum"... as for it being Latin, well,
>> it might as well be Greek or Sanskrit. I can't read either one :-)
>
> It's not even proper Latin - it's a heavily modified 'nonsense' version
> fo Cicero - modified to have a similar letter frequency & word size
> distribution to written English:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorem_ipsum#History_and_discovery
>
> interesting that the article above notes that the most popular form of
> Lorem ipsum was developed for an Apple Mac programme in the 80s - Aldus
> PageMaker :)

0
Rob

resume templates
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Please direct me to the location of the resume templates for 2004. I have only been able to locate ones for 2008, and Word 2004 did not come with resume templates. <br> Thanks! Check out the templates on the MS web site. Most any designed for Word 2003 or prior can be used with Word 2004 without any problem. Refer to this web page if you have a problem: http://word.mvps.org/mac/Using-Windows-Templates.html -- HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac <rkc@officeformac.com> wrote in message...

how do I create templates in Outlook email
Could someone please tell me how I can create new templates for Outlook email? I've tried and I can't get anything to work. Thanks! SB Open MS Outlook, Select File -> New -> Mail Message Design your Template Select File -> Save As 'Save As Type' change this to Outlook Template (*.Oft) Give the email message a name. Select the folder you wish to save the email. Click on Save To use this new template open Explorer (or my computer) find and hightlight the template you have just save and open it like you would any other file OR >-----Original Message-----...

what is the "objective" part in a resume?
i am writing my first resume and in the templates it says "Objective" and asks for "your text here." The problem is that I have no clue what I am supposed to write as an objective. Is it the position I want? Or a goal? (1) This newsgroups is for question about Microsoft Publisher. (2) Google for help on how to create a resume (3) I hate the Objective part. I always want to type "My objective is to get a job! Duh!!" DO NOT PUT THIS ON YOUR RESUME! (4) If you want a decent job, you'll do well to learn how to find answers to your questions. Make Googl...

How do I set up a text file import template in Excel 2003?
I have tried creating a template spreadsheet but when I bring in new data the formats and data types are not maintained for the imported data. The imported text file is close to 400 columns (separated into about 50 fields) and various rows. Have you tried copy|paste special|Values to bring the new data over? Excel User wrote: > > I have tried creating a template spreadsheet but when I bring in new data the > formats and data types are not maintained for the imported data. The > imported text file is close to 400 columns (separated into about 50 fields) > and various r...

When will my XP resume
Hi, Hoping one of you gurus can help tell me how to tell when my XP SP1 professional workstation will resume when I hibernate it. I hibernate at night and by the morning it has resumed. I don't think it's because of user intervention, anything on the modem or network so it must be some application scheduling a task that causes the resume. Is there any way I can check the operating system to see which task has scheduled a timer interrupt and when it will fire. I am assuming that some task has made a setwaitabletimer call but I can't see any way of finding out who did it. Any h...

How I can get Microsoft word in spanish version?
On february 23, 2006 I bought Microsoft word 2003. The problem is, unless you send me the product in SPANISH VERSION, I'm forced to cancel the order. Apparently, you sent the product allready. If so I'll return it. Marco Holguin Not the right place to send this message This newsgroup is for USERS not the Microsoft Corp best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Holguin62@msn.com" <Holguin62@msn.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F19B113B-AB1E-42F0-A8CF-83D95E93FB89@microsoft.com... > On february 23,...

Can=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=92?=t remove New Subfolder and enclosed Templates/Alphabetical order?

Template
I'm trying to create a template, I already have the 2 slides designed, I have been trying to find out a way to create a New Title Master and link these two slides together creating an official template. So far I have had no success. Does anyone know of a way I can link these two slides together? Because as it stands now when I insert a new slide I can only insert the title slide and not the one the other. Any help you can provide would be great. Thanks! http://www.soniacoleman.com/Tutorials/tutorials.htm Click "creating templates." -- Echo [MS PPT MVP]...

Footer Template
All of our documents in Excel are going to require the exact same footer structure. Is there anyway to create a macro so that all documents newly created have that footer structure? Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish including your print settings.........group the sheets before setup so's all sheets get same Footer setup...............those items you want are available through the Icons on Custom Footer. File>Save As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your workbook "BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT...

resume
How do I build a resume Tiarra http://www.collegeboard.com/article/0,3868,2-7-0-36957,00.html.. MS Word already has a resume in supplied templates.. you might also want to check out Microsoft Office Online.. the link is in the HELP drop down menu of all MS Office 2003 products.. that or do a search online for MSO.. -- Mike Hall MVP - Windows Shell/User "Tiarra" <Tiarra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:268207CA-B4D6-4E34-A1F8-6BCAA3F6D48E@microsoft.com... > How do I build a resume ...

resumes
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) I haven't needed to write a resume since I first got this Office suite. I followed the instructions and the resume templates are missing. There isn't even a button to click for resumes. Help! Well, I suspect you're not missing much: most of the Resume templates are horrid, and difficult to work with :-) If I were you, I would simply create your own from a blank document, using a two-column table. Keep it very simple: the employment agents like to scan them into a computer using a parser that reduces the resume to unformatted t...

building a resume
i have built a resume in MS pub. 2000 before, i cant remember how i have done this , cant find the area for resume's Glenn Are you sure you didn't use the templates in Word? "Glenn" <GCSinkule@msn.com> wrote in message news:2741301c38f41$d37df780$a601280a@phx.gbl... > i have built a resume in MS pub. 2000 before, i cant > remember how i have done this , cant find the area for > resume's > Glenn Yes I am sure, it is a publisher doc. I have one saved on a floppy, if you like to view it Glenn >-----Original Message----- >Are you sure you di...

template for a weekly payment card
I am looking fora template to use for a weekly subscription card to include spaces for date, amount, loan granted and repaid and a space for the receivers initials Check out the following site. http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway Also send him your info and he might create something for you. "christmas saving club" wrote: > I am looking fora template to use for a weekly subscription card to include > spaces for date, amount, loan granted and repaid and a space for the > receivers initials ...

template problem
Hi, I've seen a problem whereby whenever a user creates a new email message, or replies to an existing one, all of their text is underlined. I identified this as being due to the normal.dot template. I edited normal.dot so that underline isn't selected and saved. This fixed the problem with replying to emails, however they still have the problem when composing new emails?!?!? FYI when opening a new word document, underline is off. Anyone know how to fix this? Cheers, H Which version of Outlook are we talking about here? Verified the Font settings in Outlook already? Inste...

Default Template in Excel 2003
I'm trying to find the Default template that starts up every time you open excel. However, I have not been able to locate it. Is there a default template for excel like there is in Word (normal.dot) Thank you, Excel doesn't necessarily have a default template. However, if you create a template named Book.xlt and place it in your XLStart folder (typically C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\XLStart), new workbooks will be created with this template. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Marilyn&q...

Name for chart template does not display under My Templates
I can create a custom Chart Template in Excel 2007. When I go to use the Chart Template, the Insert Chart dialog window shows all of my templates under My Templates, but it just shows a generic icon for each template without showing the name of the template under the icon. If I hover over each template the name appears as a tool tip. Is there any way to set a default so that the names appear? ...

Quick Parts in a Template
I have created a template for a group of individual to use and have added two Quick Parts items, both of which are specially formatted tables. If I e-mail the template to the users, one or both of these QuickParts items vanish. I can not figure out why. Any suggestions welcomed. What is the best means to deploy this template? On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 13:04:15 -0800, Carl_B <Carl_B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have created a template for a group of individual to use and have added two >Quick Parts items, both of which are specially formatted tables. If I e-mail ...

resume instrution
hi kun, This is Fred, and ill show you the resume format Name Address phone number e-mail address Career Object: ...... Ability and Strength: ......state postive things Work Experience: your most recent work experience at top Education: post your most recent edcuaion Hobby/interes...

resume
DIANA ANGELA D.C VERGARA MOBILE NO.09106580394 02 BALUCU APLIT,PAMPANGA WORK EXPERIENCE: 2002-2005 :Megashoppe Department Store(MAIN) Sales Clerk 2005-2006 :Dress for Less,Megashoppe Departmeny Store(ALIW) Promo Girl PRACTICAL TRAINING: November-February,2003 No.1Tours Duration (300 hrs.) EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND: TERTIARY: Datamex Institute of Computer technology Computer Science ...

New Mail Template Question
Our company is wanting a standardize email look for everyone. How can I replace the New Mail template with the company template? I am thinking it is an .oft file on the server, but not sure which one. Anyone know? -- jilltre you would have to re-design the existing form that handles new mails and publish it at the org level "jilltre" <jilltre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:765C4805-2DBD-4886-B5A3-0AD14F4D02F7@microsoft.com... > Our company is wanting a standardize email look for everyone. How can I > replace the New Mail template with the compan...

What Happened to the Intall Template?
Up until the release of version 9.0, Great Plains had a very nice installation template creator built in to Dynamics Utilities. This would all us to create a custom installation template that could be used to install Great Plains on other client machines. What was so nice about this was that it allowed us to deploy 3rd party dictionaries, customizations to the Dynamics.set and Dex.ini files, Custom VBA code and Great Plains Service Packs as part of the template. This feature saved us (the partners) time and it dramatically simplified the Great Plains client installation for our clie...

changing logo, changing template?
I have an old company overview briefing. we have changed our logo. The old one appears on every slide, in what I think is called the template. How do I change the logo to our new one? I can't seem to find the base template document, if I even have it. -- veloqueen PowerPoint 2007 Try this to try and locate the old logo and replace it with the new one:- View tab / Presentation Views group / click on Slide Master / click on the uppermost slide (number 1). You might find the old logo here and, if so, it is here where you will be able to change it. Please ...

resume #2
How do I send my resume as an attachment? I just want the resume sent. Open a new message and click on the PaperClip icon and browse to the resume file. You should at least include a subject and your name in the message. If I was the person that you were sending the resume to, I would expect you to a least provide a salutation (Dear Mr. or Mrs. ____) a bit of a message, followed by Sincerely or Yours Truley, or some such closing followed by your name, address, and phone number. "okstate" <okstate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:027F5B43-D6A9-4BB4-8078-D8...

how to upload resume using microsoft office
I would love to know what it means when it refers to not being in correct formatt doc or docx. I'm using microsoft vista. If you created your resume in Word2003 (or earlier), it's in .doc format. If you created it in Word2007, it's in .docx format. If you created it in some other word processor, it might be able to save the file in one of those Word formats. On Feb 3, 3:20=A0pm, Sharon Price <Sharon Pr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I would love to know what it means when it refers to not being in correct > formatt doc or docx. I'm using micro...

Re: Writing a resume I'm not sure what I write in objectives #3
"GbH" <Geoff_Hannington@IEE.ORGasm> wrote in message news:... > > "GbH" <Geoff_Hannington@IEE.ORGasm> wrote in message news:... >> >> "Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message >> news:eP#YfN65JHA.2656@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >>> GbH wrote: >>>> but neither is a resume!!!! >>> >>> So you're complaining about the lack of acute accents when people >>> refer to a r�sum� as a resume? Why not correct to the intended word >>> rather than a different one - pa...