Why does Word crash?

Version: 2008

0
Jack_Toft

Make sure your Office software is fully updated, then run Disk Utility -
Repair Disk Permissions & restart your Mac. If that doesn't correct the
problem provide any additional details you can supply.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 12/20/09 11:43 PM, in article 59baf7cb.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Jack_Toft@officeformac.com" <Jack_Toft@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 OK, so I had imbedded an excel spreadsheet in a word document,
> but each time I open the excel document up to change things in it the
> application crashes.
>
> When I do this on the PC version, it works OK
>
> WTF?

0
CyberTaz
12/21/2009 10:53:49 AM
Hi Jack:

What is your update level in Word?  If you don't specify that, we often
can't answer these questions.  You need to apply the latest updates
otherwise these problems are likely.

Other things we need to know are:

Is this one specific file, or all files?

If it's one specific file, it's normally a sign of document corruption.  But
it can be other things also.

How did you make that specific file?  Which format is it in?  Where did the
Excel spreadsheet come from?  Which format is that in?  If you attempt to
mix .doc and xlsx, or .docx and xls crashes are likely.

Cheers

On 21/12/09 3:43 PM, in article 59baf7cb.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Jack_Toft@officeformac.com" <Jack_Toft@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 OK, so I had imbedded an excel spreadsheet in a word document,
> but each time I open the excel document up to change things in it the
> application crashes.
>
> When I do this on the PC version, it works OK
>
> WTF?

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
John

Printing WORD docs from a form

Word 2007 TOC Not saving settings...

Encoded Word Documents

Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?

Where are my saved word?

Bulk E-mail with Non-Word Attachment

re-import old messages into Entourage after crash?
Basically, since Entourage kept quitting on startup, I followed MS's directions and created a new "main identity." Great, Entourage works fine now, but all my old messages are gone! I know where they are, though--in my old "Main identity" folder in a file called "Messages"--98 MB of them. I tried replacing the "Messages" file in my new main identity folder with my old "Messages" file, but Entourage still only shows one message in the inbox! "Import" won't let me import the old "Messages" file. I can't drag and ...

Crash in excel.exe
I have a workbook which I use with 3 add-ins that I wrote. Add-ins trigger beforeclose and beforesave event on different occasions. Everything seems to work fine in my personal notebook or in a test-desktop, but when I install add-ins to other computers I begin to get crashes. It usually happens when I close Excel. DrWatson Log has something like this: Application exception occurred: App: (pid=1180) When: 5/15/2003 @ 10:24:46.441 Exception number: c0000005 (access violation) *----> System Information <----* Computer Name: WIST-W2P-DZ0CMC User N...

word 2002 compatibility with Windows 7

Word 2007--pesky black dotted line

Formula to extract the last word from a cell
Anyone know of a formula that will extract the last word from a cell. For example if cell contains the text: Best available title How could I produce the result: "title" (And preferably be able to fill the formula down the column to get the last word from other cells in the column as well.) Thanks for any suggestions. =MID(A10,FIND(CHAR(1),SUBSTITUTE(A10," ",CHAR(1),B10))+1,99) -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Dave K" <fred.sheriff@gmail.com> wrote in message news:c4347e85-a3e2-4abe-b632-88643d4d244c@w7g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... &...

eseutil shows errors after server crash
Hi List, i run exchange Server under SBS2000. I had some Hardwareproblems (memory faults), so my exchange crashed 3 times. Now every thing runs fine, but eseutil shows a -1206 error in priv1.edb after eseutil /g. What can i do to solve tis?? regards from germany Andreas I cant tell you what's causing the -1206 error message but if I were you I would run an integrity check using isinteg -s yourservername -fix -test alltests which will fix the problems if any is found. Jamelia "Andreas Wahlert" <andreas.wahlert@no_spam_gmx.de> wrote in message news:OmBwXjL9EH...

Default DOCX file to open w/ Word 2007 and DOC to open with Word 2
Hi, I am trying to convert several hundred mail merge documents from Word 2003 to Word 2007. Currently, if I double click a document to open it, it opens in whichever version of Word was run last. What I would like, is for ..DOC files to open in 2003 and .DOCX files to open with 2007. I've tried to change the file types to do this, but can't make it 'stick'. Any suggestions? To prevent the two Word versions from "competing" over the file associations, see the "Hacking the Registry" section of the article at http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_wor...

copying Arabic into Word document on Mac
I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble. It always comes out either backwards (left-right) or with the letters not correctly joined up (an Algerian colleague tells me). I have tried making the web page I am copying from into a PDF first, but doesn't help. Any advice greatly appreciated. Michael <huanzuiju@googlemail.com> wrote: > I am trying to copy and paste an Arabic word from the web into a > multi-lingual Word document on my Mac but am having terrible trouble. > It always co...

limiting number of words in textbox in Word 2007
I created a Textbox in MS-Word 2007 by going to the Developer option->then chose Design Mode, then Legacy Tools->Text box Field. The MultiLine and Enterkey properties are True and the rest are default values. Is there a way I can limit the number of words to a certain number? I realize there is a way to limit the number of characters in the Textbox by the Maxlength value. Also, is it possible that a message appears when the user exceeds the maximum length informing him about that. Do I need to use VBA code or do the inbuilt features of word allow me to do that? The short ...

microsoft word
is it possible to create a macro to open up word and copy and paste some data from excel into it. Thanks Debra Dalgleish has an example at: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#CopyToWord It's a way of copying comments in a worksheet to a word document. But you can see the structure nicely. head wrote: > > is it possible to create a macro to open up word and copy and paste some data from excel into it. Thanks -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Outlook 2003 Crashes
Event Type: Informatio Event Source: Microsoft Office 1 Event Category: Non Event ID: 100 Date: 5/13/200 Time: 11:44:15 A User: N/ Computer: WRKST Description Bucket 99179544, bucket table 1, faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.5510.0, stamp 3f1380f0, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.0.2195.6899, stamp 4060ef9b, debug? 0, fault address 0x0004c8e1. Data 0000: 42 00 75 00 63 00 6b 00 B.u.c.k 0008: 65 00 74 00 3a 00 20 00 e.t.:. 0010: 39 00 39 00 31 00 37 00 9.9.1.7 0018: 39 00 35 00 34 00 34 00 9.5.4.4 0020: 0d 00 0a 00 42 00 75 00 ....B.u 0028: 63 00 6b 00 65 00 74 ...

Word conversion
I have a long list of items in a Word doc, and when I copy paste t Excel, all the items are in one cell. Is there a way to paste the item into Excel into different columns? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could use Data | Text to Columns | Delimited and choose a space as the delimiter. Just follow the dialogue. Regards Trevor "mrroboto >" <<mrroboto.1al9vr@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:mrroboto.1al9vr@excelforum-nospam.com... > I have a long list of items in a Word doc, and when I copy paste to > Excel, all the ite...

Use Word 2007 to edit Outlook 2003?
I have Word 2007 from the teacher and student edition, so it did not come with Outlook 2007. I use Outlook 2003 from an earlier package. I would like to use Word as my email editor, but when I go to Outlook's Tools/Options/Mail Format tab the boxes say Word 2003 and are grayed out; there is no option for Word 2007, nor a way to click on Word 2003. Is there a way to use Word as my email editor? Thanks, tfall No. Version must match. It has been ever thus. -- Russ Valentine "tfall" <tfall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A58F9CAE-086B-4B7...

Microsoft Word Question
Hi all, I realise this is not the correct group for this but hoped someone could tell me which group I should post in? On my desktop Computer with Microsoft XP Home, I have the Microsoft Office 2007 suite, In word 2007 from it, I cannot find how to "select all" as I used to be able to do in earlier Word versions. Would anyone be able to help please? Mick Cant. "Mick Cant" <mrcycleuk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:JfqdnRfHApyrTBDUnZ2dnUVZ8tqdnZ2d@brightview.com... > Hi all, > I realise this is not the correct group for this but hoped someone cou...

Word 2007 error 01-13-10
We hvae offfcie 2007 professional installed, user's getting the following erro when launch word 2007, If I re-create the windows user profile it works fine. Is any easire workaround for this. Microsoft Visual Basic Run-time error '429'; ActiveX component can't create object This is usually the result of a broken add-in or a corrupted Normal.dotm template -- see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828550 for background. First, with Word closed down, go to %appdata%\Microsoft\Templates and rename Normal.dotm to OldNormal.dotm. Restart Word, which will create a new...