two page numbers per "page."

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I would like to make a book pages... like a novel: One sheet of paper, sideways, with two columns of text (and TWO PAGE NUMBERS). You fold the pages over to make it book size.  <br><br>I haven't been able to make the two columns each have a separate page number (except typing each one in). Thought maybe &quot;Sections&quot; but couldn't make it work.  Looking for suggestions. Thanks.
0
1Philip

Hi,

it would be possible to do so with section breaks, but it would be extremely
tedious, as you would have to insert section breaks at the end of every
column and then add the page number. Perhaps the use of a tool like
CocoaBooklet <http://www.iconus.ch/fabien/products/cbeng/cbeng.html> would
be more useful; just write your text in one column, save it as a PDF file
and have CocoaBooklet rearrange the pages as a booklet.

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP - Macintosh

*** Please always reply to the newsgroup. ***

0
Michel
12/7/2009 5:43:40 AM
Note the possible problems if you have or are thinking about upgrading to Snow Leopard - <a href="http://www.iconus.ch/fabien/page33/page33.html">http://www.iconus.ch/fabien/page33/page33.html</a>
0
AlanMac
12/7/2009 6:46:46 AM
See here:

http://word.mvps.org/Mac/BookletsFold.html

Be careful:  Some of the utilities Daiya mentions are not available for Snow
Leopard.

Cheers

On 7/12/09 11:33 AM, in article 59bae4e6.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"1Philip@officeformac.com" <1Philip@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I
> would like to make a book pages... like a novel: One sheet of paper, sideways,
> with two columns of text (and TWO PAGE NUMBERS). You fold the pages over to
> make it book size.
>
> I haven't been able to make the two columns each have a separate page number
> (except typing each one in). Thought maybe "Sections" but couldn't make it
> work.  Looking for suggestions. Thanks.

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
John
12/7/2009 12:57:54 PM
In article <59bae4e6.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>,
 1Philip@officeformac.com wrote:

> Version: 2008
> Processor: Intel
>
> I would like to make a book pages... like a novel: One sheet of paper,
> sideways, with two columns of text (and TWO PAGE NUMBERS). You fold the pages
> over to make it book size.  <br><br>I haven't been able to make the two
> columns each have a separate page number (except typing each one in). Thought
> maybe &quot;Sections&quot; but couldn't make it work.  Looking for
> suggestions. Thanks.

I don't know if this is what you need, but it might help...

I'm guessing it was an exchange regarding the Windows version of Word,
but it may contain some clues:

http://snipurl.com/tldbm

+++

I've written a small book and I'd like to format it into book form with
Word. No matter what I do it just doesn't come out right. I've set it
for 8.5" height 11" width and selected book fold, thus allowing me to
fold it in half to resemble a book. I'd like to print on both front &
back of the pages. I just can't seem to get the settings right. No
matter what I do the print comes out vertical. Can someone suggest the
page settings and printer setting that I would need to use.

+++

I have used this excerpt from Microsoft and it works pretty well. The
only thing you will want to do next time is to create the blank book and
then type the content in. Will save you a lot of layout headaches.

When you select Book fold for your page setup, Microsoft Word prints two
pages on one side of the paper. When you fold the paper, it opens like a
book. This option is intended for documents that have more than two
pages.

1. Set up your document as a booklet.
When you create a booklet, it's best to start with a new, blank document
so that you have better control over the placement of text, graphics,
and other elements. You can add a book fold to an existing document, but
you may have to reposition some elements once the book fold is in place.
A. Start a new, blank document.
B. On the File menu, click Page Setup, and then click the Margins tab.
C. In the Multiple pages list, select Book fold.
If your document is not set to landscape orientation, Microsoft Word
sets it to landscape.
D. In the Inside and Outside boxes, type or select the amount of space
you want for the inside and outside margins (margin: The blank space
outside the printing area on a page.).
If you need even more space along the fold to accommodate binding, type
or select the amount of space you want in the Gutter box.
E. In the Sheets per booklet list, select the number of pages you want
to include in a single booklet.
If the number of pages in the document exceeds the number of pages you
select for a booklet, Word prints the document as multiple booklets.
F. Select any other options you want in the Page Setup dialog box.
G. Add text, graphics, headers or footers (header and footer: A header,
which can consist of text or graphics, appears at the top of every page
in a section. A footer appears at the bottom of every page. Headers and
footers often contain page numbers, chapter titles, dates, and author
names.), and other elements to your document as usual.

2. On the File menu, click Print.

3. Set options for printing on both sides of the paper.
If you're using a duplex printer (one that automatically prints on both
sides of the paper)
Click Properties, and then set the options you want. If you have a
choice of setting the page orientation and duplex options, select
landscape orientation, and flip the document on the short edge or short
side.

If you aren't using a duplex printer
In the Print dialog box, select the Manual duplex check box. Word will
print all of the pages that appear on one side of the paper, and then
prompt you to turn the stack over and feed the pages again.

4. Select the page range you want to print.

If you click Current page or Pages, Word prints the page you indicate,
plus the three other pages that belong on the same sheet of paper.
If you click Selection, Word prints your selection using the default
page layout instead of booklet layout.

--

"If you can, tell me something happy."
- Marybones
0
MC
12/7/2009 1:39:32 PM
Thank you all for your responses. <br>
Page numbers are in the footer. No Prob. <br>
Also, now I'll print odd number pages (reverse order), then even number pages on the other side. Easy.  <br>
Add any extra pages, title, contents, etc., anywhere I like. <br>
PS: If you happen to wonder why I said 5&quot; wide instead of 5.5:  <br>
Since the cover will be card stock from a standard size (11x8.5), I need extra room for the spine of the book. <br>
Thank you again, <br>
Philip
0
1Philip

Upload of file containing images hyperlinked to web page.
-- Heather ...

How to set up Excel to print wrapped columns on a page.
Running EXCEL Office 2003. I have a 4-column Excel list of recorded movies: Disk#, Title, Staring, Rating. In Excel, I add newly recorded movies at the bottom of the list, and then sort the list alphabetically by movie title. When I print the list, it is several pages long. Question: Is there a way to print this list so that the the 4 columns will wrap to 8 columns on a page thereby reducing the number of printed pages by half? So, I would like to see printed page 1 (for example) displaying all movie titles "A" thru "C" wrapped into (2) 4-column lists...

need to reducing pages....i need to put the bottom part of a page.
i am working with three colums...i am down to cell 18,000...when i print my workbook it comes to 247 pages. what i want to do is put two pages that are portrait together on one page...maybe make them landscape so that i am printing less pages. also, i want to print on both sides of the page...please help If I may editorialize for a moment: is anyone actually going to read 247 pages of data? One solution may be to open a new tab within your workbook, summarize the two pages of data, and print from there. That will be much more manageable. As for printing both sides, you'll need to...

Open Excel worksheet from web page.
I have an excel 2000 worksheet with extensive VBA code. I can open the worksheet in Excel 2000 and Excel 97 without any problems (the code was written in Excel 2000 VBA but works in both versions of Excel). The worksheet is located on a server on a LAN. However, when I try calling it from a web page, it seems to give varying results. I have tried several methods of calling the worksheet. a) Using ASP and CreateObject("Excel.Application") and then using this objects Open method to open the required workbook. This works OK if Excel 2000 installed on client but gives run time erro...

two page numbers per "page."
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I would like to make a book pages... like a novel: One sheet of paper, sideways, with two columns of text (and TWO PAGE NUMBERS). You fold the pages over to make it book size. <br><br>I haven't been able to make the two columns each have a separate page number (except typing each one in). Thought maybe &quot;Sections&quot; but couldn't make it work. Looking for suggestions. Thanks. Hi, it would be possible to do so with section breaks, but it would be extremely tedious, as you woul...

field only on first page..
I have created a report from a query, in this report i have the field name "Truck Type" in the page header because I was it to be shown only one time on each page. Right now it is only showing one time (like i want it), but its only on the first page?? Can someone explain what I need to do? Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200705/1 stephendeloach via AccessMonster.com wrote: >I have created a report from a query, in this report i have the field name >"Truck Type" in the page header because ...

excel margin issues on landscape
When I print a spreadsheet I cant get it to print to the full page - it prints smaller unlike older excel program. Also when i set the margins for a spreadsheet the left hand margin wont move over to the edge of page like right hand side? In Page Setup: If you are using the Scaling option to print to a certain number of pages wide by pages tall and/or you are using the columns to repeat at left, try: - clearing the number of pages tall value (so that it is blank), and/or - if you are printing to one page wide, remove the columns to repeat at left Simon "Peter MB" wrote: >...

Printing Attachments gets a blank page.
Hi. I'm having the following problem on outlook 2003. When i right click and choose print in a email attachment the printer pulls a paper sheet and sends it out directly. No error. I got a blank page. The printer is working fine, if i print from word, excel or even if i try to print the same email. Even if i open the attachment and try to print it does the same, the only way i found that made it print was after opening the attached file go to the print settings and change anything on the printing settings. Any clue on how to resolve this? I already created a new profile and didn'...

Help sought for IE8.0 to display a web page.
Dear Sir, I am able to view the webpage forum.avira.com with its layout when I am logging on to my PC as 'any other user'. But the web page is not displayed correctly with its layout when I am logging on as 'administator'. It is showing at the end 'errors on the web page' icon. How is this possible? How to get the page displayed when I am logging on as administrator? Thanking you and expecting your posts, Yours sincerely, R. GANESAN. Those with IE7- and/or IE8-specific questions or comments can post to and seek support in IE General newsgroup:...

First labels page...
Does anybody still have a problem after installing SP2, with "Only the first page of labels prints in landscape, any additional pages will print in portrait." Hotfix 159 which is included in SP2 was supposed to fix this, but it doesn't work for me. Any suggestions? ...

EXCEL:printing row headings at the top of every page.
I have looked at the EXCEL help and am not able to get row headings at the top of every page. I see the sheet tab and I see where I am "supposed" to enter the rows to be printed at the top of every page. HOWEVER these cells are "grayed out" i.e. inaccessible. Is there something else I need to do before I can access this function? It seems simple enough, but I am not able to enter rows to be printed. Any ideas? Are the sheets grouped? as this will cause that to happen, in which case you need to ungroup and set the print area. -- Regards Ken.............

Creating a header in word after the second page.
Hi, I am making a word document with a header but i only need the header to appear after the 2nd page. i can make it appear only after the first. any help would be appreciated. Thanks. You could use a field construction { IF { PAGE } > 2 "Your header text" } You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert each pair of field delimiters and Alt+F9 to toggle off their display. Alternatively, you will need to insert a Section Break between the second and third pages and put the information in the Header of the second section of the document after unlinking the header in that ...

CRM 4.0 Error on Page...loading default.aspx
Hello I am having an error come up when I try to bring up CRM Web site. When I enter in http://localhost:5555/myorgname it brings up the default blue screen for CRM and does not redirect me to my CRM site. An error comes up at the bottom left corner of IE and states Error on page Line: 194 Char: 1 Error: Object expected Code: 0 URL: http://localhost:5555/myorgname I am running CRM 4.0 Enterprise. This install was an upgrade from CRM 3.0 If someone could please help I would be greatly appreciated. Do you have more than one Organization? If not, you shouldn't need to...

Barcode on HTML page.
I am reading the last transaction number and generating a detail description page with proper style sheet in HTML. I want to display a barcode on the same page, can any one tell me please how can I do that ? I am generating the HTML dynamically using VB.Net. Waiting for your reply Vicky... :-) Google it, you should be able to find what you are looking for. Rob "Vicky" <Vicky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07A3E26A-CA8A-4499-B29F-3F12EBAE29B2@microsoft.com... >I am reading the last transaction number and generating a detail >description > pag...

The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not configured to support your code page. Contact your system administrator
Hi guys, I recently reinstall my Exchange Server (test environment - only for development purposes) - Virtual PC disk image was crashed :( So, I reinstall Windows 2003 Domain Controller, create a new domain, Exchange Server 2003, all latest service packs, etc: Development and test PC is Windows XP - not member of the Domain. Outlook 2003 (Office 2003 Professional) is used for testing.. What I'm happens? With this new ES2003 SP2, I receive message (error) listed below, when I try to call IMAPIProp function GetPropList(0,PropTags) for IMailUser 'The Microsoft Exchange Server co...

How to write XML to the rendered HTML page.
In code behind, I generate a string that I would like to have rendered to my page so that my javascript can load it into a client side javascript xml document. If I use repsonse.write(txml), it puts it outside of the body of the document. I also tried assigning it to a label.text, but the javascript can not find it inside the span tag. Is there a way to do it? Thanks in advance. txml = "<xml ID='oPriceBookDrops'>" txml = txml & "<PBInfo>" txml = txml & "<DataPoint>" txml = txml & "<Product ProductName='Scre...

Business Card - Merge
....I want it to come out like the print preview.... I am creating business cards via a merge in v2003. I have an excel record source with 7 rows in it. When I print, I want 1 page to print, 10 up, with all 10 coming from the same record in Excel. Then page 2 to have all 10 cards with data from record 2, etc. Now I am getting just 1 page with 7 cards and each card is from a different record in Excel. Thanks for any info... If you have setup the Excel with 7 fields and nothing else, open the merge wizard in Publisher setup your business card (you should have only one card on your scree...

Clicking on a hyperlink in outlook results in both IE and Mozilla opening the page...
This just recently started happening...anyone else experiencing this or know what the solution is? ...

Saving as Web page.
I have upgraded from excel 97 to excel 2003. I used to be able to publish my sheets to the web using the save as html function in 97. It would ask me for a template that I had created and then publish the page with all the web page formating. Now when I save as a web page in 2003, I end up with basically a copy of my spreadsheet as a web page. Is there anyway I can get this to save pages the way it did in 97. I would like to use excel 2003 if this can be accomplished. ...

Printing of sub-report skips to second page.
Hi, I'm using Access via Office XP Pro on Windows 7. I'm working on an invoice "form" report. It is comprised of a main report and a sub-report. (I have the same issue on my work order "form" report.) The main report's record source is tblWorkOrder table, grouped by work order /invoice number (work order is same as invocie number) and is comprised of: Work Order Header section Detail section (sub-report is in this section) Page Footer The sub-report's record source is tblWorkOrderDet, grouped by work order / invoice number, and is co...

How do I copy a graph of a data page to a new data page.
Excel will not copy or move a set of graphs of one data page and let me set the data source to another data page. It says it has a problem and closes without saving the excel file. I can't comment on the error. But a better way to make a second page with data and charts that look the same as a first page, is to copy the whole first page, so the copied charts link to the data on the copied sheet, and then copy/paste special values or formulas the new data over the data on the copied sheet. It's much easier to paste a whole bunch of data than to change the data source on a whole ...

Fit To Page...
We have a user running Excel 2003 that has the foollowing problem... When she clicks on FIT TO PAGE and previews the page, the page is extremely small (1.5" x 1", can't zoom or anything) and it appears to only be one little page per cell. Can anyone help with this problem? Dave I'd suggest that the user select the range to print and then use File, Print Area, Set Print Area. Otherwise Excel will default to printing the entire used range of the worksheet, which seems to be much larger than the visible data in this case. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Dave" <...

automatically replicating my first page.
Ok, I'm creating a basic table for recording data. I have the page set up exactly how I want it...now, what I need it to do is when I fill all the cells on the first page and activate a second page it gives me an exact copy of my original page, with obviously just page number changed in the footer. I don't want to have to mess around with recreating the form every time I fill a page in. Hi Rusty, Your comment "what I need it to do is when I fill all the cells on the first page and activate a second page it gives me an exact copy of my original page". Do you mean pa...

Save as Web Page..
Does anyone know how to not include the details on the side. I want to save it as just a monthly calendar in web format but even if I clear the check mark that says show detail it still saves it as a detailed appointment column on the right ...

Supress page footer on all but last page.
Hi, I want to suppress the page footer on all pages of the report except the last page. In the report's On Open event, I run the following code: pintPgFootHeight = Me.PageFooterSection.Height ' Save height for later Me.PageFooterSection.Height = 0 Me.PageFooterSection.Visible = False In the reports On Page Footer Section Format event, I have the following code: If [Page] = ([Pages]) Then Me.PageFooterSection.Height = pintPgFootHeight Me.PageFooterSection.Visible = True End If The page footer prints on every page with this...