Title page header

Version: 2008

How do I change the header on only the title page of a document?
0
Arthur_Lyons

<Arthur_Lyons@officeformac.com> wrote:

> How do I change the header on only the title page of a document?

You could make a section break after your title page. This should enable
you to use different headers after the first page.

Corentin

--
          --- Office:Mac MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
korventeen

title bar
Excel 2000 Is there a way of changing the contents of the Title bar so Microsoft Excel is not part of the bar? I am doing a special workbook for our company and we want just our company name at the top. Thanks Hi Greg, In the ThisWorkbook module of the special workbook paste the following: Private Sub Workbook_Activate() Application.Caption = "My Company Name" <<=== CHANGE End Sub Private Sub Workbook_Deactivate() Application.Caption = "" End Sub This will apply the custom title bar text when the special workbook is the active workbook and will restore th...

Excel can submit data to a web page?
I know WebQuery,it can get data from a web page. But now,I want to: I had a Excel with three textboxs and one button; when button was clicked,A macro would submit the values of textboxs to a php page,and the php page could get these values using $_post[] method(same as Request.Form()in Asp); It's indifferent to me whether Textboxs and button are on sheet or on a Userform. has any way to do this? Thanks a lot. ...

Why is the Print Titles section grayed out?
When I try to set the top row of my spreadsheet, to Print Titles section is grayed out. Some items on that dialog are disabled if you're in PrintPreview mode. Or if you have multiple worksheets grouped and go through File|page setup. Cindy N wrote: > > When I try to set the top row of my spreadsheet, to Print Titles section is > grayed out. -- Dave Peterson Thanks, Dave. That was it. I was in preview. "Dave Peterson" wrote: > Some items on that dialog are disabled if you're in PrintPreview mode. > > Or if you have multiple worksheets grou...

print first two rows (heading) and one row per page...
I am a teacher. I have created a spreadsheet. I would like to print a row so student can see just her grade. I would like to be able to print three rows on each "page". I would like student to be able to see the activity (row 1), the points for the activity (row 2) and her grade (row that belongs to that student). How do I do this? g, 1. Go to File | Page Setup | Sheet (tab) | Rows to Repeat at Top (click inside box) and then select rows 1 and 2. 2. Select the data on a row and then print (using File | Print), making sure that "Selection" is check ma...

Report page header every other page
Is there a way to make the page header appear on every other page? I have a detail section with a page break in the middle. I want the page header to appear at the top of the first page of detail, but not on the second..so basically I don't want the page header to appear after the page break, or I only want it to appear on odd pages. On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 13:21:01 -0800, adna wrote: > Is there a way to make the page header appear on every other page? > > I have a detail section with a page break in the middle. I want the page > header to appear at the top of the first...

Focus Problem with Property Pages
Hi all, I'm creating a Property sheet with a page which has a tree control in MFC. On double clicking on a node in tree, I'm creating a modeless pop up dialog box. The dialog is displayed correctly but I'm not able to get focus on the newly created dialog using SetFocus or SetForegroundWindow. Thanks in advance The problem here is that when the you get notified about the double click, the last WM_LBUTTON up has not been processed yet, and because of that the focus is taken away from the dialog. The easiest way to solve this problem is instead of showing the dialog in your NM_DB...

Companyweb pages display incorrectly
We just had a number of problems with SharePoint services on our SBS 2008. The problems were the now well-documented ones about Companyweb giving 404 errors after install of a service pack and security upddate. We worked through various articles and now have the databases, SharePoint Central Admin and (to an extent) Companyweb sites functioning again. The problem is that the companyweb site now displays in 'texct mode' on all browsers. All the frames and formatting seem to be missing but all the data in our document library is present and correct. Perversely the Centra...

email header parser?
Is there any plug-in/macro that can parse an email's header and outputs something useful for combating spam? E.g. the route where the email came from, etc. Don't bother - the overwhelming majority of headers and IPs in spam messages are forged. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head-scratching, peter asked this group: | Is there any plug-in/macro that can parse an email's header and | outputs something useful for c...

The 'sizing handles' on the axis titles don't work!!
I'm working with a column chart in Excel - I'm trying to resize the title box of the y-axis, but I can't. When I double-click, I see the thick line and the dark boxes of the sizing handles. However, when I try to use these, I get no double-headed arrow and can't resize the box. I can move it around, but that's all. I can't resize the chart title and x-axis titles either. Weirdly, I CAN resize the legend box. Anyone know how I can fix this? Nicole, Unfortunately the only way that you can resize the title box is to change the font size. You still get the borders...

Repositining Title on Title Page of Outline
I want to reposition the Title and subtitle, higher on the Title page. The Page Setup/Layout is alreadyin Vertical alignment, and I do not use "blank lines". Once I indicated which line was the Title and which line was the Subtitle, Word placed the Title and Subtitle one inch below the top margin. How can I move the Title and Subtitle higher on the page? Click on the Show/Hide (¶) button and look for empty paragraphs above your title. Also check the formatting of the paragraph for space before it. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless y...

Strange Message in Header and red x problem
My continuing Saga of the red x's. When an E-mail (that has http tags in it that will show as red x's when read) arrives into Outlook 2007 (with Vista Ultimate OS and Office Pro 2007 installed)), the header in the top pane first shows the message : "You have received an HTML E- Mail from sendersname, but it appears that your E-Mail client is set to read messages in plain text" Well, my client is NOT set to do that (or anywhere I can see) and after you hover over the message with the mouse, that header disappears and it shows just the subject line. Does that help anyone tow...

DOS window title..
Hi guys, anybody please explain how to show my texts into DOS window title.. I am spawning DOS program(file editor) by CreateProcess() and I want to display opened file name. Thanks. Bob SetConsoleTitle "Bob" <bbg9507@quicksilver.net.nz> wrote in message news:SF_fd.88$op3.2555@news.xtra.co.nz... > Hi guys, anybody please explain how to show my texts into DOS window > title.. > I am spawning DOS program(file editor) by CreateProcess() and I want to > display opened file name. Thanks. Bob > > Thanks River, can you give a bit more detailed usage of SetC...

files in web page not located in expected location
I have created a web publication and when I "publish to the web" the home page comes up just fine. However when I click on the next page which is a calendar, I get a message that says "some of the files in this web page aren't in the expected location. Do you want to download anyway?" When I say yes it shows the page, but not the way it is supposed to look. The calendar is larger than the page. This did not happen on my orignal document, but started happening after I had uploaded the initial index.html page to the web server. How can I fix this before I update ...

Page Numbers in Booklet
Just finished putting together a 40 booklet. Added page numbers in the footer. Publisher places them below the printable area of the page. How can I move the footers without having to move all 40 footers manually? Thanks I doubt you can. Would only be a five minute job at most to move them manually. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. Hi JEM (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com) in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Just finished putting together a 40 booklet. Added page |...

not display report header when fields are empty
I have a report which uses three levels of grouping. The form layout looks something like this: PageHeader [table1col1] GroupHeader1 [table2col1] [table2col2] GroupHeader2 [table3col1] [table3col2] GroupHeader3 [table4col1] [table4col2] The record source of the report is actually a query which joins the values of 4 different tables. Each GroupHeader in the report contains values from one of those tables. For a particular record, if a top level header contai...

title
How can I get my first line or title line to appear on top of all pages? In the File menu go into Page Setup, then click on the Sheet tab. In Print Titles select the row you want to repeat. Key in 1:1 if you want the first row. 2:2 for second row. 1:2 for first and second row. -- Regards, Martin "lbierer" wrote: > How can I get my first line or title line to appear on top of all pages? lbierer wrote: > How can I get my first line or title line to appear on top of all pages? File> Page setup > Sheet look for rows to repeat at the top. Click in that box the click o...

Excel 2003 printed page does not look like preview
Did once doesn't now If you can take the time to explain the problem in detail, then maybe we have a chance of helping you. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------�------------------------------�---------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ------------------------------�------------------------------�---------------- "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4820C185-26C2-466B-962D-896757E59EE0@micr...

Sign In Page
I am using Money Deluxe 2004, Ver 12 Update 1. I do not use Microsoft Passport. On the Money "Welcome, Money password sign-in page there is two choices after your sign-in name and password. The first is "Use Money's online features that require Microsoft Passport". This one is selected by default. The second is "I don't need to use online features that require Microsoft Passport this time. How do I change the default to the second choice? Short of pitching the Passport requirement for the file entirely, you don't. Microsoft wants us all to believ...

Page Titles
How do I put a title on a page that may take up several cells without having to widen a cell? Hi Select the cell and some adjancet cells. Goto 'Format - Cells - alignment' and choose as horizontal format 'Center across selection' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Linda wrote: > How do I put a title on a page that may take up several > cells without having to widen a cell? ...

Adding multiple PDF pages to a Publisher web page
I am using Publisher 2003 and would like to copy a 7 page PDF file onto a web page in Publisher. When I insert the document as an object only the first page is added to the web page. How can I copy the PDF document and get all 7 pages into the Publisher document as one file? -- Tenpin Ed Why not create a link and let folks open the PDF? You might do better asking this on the Publisher web design newsgroup. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Tenpin Eddie" <e.barnes@verizon.net> wrote in message news:0E757EC4-571C-4369-BE38-D89B590CD219@microsoft.com... >I am u...

Workbook Page Numbering #2
Any way I can number worksheet pages that reflect the entire workbook? For example, let's say sheet1 has 3 pages and sheet2 has 4 pages... to have each page print "page 1 of 7", "page 2 of 7"... thanks! Andrew Select first sheet then right-click on the sheet tab and "select all sheets". Then in Print check "Entire Workbook" Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 07:10:51 -0700, "Andrew" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Any way I can number worksheet pages that reflect the >entire workbook? For example...

headers and footers #13
Is it possible to update the headers and footers of a number of different excel files at the same time? I have over 100 files all with the same Headers and Footers, which need to be up-dated from time to time. It would save a great deal of work if they could all be changed in a batch. hold control key and select all the sheets that you want to have the same header and footer then go to view-->header & footer and change the header and footer. Nikki "Tester" wrote: > Is it possible to update the headers and footers of a number of different > excel files at the s...

How do I center the title of a document?
In Microsoft Office Word, I could just click in the center of the line and type, and the title of my document would be centered automatically as I typed. I can't seem to do this is Office Word 2007. Please help. On Mar 29, 3:54=A0pm, Marain <Mar...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In Microsoft Office Word, I could just click in the center of the line an= d > type, and the title of my document would be centered automatically as I > typed. =A0I can't seem to do this is Office Word 2007. =A0Please help. There is a little icon on the taskbar or ribbon) - th...

Page number suppression
I am having a problem with page numbering. I do not want any page numbering on the title page or the table of contents page. I want page 1 to start on the preface page. I am not able to suppress the page numbering on the title and table of contents pages. I either get a page 1 or 2 on title and table of contents page and a page 3 on the preface page, or I have gotten a page 1 on the preface page and then another page 1 on the title page and another page 2 on the TOC page. Any insights as to how I can solve this problem? This seems to be an issue in both Word 93 and Word 9...

how do i get my name and title and address as my signature
How do I insert my signature using Outlook? What option do I use? In Outlook 2003 (same in other versions I think), Tools>Options>Mail Format tab>Signatures section at the bottom. HTH Mark "Amy" <Amy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AC9A140-56A1-4BD0-A6A1-A9E2D4D328FD@microsoft.com... > How do I insert my signature using Outlook? What option do I use? ...