tile window

Version: 2008

does anyone know how to tile microsoft word windows vertically on an osx
0
aprilgsims

The closest you will come is Word>Window>Arrange All.  Then fiddle them
manually.

Otherwise, you need an AppleScript:

http://www.macosxhints.com/comment.php?mode=view&cid=96187

Or a utility:
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/system_disk_utilities/windowtiles.html

Cheers

On 23/05/10 10:15 AM, in article 59bb8dd9.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"aprilgsims@officeformac.com" <aprilgsims@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) does anyone know
> how to tile microsoft word windows vertically on an osx

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John_McGhie_

Window panes in Outlook 2003
Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a preview pane for the selected e-mail, evidently. I can find no way to eliminate the window pane. Is there a way to remove this pane? How? I've tried every VIEW combination with no success. View > Reading Pane > Off doesn't work? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jay" <jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C953EF40-873E-4A04-93A8-FE101A547D0D@microsoft.com... > Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a > preview pane for the selected e-m...

Exchange 5.5, Proxy, and Windows 2000
We are considering putting Exchange 5.5 on a Windows 2000? Our Proxy is on a separate computer. Will the client work with that or would we need to upgrade to ISA? We plan on upgrading to ISA in the near future but not now. Thanks in advance, Michael Michael, It should not be a problem to run Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000. Please see 181847 XADM: How to Configure Microsoft Exchange Server with Proxy Server http://support.microsoft.com/?id=181847 for information on configuring Exchange to run behinds proxy 2.0. -- Jared Gradle Exchange Support Professional ****** Disclaimer ****** Thi...

Upgraded from Vista to Windows 7
Hello, I recently upgraded from Vista to Windows 7. However, when using Excel 2007 version, I notice that recent files that are displayed aren't accessible. How do I get rid of them? When I right click on any of them, there is no "delete" option. Why isn't there a delete file short cut available? Reduce the setting for number of file names to display to remove them from the registry automatically. Or edit the registry directly. Robertocucina wrote: > Hello, I recently upgraded from Vista to Windows 7. However, when using > Excel 2007 version, I ...

Matrix Item Property Window
Features request: 1. Ability to print labels from the Matrix Property Window just like Item Property Window. 2. Have MSRP Box in the main Matrix Property Window 3. Have Extended Description Box in the main Matrix Property Window 4. Supplier Item # in the Component Items Windows 5. Unit of Measurement in the main Matrix Property Window 6. Lastly, bigger Item Matrix Properties Window or an ability to resize it please. great suggestions! you should re-post as a suggestion through customersource so everyone can vote for them! "Nate" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in m...

Windows Automatic Updates
Heretofore I have received notices when updates were available for Windows and Defender. I am now being offered updates for Office 2003. Is there a way that I can "revert" to only Windows security updates? "JD" <erehwon@example.com> wrote in message news:#S2KcvOlKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Heretofore I have received notices when updates were available for Windows > and Defender. I am now being offered updates for Office 2003. Is there a > way that I can "revert" to only Windows security updates? > You may have ena...

Windows does not update
I have windows XP Pro set to automatic updates, however the updates are not installed. On manual update I get the following error: 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied. Can anyone help ? "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AE8406B-2A4C-48BD-8D88-AA97EF499CBF@microsoft.com... >I have windows XP Pro set to automatic updates, however the updates are not > installed. On manual update I get the following error: > > 403 - Forb...

Tab windows in SDI
I wish to create a tabbed window using CTabCtrl in an SDI application, where each of the tabbed windows is actually a class derived from CView class. Is there a way to do this? If not what would be a better way to do this? Any help will be really appreciated. Thanks Riya wrote: > I wish to create a tabbed window using CTabCtrl in an SDI application, > where each of the tabbed windows is actually a class derived from CView > class. > > Is there a way to do this? If not what would be a better way to do > this? Any help will be really appreciated. > > Thanks > I...

Windows mail,
When I try to send email I get this message: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F The message stays in the outbox, and can then be set properly with "send/recieve". I have Spyware Doctor and System Mechanic, but the email scanning functions are disabled. What are you using for an anti-virus? I don't think either o...

Table off window in Design
I copied a query. In the new query's design window, I scroll all the way to the bottom and see the join lines going out of sight before I see the next table. How do I resolve this problem? Ted Turner 2010 wrote: > I copied a query. In the new query's design window, I scroll all the way to > the bottom and see the join lines going out of sight before I see the next > table. > How do I resolve this problem? That's a first for me. But I suppose if I were you, I'd switch to SQL view, copy the SQL, create a new blank query, switch to SQL view and pas...

Hide Window
Hi, Im using GP 10 is there any way to hide the series posting window under financial. I tried by looking at the security roles and tasks but it's not working. Thanks, Saad, You will want to remove access to the 'Series Posting' operation from the ADMIN_COMPANY_011* and/or TRX_FIN_003* security tasks depending on the roles currently associated to the user in question (ACCOUNTING MANAGER, BOOKKEEPER). Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspo...

Help window in Leopard stuck behind menu bar
Since installing Leopard when I open the Help window in any Office program it opens at the top of the desktop and seems to be behind the menu bar. The red, yellow and green buttons are missing/ not visible as well as the rest of the window header. It can't be moved or manipulated in any way. The real problem occurs when trying to close the window. Using keyboard short cuts it first acts on the active window. So in Excel it will close the workbook window when hitting command-W. Then it will work to close the help window. This slows everything down. Any help would be appreciated. Mike Go in...

how to repeat print single tile of multiple tile poster?
in publisher one tile of multiple tile poster failed to print (ran out of ink). how do I print only the tile that missing? Other than complete (20 sheet) print run. There is no easy way of doing this. Take a look at print preview to determine what tile you need to print. Create rectangles around the areas you don't want to print, fill with white, no line. Keep checking print preview to be sure you are covering the correct tiles. You will end up printing 20 pages, but only one will use ink. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "billyb." <billyb.@discus...

Re: XP to Windows 7
"bobster" <fauxie@bogus.net> wrote in message news:... Bill, See my last post to Anna regarding my "as delivered" Inspiron 530 configuration. The first WD 320g HD I bought was the full kit and contained the eSATA cable and rear adapter/connector. The other identical HDs were bought as "bare drives" which go for as little as $40 and come with nothing but the drive. And, BTW, thanks for your comments as well as those from Peter. =========================================== "Bill in Co." <not_really_here@earthlink.net> wrote i...

Can I tile worksheets within a workbook, like one tiles workbooks.
It would often be very convenient to have two or more sheets from the same workbook displayed at the same time (tiled). One can do this with workbooks, but I cant seem to find a way to do it with worksheets within a workbook. Window>New window. Tile these and one set up with one sheet and one another. Two views of the same file. To close, close one window with the 'close' button, maximise the remaining one and save -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Tovarish_Dad" <Tovarish_Dad@discussions.mi...

Centering child objects when windows resizes
Hello everyone, I'm thinking to center all objects inside a property page when the windows resizes. Is there an optimal way like cycling all existins objects and, since they are placed in a good position at start, recalculate the position X and Y of each child object to put it in a better place when resizing window with a general function which I can put in a common class to be called in all propertypages where I need to re-center objects inside?... I know it's implicated for sure SetWindowPos's method in the event OnWindowPosChanged...but what I'm trying to think at...

New to Windowing functions
hi I=92ve started learning about Windowing functions and while I somewhat understand the basics, I still feel like I don=92t quite see the big picture. Anyways, here are few questions 1) I assume the term Windowing functions refers to both Ranking window functions and Aggregate window functions? 2) Is there a reason why these functions are named =93WINDOWING=94 ? 3) I=92m not sure how to ask the following question or if it even makes any sense, but still: As far as I can tell, using ORDER_BY in the context of ranking functions is only useful when we don=92t also sor...

windows mail sos
I have been trying vigorously for the past couple of days to try and set up my windows mail with my yahoo account. I have been through yahoos help pages and have done every they have said and then rechecked everything a million times. every time I hit send/receive it asks for my user name (i have tried using both the user name and the full email address) and password after doing this it then asks again and again and upon cancelling out of the loop an error message appears that says : Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com.au', Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com.au', Protocol: POP3,...

SOP Window Error
I have updated my system to SP2 but getting an odd error with the SOP transaction entry window. If a user opens the window, but then closes it again without doing anything, an error is popping up saying "An error occurred execting update statements" I think it may be related to some security, but I don't where where as it only happens to some users. Has anyone seen this? Hits -- I found the problem running a trace. Tables SVC00660 and SVC00661 had no permissions at all, and I added them for Dyngroup. Hitesh Varsani wrote: > I have updated my system to SP2 but getting...

adding a ListCtrl into a splitter window pane
I have a splitter window and in pane 0,0 i would like to add a CListCtrl class. I wrote the code to do this, however, when I call the Create method for the ListCtrl the app crashes on the Create. I'm wondering about the pointer I am passing it to the parent window. Where should this pointer come from? I believe I passed it the poitner to the CSplitterWnd, but I wasn't sure that was correct. Thanks, Chris I am doing the create right after I add it to the CSplitterWnd. I add a View and this ListCtrl to the Splitter and then right after that call, I call the Create method ...

How to customize Reminders Window view?
How can I change the Reminders Window view? Mainly, I would like to sort the reminders via "Due In" field. Can this window be given table attributes such as those with redefinable views? If this is a very complicated procedure requiring user- programming, or too long to reply to this post, can I get a lead to find answer? If not possible, a reply confirmation would be GREATLY appreciated. Jordan It's static. You might want to file it as a wish; http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/suggestions.aspx -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office...

Windows 7 update improves graphics performance
There is an optional update: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028560 that claims to improve graphics performance. Here is the download link. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=E04DD3BD-C34B-42EF-978B-10B73E7D5BBA&displaylang=en I have had no chance to benchmark it so far. Carlos "Carlos" <Carlos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BBB09DA5-F311-4332-AD99-A7803E85FDDD@microsoft.com... > There is an optional update: > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028560 > that claims to improve graphics performance. > Here is th...

Windows in Taskbar Problem
Windows in Taskbar Problems O/S : WinXP-Home Edition (All SP's and SR's installed) Office Suite : MS OfficeXP (All SP's and Critical Patches installed) Problem : Task (window) switching from the taskbar. When opening several documents in Word 2002 OR several spreadsheets in Excel 2002 the active document window is displayed on the desktop and the inactive documents are minimized to the taskbar. To move from one document to another I seem to have three choices. The first choice is to use the "Window" menu and select the document I want to be the Active documen...

Windows ACL
Hi, I have a quick question on Windows ACL I need some assistance on. We just did a restore of about 900GB of data from our File Servers and after the restore when we tried to create some files/folder in the restored directory we got an error about "unsorted permissions...." I can't remember the exact message. In the past I have encountered this error before and its mainly because the ACLs for the directory haven't been re-enumerated and what we'd do is make a change at the top-level directory so it re- calculates all the ACLs again and it would resort the AC...

Windows Live mail not downloaded into Outlook
I have an msn account, Outlook 2007, and Outlook connector installed on a Vista machine. Recently I've had problems downloading mail to Outlook. Outlook Connector shows that Calendar and Contacts are connected, but that there is an error in connecting mail. The error message says: Error in Mail Error with Send/Receive. Look for a log in the Sync Issues folder. Not sure where the Sync issues folder is. This has occurred at least three times in the past month. Once, I deleted my msn profile and started over, but I can't figure out why it occurred or how I was able ...

MDI with predefined windows size
Hi all, I have created a MDI application using the MFC doc/view architecture. The Views I am using are derived from CFormView. Each view is created as Dialog resource at design time, each having different size. My problem is when each view is opened during the runtime, the predefined size of the view is ignored by the application. All the views opened are displayed in cascade, all having the same size. How should I keep the size of each view as it was defined at design time (as from resource dialog)? Thank you, Chris //here is the way I am calling the view to open... if (0 == m_pMapDisp...