Text High-lighting for imports from Word (PC) 2007

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

Our family uses PCword 2007 on Vista and Word:mac 2008 on Leopard 10.5.8. <br>
Word documents get edited on the Mac and then printed or EMailed.  <br>
The problem is highlighting text on imported documents from the PC in &quot;Print Lay Out&quot; does not work or at least it is not visible. <br>
We have to switch to &quot;Draft Lay Out&quot; to highlight text and make the highlight visible, that is a great nuisance. <br>
How about giving me a better solution than that? <br>
Thank you, <br>
Sigi
0
SigiFDB

Try going to Word> Preferences> View, restore the check on Highlight.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/6/10 3:23 AM, in article 59bb9704.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"SigiFDB@officeformac.com" <SigiFDB@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Our
> family uses PCword 2007 on Vista and Word:mac 2008 on Leopard 10.5.8.
> Word documents get edited on the Mac and then printed or EMailed.
> The problem is highlighting text on imported documents from the PC in "Print
> Lay Out" does not work or at least it is not visible.
> We have to switch to "Draft Lay Out" to highlight text and make the highlight
> visible, that is a great nuisance.
> How about giving me a better solution than that?
> Thank you,
> Sigi

0
CyberTaz

Word does not remember position of window
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have just installed office:mac 2008 on my new iMac. Exept, that Word does not remember the position of the window for allready saved documents, everything works OK. According to some comment I found in the forum, I edited a script to size and also position the active window. No problem with this script. At reopening the saved documentm the size of the window is correct but it is always positioned at the upper left corner. <br> All other office applications do remember the last position of the window. &l...

double address import check
Hi, Microsoft CRM has a nice function to import new addresses into CRM. Only minus is that it won't check for double addresses. I'm curious if someone has a great solution for this. Some nice MS CRM add-on which can check if their are possible double addresses in the database. kind regards, Michel www.notetaker.nl version 3 will have some nice features for identifying and merging duplicate records. Dave "Michel//www.notetaker.nl" <info@nospamnotetaker.nl> wrote in message news:ex%236GQMpFHA.2904@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Microsoft CRM has a ...

TEXT = text

unlock word section
I just activated my 60 trail for microsoft 2007, blank word document appears but at the left hand bottom it states " this modification is not allowed because this section is locked"?????? On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 18:48:00 -0800, Vivian <Vivian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I just activated my 60 trail for microsoft 2007, blank word document appears >but at the left hand bottom it states " this modification is not allowed >because this section is locked"?????? This is a group for Visio, not Word. I wish whoever maintains the community forums website woul...

Selecting text in a document

How do I import my email records from Windows Mail to Outlook?
I have been using Windows mail as my email product. Have just purchased and installed Outlook 2007. Can I import all of my email records/folders from Windows Mail into Outlook? "Geoff904" <Geoff904@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB1CEADA-A138-46C7-BAE1-C75F0708C26E@microsoft.com... >I have been using Windows mail as my email product. Have just purchased >and > installed Outlook 2007. Can I import all of my email records/folders from > Windows Mail into Outlook? In Outlook do File-Import and Export-Import Internet Mail and Addresses-next...

Calculations with Oracle imported information
When importing information from Oracle financials to Excel, I have to press F2 in a calculated cell for changed data to update. I am using Microsoft Excel 2003 and importing data mainly from Oracle Financials. The software is running on a Dell XPN computer, using Windows XP. The problem is sporatic and cannot consistently be reproduced. I think my software is adequately updated. Any ideas? ...

Pocket PC Money #2
Does anyone know how to set the password in Money so it prompts you each time you open it, not merely when you have performed a soft reset??? On "Casper" <schaerf@vicnet.net.au> wrote: >Does anyone know how to set the password in Money so it >prompts you each time you open it, not merely when you >have performed a soft reset??? Set a password on the device? -------------------------------------------- To send me e-mail exorcise NO Spam from my e-mail address. -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #...

CScrollView and text height

formula in pivot excel 2007
It used to be possible to enter a formula within a pivot table so it would update if the pivot table was changed. E.g. one column divided by another and the formula would be avaiable even for extra lines if another variable was used. Is this still avaiable in new excel, and if so, where? In EXCEL 2007 take the following action:- PivotTable Tools Options Tools group Formulas Calculated Field The Insert Calculated Field pane should launch. In here you are able to set up to divide one column by another. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks....

Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

How can we add a new contact in outlook 2007 from ms word 2007
How can we add a new contact in outlook 2007 from ms word 2007 while taking printouts of envelopes as the button was available in ms word 2003? Please reply. Do you want to add a contact to Outlook from Word, or insert a contact from Outlook into Word? For the former, you will need a macro - http://www.gmayor.com/create_outlook_entries_from_word.htm For the latter, Outlook must be the default e-mail application in Windows, you can then use the insert address function - or see http://www.gmayor.com/EnvelopesAndLabels.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<&g...

Ranking Numbers with Text

Null in text box

Re: Using Text Styles

Text in Cell as Formula #2

can I prevent words from hyphenating when I justify a paragraph?
> can I prevent words from hyphenating when I justify a > paragraph?========================= Please...include your question in the body of the message. What version of Publisher? Maybe the following steps will be your answer: Tools / Options / Edit tab...Uncheck... "Automatically hyphenate in new text boxes" / OK -- John Inzer MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may not work for you Proceed at your own risk "hopeless" <hopeless@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Logical Test: Text Against Number 01-05-10

Rotate text?
Office(publisher) 2K. Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? L. Not if it's part of the sentence rather than being a separate text box. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "L." <ofallon12320@yahoo1.com> wrote in message news:%23TBzesS9FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Office(publisher) 2K. > > Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? > > L. > > Thanks for the info. L. "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:U46dnd7PfZ5CTBHenZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@suscom....

Plain text warning/ VS2005
Whenever I add a CRecordset derived class, I get an error telling me the password for the DB is sent in "plain text" and is not secure etc. I comment that line out, but how much of a security risk is this? What can I do with my Access database to avoid this? VC 6.0 never gave this error... tia b If you are on any kind of network that anyone can look at, you are wide open for attack. Example, a University network; potentially, ever student can be running a packet sniffer and see your password. Anything that passes acros the Internet outside your local intranet is also vuln...