Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

Mac or PC makes no difference � it's a matter of how the template is
constructed. Without knowing that it's difficult to suggest how to impose
changes on that structure. What more can you tell us?

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/25/10 2:57 PM, in article 59bb374b.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"waltzngmatlda@officeformac.com" <waltzngmatlda@officeformac.com> wrote:

> i'm using a resume template and it's beautiful, but only allows four job
> positions before it moves one the education, etc.
> guess theres a way to do it on the pc version, but with mac, how do i insert
> an addition formatted block?  it will only let me work within the template
> currently.
> hope that makes sense, thanks for the help!

2/26/2010 11:32:31 AM
2/26/2010 2:42:55 PM
Should be little problem...

First, turn on the non-printing characters (�) & go to Table> Gridlines to
display them as well.

Next, select a row that contains the Start Date plus the taller Job Title
row below it, then copy that.

Next, click in the Job Title row above where you want the new stuff, go to
Table> Insert> Insert Row.

Once the new row is inserted Paste what you copied. Repeat for as many
iterations as necessary.

Where the problem comes in is if the insertions cause the table to span a
page break... That will take a little fixing up if the rows don't separate
in the appropriate spots.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

<waltzngmatlda@officeformac.com> wrote in message
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC300009471033.aspx
> this is the template. there doesn't seem to be a way to just 'add' another
> job section without really getting into the template format.
> thanks for you help.

Print template on a 42 cm * 28 cm paper
I would like to print a template on a big size paper 42 cm * 28 cm with my printer (manual tray), so that the template fits the size of that paper. It appears much to small now when I print it, I would like the size of the template to adjust to the size of the page. Thank you. ...

Easy question regarding maintenance
Are there any guidelines or suggestions on how often an Exchange administrator should run the "Isinteg -alltests" and the "ESEUTIL" for the defrag? I'm sure it depends on the size and complexity of the organization - we're one site with about 400 users. My thought is about once a month but I don't want to overdo it if it's not needed. Any thoughts would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance. most experienced Exchange admins will tell you not to run these utilities against your database/s unless you have a specific problem that they will address...in ...

Question about spammers users using SMTP
All, First, I'd like to apologize, I know almost nothing about Exchange. But our office has the following problem 1) We have a relatively old exchange version, installed on Win NT about 4-5 years ago. (I know we need to upgrade, but that a sep issue) 2) We used to be an independant company, and when we were bought by our parent company, we kept the exchange server, b/c a lot of customer service emails go to folders on it and need to be accessible easily locally, plus the corporate mail hasn't been as stable. 3) The spam problem was increasingly becoming a problem, so we changed origi...

Is there a template to create a template?
Just wondering! Mike Mike Koewler wrote: > Just wondering! > > Mike Oh Mike, hahaha there is a macro to make a cake, I think Ed had it... You don't use a macro to make a cake. First you need a box of scratch............. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Steve in NC" <dtp2webSPAM@netscape.net> wrote in message news:HA1Rg.1220$o71.814@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net... > Mike Koewler wrote: >> Just wondering! >> >> Mike > > Oh Mike, hahaha > > there is a macro to make a cake, I think Ed had it... > I ...

control excel from vc application or add excel view to a multiple document
Hi, I need to add an Excel view to my document in a multiple document project. Is there any simple way to do it. I just need to have a table in exclel + save option. If not how can I control excel to create my table in excel from my program? Thanks in advance, Behzad ...

calendar templates
I imported a calendar which I want to change every month but keep the same text for each day of the week. When I changed the margins to make the calendar wider I cannot get back into the calendar portion to make the changes for the month and move the dates over accordingly. Can I change the margins or create a new template on my own and make it work. If so, how do I go about doing this. Publisher 2007 is what I am now using Thank you What template? From the Office site? Changing the margins shouldn't affect the way you input your data. Have you applied a border...

How to Add Custom Color to Following
Hello All! I have some queries related to MFC PropertySheet and page. Please somebody provide me useful pointer or help towards this #1 I want to know how to add custom Skin or Color to Dialog Box Title Bar #2 How to get ID of BACK,NEXT and FINISH button in MFC Based Wizard (my custom) because I want to change default look of these button or rather say I want to add color to these button. Thanks -- With Regards Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com "I think this will Help" Hi, To answer part #2 of your question: The IDs o...

How to modify templates and keep them templates
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Is there an easy way to edit a template and resave it as a template without having to rename it or remember the exact name it had. I keep getting multiple versions of the same template each time I change it. You can open the template file using the File>Open menu. That way, Word will open the file as a template (as opposed to a new document based on that template), and when you save any modifications you have made, they will be saved to the template file itself. By the way, Word 2008 stores templates in ~/Library...

I m looking for design templates for the oil field
I need templates for valves pipe turns andohter related hardware try http://www.flair-infomatics.co.uk/downloads.htm John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm "jc" <jc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24A9F42D-391C-445A-BB45-5A9790597706@microsoft.com... >I need templates for valves pipe turns andohter related hardware ...

template for deleting columns.....
I'm trying automate the process of deleting about 70 columns from a spreadsheet...I need to find out how this can be done (I'm assuming I need to run some program to do this).....the columns I need to delete will always be the same and to do this manually is killing me...any ideas? Thanks, Jeff Try recording a macro when you select some columns and delete them. You'll see the code that works for you. If you're anything like me, you may want to hide the columns instead of deleting them (just another option). If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitc...

Question about a formula
I want to search a column to test for a number that's less than 0 & then perform one of two actions. Here's the formula I'm currently using: =IF(ISNA(LOOKUP("<=0",G4:G17)),GEOMEAN(G4:G17),AVERAGE(G4:G17)) Would anyone tell me if there's a better or more efficient way of doing this? Many thanks. On Dec 17, 10:04=A0pm, Frank Kirk <fwk...@attglobal.net> wrote: > I want to search a column to test for a number that's less than 0 & > then perform one of two actions. =A0Here's the formula I'm currently usin= g: > > =3DIF(I...

General question about spam blacklists
This is not an Exchange-specific question, more a general SMTP question, hoping an expert reads and replies. The company I work for (and administer the Exchange server for) has a contract with an vendor to provide a web-based appointment setting program. Clients go to the site, set an appointment to meet with us, and receive an e-mail confirming their appointment. The e-mail says its from my domain, but it doesn't actually ever touch my server- it's relayed from the vendor's mailserver with my domain as the reply-to address. The vendor is worried that the volume of mail...

Equation Editor- problem when editing an equation
I use Equation Editor a great deal, and I constantly have the same problem. If I create an equation, and later go back to edit it, the font and spacing of the equation change. I try to resize the equation by enlarging or decreasing the size of the window, but all that I accomplish is either "bunching up" or "stretching" my equation. How do I get it back to what it looked like originally? ...

I need a DVD case template
I am after templates for DVD cases not CD/DVD cases - any suggestions? Might modify one of these http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=dvd&sc=4&av=ZPB Try Neato or Avery for templates. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Helpee" <Helpee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D09FCCDF-4C85-4CFA-AA5B-D87184C54A87@microsoft.com... >I am after templates for DVD cases not CD/DVD cases - any suggestions? ...

splitting a database, where question
I have built a small but useful database on my own work pc, and now need to split it for other users. So I wondered if it was best to split it on my own machine then place the BE on the server, then copy the front end to local machines. OR, place the whole unsplit database on the server, then split it, and copy the front end from the server to local machines. Thanks On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 16:25:38 +0000, Bob H <bob@despammer.com> wrote: I would first make a backup. Then copy my db to the server. Then on my workstation's version delete all the tables. Then use the Imp...

with ref to the dialog editor question
A few days ago I posted a question about "dialog editor." (please see below) Perhaps I was asking the wrong question. I'm trying to create a form to input data similar to the one found by doing a <DATA-Form> but with my own comments etc and using the targets as different parts of the spreadsheet. Please can anyone give me a clue on how to start Regards DAVE Bristol UK "Can someone please help. I am trying to start the dialog editor. my book says :- 1 In microsoft excel for windows, choose Run from the microsoft excel control menu. 2 Select the dialog editor o...

Quote template
Does anyone have a form I can use to get a quote from a contractor for a job? In Excess 2000 there used to be numerous templates. They are no longer easily accessible in XP. Please send answer to kitylove2@aol.com Thank you http://office.microsoft.com/templates you should be able to find a template to meet your needs here. -- Paul Ballou MVP Office http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/default.aspx http://office.microsoft.com/templates http://office.microsoft.com/home Control the things you can and Don't Worry about the things you can't control. "Kitylove2" <Kit...

xcell template
i am trying to create a speadsheet that adds up all the xl or m or small in the t shirt collum then give me the total number for that coolum. i.e t/shirt sweat shirt coat xl m xl m xl xl m s m s s s total tshirt xl=1 sweat shirt xl=1 coat xl=2 m=2 m=1 m=1 s=1 s=2 ...

Small Book Template
I am looking for a Publisher template for a paperback size book (any size will do though). I'm looking for a template that has all the necessary formatting to send to a printer as well as the necessary pages in the front and back. Thanks in advance. Dianne Siebold Dianne, Check with your printer first. You may find they don't use Publisher. I love the program myself but I've learned that the publishing world isn't as enamored as I am. -- JoAnn Two things are aesthetically perfect in the world - the clock and the cat. --Emile-August Chartier "...

adding subject line to e-mail template
I have depts in my company who weekly send me a spreadsheet of companys to receive a standard e-mail sent using Outlook 98. I created a DOT file in Word for the e- mail body. I set the mail format to Word and the template to the DOT file. Since the subject is the same for each e- mail, is there a way to add the subject line to the template? ...

Question Ragarding migration
Hello All: Having some issues with migration from 5.5 to 2000. Have 2000 exchange server setup in a different org than that of the 5.5. Both in DNS with mx records and priority 10 Have ADC installed and 2 way connection agreement between the 2 - constant replication. Can migrate the mailbox over to the 2000 server no problem with the migration wizard. However, first issue is that after the migration has completed, the mailbox is left in place on the 5.5 server. I thought it would delete it Second issue is that if I leave the mailbox intact, it receives mail on the 5.5 server. If I delete i...

I have several word doc. pages that I would like to convert into email templates that I can send to various contacts as needed. The docs. have graphics etc. already. Is there a way to drop them into an email message and keep them as a template? -- Trying to get ahead Outlook and Word versions?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "G...

Template help Window
OK this sounds odd but how do I keep the template help window from appearing when I open my template? Thanks in advance, Barry ...

delete template
when I open word an old text comes up everytime like a template, I have tried to delete, I have tried to find normal.dot file to delete when I am in word it won't let me delete because file is open this is driving me crazy please help See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 13:34:01 -0700, maw <maw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >when I open wor...

Forms question
I have to create an Access program. Basically I need to create one table and form in which information namely school marks (total mark) will be entered. Second this information is then relayed to a second person who tallies up the subtests and enters another number in another total column probably on another form. At the end of the day this number should be the same as the number entered by the first person. If it's not we need to display an error message or warning. Please help. How can I accomplish this (2 forms, one main one sub linked on a query which will update it as it is ent...