Spell check not working.

Version: 2004
Processor: Intel

0
tencargarage

No, reinstalling is not a fix on a Mac in the overwhelming majority of
cases. The files which cause those issues are not replaced or repaired & you
have to go through all of the updating again just to get back to where you
started from... Not to mention that the issue may be made worse and/or other
issues may arise. Have a look at the information here:

http://word.mvps.org/Mac/SpellCheck.html

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 12/23/09 9:23 AM, in article 59bafa9d.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"tencargarage@officeformac.com" <tencargarage@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel
> I reinstalled SL and all my MS office apps and updates.  I noticed that spell
> check does not detect spelling errors. Auto spell check is on and even when I
> manual invoke spell check it does not detect errors.
>
> I see a progress bar at the word that is intentionally misspelled and the only
> dictionary that I see and it is check is a custom dictionary.
>
> Should I reinstall Word?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
CyberTaz
12/23/2009 5:16:56 PM
0
tencargarage
12/27/2009 8:51:50 PM
As I explained before, reinstalling rarely does anything to address issues
that arise over time... The programs do not go bad, so "dragging" them from
anywhere will not correct the problem either. In fact, reinstalling or
attempting to do any kind of partial restoration like that will more likely
make matters worse and/or create other problems.

No sarcasm, but the fact that the programs were "working fine for years" is
irrelevant. The fact is that something is not working now & the reason it
isn't is either that changes have taken place with files external to the
applications but on which they rely or aspects of the documents themselves.

The most common reason Spell Check doesn't perform as expected is related to
Language as described in the info I directed you to. This is even more
likely today because of the indiscriminant copying from source documents
about which the user has no knowledge other than what they actually are able
to see. I'm glad you found the material "informative" but what you don't
mention is whether you've followed any of the advice recommended there.

The second bulleted item in topic #2 most directly addresses the specific
question you've raised. Since we have no indication of whether the problem
is occurring in one specific document, some documents, or all including new
documents you create now � or even whether you've created them yourself �
makes it difficult to guide you beyond that. I'm 97% certain, however, that
the answers & solution you need are there.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 12/27/09 3:51 PM, in article 59bafa9d.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"tencargarage@officeformac.com" <tencargarage@officeformac.com> wrote:

> The links are informative but still do not address the fact that this software
> working fine for years and I also have updated the software religiously.
>
> What if I uninstalled Office and reinstalled?
>
> Could I drag the Office apps from my SUper DUper backup of the entire drive?
>
> I think that I did a customized install. Maybe I should just do the
> recommended install?  I recall having this same problem when I first installed
> the product years ago and it seems that uninstalling and reinstalling was the
> recommended solution.
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
CyberTaz
12/27/2009 10:05:01 PM
Everything but English was installed. <br><br>Thanks for your help.
0
tencargarage

"Rule Could not be Created, check your folder permissions"
Outlook 2002, WinXP Pro.. tried adding work's exchange server but couldn't access it through the internet. Removed the Exchange account from Tools->Email Accounts, and now cannot create message rules with the "Organize" button on the toolbar. Any way to restore the permissions? Try running Detect and Repair. Also, ask your Exchange admin for the protocol to access your Exchange server mail. He will probably have to set you up with a VPN connector and give you some instructions. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discuss...

Money 2004 Deluxe does not work with windos vista business (32-bit)
I have money 2004 Deluxe (standalone version) and bookkeeping all my financial stuff there for a four years. I just upgrade to wondows vista business 2004(32-bit) and install the money 2004 deluxe. The installation is smooth. But it report some problems and vista close it once I click the icon. Is there any workaround or have I upgrade to a new version. The function in 2004 is pretty much enough for me and I feel that I do not need any new function in newer version. :( BTW: I also try to set it into the compatible mode as winXP and it does not work either. On Mar 27, 1:50 pm, "G...

Spell Check preferences?
Hi all, I have a user that is having problems with spell checking in Office 2004. When I set office up I did a full install with proofing tools, etc. The user is running OS 10.4.1. Here is the problem: spell checking never works unless he manually sets it up (he has to got through the tools->language & uncheck "do not check spelling or grammar..") routine for every single document he creates. My question is: Is there a way to set this to default for all documents? Thanks, burn01 jacobbehrnes@gmail.com I'm guessing you're talking about Word here. In Word, go to F...

spelling script
Hi Guys, I'm trying to write a small spelling script that will do the following: Read a word from a text file: show it to the user then needs to type it without any spelling mistake if OK, he gets the next word in the text file if not than he needs to type the word again until he gets it right. Can any one help me with this ? Cheers, Simon "Type each word as it appears then hit enter. Type quit to exit." foreach ($word in (get-content words.txt)) { $correct = $false do { $answer = Read-Host $word if ($answer -ceq $word) {$correct = $true} if ($answer -eq &...

Help: SBS 2003 Exchange Send As permissions not working (and disappearing!)
Hello, I'm having a problem granting Send As rights to users. There's a particular company office manager who needs Send As access to several accounts. Unfortunately it's only worked for one of the accounts (an incoming "Jobs" box which is not logged into by anyone else). The other two accounts, no matter how many times I've tried, wont grant her permission to Send As. In fact I add her to the permissions list via Active Directory and a little later she's even disappeared from the list. I've messed with the 'This object' setting, and everything ...

Spell check anomaly
When I REPLY to a message, WLM always checks the spelling on the original message even though I have selected the option to ignore the original text in a reply. What gives? Is that a bug in WLM? Tom If you save a message to Drafts or an EML file or open while in the Outbox, that will happen since it lost track of what was original and what was new. Or is this happening when you just start a new reply? If so are you interspersing your reply with the original message? Or using stationery? -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Tom Brown" <Bu...

Why does rpc over https not work?
Hi all, When I configure the rpc over https on the exchange 2003 servers, I still can not make a connection as it pops me for the password. After I entered my domain password, it can not be accepted. We have FE and BE servers and exchange 2003 SP2. I configure s tje FE server to use basic authentication and integrated authentication on the backend serves. I can not figure out why it does not work. Can anyone help me with these? Hi, Try to access https://common-name/rpc. It should prompt you for user name and password. If it is giving the certificate warning, install the certific...

spell check #9
The spell check is not working. I click on it an nothing happens. No errors messages. I don't know how to set it up , if that is what needs to be done. Teri wrote: > The spell check is not working. I click on it an nothing > happens. No errors messages. I don't know how to set it > up , if that is what needs to be done. And what version of Outlook are you running? ...

wanting to add boxes that can be checked
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am wanting to add boxes that can be checked or unchecked. <br> Any suggestions? Thank you It's a Field named "Checkbox". Try Insert>HTML Object>Checkbox... Or: View>Toolbars>Forms and use the Forms checkbox. The HTML one looks nicer :-) Cheers On 29/05/10 1:54 AM, in article 59bb91c1.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "The_Bean@officeformac.com" <The_Bean@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) P...

spell checker is not finding spelling errors, any suggestions?
Spell checker finds no spelling errors and tells me that it has completed its review. Yet, I have deliberately mis-spelled words in order to test the spell checker, and it is not finding these mis-spelled words. I am thinking that spell checker is not being pointed to the right dictionary, or any dictionary, but I can't seem to troubleshoot this on my own. Any suggestions? Spellbound wrote: > Spell checker finds no spelling errors and tells me that it has > completed its review. Yet, I have deliberately mis-spelled words in > order to test the spell checker, and it is not...

predictive spelling
Does anyone know of a predictive spelling add- in for Excel 2000 or later? Other than the built in one, that is. I'd like something which refers to a separate worksheet that I can specify. TIA Greg Little ...

MOD Function: MOD(7.0,1) = 1 Why? and how to work around it.
I'm using Excel 2003 spreadsheet, but I've tried this in Excel 2010 & OpenOffice.org. A similiar error occurs. You can see that I've also used the Microsoft suggested workaround but to no avail. Does anyone have an answer or possible suggestion. A B C Base Increment 5.0 0.10 Qty MOD(Qty,1) number-(INT(number/divisor)*divisor) Equiv. = Qty-(INT(Qty/1)*1) $A$2 5.0 0.0 0.0 SUM($A5,$B$2) 5.1 0.1 0.1 SUM($A13,$B$2) 5.9 0.9 0.9 SUM($A14,$B$2) 6.0 0.0 0.0 SUM($A15,$B$2) 6.1 0.1 0.1 SUM($A23,$B$2) 6.9 0.9 0.9...

AfxMessageBox() not working...
Hi, Check out the code::: int nResponse = dlg.DoModal(); switch(nResponse) { case IDOK: { // TODO: Place code here to handle when the dialog is // dismissed with OK AfxMessageBox("Exiting Application"); break; } case IDCANCEL: { // TODO: Place code here to handle when the dialog is // dismissed with Cancel AfxMessageBox("Exiting Application : Execution Cancelled"); break; } }// End Switch Now here when the dialog ends, I dont see any message boxes popping up...whats the issue... Kindly suggest Thanks, a.a.cpp On 11 May 2005 20:48:...

Workflow status active, but not working
Hello, I have an opportunity that triggered a (sales process )workflow rule on creation. When I look at the the sales process in the opportunity it shows that it's active. When I move from sales stage from eg 20% to 50% none of the workflow activities are kicked off for the 50%. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, can you create a new test opportunity and see if it has the same problem ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Loreeta" <Loreeta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B072F8E1-6DBA...

Spelling in Outlook
I run XP Pro SP1, IE 6.0 and its Outlook Express. I also run MS Office 97 Patch 2b with English and Brazilian dictionaries. Winword works fine with both dics. After write a message in OE and when trying to get it spelled, get foll box : "An error occured while the spelling was been checked". Does this happen with someone before ? Can anyone help me in find the solution for this problem ? Appreciate assistance ...

Please Help! Spanish has hijacked my Word 2007 spell checker!
I have saved (repeatedly in existing and new blank documents) all my settings to English, US. However, my spell checker is marking everything in red. When I look at it, the spell check suggests spanish spelling of the words. The spell checker says Spanish, US. I go back, all setting say English. Default language is set to English. I don't know what else to try. Make sure to turn off the "Detect language automatically" option in Review tab | Set Language. Note that once the language has changed in a document, you may have to select the whole document and manu...

Mouse scroll wheel does not work under Windows XP in CListCtrl
I am using my own List-Controls which are using CListCtrl as base. In this Controls the mouse scroll wheel does not work under Windows XP. Is there any parameter which should be set? Best regards rolf brockmann On Tue, 23 May 2006 02:51:01 -0700, rolfb <rolfb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using my own List-Controls which are using CListCtrl as base. >In this Controls the mouse scroll wheel does not work under Windows XP. >Is there any parameter which should be set? It ought to just work. If you are using Intellipoint, note that later versions of Intellipoint requir...

Multiple e-mails on 2 computers(corrected spelling)
My wife's windows ME/Outlook 2000 pc suddenly began getting 2 of each e-mail several months ago. She has Norton AV on the computer but it had been working fine with the computer. She didn't renew the subscription for updates this go around since she was getting a new Dell. I can't say the multiple e-mails started when the Norton subscription expired because I don't know the exact dates. But I guess it could be a possible cause? When I connected her new Dell XP home Outlook 2002 computer through the DlinkDI604 router we use in the house so they could both download the same ...

How to print last page of checking?
I'm using Money 2004 Small Business. In a checking account, how do I print a certain date range? The only option is to print all or some select number of pages, which is useless since you have no idea which page you are on. Thanks, Brett Try a customized transactions by account report. "brett" <account@cygen.com> wrote in message news:1135959824.960676.265200@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I'm using Money 2004 Small Business. In a checking account, how do I > print a certain date range? The only option is to print all or some > select number of page...

'Assign to Me' is not working in Assign dialog box
I wanted to assign a Case(entity) to me from a Queue. For this I clicked on 'Assign' button in the toolbar which provided me 1) Assign to me 2)Assign to another Queue or User options in the dialog box. When I select 'Assign to me' and click OK, the page refreshes, but the case is not getting assigned to me. I turn if I give my name in 'Assign to another queue or user' textbox it’s working What could be the issue? Hi, check the article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949925/EN-US/ The description of the issue in the article seems to be a little bit different, ...

Restart check number
we have printed AP checks using the check number from 0000000001 to 0000000006, but we havent posted those batches. we have only one checbook. Now can we restart the check number from 000001. Then do we need to delete the previous batches for checks printed. What is the best approach in this regard. Thanks in Advance, Arun. In the Post Payables Checks batch window (Transactions > Purchasing > Post Checks), choose the batch in question, then select Reprint Checks from the drop-down list. Enter 000001 for your starting check number. You will also need to go ...

No spelling
In Outlook express V. 6 - I have no spelling tools. No Tolls-Options-Spelling Tab and can not do manual spelling for out-going mails ...

CRM does not sync with Exchange and toolbar(plugin) does not work
When using: Outlook 2003 SP2 and Exchange Server SP2 with CRM 3.0 and the CRM Plugin, the problem is that: the buttons in the toolbar do not work either directly after install or at least after some time. Items of CRM and Exchange seem to be not synchronized (anymore) * The creditionals including password are saved in IE so that when you connect using IE there is no prompt for creditionals * The Server is added to the proxy-exclude-list and the trusted websites * The Server is correctly registered on our DNS and i even added the its entry in the windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts-file * Ther...

Spell Checking
When I click on spell checking prior to sending email. I do not get a message that it is ok. After about a minute, I click on send message, and get the message that spell checker has not completed spell checking, do I want to send anyway? I always check send. Just how long does it take for the spell checker take to check a very short message maybe 200 words, with several links within the message? Bill You could check spelling as you type. Misspelled words will be underlined. Just click on an underlined word to correct the spelling. Checking before sending wants to check...

CTRL+SHIFT+) is not working in Excel 2007
Hi, I am using Office 2007 on Vista machine. When i am using CTRL+0, the excel columns are getting hide. But when i am using CTRL+SHIFT+), my hided columns are not showing up. If there is any workaround, please let em know Hi, This hasn't changed in E2007. To Hide as you correctly say hold CTRL and tap 0 To unhide you have to select the columns either side of the hidden column(s) then CTRL+Shift +0 Mike "Nagender Rathi" wrote: > Hi, > > I am using Office 2007 on Vista machine. > > When i am using CTRL+0, the excel columns are getti...