simple line graph

I am a church consultant, and I want to make a simple line graph to
paste into my Powerpoint presentation, showing the rise and fall of
our membership numbers, from nothing up to 11 million, and then down
to 7 million. I don't know how to do that.

Tom in Texas
0
Tom

Why not just create the chart in PowerPoint? It uses the same tools, as does
Excel.

You don't give enough info regarding the data to be plotted for any specific
direction, but if you have a look at either Word or PPT Help on the topic:
Create a chart
you shouldn't have any problem.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/14/10 12:11 PM, in article
52fd5f83-7162-4824-9a42-0d988fd08fdc@x22g2000yqx.googlegroups.com, "Tom in
Texas" <fuller.tom@att.net> wrote:

> I am a church consultant, and I want to make a simple line graph to
> paste into my Powerpoint presentation, showing the rise and fall of
> our membership numbers, from nothing up to 11 million, and then down
> to 7 million. I don't know how to do that.
>
> Tom in Texas

0
CyberTaz

Creating a summary page without blank lines
I have a project where I need to determine if the billing for supplemental charges for employees matches what is actually deducted from the employee's pay check. I just started this position and what I am working with is a separate spreadsheet for each month's bill. What I have done so far is to create a spreadsheet with a tab for each month that just has the supplemental information being billed for in the left most columns and what was deducted from each paycheck in the columns to the right, a tab that lists employee names and employee numbers, and a summary page that lists...

Simple graph
I have a chart with zip codes and a population rate. ZIP RATE 80001 2.34 80002 1.23 80003 1.23 I want to make a chart that has the rate on the x axis and the number of times that rate occurs on the y axis. | | | * | | * |_________________________________ | | 1.23 2.34 Thank you. I will assume the ZIP and RATE stuff is in A1:B200 (labels in row 1) Label in G1 to read RATE (but leave it empty for now), label in H2 to read COUNT Make a list of rates in G2:G20 (say) In H2 =COUNTIF($B$2:$B$200,G2) Copy down the row Select H1:G20 and make a...

Crystal Report Images on the same horizontal line
Hi! I'm trying to get images from a DB and I need to place them on a small card in the same row (attached is a MS Word doc example). I don't know how to manipulate the BLOB fields to place it in the same row. It is a small A5 card. I need to get the persons text info placed in rows. This is easy. But I need to place their pictures on the same horizontal line. This is where I don't fall of the bus. Eg. 1. Name 2. Name 3. Name 1. Photo 2.Photo 3.Photo Thanx! Frik Thanx! Frik Olivier This is the wrong user group for this question. Try the SQL Server user gr...

Outlook Format and line spacing.
I write a message/letter on HTML format single line spacing, and when the Reply comes back to my Inbox my original message is in double line spacing. Even when I write a "test" letter to myself, again in HTML single line space, the letter appears in my "In box" in double line spacing. How can we cure this? ...

print Grid Lines
when i try to print grid lines they dont print, i have tried to look at "format cell" then boarders and selected inside with a solid black line. i have also checked the "page setup" and the "sheet tab" and chedked "grid lines" but i still cannot print grid lines. will some one please help me. >-----Original Message----- >when i try to print grid lines they dont print, i have >tried to look at "format cell" then boarders and selected >inside with a solid black line. i have also checked >the "page setup" and th...

Simple help with implementing Outlook-like GUI
Hi All. I am an experienced unix programmer who sometimes has to do something in the windows world, and always has newbie-questions. Basically I want to write an application program that looks like outlook in that it has nice icons down the left hand side that choose the content of the main area in the right hand side. So I started the MFC App wizard, and got me a SDI program with a CLeftFrame (CTreeView) and a CMainFrame (CFrameWnd). Then I prepared the following snippet of code to draw the buttons: // Create a pushbutton CBitmapButton* pmyButton; pmyButton = new CB...

Simple Simple Simple
Just started Excel (again) and need to make an easy speadsheet fo calculating square inches. Column A: Height Column B: Legnth Column C: Total Tags per 16 x 24 Column D: Cost per tag Figures I know: each sheet cost me $9.98. each sheet is 16 x 24 inches What I want to do is enter the Height, enter the Length and have th total (sum) be entered into columns C and D. I can't believe I forgot how to enter formulas. Any help will b appreciated. Thank you, Crai -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Craig, One Way, might be better ways but this'll work: List the colou...

Macro to change position of chart labels on line chart
Hello all, I have quite a trickly problem to solve and I would appreciate any suggestions. I have a dashboard page in a worksheet which shows financial KPIs (i.e. sales) as forecast this year versus last year. There are a number of line charts on the dashboard showing the differing forecasts; the user of the dashboard can choose a business unit to view. What I would like to be able to do is to have the chart labels for these charts automatically change their aligmnent so that they display properly. I have set the chart labels to display "Above" for the new forecast and "Bel...

Simple hack to get $500 to your home at http://uknews.tk Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...

Changing Data Series in a Chart from Bar to Line
Happy New Year everyone! I have a question regarding charts in MS Access. I am able to create a chart that uses both bars and lines to return data, however, I can not figure out how to specify which data series are returned as bars and which are returned as lines. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Chad ...

Simple Query Wizard hangs
I am using Access 2003 When I initiate the "Simple Query Wizard", I am presented with the first screen - "What fields do you want in your query" When I click on the pulldown list to select a table, I get the following message: "The expression On Get Focus you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: the text you entered isn't an item in the list * the expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure]. * There may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or macro&q...

I Need a Simple Sales Software
Hello, I am looking for software to keep track of my prospects, customers, and the notes of the sales process. I spend about one hour a day on sales and marketing, so I prefer a simple and inexpensive software. Maximizer, Outlook, Act, and Goldmine seem made for the full-time professional salesperson. Please let me know if what I am looking for exists. Best Regards, T.I. ...

deleting every other line of sheet
I would like to delete every other line of an imported data. I have tried writing a macro that deletes every other line but it is very cumbersome. Could someone suggest a smarter way to do it? Many thanks Yours Andrew J Andrew, See if this method works any better. 1. In the column adjacent to your imported data enter and fill down the following formula: =Mod(Row(),2) This will fill down 0,1,0,1,... 2. Autofilter your imported data, including the new column of 0 and 1 3. In the Autofilter for the new column, select either 1 or 0 (depending on the data you want to keep) 4. Copy the ...

address in one line
Hi all, I am trying to get query to return record like follow: name 123 mian st. houston, tx 77082 USA but the result i get is as followed: name 123 main st. houston tx 77082 USA what do i need to chage in the query? the query as followed: SELECT vendor.VENDOR_NAME & Chr(10) & Chr(13) & vendor.Address & Chr(10) & Chr(13) & vendor.City & " , " & vendor.State & " ' " & vendor.Zip & Chr(10) & Chr(13) & vendor.Country from vendor I would say it is not possible you are getting t...

Command line to create a new email with multiple attachments
Hi What is the command line to activate outlook, create a new email and attach seversl files to the message. for a single attachment the command is- OTLOOK.EXE "finame". If there othe way to do it from Visual C++ appreciate any pointer, .. Thanks or any help Dov ...

XY Scatter Graph using Columns of Y and X coordinates
Hi, I'm trying to build an XY Scatter Graph. I want to have: * "Opportunity" on the Y axis * "Capabilities" on the X axis * I'd like to have each XY coordinate labeled with a number. Here is some of the data I am using: # A Capabilities 1 4.9 3.8 2 4.1 4.8 3 4.1 3.5 4 3.9 3.3 When I use the XY Scatter graph in Excel, I get: using Columns: both "Opportunity" and "Capabilities" numbers charted on the Y axis with "Opportunity" and "Capabilities" eac...

Simple public folder permission problem
I have a public task list folder. However even though I have given everyone "Author" priviledges and full control of the directory, users cannot update the tasks (although they can create new ones). The changes to tasks get reset to their original values. Where should I look to fix this problem? Brian How did you grant Author Access, via Outlook or ESM? What do you meanyou gave them full control of the directory? "Brian Taylor" <taylorb@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message news:e2hwumGrEHA.1160@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have a public task list folder. Ho...

Grid Lines
Would somone help me hack into my registry and change the default from grid lines to no grid lines (ever). I run Excel 2002 10.2614.2625 I would value assistance please. David This posting from Dave Peterson offers a bunch of suggestions, including modifying the registry. Can't vouch for 2002, but his suggestion worked for 97. http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&safe=off&selm=3EE511E0.90416324%40msn.com HTH Paul -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Be advised to back up y...

how to creat a lined page?
HOW CAN I CREAT A LINED PAGE? IM TRYING TO MAKE MY OWN NOTEBOOKS. IM NOT EVEN SURE IF POWER POINT WOULD BE THE RIGHT SOFTWARE TO USE. "DANNY T" <DANNY T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F3CFF0B-3D29-4C43-80CE-FED4474A89DD@microsoft.com... > HOW CAN I CREAT A LINED PAGE? IM TRYING TO MAKE MY OWN NOTEBOOKS. IM NOT > EVEN > SURE IF POWER POINT WOULD BE THE RIGHT SOFTWARE TO USE. No it wouldn't. And please turn off the caps lock. What is it you're trying to do? I mean, why create a lined page? Also, typing in all caps impli...

Sub-category line charts
I right click on a payee that I've paid each month for the past year. I pick the Go to Sub-Category item. I gives me a chart for all the payments I've made. But the line graph only shows the last 6 months. How do I change the line graph to show the entire year. TIA Have a nice week... Trent Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity! The line graph on a category or subcategory will only show 6 months. You'll need to have a custom report to do it for longer -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for...

Make it more simple or intuitive to do simple things
I appreciate the fact that applications are becoming more versatile and able to do things that we hardly thought possible in the past but I feel that in this added complexity you are losing sight of the need to do simple things easily without resorting to trial and error or consulting "help" which often anyhow doesn't lead one straight to the solution! An example is how to produce a chart with a series of months i.e Jan Feb Mar etc appearing on the X axis. This is no doubt something that resulted naturally in the first versions of Excel charts or in a competitor's ea...

Line Items of RM20101?
In which table the line Items of RM20101 are stored? Does RM20101 contains the header info of all the posted invoices (both from IVC and SOP), voided invoices and returns? Is it possible to access one table for all these. I am exporting GP Invoices info in Other appln and I cannot get the full grasp of the invoices and accounts flow. Please answer. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanking you in anticipation, Regards, Samik. Try this query. Copy and paste the whole thing into a query window and examine the results. Add or delte fields from the tables as required. Turn the while ...

How do I create a line graph with x- y axis?
I am trying to make a single line graph a x axis (vertcal side) showing breathing rates per minute, and the Y axis )horizontal axis) gin-ving time in minutes. - Select the both x and y data ranges - Insert|Chart - On the Standard Types tab, select "XY (Scatter)" - Select the desired chart subtype (with or with without point markers and/or connnecting lines, and whether connecting lines should be curved or straight) - Continue pressing Next, ajusting options as desired, until finished Notes: - Avoid the "Line" Standard Type. The name is very misleading. Its purpos...

Alphabet in marker for chart lines
How can I insert a alphabet as marker in the chart lines. If I right click on a chart line (line chart), then patterns, markers, then is there a way I can insert a alphabet or special symbols like "a", "c", "delta(greek symbol)" etc., Please help You could add a data label for the data point, edit the label (the default choices would probably not suit you), and select the Center label position. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "mario" &...

Graph link format
I am trying to keep a set of graphs linked in a document to their excel file. The problem is that I cannot select the option to keep them the same size and format when they are updated. The option is greyed out. Please help me. Hi fcisp, See if this one works for you. http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=46010&lngWId=1 "fcisp" wrote: > I am trying to keep a set of graphs linked in a document to their excel file. > The problem is that I cannot select the option to keep them the same size > and format when they are updated. ...