Russian Spell Check

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

0
blubberbo

No.  Sorry.

You need to use an external spell-checking program.

I have no idea whether this one is any good or not:

http://home.swipnet.se/~w-30837/rscinfo.html

Be careful:  some online software is not all it appears to be: sometimes
it's more.  More viruses, more malware, etc...  Be very careful :-)

Cheers

On 3/05/10 9:43 AM, in article 59bb7d4c.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"blubberbo@officeformac.com" <blubberbo@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am wondering if there is anyway Office 2008 can spell check my typing in
> Russian.
>
> Thank you

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John
5/3/2010 9:39:50 AM
0
thg
5/3/2010 1:03:29 PM
On 2010-05-03 09:03:29 -0400, thg@officeformac.com said:

> SpellCatcher can do Russian
>
> http://www.rainmakerinc.com/

I believe there is also a free option to add Russian to the built in
Mac OS X spell checker.

You'll have to open your files in an application that takes advantage
of it though :-\

Corentin

--
          --- Office:Mac MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---

iso
5/3/2010 5:17:07 PM
blubberbo@officeformac.com wrote:
> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor:
> Intel Hi,
>
> I am wondering if there is anyway Office 2008 can spell check my typing
> in Russian.
>
> Thank you

A quick search of the internet for free dictionaries turned up this site:
http://verbioso.com/downloads.html

I didn't try it. If you do, please report your experience here.

Thanks.

-Jim

--
Jim Gordon
Mac MVP
> I believe there is also a free option to add Russian to the built in  <br>
> Mac OS X spell checker. <br><br>Yes, the built in spell checker does Russian, but Office doesn't use it, so you would have to check in TextEdit or something else.
0
thg

Check approval code
We just started using PCcharge and Telecheck to get check approvals using our RMS system and when we process the checks we are supposed to enter the approval code on the checks, however the screen that has the approval code disappears quite fast, is there any way to slow down this screen enough to see the number? ...

How to check region ?
How do I check / confirm which region my version of money is for ? Subject: Re: Money 2001 to 2004 upgrade From: "Bob Peel, MVP" <Bob_Peel@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk> Sent: 8/9/2003 7:46:26 AM Nope. Your problem is that you must stick within geographic region when upgrading. i.e. US > US or UK > UK. So if you are currently using a UK version of M2001 then you must wait until the UK version of M2004 is released - the US version on sale and as a trial won't do. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/de...

Add payment check number on G/L detail inquiry screen/report

You get good spells and you get bad spells whoever you are.-easy way to learn english
You get good spells and you get bad spells whoever you are.-easy way to learn english Change ur language and you change ur thoughts. Learn English and free download Grammar & dictionary. Just click the website and share ur thoughts=85. =93Give a man fish and he=92ll eat once! Teach a man to fish and he=92ll eat for a lifetime=94. http://Onlinespokenenglish.googlepages.com/home ...

How do I print postdated checks in Money 2004
I've just purchased Money 2004 and I'm trying to figure out how to print postdated checks. I've figured out how to create a recurring transaction but when I go to print the checks there is only one check waiting to be printed. Thank in advance. D And how many checks are in the account register(s) with the word "Print" in the number field? I print postdated checks all of the time. I don't think your problem is the postdated checks, but from your description, I'm not sure exactly what it is. I think you are confusing scheduling a recurring item with the...

Spell check is not allowing ignore or changes on undo edit
Please help my spell checker for Word 2007 student edition is not working it only allows me to undo edits it will not go through the document and allow me to ignore or change anything, I 've checked all settings, reinstalled, repaired, and checked registry.... Thanks so much See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< >&...

check writing conversion
I'm looking for a way to take a numeric amount and convert it to alpha-numeric text -- for use in a check writing application. I've successfully writen a series of functions to do this, but it's very sloppy. Is there perhaps an ADD-IN to assist in this? Asked often http://tinyurl.com/us67 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Kit Carson" <xqqme2day@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:57e801c3a979$7f0b9bb0$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > I'm looking for a way to take a numeric amount and > convert it to alpha-numeric text -- for use in a check >...

Check NSFed after it's been reconciled
We have a situation where a check was reconciled, but then came back as NSF. How do we process it? If the check hasn't been transferred to history you can simply NSF it (Transactions >> Sales >> Posted Transactions). If the check has been transferred to history you can do a return transaction (Transactions >> Sales >> Transaction Entry and select "Returns" as the document type) Enter the amount in the Sales and Cash fields. By entering the amount in the Cash field you will effect your checkbook. You should then make a bank deposit (with reciept...

How do you clean up shading on a computer check signature in GP 10
When printing computer checks in GP 10.0 using User Defined Check 2 format, which prints a signature on the check, the signature prints with a lot of background shading which makes it hard to read. Any suggestions on how to clean it up to make it more readable or at least where in GP to find the image file that contains the signature. Brent, If your check signature was introduced as a customization, you will need to correct the bitmap source you used for the signature. Please take a look at KB article 854470 for detailed information on preventing image quality degrading. Best regards...

Russian language
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) How I can add Russian language? ...

Check workbook open or not
Dear Sir, I'm writing a program which will check the workbook open or not. If the workbook isn't opened, open it otherwise do nothing. How can I do this coding ? Thanks Eva Eva One way: On Error Resume Next If Len(Workbooks("Misc.xls").Name) = 0 Then Workbooks.Open Filename:="Your full path goes here\Misc.xls" Else Windows("Misc.xls").Activate End If On Error GoTo 0 If the workbook is not open then the "Len(.....).Name causes an error, hence the On Error statement. Also the Length will be zero. Note that there mu...

Check not visible for void.. ??
After Year End Closing, we did a test check run to make sure everything worked correctly. After that, the checks got voided. Payroll now found that one of those checks didn't get voided, and when they try to look it up and void it, it doesn't show in the list of checks. At the same time the check is showing on the payroll side and it's making the gross amounts for the month all incorrect. I looked a t the tables on the SQL and queried for the check number, but I don't dare to "try" deleting or voiding the records. What would be the best way to solve this issue? T...

Does USA Office have UK English spell checker?
Title says it all. I am just wondering? Robin Yes, it does. You have to specifically inform Word to use the UK checker by tagging the text as UK English, however, either via Tools | Language or changing the Language setting in the style definition. On 10/15/04 12:12 AM, "Robin Jackson" wrote: > Title says it all. > > I am just wondering? > > Robin > -- Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/ MacWord Tips: <http://www.word.mvps.org/MacWordNew/> What's an MVP? Read the FAQ: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ ...

error in spell check
Hi, everytime I run spell check, there's error sign. Whats wrong? Pls help Nash ...

russian language support
can anyone tell me if microsoft office 2004 for Mac supports russian? i've had some problems in opening docs from office XP written in russian. appreciate any help anton anton <master_of_tiburses@zmail.pt> wrote: > can anyone tell me if microsoft office 2004 for Mac supports russian? > i've had some problems in opening docs from office XP written in > russian. It should. Providing you have proper Cyrillic fonts on your Mac, Office 2004 should be able to work with the document. All you need is Unicode support and Word 2004 has it. Corentin -- ...

Spell check in Word and Outlook
We received this message from an 86-year-old relative. The problem was solved was on his computer, now needs to be solved on her computer, and we are two hours away. It almost sounds like they bought a foreign language version of Office, but that English is not a choice. Any solutions? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "She sent her first e-mail after you had installed the Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007. "The problem is that the spell checker flags every practically every word in the message even though they are not misspelled. "I remembered then that the technic...

Spelling takes about 3 minutes to pass any single word check
Hi there, I am using MS Outlook 2000. The Spelling tool takes about 3-5 minutes to pass a single word check. This problem happens when the email has attachment. Any idea would be appreciated, Ross ...

Fonts don't work when typing Russian characters.
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I have set up Russian as the second language I can type in on my mac. All the characters display correctly. However, only 2 or 3 basic fonts are available when the language is set to Russian. I realize that *most* fonts out there have not been converted to cyrillic characters, but from having Office before, I know that quite a few of them are (as in, a lot more than those that work for me). Is there a reason my mac does not recognize that they work for both languages? Can they be activated or downloaded? Any insight would be appreciated. On 2...

Publisher 2007 Spelling Defaults to French
Why does my Publisher 2007 keep switching between French and English spell check verification in the same text block of the same document? I am working in files that were created several months ago and I am attempting to make revisions within the existing text block. Spell checker verifies any preexisting text as English, but then switches to French spelling verification for anything new. This becomes evident by going to the beginning of the text block and "F7" - I can see the Check Spelling switch between English and French. New documents do not appear to be behaving in...

Checking file
I would like to check whether a file exists or not, in a MFC application. Is my following approach correct? /////////// CFileFind directory_finder; if(directory_finder.FindFile(full_filename_path) && !directory_finder.FindNextFile()) { // file exists } else { // file does not exist } /////////// Charles Tam wrote: > I would like to check whether a file exists or not... Just use GetFileAttributes(...) if INVALID_FILE_ATTRIBUTES, something is wrong. Best, Dan. -- "We need an energy policy that encourages consumption" George W. Bush. "Conservation may be ...

Two Checking Accounts in Money
I have set up two checking accounts within Money 2003. Both of them are set up with my financial institution. When I go to download my latest transactions from either account, it automatically goes into only one of my checking accounts in Money. How do I tell Money which checking account that specific download should be imported into?? I have tried allowing Money to open by itself after the download, but it still goes into only the one checking account. I cannot select which account that particular download is for. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Rick ...

How to check port
Hi All, I have a problem checking the port that is use by my exchange server. Can I know how to check the port that is using by exchange 5.5 and exchange 2000? by default i know that exchange is using port 389. because this exchange is not setup by me and I not able to contact the person that setup this exchange. Hope someone can tell me. thank you. eng =?Utf-8?B?RW5n?= <Eng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:5C19619A-01C2-4F29-9E62-EF9B8BB27C4F@microsoft.com: > I have a problem checking the port that is use by my exchange server. > Can I know how to check the port t...

Date an Russian women and marry her
Search Russian wives http://wurr.org/fewrtt ...

Spell Checker #2
Spell checker doesn't work with Micrsoft Outlook Express. I don't think it's connecting to Wordperfect 10 dictionary. Can anyone help me? you need the Microsoft office spell checker - available in works or any Microsoft office product. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.co...

Excel Russian
Hi, I have an english version of windows and a english version of office 2003 I have got an excel document with some english -> russian translations in, i need to export these. I have got a russian font and when I change to the font type in a colmumn some chartacters are not showing up. is there anyway of sorting this out, i have no idea where to look or what to do? Thanks for any help Adrian. "Adrian Hirst" wrote: > Hi, > > I have an english version of windows and a english version of office 2003 I > have got an excel document with some english -> r...