Reverse arrow for hyperlinks

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
Processor: Intel

I need to find a 'reversing arrow' that I can add to the toolbar to click on after using a hyperlink. <br>
You can do this in Windows but I cannot find a similar facility when using my macbook. <br>
I use longish word docs that often have links to other parts of the document. How do I get back to the point at which I activated the hyperlink, apart from scrolling back laboriously? <br>
Thanks for any solutions.
0
nonexecdirector
3/4/2010 12:10:11 PM
mac.office.word 1676 articles. 1 followers. Follow

6 Replies
753 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 20

Shift + F5, provided you have not closed the document.

Shift + F5 takes you sequentially back through the last three edits to a
document.  Clicking a hyperlink will be registered as an edit.

Rather than clicking Hyperlinks, you may want to investigate View>Navigation
Pane.  It's a great alternative if your screen is big enough.
Alternatively, investigate Outline View, a much more powerful view that is
very useful for skipping around (if the document has been correctly
formatted).

Hope this helps


On 4/03/10 11:10 PM, in article 59bb3dc8.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"nonexecdirector@officeformac.com" <nonexecdirector@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel
> I need to find a 'reversing arrow' that I can add to the toolbar to click on
> after using a hyperlink.
> You can do this in Windows but I cannot find a similar facility when using my
> macbook. 
> I use longish word docs that often have links to other parts of the document.
> How do I get back to the point at which I activated the hyperlink, apart from
> scrolling back laboriously?
> Thanks for any solutions.

This email is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum
matters unless you intend to pay!

 -- 

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word); Consultant Technical Writer,
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia.
Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410; mailto:john@mcghie.name


0
John
3/4/2010 7:40:08 PM
Sadly this does not work for me. Shift + F5 does nothing and the alternatives do not take me back to the hyperlinked word. <br>
The Windows Word has a backward arrow if you can find it in the ribbon. This takes you straight back to where you were. <br>
Thanks anyway. <br><br>> Shift + F5, provided you have not closed the document. <br>
>  <br>
> Shift + F5 takes you sequentially back through the last three edits to a <br>
> document.  Clicking a hyperlink will be registered as an edit. <br>
>  <br>
> Rather than clicking Hyperlinks, you may want to investigate View>Navigation <br>
> Pane.  It's a great alternative if your screen is big enough. <br>
> Alternatively, investigate Outline View, a much more powerful view that is <br>
> very useful for skipping around (if the document has been correctly <br>
> formatted). <br>
>  <br>
> Hope this helps <br>
>  <br>
>  <br>
> On 4/03/10 11:10 PM, in article 59bb3dc8.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, <br>
> &quot;nonexecdirector@officeformac.com&quot;  wrote: <br>
>  <br>
> > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel <br>
> > I need to find a 'reversing arrow' that I can add to the toolbar to click on <br>
> > after using a hyperlink. <br>
> > You can do this in Windows but I cannot find a similar facility when using my <br>
> > macbook.  <br>
> > I use longish word docs that often have links to other parts of the document. <br>
> > How do I get back to the point at which I activated the hyperlink, apart from <br>
> > scrolling back laboriously? <br>
> > Thanks for any solutions. <br>
>  <br>
> This email is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum <br>
> matters unless you intend to pay! <br>
>  <br>
>  --  <br>
>  <br>
> John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word); Consultant Technical Writer, <br>
> McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia. <br>
> Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410; mailto:john@mcghie.name <br>
>  <br>
>  <br>
>
0
nonexecdirector
3/6/2010 5:27:20 PM
If Shift + F5 "does nothing" hop into your System Preferences and wrench it
back from the clutches of whatever is stealing it...

Mac OS X is a little voracious on keystrokes.  Sometimes you have to get in
and unpick it from whatever keys you want to use :-)

Shift + F5 is the same command as Windows Word runs.

You can customise your toolbar to place the command on it.  The command name
is "GoBack".  Have a look in the Word Help under "Customize toolbars and
menus" for details on how.

Cheers

On 7/03/10 4:27 AM, in article 59bb3dc8.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"nonexecdirector@officeformac.com" <nonexecdirector@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Sadly this does not work for me. Shift + F5 does nothing and the alternatives
> do not take me back to the hyperlinked word.
> The Windows Word has a backward arrow if you can find it in the ribbon. This
> takes you straight back to where you were.
> Thanks anyway. 
> 
>> Shift + F5, provided you have not closed the document.
>>  
>> Shift + F5 takes you sequentially back through the last three edits to a
>> document.  Clicking a hyperlink will be registered as an edit.
>>  
>> Rather than clicking Hyperlinks, you may want to investigate View>Navigation
>> Pane.  It's a great alternative if your screen is big enough.
>> Alternatively, investigate Outline View, a much more powerful view that is
>> very useful for skipping around (if the document has been correctly
>> formatted). 
>>  
>> Hope this helps 
>>  
>>  
>> On 4/03/10 11:10 PM, in article 59bb3dc8.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
>> "nonexecdirector@officeformac.com"  wrote:
>>  
>>> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor:
>>> Intel 
>>> I need to find a 'reversing arrow' that I can add to the toolbar to click on
>>> after using a hyperlink.
>>> You can do this in Windows but I cannot find a similar facility when using
>>> my 
>>> macbook.  
>>> I use longish word docs that often have links to other parts of the
>>> document. 
>>> How do I get back to the point at which I activated the hyperlink, apart
>>> from 
>>> scrolling back laboriously?
>>> Thanks for any solutions.
>>  
>> This email is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum
>> matters unless you intend to pay!
>>  
>>  --  
>>  
>> John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word); Consultant Technical Writer,
>> McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia.
>> Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410; mailto:john@mcghie.name
>>  
>>  
>> 

This email is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum
matters unless you intend to pay!

 -- 

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word); Consultant Technical Writer,
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia.
Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410; mailto:john@mcghie.name


0
John
3/6/2010 9:45:41 PM
Hey John;

Shift+F5 works fine � the problem is that clicking a hyperlink doesn't
register as an edit, nor does simply placing the cursor in a certain
location. An actual edit of some sort must be done.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones 
[MVP] Office:Mac



On 3/6/10 4:45 PM, in article C7B91835.6013%john@mcghie.name, "John McGhie"
<john@mcghie.name> wrote:

> If Shift + F5 "does nothing" hop into your System Preferences and wrench it
> back from the clutches of whatever is stealing it...
> 
> Mac OS X is a little voracious on keystrokes.  Sometimes you have to get in
> and unpick it from whatever keys you want to use :-)
> 
> Shift + F5 is the same command as Windows Word runs.
> 
> You can customise your toolbar to place the command on it.  The command name
> is "GoBack".  Have a look in the Word Help under "Customize toolbars and
> menus" for details on how.
> 
> Cheers
> 
> On 7/03/10 4:27 AM, in article 59bb3dc8.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
> "nonexecdirector@officeformac.com" <nonexecdirector@officeformac.com> wrote:
> 
>> Sadly this does not work for me. Shift + F5 does nothing and the alternatives
>> do not take me back to the hyperlinked word.
>> The Windows Word has a backward arrow if you can find it in the ribbon. This
>> takes you straight back to where you were.
>> Thanks anyway. 
>> 
>>> Shift + F5, provided you have not closed the document.
>>>  
>>> Shift + F5 takes you sequentially back through the last three edits to a
>>> document.  Clicking a hyperlink will be registered as an edit.
>>>  
>>> Rather than clicking Hyperlinks, you may want to investigate View>Navigation
>>> Pane.  It's a great alternative if your screen is big enough.
>>> Alternatively, investigate Outline View, a much more powerful view that is
>>> very useful for skipping around (if the document has been correctly
>>> formatted). 
>>>  
>>> Hope this helps
>>>  
>>>  
>>> On 4/03/10 11:10 PM, in article 59bb3dc8.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
>>> "nonexecdirector@officeformac.com"  wrote:
>>>  
>>>> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor:
>>>> Intel 
>>>> I need to find a 'reversing arrow' that I can add to the toolbar to click
>>>> on
>>>> after using a hyperlink.
>>>> You can do this in Windows but I cannot find a similar facility when using
>>>> my 
>>>> macbook.  
>>>> I use longish word docs that often have links to other parts of the
>>>> document. 
>>>> How do I get back to the point at which I activated the hyperlink, apart
>>>> from 
>>>> scrolling back laboriously?
>>>> Thanks for any solutions.
>>>  
>>> This email is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum
>>> matters unless you intend to pay!
>>>  
>>>  --  
>>>  
>>> John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word); Consultant Technical Writer,
>>> McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia.
>>> Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410; mailto:john@mcghie.name
>>>  
>>>  
>>> 
> 
> This email is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum
> matters unless you intend to pay!
> 
>  -- 
> 
> John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word); Consultant Technical Writer,
> McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia.
> Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410; mailto:john@mcghie.name
> 
> 

0
CyberTaz
3/7/2010 3:39:20 AM
Oh.  Good point.

If the hyperlink is coded in the "Hyperlink" style, it SHOULD register as an
edit, because Word will switch it to "Hyperlink Followed" style.

So I wonder what's happening?

Cheers


On 7/03/10 2:39 PM, in article C7B88A18.58A27%onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net,
"Bob Jones" <onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net> wrote:

> Hey John;
> 
> Shift+F5 works fine � the problem is that clicking a hyperlink doesn't
> register as an edit, nor does simply placing the cursor in a certain
> location. An actual edit of some sort must be done.
> 
> Regards |:>)
> Bob Jones 
> [MVP] Office:Mac
> 
> 
> 
> On 3/6/10 4:45 PM, in article C7B91835.6013%john@mcghie.name, "John McGhie"
> <john@mcghie.name> wrote:
> 
>> If Shift + F5 "does nothing" hop into your System Preferences and wrench it
>> back from the clutches of whatever is stealing it...
>> 
>> Mac OS X is a little voracious on keystrokes.  Sometimes you have to get in
>> and unpick it from whatever keys you want to use :-)
>> 
>> Shift + F5 is the same command as Windows Word runs.
>> 
>> You can customise your toolbar to place the command on it.  The command name
>> is "GoBack".  Have a look in the Word Help under "Customize toolbars and
>> menus" for details on how.
>> 
>> Cheers
>> 
>> On 7/03/10 4:27 AM, in article 59bb3dc8.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
>> "nonexecdirector@officeformac.com" <nonexecdirector@officeformac.com> wrote:
>> 
>>> Sadly this does not work for me. Shift + F5 does nothing and the
>>> alternatives
>>> do not take me back to the hyperlinked word.
>>> The Windows Word has a backward arrow if you can find it in the ribbon. This
>>> takes you straight back to where you were.
>>> Thanks anyway. 
>>> 
>>>> Shift + F5, provided you have not closed the document.
>>>>  
>>>> Shift + F5 takes you sequentially back through the last three edits to a
>>>> document.  Clicking a hyperlink will be registered as an edit.
>>>>  
>>>> Rather than clicking Hyperlinks, you may want to investigate
>>>> View>Navigation
>>>> Pane.  It's a great alternative if your screen is big enough.
>>>> Alternatively, investigate Outline View, a much more powerful view that is
>>>> very useful for skipping around (if the document has been correctly
>>>> formatted). 
>>>>  
>>>> Hope this helps
>>>>  
>>>>  
>>>> On 4/03/10 11:10 PM, in article 59bb3dc8.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
>>>> "nonexecdirector@officeformac.com"  wrote:
>>>>  
>>>>> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor:
>>>>> Intel 
>>>>> I need to find a 'reversing arrow' that I can add to the toolbar to click
>>>>> on
>>>>> after using a hyperlink.
>>>>> You can do this in Windows but I cannot find a similar facility when using
>>>>> my 
>>>>> macbook.  
>>>>> I use longish word docs that often have links to other parts of the
>>>>> document. 
>>>>> How do I get back to the point at which I activated the hyperlink, apart
>>>>> from 
>>>>> scrolling back laboriously?
>>>>> Thanks for any solutions.
>>>>  
>>>> This email is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum
>>>> matters unless you intend to pay!
>>>>  
>>>>  --  
>>>>  
>>>> John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word); Consultant Technical Writer,
>>>> McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia.
>>>> Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410; mailto:john@mcghie.name
>>>>  
>>>>  
>>>> 
>> 
>> This email is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum
>> matters unless you intend to pay!
>> 
>>  -- 
>> 
>> John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word); Consultant Technical Writer,
>> McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia.
>> Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410; mailto:john@mcghie.name
>> 
>> 
> 

This email is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum
matters unless you intend to pay!

 -- 

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word); Consultant Technical Writer,
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia.
Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410; mailto:john@mcghie.name


0
John
3/7/2010 9:32:22 PM
Well, it doesn't appear to be happening that way here � once clicked the
Style remains Hyperlink even though the formatting of the link changes. I
would have expected the Style to change as well, but Followed Hyperlink
doesn't even show up as an Available Style. It also doesn't seem to matter
whether it's an internal or external hyperlink.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones 
[MVP] Office:Mac



On 3/7/10 4:32 PM, in article C7BA6696.605D%john@mcghie.name, "John McGhie"
<john@mcghie.name> wrote:

> Oh.  Good point.
> 
> If the hyperlink is coded in the "Hyperlink" style, it SHOULD register as an
> edit, because Word will switch it to "Hyperlink Followed" style.
> 
> So I wonder what's happening?
> 
> Cheers
> 
> 
> On 7/03/10 2:39 PM, in article C7B88A18.58A27%onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net,
> "Bob Jones" <onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net> wrote:
> 
>> Hey John;
>> 
>> Shift+F5 works fine � the problem is that clicking a hyperlink doesn't
>> register as an edit, nor does simply placing the cursor in a certain
>> location. An actual edit of some sort must be done.
>> 
>> Regards |:>)
>> Bob Jones 
>> [MVP] Office:Mac
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> On 3/6/10 4:45 PM, in article C7B91835.6013%john@mcghie.name, "John McGhie"
>> <john@mcghie.name> wrote:
>> 
>>> If Shift + F5 "does nothing" hop into your System Preferences and wrench it
>>> back from the clutches of whatever is stealing it...
>>> 
>>> Mac OS X is a little voracious on keystrokes.  Sometimes you have to get in
>>> and unpick it from whatever keys you want to use :-)
>>> 
>>> Shift + F5 is the same command as Windows Word runs.
>>> 
>>> You can customise your toolbar to place the command on it.  The command name
>>> is "GoBack".  Have a look in the Word Help under "Customize toolbars and
>>> menus" for details on how.
>>> 
>>> Cheers
>>> 
>>> On 7/03/10 4:27 AM, in article 59bb3dc8.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
>>> "nonexecdirector@officeformac.com" <nonexecdirector@officeformac.com> wrote:
>>> 
>>>> Sadly this does not work for me. Shift + F5 does nothing and the
>>>> alternatives
>>>> do not take me back to the hyperlinked word.
>>>> The Windows Word has a backward arrow if you can find it in the ribbon.
>>>> This
>>>> takes you straight back to where you were.
>>>> Thanks anyway.
>>>> 
>>>>> Shift + F5, provided you have not closed the document.
>>>>>  
>>>>> Shift + F5 takes you sequentially back through the last three edits to a
>>>>> document.  Clicking a hyperlink will be registered as an edit.
>>>>>  
>>>>> Rather than clicking Hyperlinks, you may want to investigate
>>>>> View>Navigation
>>>>> Pane.  It's a great alternative if your screen is big enough.
>>>>> Alternatively, investigate Outline View, a much more powerful view that is
>>>>> very useful for skipping around (if the document has been correctly
>>>>> formatted). 
>>>>>  
>>>>> Hope this helps
>>>>>  
>>>>>  
>>>>> On 4/03/10 11:10 PM, in article 59bb3dc8.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
>>>>> "nonexecdirector@officeformac.com"  wrote:
>>>>>  
>>>>>> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor:
>>>>>> Intel 
>>>>>> I need to find a 'reversing arrow' that I can add to the toolbar to click
>>>>>> on
>>>>>> after using a hyperlink.
>>>>>> You can do this in Windows but I cannot find a similar facility when
>>>>>> using
>>>>>> my 
>>>>>> macbook.  
>>>>>> I use longish word docs that often have links to other parts of the
>>>>>> document. 
>>>>>> How do I get back to the point at which I activated the hyperlink, apart
>>>>>> from 
>>>>>> scrolling back laboriously?
>>>>>> Thanks for any solutions.
>>>>>  
>>>>> This email is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum
>>>>> matters unless you intend to pay!
>>>>>  
>>>>>  --  
>>>>>  
>>>>> John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word); Consultant Technical Writer,
>>>>> McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia.
>>>>> Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410; mailto:john@mcghie.name
>>>>>  
>>>>>  
>>>>> 
>>> 
>>> This email is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum
>>> matters unless you intend to pay!
>>> 
>>>  -- 
>>> 
>>> John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word); Consultant Technical Writer,
>>> McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia.
>>> Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410; mailto:john@mcghie.name
>>> 
>>> 
>> 
> 
> This email is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum
> matters unless you intend to pay!
> 
>  -- 
> 
> John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word); Consultant Technical Writer,
> McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia.
> Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410; mailto:john@mcghie.name
> 
> 

0
CyberTaz
3/7/2010 10:03:52 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Insert a hyperlink to section of Word doc in an outlook message
We run Outlook 2003 and Word 2000 on Windows XP. I'm wondering if it's possible to have a hyperlink in an email message that links to a particular section of a Word document. We have an office manual and when alterations get made, I email all staff and advise that Chapter XX of the manual has been amended and I've just been cutting and pasting that chapter of the manual to the notification email. I've worked out how to create a link to the manual, but not to link specifically to a particular chapter. I work for lazy people who will complain if they have to get to Chapter XX ...

Dual boot in reverse
Hello, I have dual boot system: driveC --> WinXP driveD --->Vista Now, I do not need WinXP anymore. I want to have only Vista and combine C & D into one, single partition. How to do that without reinstalling Vista? Your thoughts appreciated, Claire On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 15:00:12 -0500, "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote: >Hello, > I have dual boot system: >driveC --> WinXP >driveD --->Vista >Now, I do not need WinXP anymore. >I want to have only Vista and combine C & D into one, single partition. &...

Edit mulitple hyperlinks
I have about 100 cells that have hyperlinks to another sheet in the workbook. If I change the name of the destination worksheet, the hyperlinks no longer work. Is there a way to change the hyperlinks en masse to the name of the renamed worksheet before I change the name of said worksheet? Take a look at David McRitchie's site: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm look for: Fix Hyperlinks (#FixHyperlinks) If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm ==== Another alternative i...

REVERSING TEXT
HOW CAN I REVERSE TEXT AND PICTURES ON PUBLISHER TO PRINT ONTO T.SHIRTS spike <spike@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > HOW CAN I REVERSE TEXT AND PICTURES ON PUBLISHER TO PRINT ONTO > T.SHIRTS YES. PLEASE READ REPLY TO YOUR FIRST POST. Please do not talk in all caps. It is considered shouting and makes your post difficult to read and is rude. Your first message ("how do i reversie pictures and text for printing to t.shirts") is directly below this one and has been answered by yours truly. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Removing Hyperlinks #3
I cut and pasted some information off of the internet onto a spreadsheet. How can I remove all of the hyperlinks contained in the spreadsheet quickly? I know how to do it individually, but there has to be a way to speed it up. I use the macro found in http://sniptools.com/tipstricks/deleting-all-hyperlinks-from-a-microsoft-office-document "Sloth" wrote: > I cut and pasted some information off of the internet onto a spreadsheet. > How can I remove all of the hyperlinks contained in the spreadsheet quickly? > I know how to do it individually, but there has to be a w...

Formulas reversed
Using Office 2007 and windows XP. The back slash has become "multiply" and the star has become "divide". In other words, these two symbols are reversed. Have no idea how this happened. How can it be reversed back to normal? thanks. Please give an example of formula, values of input cells and result of formula -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "RENEE" <RENEE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C56D666E-70CD-4E8F-97F9-1FAD9CE92024@microsoft.com... > Using Office 2007 and windows XP. The back slas...

Hyperlinks not working in XP/IE for OUTLOOK
When I click on a hyperlink in a HTML format email it does not open IE and take me to the link. are you using a pop up stopper program? disable it. "Dan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08cf01c3d597$9fee2bf0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When I click on a hyperlink in a HTML format email it > does > not open IE and take me to the link. >-----Original Message----- >When I click on a hyperlink in a HTML format email it >does >not open IE and take me to the link. >. >Hold down the shift key and click the hyperlink , then ...

Relative vs Absolute hyperlinks
Hello I'm having trouble grasping how I can make a relative or an absolute hyperlink to an external file. When I browse to the file in the hyperlink men, which is on the file server in the domain network, I get the full path. But sometimes the path starts with \\..\..\ instead, and here the links are now for the first part relative, and don't work on ohter PC's. I checked the properties of the document, and the hyperlink base field is empty. If I add something here, some relative links get corrected, some don't, but when I delete the entry in the hyperlink base field again, ...

Reverse engineering
I have to document an Access 97 that has grown like wild blackberries. The database's creator has left us no documentation at all and I would like Visio to extract as much information as possible. So far I have extracted a good UML of the tables. Currently I am doing screen dumps of the forms to show what the screens look like - then pasting them into Visio. What else can I do? Can I extract the queries, forms, reports, macros and modules also - and save and print these out from Visio? Please advise. As I remember there was a "database documenter" with Access. I don...

Reverse arrow for hyperlinks
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I need to find a 'reversing arrow' that I can add to the toolbar to click on after using a hyperlink. <br> You can do this in Windows but I cannot find a similar facility when using my macbook. <br> I use longish word docs that often have links to other parts of the document. How do I get back to the point at which I activated the hyperlink, apart from scrolling back laboriously? <br> Thanks for any solutions. Shift + F5, provided you have not closed the document. Shift + F5 tak...

Deactivate ALL hyperlinks-VBS?
I have a workbook in Excel 2K with 1000s of cut/pasted hyperlinks. want to deactivate them all to reduce the file size. FAQs says to use a VBS Macro but I dont have a clue how to write suc code and have tried to open the macro and fiddle w/it...I managed t LOCK my file...but have resaved it and can edit it now, so Any suggestions how to write/execute a macro to turn all hyperlink off...? Fande -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com copy paste this to a module in your workbook>then alt f8>this workbook>double click. Sub HyperlinksOut() ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Delete En...

Possible to reverse a row of entries?
Is there a command or format command that will let me take a row of entries and reverse them? In other words if I have rows #1 through #10 top to bottom, I now want them to go #10 to #1 top to bottom. thanks Rick Hi in B1 enter =OFFET($A$10,-(ROW()-1),0) and copy down for ten rows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany rs wrote: > Is there a command or format command that will let me take a row of > entries and reverse them? In other words if I have rows #1 through > #10 top to bottom, I now want them to go #10 to #1 top to bottom. > > thanks > > Rick Ric...

Can I reverse the order of data in a set of cells?
I have a column of cells filed with data. I know I can transpose the data 90 degrees, but is there a way to cut or copy the data in the cells and paste it so the values are in the opposite order, i.e. a 180 degree difference? Thanks to anyone who can help. I am using Excel 2003. One way, insert a new column or use an existing, number it from 1 - n (where n is the last index value you want to reverse the order of, so if your column is 100 rows number the help column 1, 2, 3 - 100) select both columns and sort descending on the help column -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "salwitt"...

Using Document Hyperlinks in Email Publications
I thought I had read somewhere that you could use hyperlinks to documents in your email publications (where the documents are not saved on a web server). I was under the impression that the documents sort of "upload" and give the reader the option to "open" or "save" them. Is there a trick to doing this, if it is possible at all? Thanks You could "attach" the document to your email. In the body of the email give a statement, i.e., See attached file. Before sending the email, click on the Attach icon on the tool bar at the top which will give y...

Why do I get letters inserted when I use up arrow
When I arrow thru a document - a "c" or a "d" is inserted in my text creating a spelling error. I don't know why this happens..I am not touching those keys..just the arrows ...

Reversal encryption
Hello, I need a good algorithm for encrypting some vital information about my app in an INI file. I have a class for MD5, but it's not reversible. I'd like to use a private or public key to decrypt the text. By the way, what's the difference between private and public key when we talk about encryption? Sugestions, please? I have googled about the public key encryption and found that CryptoAPI is used frequently. Is this API part of the Windows? If not, what I need to use it? "Jeova Almeida" <jeovaalmeida@yahoo.com> escreveu na mensagem news:e1uwDhuTJHA...

Reverse List?
Greetings! What's happening with the reverse list as of late? It seems like it's not updating anymore since the contacts that I add are never displayed. I have tested this by using my primary account to add my secondary account and then accepting the invitation on the secondary account, my secondary account (target) could see my primary account (source) in the list, but my primary account could not see my secondary account, and both had each other in their contact lists. Thanks in advance; -- jps Greetings jps, I have no real fix for you, but I can confirm...

Block Hyperlinks
Hi! Is it possible in Exchanage 2007 Antispam Filters or Forefront security for Exchange to block e-mails containing Hyperlinks in the body and forward them to the spam administrator account? Thanks! ...

Customer EFT Reversal
In GP 10, we're getting ready to start using Electronic Funds Transfer in our Receivables area, i.e, we're going to take our customers' payments directly from their bank accounts. If there's a problem where we take a customer's money in error, how do we put it back into their back account using EFT? Thanks! Mary Fetsch ...

How do I reverse this?
Somehow I've managed to turn off the automatic capitalisation at the start of a new sentence only. It was working fine until I accidentally clicked something with my mouse and now the feature has gone!! This is really annoying. I've done the Tools-Options-Spelling thing, though, and everything seems to be the same as it was before!! Any ideas??? Thanks, Pip "Pip" <Pip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A807C07E-502F-4D82-ACD8-FAFE2917EB3D@microsoft.com... > Somehow I've managed to turn off the automatic capitalisation at the > start ...

How do I turn off the underline feature on a hyperlink?
I create a hyperlink and it automatically underlines it. I can't seem to get it off. Anyone know how to remove without having to use the navigation bar (which I don't like the spacing on? Thanks. Which version of Publisher are you using??? From David Bartosik's FAQ page on the PublisherMVPS website: http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=30 "Publisher does not support that. However it only takes a small snippet of CSS code to accomplish this on the web page. You can drop an HTML code fragment anywhere on the page and in the fragment dialog paste the follow...

hyperlinks not working
The hyperlinks in my outlook messages are no longer working. They were using Netscape 4.7 as the browser although I have tried to get it to use IE. I have removed Netscape 4.7 and now they don't work at all. I have since installed Netscape 7.1 and they still don't work. I really just want the links to use IE as the browser. ...

Reverse of export to database
Ave, I would like to generate a Visio drawing starting from an Access database which contains the results of an 'export to database' of an existing drawing. I found import possibilities from Excel, csv, txt files, but not from databases. I'm using Visio 2002 Professional. Greetings, Are you trying to import the data from the database tables or the database schema? If it is the database schema, run the Database modeling template (File \ New \ Database \ Database model diagram) If you want to get the data, try the "Link to Database" dialog (Tools \ Macros \ Visio Extras...

My printer is printing in reverse. How do i turn it off?
I have tried - properties, advanced, mirror image off. It works once and then goes back to mirror image. How do I turn it off permenantly? Please Change the printer Properties from Start | Settings | Printers and Faxes. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "lindylou2" <lindylou2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B714C97-D395-49DC-87BC-67184A8A4736@microsoft.com... >I have tried - properties, advanced, mirror image off. It works once and > then goes back to mirror image...

Hyperlinks #10
Has anyone experienced a scrambled hyperlink column. The display name reads correctly, but the hyperlink appears to have been sorted (the entire column list re-sorted itself). ...