Restart Outline Numbering

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I have created an outline that has multiple levels.  In the outline numbering dialog box I have checked the box for &quot;restart numbering after&quot; for each of the levels 2, 3, and 4, and saved this in the template. <br><br>For level 2, the outline numbering does not start after level 1.  However, for all subsequent levels, the outline numbering does start correctly.  The box is correctly checked when I go in to review the settings for my outline numbering.  I have tried to uncheck and save and then recheck the &quot;restart&quot; button.  I have tried to completely start a new outline.  But I always have the same problem.  What am I doing wrong?
0
Greg

Hi Greg:

Because your Level 2 paragraphs are not members of the same list.

The setting you want is "Continue Previous List".  That welds all levels
into the SAME list.

Now go into Customise and check "Restart after "Level 1" in there.

Cheers

On 8/05/10 6:06 AM, in article 59bb8230.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Greg@officeformac.com" <Greg@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I have created an outline that has multiple levels.  In the outline numbering
> dialog box I have checked the box for "restart numbering after" for each of
> the levels 2, 3, and 4, and saved this in the template.
>
> For level 2, the outline numbering does not start after level 1.  However, for
> all subsequent levels, the outline numbering does start correctly.  The box is
> correctly checked when I go in to review the settings for my outline
> numbering.  I have tried to uncheck and save and then recheck the "restart"
> button.  I have tried to completely start a new outline.  But I always have
> the same problem.  What am I doing wrong?

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John
5/9/2010 1:16:54 AM
> Because your Level 2 paragraphs are not members of the same list. <br>
> The setting you want is &quot;Continue Previous List&quot;.  That welds all levels <br>
> into the SAME list. <br>
> Now go into Customise and check &quot;Restart after &quot;Level 1&quot; in there. <br>
> Cheers <br>
> On 8/05/10 6:06 AM, in article 59bb8230.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, <br>
> &quot;Greg@officeformac.com&quot;  wrote: <br>
> > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel <br>
> > I have created an outline that has multiple levels.  In the outline numbering <br>
> > dialog box I have checked the box for &quot;restart numbering after&quot; for each of <br>
> > the levels 2, 3, and 4, and saved this in the template. <br>
> > For level 2, the outline numbering does not start after level 1.  However, for <br>
> > all subsequent levels, the outline numbering does start correctly.  The box is <br>
> > correctly checked when I go in to review the settings for my outline <br>
> > numbering.  I have tried to uncheck and save and then recheck the &quot;restart&quot; <br>
> > button.  I have tried to completely start a new outline.  But I always have <br>
> > the same problem.  What am I doing wrong? <br>
>  -- <br>
> The email below is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum <br>
> matters unless I ask you to; or unless you intend to pay! <br>
> John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word), Consultant Technical Writer, <br>
> McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd <br>
> Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410 | mailto:john@mcghie.name <br>

0
Greg
5/10/2010 1:00:41 AM
OK, it's corrupt: Maggie it :-)

The Maggie:

1. Create a new blank document
2. Carefully select all of the text in the bad document EXCEPT the last
paragraph mark
3. Copy it.
4. Paste in the new document.
5. Save under a new file name and close all, then re-open.

This technique for de-corrupting is known as "Doing a 'Maggie'", after
Margaret Secara from the TECHWR-L mailing list, who first publicised the
technique.

Hope this helps

On 10/05/10 11:00 AM, in article 59bb8230.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Greg@officeformac.com" <Greg@officeformac.com> wrote:

> That still doesn't work.  When I went to set "continue previous list" it was
> already set.  So I tried changing it and then saving, and then saving the
> template, then closing the program, the setting still is "continue previous
> list" and the "restart after Level 1" is still checked, but Level 2 won't
> restart after Level1.  I then tried creating a brand new document, it still
> doesn't work.
>
>> Hi Greg:
>>
>> Because your Level 2 paragraphs are not members of the same list.
>>
>> The setting you want is "Continue Previous List".  That welds all levels
>> into the SAME list.
>>
>> Now go into Customise and check "Restart after "Level 1" in there.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> On 8/05/10 6:06 AM, in article 59bb8230.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
>> "Greg@officeformac.com"  wrote:
>>
>>> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor:
>>> Intel
>>> I have created an outline that has multiple levels.  In the outline
>>> numbering
>>> dialog box I have checked the box for "restart numbering after" for each of
>>> the levels 2, 3, and 4, and saved this in the template.
>>>
>>> For level 2, the outline numbering does not start after level 1.  However,
>>> for
>>> all subsequent levels, the outline numbering does start correctly.  The box
>>> is
>>> correctly checked when I go in to review the settings for my outline
>>> numbering.  I have tried to uncheck and save and then recheck the "restart"
>>> button.  I have tried to completely start a new outline.  But I always have
>>> the same problem.  What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>  --
>>
>> The email below is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum
>> matters unless I ask you to; or unless you intend to pay!
>>
>> John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word), Consultant Technical Writer,
>> McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
>> Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410 | mailto:john@mcghie.name

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

-1
John

incredimail needs Outlook to restart..and restart...and restart....
I am using the Outlook 2002, and Incredimail add-on. But now when I open Outlook, I get a window saying "Before Incredimail for Office-Outlook add-on can be used, Outlook must be restarted. Would You like to restart Outlook now?" And when I say Yes to this, the same thing happens, everytime. If I say No, Outlook starts, but the icons concerning Incredimail, is not there anymore, so I cannot use/choose anything from Incredimail. However, the standard "butler" comes up and announces, when emails arrive. I have tried totally to remove Incredimail from my computer, vi...

text to numbers
Suppose i have numbers in a column with datatype as text. But when i change it to number it does not change until i press F2 in that cell. Any help Copy ANY blank cell. Select your *bad* cells. Hit Edit-Paste special, Add. ________________________ **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat www.VBAExpress.com/forum ************************ "student" <agarwalp@eeism.com> wrote in message news:usRlvPVcEHA.2504@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Suppose i have numbers in a column with datatype as text. But when i change > it to number it does not change until i press F2 in that cell...

Copy/Paste cells containing only numbers with .50 in it
I have been trying to come up with a formula that will read each cell in a column and copy & paste only the cells that contain numbers with .50. I can seem to properly configure the formula to read any whole number as long as it contains .50 in it. I want these vnumbers pasted into a seperate column. =IF(D21="*"+"0.50"),(D21),("") Thank you very much for your assistance. =3DIF(D21-INT(D21)=3D0.5,D21,"") If you truly want the numbers copied and pasted you would have to use = VBA. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 2 Jun ...

continuous restarting
Hello group, Windows XP machine keeps restarting/rebooting itself. Occasionally it will perform disk check and then proceed to user login screen. At this point any attempt to login begets another restart. Usually the disk check runs ok but occassionally it will mention something close to: " The size of the \documents & settings\Dee\ntuser.dat.Log entry is not valid." Help. I don't know how to proceed. Thanks. -- "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions" - Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson) in Pulp Fiction ...

OL2003 Crashes and Restarts
A recent problem... any attempt to click on an interface item to read a mail message for example will crash OL2003 which will restart without problem. A dialog pops up to notify Microsoft and it includes a 'restart' checkbox which I've left selected and OL2003 does restart but I'm getting worried about my data. This is more than annoying especially that I see I have to uninstall Office completely to uninstall OL2003 just to try to reinstall OL2003. Is this my only option or might this be an issue that has some other way to be resolved? I've also allowed Windows Upda...

Max number in a given range
In col E I have numbers from row 1 to row 22 How do I find out the MAX(the highest) number between row 1 and 10 or row 12 and 22 Thanks Forgive me, but have you looked in the help index for MAX -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1105F6F4-D0A5-4B05-B870-EB30202B5968@microsoft.com... > In col E I have numbers from row 1 to row 22 > How do I find out the MAX(the highest) number between row 1 and 10 or row > 12 > and 22 > Thanks > MAX(the highest) num...

Auto Number Turn Off
I have a mdb database that I open with access.. I can edit everything but the auto number part. I would like to be able to shut off that feature then I think I will be able to edit the Numbers. Could someone tell me how to shut off the auto numbering please? Then I need to able to resave it as a mdb file. Thanks so much.. Why would you want to edit the autonumber values? If you absolutely must, then you have to go into the table and change the field type from Autonumber to Number (Long Integer). Be aware, though, that once you do that, you'll no longer have an autonumber field in ...

week numbers
Hi I am trying to insert the week numbers i would like the week to start on a Saturday and end on the Friday i have tried this formula =TRUNC(((StartDate-DATE(YEAR(StartDate),1,1)+ MOD(DayOfWeek-WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(StartDate),1,1)),7))+6)/7) where StartDate is the whose week number is to be found, and DayOfWeek is the day of week number (1 = Sunday, 2 = Monday, ..., 7 = Saturday). my formula :- =TRUNC(((B21-DATE(YEAR(B21),1,1)+MOD(7-WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(B21),1,1)),7))+6)/7) on chip pearsons web site what i am finding when i get to Friday of the first week and the week number changes to 2, later ...

add black outline to colored text?
How can I add a thin black outline to colored text? Not a word art. How much text? Create your text, select all, format, font, select outline,copy the text box, line up the two boxes exactly, in the second text box, format, clear outline, color the text, send this text box to the back. Won't be perfect, but it isn't WordArt. (Might look better if you bold the font). -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kay" <Kay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:712D850F-D9CF-4A9A-AF2A-3ADDEE05EB9...

Rounding numbers in sales receipts.
Hi there, I'm trying to modify a sales receipt so it translate a discount in $ to a discount in %, but I get numbers like this (-3.33333333333%). I need it to looks like currency but without the $ sign like this (-3.33%). Does anyone knows how to do it? Thanks, Julien ------=_NextPart_0001_207C0F12 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good morning Julien, Thank you for posting your discount question. I am not sure what you are trying to calculate; but I would recommend that you take a look at the available receipt variables: Transaction.DiscountPercent...

Number Comparison
I am trying to write a macro that compares two columns of numbers on a spreadsheet and colors the cells of all the numbers that match. After the macro is run I would like to be able to see all numbers that are different in each column. Can anyone figure out how or if EXCEL can perform this function? Why use a macro. I would just use conditional formating. This will do the highlighting for you. Conditional format-->=if(A1=B1,True,False) Do the same thing in both columns. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to write a macro that compares two columns of >numbers on...

Formatting numbers in thousands
Is it possible to format numbers in thousands? For example, I'd want to be able to format 5,123.00 as 5.1 I've been using a formula to divide by 1000, but is there a formatting string that will accomplish the same thing? Thanks, John -- If you forget about your dreams you die. Live for them, & they will live for you. IF you're wondering who the hell wrote this message, or want to know more :) see my profiles at JohnReimer@gay.com and JohnReimer@aol.com John You can use custom formatting. Example number in cell: 1234567 With #.0, you get 1234.6 (thousands) with #...

Numbered outline doesn't save

Restart server user right
Just wanted to make sure that if I need one of the users to be able to restart the server adding the user to Server Operators would give that user the minimum required. Thanks yaro Yes Yaro, that would acomplish the task. OTOH, I usualy set the policy on the server "Allow shutdown without having to log on". Since servers are usually in a locked room or in a rack, I can usually ask some helpful person in remote location to walk to the console and reboot the server. (For the security watchers in this newsgroup, I never had a security issue with this setting). Of cour...

Office 2007 Update
I am running Windows 7 and after installing the latest updates for Office 2007 (Update KB977724and Security Update KB978380) and on restarting I keep getting the message "Your must restart your computer to continue the update process." I've restarted at least a half dozen times and keep getting the same message. I actually have Office 2003 installed but the 2007 updates don't bother my other two machines which are running XP. Joseph wrote: > I am running Windows 7 and after installing the latest updates for > Office 2007 (Update KB977724and Security Update ...

why does excel convert the number to 0 after 15 numbers?
if I type 123456789012345679 it convert it to 123456789012345000. Anyone know how to stop excel from doing this? I image you are entering things like social security or credit card "numbers" on which no math will ever be done. Two tricks to avoid your problem 1) type a single quote (apostrophe) before entering the number - it will not show on spreadsheet or on hardcopy OR 2) Before entering the number, format the cells to be used as Text Reason: like most computer apps, Excel uses the IEEE convention for storing numbers and this limits numbers to 15 sig figs (still big enough ...

complex number in excel 2003 sp3
I run Excel 2003 sp3,Italian language settings, in the Windows XP sp3 operating system. I have created an Excel sheet including equations with complex numbers. I have verified that if I use the comma as decimal separator and the point as thousands separator, Italian number setting, this sheet runs well. While if I use the point as decimal separator and the comma as thousand separator, USA number setting, the sheet doesn' t work. It is strange because all the other sheets without complex number equations work well in both the situation. The problem is that I need to change between th...

count number of rows in 2 worksheets
HI, Anyone can help? I need a macro code to count number of used rows in two seperate worksheets and compare. If the number do not match error message shall appear "Sheet1 has (blank) number and Sheet2 has (blank) number". (blank) being the number of used rows per sheet. Can this be done? thanks! You have some answers in your first posting of this question. However, I'd like to tell you that your question is not defined very well. You have to tell us what you mean by "used rows". For example, if there are blank rows inside your data, are they to be coun...

Not able to shutdown/restart IE 8 using restart manager
I am handling an activeX control which needs to be reinstalled even when it is being used by IE. I am using Restart Manager to achieve this on windows 7. What I observed is that IE simply reloads the tab that uses my activeX control when I call RmShutdown(), so I am not able to re-install the control. And RmRestart() simply returns without any error. Please help me how I can re-install the activeX control by temporarily shutting down apps which are using it and restarting them once the installation is done. Thanks. Hi Varaha, Application Mutex "varaha" <vara...

How to restart my application?
Which is the most efficient way to restart my dialog box application, I mean to close the application and to start it again immediately after that. Is there a reason why efficiency is important for this case? I can't offer what I know to be the most efficient method but having your application create a named global object when running and then polling for that object not existing would permit you to just re-launch it when closing it. In these circumstances the newly launched version would not complete initialising until the old one had as good as completed terminating. I commonly ...

Serial Number Problem
Hi Everyone, we run Dynamics on our server anyway we had HUGE problems and lost a lot of work.....anyway after fixing lots up i still have one MAJOR problem. Serial numbers for items in the system do exist if you look up inventory ~ Serials. There is a list of serial numbers in stock ready to use. But when we go to do an invoice there are no serial numbers, it asks you if you want to overide the quantities... Our problem was we lost our inventory file therefore we had to put an old file back on...although these serial numbers are there we can not use them which also means i cant put t...

GP8 - Receivables
Hello. I would like to generate a list of RM checks received, and the corresponding invoices they were applied to (in Receivables Mgmnt). I cannot seem to get both pieces of info from Smartlists. Can anyone help? Which fields do I need in Smartlist, or what SQL Tables do I need to join? Thank you, Maria. ...

[O2007] -> How to search for a string in the body and get the line number?
Hi, I'm trying to get a reply to a mail message and look for a specific substring. Then I need to know the position of the line. For example: search "Sincerely yours," get the line number insert 3 lines BEFORE the "Sincerly Yours" I can't find a way. I know how to use Replace to change subtrings, but I can't get a way to just locate one and get the line number. How can I do this? Then, how can I insert text at that linePosition-3? Thanks for any help. Sincerely, Steve JORDI (Remove the K_I_L_LSPAM from my email address) ------...

numbers format
I formatted a group of cells, using currency,2 decimal places, the $ sign. When I clicked okay only one cell formatted; the rest have ##### in each cell. Can anyone tell me what to do to correct it? Hi MaryJo, Your column is not wide enough. 1) Select column and use Format|Column and set a width, OR 2) Use the mouse to grab the column border (for example between B and C) and drag to make column wider, OR 3) Double click on column border to get automatic fit to size for column Best wishes Bernard "Mary Jo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58ff01...

Outlook and fax number
How do I configure Microsoft Fax to properly read my Outlook fax number when dialing a long distance number? The fax number is properly entered in Outlook (it shows as area code and number). But when I select the fax number in the MS fax app, it does not dial properly. I dails but is unable to connect. The only way I can get the fax to dial properly is to manually enter the area code and number and select use dialing rules. Does anyone have an idea how I can get MS fax to use Outlook fax numbers that dial out of the local area code? Do you really mean Microsoft Fax? Assuming you do no...