Open Style Window shortcut?

Does one exist or can one be defined?

I've tried to find one both through Help and the MS Word website but no
luck so far. And I tried to define one in Word but no luck.

I know I can use Cmd+shift+s to go to the little style window in the
formatting toolbar and input a new style but I'd like to open the same
window as Format>Style.

Thanks for any tips.

--
Norm
0

Hello Norm,

On 2010.01.22 8:25 AM, in article
Vfmdna_294PHf8XWnZ2dnUVZ_rSdnZ2d@speakeasy.net, "Norm"
<NOSPAM@gmail.invalid> wrote:

> Does one exist or can one be defined?
>
> I've tried to find one both through Help and the MS Word website but no
> luck so far. And I tried to define one in Word but no luck.
>
> I know I can use Cmd+shift+s to go to the little style window in the
> formatting toolbar and input a new style but I'd like to open the same
> window as Format>Style.

I was able to do this by using the Tools - Customize Keyboard
function, selecting the Format category and FormatStyle
command,  typing my keyboard shortcut into the "Press new
keyboard shortcut" box, clicking Assign and then OK.

A common mistake is to forget to press Assign - perhaps you
had forgotten that... ?

It works for me. Whenever I hit Command+Shift+S (my keyboard
shortcut), for instance, I get the Style menu. Word 2008 12.2.3
on Snow Leopard 10.6.2.

Jeff Chapman

0
Jeff
1/21/2010 11:56:24 PM
In article <C77F18B8.CD0E%japchap@hotmail.com>,
 Jeff Chapman <japchap@hotmail.com> wrote:

> It works for me. Whenever I hit Command+Shift+S (my keyboard
> shortcut), for instance, I get the Style menu.

That is what I have done. Actually I believe it was already there as a
default keyboard shortcut. But I'll try erasing and create it again.

However, what do you mean by ".....I get the Style menu"?

My desire is to get the full Style window that opens when one selects
Style in the Format Menu.

Thanks

--
Norm
0

On 2010.01.22 10:24, in article
xuGdnVoSMOPfY8XWnZ2dnUVZ_qudnZ2d@speakeasy.net, "Norm"
<NOSPAM@gmail.invalid> wrote:

> However, what do you mean by ".....I get the Style menu"?
>
> My desire is to get the full Style window that opens when one selects
> Style in the Format Menu.

Yes, the Format - FormatStyle command that you can
assign in the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog will
give you the full Style dialog menu, with Styles
on the left side, a paragraph and character preview,
a list of properties for the style, and so on.
It's the same one as Format - Style in the menu bar
for Word.

Be sure that you the keyboard shortcut
that you want to assign hasn't already been assigned
to another application. Check the Mac OS X System
Preferences - Keyboard and Mouse - Keyboard Shortcuts
for details.

Jeff

0
Jeff
1/22/2010 1:55:10 AM
In article <C77F348E.24A0%japchap@hotmail.com>,
 Jeff Chapman <japchap@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Be sure that you the keyboard shortcut
> that you want to assign hasn't already been assigned
> to another application. Check the Mac OS X System
> Preferences - Keyboard and Mouse - Keyboard Shortcuts
> for details.

Thank you.

When I invoke the one you use, it takes me to the style window in the
formatting palette. I suspect that was overriding mine when I tried to
use that combination.

So I selected another key combination and it worked. Perfect.

Appreciate.

--
Norm
0

Sibling Window KillFocus Issue (MFC)
I have a Dialog based MFC application that emulates a windows based browser with my own widgets and etc. Above the main window I have 4 children windows that are the primary focus of the project. The child windows in question have the capacity of minimizing and maximizing. Each of the 4 child windows act as siblings. Now the problem: I would like a maximized child window to automatically minimize when another child window is focused. I assumed OnKillFocus would accommodate this but it doesn't. More over, I do not have access to OnActivate, as they are children and only produce an O...

Can a custom checkbox be added to a Scroll Window?
Hello all, I've added a custom checkbox field to GP. I have created the field in a separate table with a one to one relationship per the suggestions of various documents. My problem is now this, I cannot get the checkbox to work in a Scroll Window. I have the checkbox related to the PO Line table and can get it (the checkbox) to work on the PO Line Detail screen, but I really would like it to work on the PO Entry screen with the Scroll Window that contains all the PO Lines. I have added the checkbox onto the Scroll Window but it doesn't seem to work or be possible to fill t...

Publisher 2000

Format Painter keyboard shortcut?
Hello, Does anybody know the keyboard shortcut for Format Painter? Thanks, Dave Hi Dave: Keyboard shortcut for Format Painter doesn't exist. Nevertheless, this falls under the Copy and Paste Special options. So if you need to do the same options via keyboard - Ctrl+C; Alt+E, S, T + Enter to copy the formats alone. Create a macro for the same and assign a shortcut key for the same if you are frequent user of format painter and need to access via keyboard. Hope this helps. -------------------- >From: "Dave Koressel" <davek7@pacbell.net> >Subject: Format ...

Process stealing window focus
Is there a way to prevent a process from stealing window focus? I want my process to run completely silent, no UI interuptions at all, so this includes when it steals the focus from my top window. Not sure exactly what you mean by this? Is the top window in the same application or a different application. Does the "process" do any UI at all? When does it interrupt your main window? Tom "Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9430ED69-207F-4266-9467-003F11BC11B7@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to prevent a process from stealing wi...

opening links in outlook

Shortcut for Particular Note??
Using Outlook 2003 (all of Microsoft Office 2003 Pro), with Windows XP Pro SP2. On the left side of the Outlook window there is a bar ("Navigation Pane"?), with icons for all the Outlook sub-apps (Mail Calendar, Notes, Contacts, etc.). You can switch between these apps by a single click on an icon. I believe there is also a keyboard shortcut associated with each of these apps, so one can switch between them with the keyboard shortcut rather than a mouse click, if desired. Above those shortcuts are associated folders. One icon is called "Shortcuts", but nothing happe...

I don't show on windows friends list
I have a friend who says he can not see me online, when I have mine set to online, he can not see me, though he can see others. I am not in his blocked list? He has reinstalled it, with no luck. I can see him when he is online. appreciate any help on the situation, Bruce Is he using the same ID that you are using? I have had that experience where I used a different ID on WLM than elsewhere. -- rext "brucefl" wrote: > I have a friend who says he can not see me online, when I have mine set to > online, he can not see me, though he can see others. I am n...

Problem trying to open old money file

Windows Vista and RMS 2.0
Has anyone upgraded to Vista using RMS 2.0? Any pros/cons on duing this. I'm running it on my laptop without issues. But this is just for demos and research. Have not intalled it in production yet "Bill Fry" <BillFry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1D4E574-5383-45D8-8E44-F7BEAFDC0424@microsoft.com... > Has anyone upgraded to Vista using RMS 2.0? Any pros/cons on duing this. The Lack of non existant thermal printer drivers, for 1 "Bill Fry" <BillFry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1D4E574-5383-45D8-8E44-F...

Styles
I am trying to set up a legal document using multi-level numbering (article, section, etc.). The numbering needs to be attached to Heading, 1, Heading 2, etc. to create a TOC. However, the second level (i.e. section) needs to appear on the same line as the following text. If I use hidden text to hide the paragraph marker between Section and text, I lose my numbering. Not having much luck with the style separator either. Any help would be appreciated. -- B Which version of Word? If you are using W2007 or W2003, the numbering should stay whether you use the the style sepa...

Windows goes to the background
Hi Everyone, I am having a wiered problem. I have a Dialog based application that has a Modeless Child dialog. The child dialog is mostly hidden. I show the child dialog when I am syncing with the server to show progress message, and at the same time I disable the Main dialog with EnableWindow(FALSE), to simulate a modal dialog. Anyway when everything is done and I hide the Child dialog and call EnableWindow(TRUE) on the main dialog. When I do this the main dialog jumps behind all the other applications on the screen. This happens because of EnableWindow(FALSE), if I remove that line eve...

Email with tiny attachments open slow

why is outlook closing when I try to maximise window?
Just started using Microsoft outlook 2000 for emails. Was using web based programmes before. Outlook express wouldn't recognise internet connection, so went to MS Outlook. After a lot of adjustments, finally got it to send and recieve however when it opens, it is in a minimized window. Every time I click the maximize button or try to expand the borders by clicking and dragging, it closes and gives me a message that outlook needs to close. Why is it doing that and how can I get it to open in a maximized window. ...

In place CRM and Windows upgrade
I have a customer that has CRM 3.0 installed on a Windows 2000 and SQL 2000 Server. The customer wishes to upgrade to CRM 4.0 and Windows 2008, and remain on the same physical server. What is the best approach for this? Here what I am thinking: 1. Backup CRM databases 2. Format and Upgrade Windows 2000 to Windows 2003 3. Install SQL 2005 4. Install CRM 3.0 from Existing Database Option 5. Upgrade to CRM 4.0 6. Backup CRM 4.0 databases 7. Upgrade to Windows 2008 Is there any other critical steps I am missing for this? Hi, It sounds like a plan, however I think CRM 4.0 still hav...

Need an open house sign in sheet

My windows Mail
When I hit "send / receive" in windows mail, (it just started today), I get a windows security box that says: logon to pop-server.socal.com "Please verify that both the user name and password are correct for your mail server." There are boxes for username and password. I put them in and hit "ok". I then get an error message: "account: 'pop-server.socal.rr.com',server:'pop-server.ca.rr.com',protocol:pop3,server response:'-ERR invalid username or pass word.'port:110, secure (SSL): no, server error: 0x800ccc90, error number...

opening links

cannot open excel file from outlook

How can I access the windows clipboard?
On closing a number of applications ask if I want to keep the data on my clipboard available for other applications. How can I look at the clipboard, either before or after closing down, to see what is available to me there? The Windows clipboard will contain the last thing you copied. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< >...