Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

Error message: "There is not enough memory or disk space available to complete the operation" when trying to open a Word X file in Office 2008 in Leopard or Snow Leopard on iMac that works fine in Word X despite resaving a new version. Any tips?
0
SJW_Perth

Not enough information to answer.

Check that OS X and Office 2008 have the latest updates applied.

Use Disk Utility to Repair Permissions.

Check the access your user ID has to the system Temporary folder (don't
worry about this if you are not on a network).

Sorry: your details are too sketchy to understand what's happening.  It
could simply be a corrupt document.

Cheers

On 14/01/10 6:24 PM, in article 59bb0e37.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"SJW_Perth@officeformac.com" <SJW_Perth@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Error message: "There is not enough memory or disk space available to complete
> the operation" when trying to open a Word X file in Office 2008 in Leopard or
> Snow Leopard on iMac that works fine in Word X despite resaving a new version.
> Any tips?

matters unless you intend to pay!

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
John

Linking a graph to a csv file
**Excel 2002 Hello, I'm sure this is exceedingly easy, but somehow, I'm screwing this up. I ultimately need to have a self- updating PowerPoint file (client mandates a ppt file). According to ppt's help, that means I have to use linked Excel graphs, not embedded ppt graphs. However, my programmer will be supplying me with tons of csv files. When I try to create an excel file with a data link to a csv file, it tells me that it can't update it unless I open the source file. I *can't* take the time to open each csv - there will be hundreds. What am I missing wi...

Opening a new instance of Excel

Quirky recent file list #2
Debra--- I do tend to open from Windows Explore more then File>Open. But I am saving the file. It's more that it is annoying when I close a file by accident and don't quite remember where it got saved on the server. Stacie -- SPenney ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SPenney's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1079 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=267592 Well, I guess you weren't the only one who wanted this behaviour changed. <g> If/when you upgr...

Office:mac v.X #2
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I have subject version of Office. I know that there must be updates to this so I can bring this up to date but I can seem to find the ones I need to start the process. Can someone get me to the beginning? Thanks!!! You can get the Office X 10.1.9 update here: http://snipurl.com/22zx4 On 3/30/08 3:09 PM, in article ee96b4c.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "AWOLGolfer@officeformac.com" <AWOLGolfer@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: v.X > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel &g...

outlook 2000 help file

ActiveX Control in Word
Hello, I have a couple of issues with an activex control developed in MFC targeted for Office. In Powerpoint, when the user right clicks on my control and selects "Edit", my control starts receiving mouse and keyboard input, since it becomes active. However, in Word when the user selects Edit, the control does not recive any input. But if I click the design toggle button in the Control toolbar, the control goes active and recives input. I would like my control to be activated in Word the same way as it gets activated in Powerpoint, is this possible? The second issue is, when...

Import Palm files
Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact, calendar, etc Depends what you can export to from Palm Desktop. Personally, I've found this messy. Why not just get sync software that can sync your Palm with Outlook directly? Chapura Pocketmirror or Pumatech Intellisync are two ideas....or your Palm CD may have come with this option. F. Carvalho wrote: > Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files > (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact, > calendar, etc ...

List Shows Private Files
DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THIS? Whenever I save an attachment, and go to the drop down menu for file name, I am shown a list of dozens of files recently accessed on the computer (not just files accessed by Outlook Express). This occurs even if recent cocuments is turned off in Windows XP and even if the recent documents folder for Windows XP has been cleared. This shows too much! Others using Outlook Express on the same computer can potentially view the file names of every document, image, and device recently accessed. Where is the folder to clear this data out of? duncan <anonym...

Memory Usage When Playing WMV HD Files
Hi all, When I watch a WMV HD file using WMP11, the file appears to start up and play well until I try to fast forward / jump to another part of the file, then the player just stops and after watching via the task manager, WMP memory usage goes through the roof ie. gigabytes and ultimately the player crashes. Have reinstalled the player, have tried various codecs etc but all appears to be unsuccessful. System is XP based, E6600 cpu with 4gb PC6400 memory and 8800GTS 640mb graphics. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Dumb question: what video card d...

To increase the upload file limit ONLY for one site collection
Hi, I have more than 1900 site collections on a web application. I know I can modify the upload file limit thru the CA or directly on the Web config file. However, I do not want to change the setting for all the site collections. I need to be able to change the setting only for a particular site collection. Is there anyway I can add manualy that entry in the web config file. Has anyone tried? Is this possible? Thanks in advance, Antonio ...

ESM error
I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I have Exchange2k3 SP2 running on a Win2k3 server. Our Exchange Admin is out on medical leave so I am resuming his responsibilities. My problem is I cannot access some of the storage groups using exchange system manager. We have 4 mailbox stores and I get an error trying to access 3 of them. The error is "An unknown error has occurred. ID no: 80040d1b Exchange System Manager". What is really puzzling is if I click on a storage group a second time, I don't get the error but the storage group shows up as empty. I have thi...

Urgent
How do I get my X axis and Y axis to auto scale inside my chart when I add new data in my spreadsheet? -- Sandi Gardner "Sandi" <Sandi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4D8613F-13C3-4C1B-9576-95E44B0AE156@microsoft.com... > How do I get my X axis and Y axis to auto scale inside my chart when I add > new data in my spreadsheet? The default is to do so. Check Format Axis/ Scale, and ensure that Auto is ticked for Min & Max. -- David Biddulph That works for my Y axis but I also need my X axis to auto scale also. -- Sandi Gardner "David B...

#Error Message
I have created a calculation to count the number of people and placed it in the Name Footer: =count([EyNumber]) and called the unbound box, CountNames. When there are no results it returns the #Error message. How can I remove this error message and display a message like, "No Data", or display the true results of a count? I have tried using the IsError function but can't seem to get it to work. Thanks Hi Nigel, Try: =IIf(IsError([EyNumber]), "No Data", Count([EyNumber]) Clifford Bass Nigel wrote: >I have created a calculatio...

file sbolext.dll
Downloaded a program some time ago that I found had spyware in it.When I took out the programs I started getting error message at start up of Outlook. "file hotbar\bin\448~1.o\sbolext.dll missing" Downloaded from Microsoft the newest version of the file. Still getting the error message on start. The program runs fine, don't know why it is looking for this file. Running Office 2000 Sr-1. The program removed was hot bars for wall paper and scam mail. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. e-mail address is jvanwie@tampabay.rr.com. ...

Test Drive Office v.X won't install on OS X
Hi, I have a new mac - and can't get this Office X demo to install. Has anyone had a problem with installing the test drive version of Office v.X stating that "it can't install on read only volume" - If so - how to do I solve that problem ...

i renamed a file i needed and lost the info how do i get it back?
I had 2 files with the same name in excel. After I excited excel, I wanted to rename my new file, and I thought I was renaming the new file, but I actually renamed the old file I was working in and when it said this file exists do you want to change I said yes. I lost all my work. How do I get it back? You can't unless you had a backup. Not nice to excite excel. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Tera" <Tera@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6545DD51-3597-45DB-A187-F248ED970C8F@microsoft.com... >I had 2 files with the same n...

popup box message; "Publisher cannot open the file"
saved as a .pub file but unable to open. popup box message "Publisher cannot open the file" What version Publisher do you have? Do you know what version Publisher was used to create the file? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "stature" <stature@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0AD1D565-743D-478D-95DD-5C5358400272@microsoft.com... > saved as a .pub file but unable to open. popup box message "Publisher cannot > open the file" ...

Opening Files #5
When I first open Excel ( Office 2003) it goes to the wrong file. How can I get it to open intially the file I want ? Thank You -- George E To set up your main file in XL: <Tools> <Options <General> tab, And in the "Default File Location" box, Enter the path to whatever drive, and directory and file that you want. -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "George E...

svhost.exe: A CRM-related File?
Hello all. McAfee VirusScan has suddenly notified me that it detected a "potentially unwanted file" on the machine that I am using to host an ActionPack version of Microsoft CRM. This is an SBS installation, with everything running on one test machine. Here is the warning from McAfee: ---------------- Potential Unwanted Program Detected! The file C:\WINNT\System32\svhost.exe is a Potentially Unwanted Program (ServU-Daemon) ---------------- When I try to move the file to the desktop, I am alerted that it is in use and cannot be moved (no surprise, huh?). The interesting thin...

opening Excel and then closing it
I have a file that is passed to me in XLS format, but I would much prefer to work with it in CSV. So I did this... ' open the downloaded file in Excel and copy it over to L in csv format Workbooks.Open "O:\Downloads\D00100001554_0.xls" Workbooks("D00100001554_0.xls").ConflictResolution = xlLocalSessionChanges Workbooks("D00100001554_0.xls").SaveAs "L:\Activity.csv", xlCSV Workbooks("Activity.csv").Close False This works fine except it leaves Excel open in the background. The only thing to do is fine it in Processes a...

Try on this corrective package
--tzppfkpr Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="fozctqasnsnq"; type="multipart/alternative" --fozctqasnsnq Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="patwzymhrpfi" --patwzymhrpfi Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS User this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help protect your computer from these vulnerabilities, the most...