Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

Error message: "There is not enough memory or disk space available to complete the operation" when trying to open a Word X file in Office 2008 in Leopard or Snow Leopard on iMac that works fine in Word X despite resaving a new version. Any tips?
0
SJW_Perth

Not enough information to answer.

Check that OS X and Office 2008 have the latest updates applied.

Use Disk Utility to Repair Permissions.

Check the access your user ID has to the system Temporary folder (don't
worry about this if you are not on a network).

Sorry: your details are too sketchy to understand what's happening.  It
could simply be a corrupt document.

Cheers

On 14/01/10 6:24 PM, in article 59bb0e37.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"SJW_Perth@officeformac.com" <SJW_Perth@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Error message: "There is not enough memory or disk space available to complete
> the operation" when trying to open a Word X file in Office 2008 in Leopard or
> Snow Leopard on iMac that works fine in Word X despite resaving a new version.
> Any tips?

matters unless you intend to pay!

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
John

addition error-excel bug???
In Excel2000, I ahve the follwing numbers I am trying to add: -30584.010000000000000 30585.600000000000000 1.590000000000150 why does adding these two amounts add a 150 on the right end. I am inputting to 2 decimals then formatting to add the zeros. My answer should be 1.590000000000000. Any ideas??? All floating point, base-10 numbers cannot be represented exactly when converting to base-2 binary format. You realize you can't represent the fraction 1/3 exactly in base-10. 1.59 must fall into this category -- can't be represented exactly in base-2. On Tue, ...

Money internal error when I download from bank
Help! was using M04, recently upgraded to M05. After new install was prompted to use MSN passport- realised afterwards I didnt want to. After reinstall and restore from backup, I am now finding that when I download from Royal Bank (Canada) there is an "internal error" and money restarts. It often does this 2 or 3 times on restart, and Ive lost the downlaod data from the bank- Im fed up with having to restart and type entries by hand. Have I a setting wrong somewhere? ...

Catching errors raised by a VB ActiveX dll
Can anyone advise how I can catch errors raised in a VB ActiveX dll (using Err.Raise) in a VC++ client application ? The dll in question is imported into the VC++ application with : #import "abcde.dll" no_namespace and the object is declared as _abcdePtr thisObj; and is initialised with (void)CoInitialize(NULL); thisObj.CreateInstance(__uuidof(abcde)); functions are called using thisObj->functionX(); functionX() may raise an error through the Err.Raise method, and I want to catch this in the VC++ code. Any help would be appreciated. Cliff Clif...

problems with eps file type
Hello I am attempting to create my business card in Publisher. My logo's are eps files. Publsiher would not show the logo image (I guess the logo image did not have a tiff preview file embedded). I would like to upload my finished business card as an eps file type. The online printers do not accept ps file type. Can I simply change the ps extension to eps? If Publisher does not work well with eps file types (which appear to be an industry standard) then what other program should I consider using? I am baffled at how difficult this effort has been - My guess is that eps is perhaps...

GP Client Error
After installing SQL 2005 SP-2, any new GP Client Installation is giving error that "The database version is different then the client version" Any Help Please? Thanks! Are you sure this was due to the installation of SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2? It sounds like your error stems from installing a newer version of a Dynamics GP Service pack that has not been applied to the client computer yet. Could you please confirm this is the case? -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "create_share" wrote:...

outlook and word attachments
I have a client with a problem and I am looking for a solution... Here is the text from his message to me: Problem: I am in a Word document and want the email it to another person. I click on File, Send To, As Attachment the following error message is given. This does not happen all the time, but it is frequent enough to be a pain. It is not in the same document all the time. Error Message: Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. A Program error occurred. Quit Outlook and Microsoft Windows and then start again. Any ideas... Thanks This is OL2003 and word 2003 sorry that I did not st...

Custom shortcutmenu for commandbutton to open form with arguments
How does one create a custom shortcutmenu to set to a CommandButton that will open up a form passing in arguments from the current form, all in Access 2007 and VBA? Attached is some code that I use for a custom shortcut menu that I use on most of my forms. I call the subroutine when my Splash screen loads, and then use the click event of a control on my form (usually a label in the upper left corner of the form) to display the shorcut menu, using: CommandBars("MyFormMenu").ShowPopup What you will need to do is change the references to fnCloseForm to a new function th...

Excel2003 C\Program Files\Travel Dictionary Trueterm V5.xla not fo
-- Kind Regards, Bob Deveen ...

Why do I get an error when comparing two documents?
I am comparing 2 docx documents but an error keeps popping up with "Word cannot compare the documents" ...

fopen for a network path file
hey ppl, can u pls help me out on this.i am able to easily open a file with fopen in a network path but when i use it as a service with the same fopen function it relly doesnt work.if i write log for the function it says not able to open the file? can u tell why is that so???? why this discrepany when i use it as a windows service and not in an application? pls help me out thanks!!! On Sep 26, 5:06 pm, sriram bala <sriramga...@gmail.com> wrote: > hey ppl, > > can u pls help me out on this.i am able to easily open a file with > fopen in a network path but when i use it as a...

The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, start Outlook again.
Microsoft Article Q172350 sort of helps me with my Delema... I have a Windows XP SP2 with Office 2003 SP1. The client is able to Print her own Calendar but when she tries to Print a Shared Calendar she has Access to and can Read, She gets the Error: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, start Outlook again. " I tried to do a Office repair and this did not help. I do not really want to put Office SP2 on machine as of yet... Any idea... thanks in advance... Michael Re: The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If th...

Duplicate Detectin with Status error
I've altered two duplicate detection rules and include the contact stauscode into the detection pattern to only get active contacts as match. After this i start a detection job manually and this job never finishes. I've I take out the statecode everything works fine. Do you have any odea how to ahndle this error or how to run a duplicate detection job, excluding inactive records as matches without altering the rule. Best regards, Henrik ...

The memory could not be read
After I open Excel and then attempt to open a document, I receive the error "The instruction at "0x302a4515" referenced memory at 0x02cb017f". The memory could not be "read". Thanks for your help! ...

Enough. Where is the policy?
Okay, Who the heck is in charge on these groups? Someone totally hidden and entirely unaccountable..? What's the posting policy and where the heck is some honesty about how these groups are moderated..? Where is the FAQ..? (or FAQs..?) Yes, I've had it. I'm upset that 1 or 2 critical posts I made didn't get posted. So, you can contact me at: ==================================================== Scott Davis, 45 Dunfield Av, Unit 2117 Self-Employed Toronto, ON, Canada, M4S 2H4 Tech Consultant Mobile. (416) 432-4334 The IP addrs I use to post all UseNet: 66.207.21...

total memory available is only 3.3GB with 4GB physical memory under windows 7 64 bit 05-16-10
I had 4GB physical memoryon the PC. With Windows vista 32 bit, available memory is shown as 3.3GB. I asked on usenet and was told that only under 64 bit windows, will the available memory be 4GB. When I upgraded to windows 7, I chosed 64 bit (I did clean install of course), but the available memory shown in the system is still 3.3 GB. This is show in both task manager under performance->Physical memory->total, and 'property of My Computer'->Installed memory (4GB/3.3 GB usable) Why is this and is there a way to make the full 4GB available? It's possible th...

My .pst files
Is it normal to have 3 pst files? Mine are: archive.pst Outlook.pst Outlook1.pst Can someone help and explain each one to me.TIA ...

Mac OS X Accesing OWA
We recently migrated from an old Exchange 2000 Server to a new Exchange 2000 server both are running Windows 2000 Server. Migration went fine execpt Mac users who try to access OWA from Safari, Firefox or IE cannot log in. When they try to authenticate it asked for them to enter their Logon information over and over again. I've checked permissions on the server didnt see any problems. Its only happening to Users who have used web access previously when the older server was in place. Ive logged in using my creditials and do not have a problem. I have tried internally using OWA and Ext...

in 2003 i have 0 text file conrt to 2007 number
i have a file in 2003 excel, one field is in text delimited format. How do i convert this without lossing the '0' at the beginning of the number. Do you have an Excel file (.xls) or a CSV file? If it's Excel, 2007 will read it in properly. If it's CSV, specify the field as text during the open. Regards, Fred "geordge7814" <geordge7814@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D39F8C1B-3DC6-4140-97C9-F269E36B9A4B@microsoft.com... >i have a file in 2003 excel, one field is in text delimited format. How do >i > convert this w...

Unable to delete IMAP accounts
I am using Microsoft Outlook 2002 (10.2627.2625) where I had 4 IMAP accounts configured. I wanted to change the location of the .pst file and I don't know what I did but now I ended up having 8 IMAP accounts. Each account has duplicated. The 4 IMAP accounts are working and I am able to send and receive emails. but when it won't let me delete the duplicate ones. When I go to Tools-->Options-->Mail Setup tab-->Data Files button, I get to see all the 8 accounts but when I click the Remove button to remove the duplicate ones, it gives me error "This data file is associated ...

ERROR on Navigation Bar 05-13-04
I'm still stuck with this problem. Could any one help?! I have tried some solutions to similar problems in the Techknowledge but didn't help! Thanks in advance... Mounim -------------------------------------------------------- Can't find it. Do you know how or where to find it? Thanks Mounim >-----Original Message----- >Solution available on Techknowledge. >>-----Original Message----- >>On one of my client PCs the navigation bar does not work >>correctly. After two or three clicks on the bar I got >the >>following error; yet the GoTo ...

Weird 529 Error
Ok...so I used to have this user setup on this SBS2003 server. The user is gone and removed from the Users on the server. His profile is deleted from the server, there are no services attached to his account, and no registry keys with his username in it. Now, everyday I get this error at the same time.... How can I find this user on the server and get rid of it???? Event Type: Failure Audit Event Source: Security Event Category: Logon/Logoff Event ID: 529 Date: 6/24/2010 Time: 11:15:16 AM User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: SERVERNAME Description: Logon Failure: R...

error C3867 and error C2664 #2
Hello, When I am trying to use _beginthreadex in MFC I am getting these errors. Can anyone kindly help me regarding this. My code is as shown below bool CBlueFoxDlg::start(void) { if(!pDev) return false ; stopRequest=false; hThread=(HANDLE)_beginthreadex(0,0,&CBlueFoxDlg::CaptureThread, (LPVOID)this,0,&dwThreadID); running =true; return true; } unsigned int _stdcall CaptureThread(void* pData) { pThread=(Device*)pData; if(!pThread) return 1; unsigned int cnt=0; } I am getting error C3867 when I am writing the third parameter in _beginthreadex as CBlueFoxDlg::Capt...

Limit Memory Usage
Is there a way to limit the memory usage for the w3wp.exe process that is used by CRM? Right now, it's using up a lot of memory and I would prefer to limit it if it won't hurt performance. It seems to me like the IIS cache for the CRM website just grows this memory more and more throughout the day without "releasing" any memory. -- Brandon Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com Figured out that to do this you can go into the properties of the CRMAppPool inside of IIS Application Pools and set a "max...

can I work on Publisher docs on Mac OS X
I have a need to amend MS Publisher docs I receive on a Mac OS X computer. Is there anyway this can be achieved? Phil.T <PhilT@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have a need to amend MS Publisher docs I receive on a Mac OS X > computer. Is there anyway this can be achieved? A suggestion I have heard: Export your Publisher file as an MHT file. Open them in Word 2004 on the Mac. Then to go in the other direction, save as a web page, and reopen in Publisher. If possible, though, I would recommend opening them in Publisher running under Virtual PC ...

Not enough memory?
I am trying to send a 172MB attachment, but get the message "Not enough memory"? I have 4 GB RAM installed, with a net of 2.87 GB available with nothing running and 735GB avilable on my hard drive. Why am I getting this message? Is there a size limitation in Windows Mail? -- McM I don't know of any server that would allow a 172MB message. Even if they did, you'd probably end up with a really teed-off recipient when they tried to download it. Use an upload site. Here are a couple, but you can Google for more. Upload large files. An alternative to e-mail....