MS Word Fields

Version: 2008
Processor: Power PC

I am writing a script that will put a string into a field the script creates.  I have no problem creating that simple case. <br>
If the user has the cursor inside an existing field (where show codes is true), I want to append the new string to the existing string.   <br>
I have been using field type ADDIN.  This is not a footnote nor endnote, but could be inside one. <br>
Steve
0
spaschke

I am referring to Applescript when I mention script
0
spaschke

Whenever I try to route a document from Word
I get this message: "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you wish to allow this?" and then it goes on about if you don't expect this, it may be a virus and to select No. Is this some type of setting I can shut off or is this normal? I'm only sending the doc internally around the office, why is the security so paranoid? Can I turn this off somehow? Thanks viv <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I get this message: "A program is trying to access email > addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do...

Hosting MS CRM
I have a full on netwrok at home with SBS2003, Exchange, and MSCRM. I'd like to FTP all of the needed files to my web hosting provider in order to access my CRM on the hosted server vs. my local. Any ideas on where can a get the needed documentation for the FTP process? Any security issues that I need to be aware of? I do not plan on having major client or "live" information on the hosted CRM, but I'd like to learn the process. I do not use exchange router and I am not planning on FTPing exchange, but I do not mind learning that process as well just in case I need...

uninstall fonts in Word 2003
How can I uninstall fonts from the drop down menu in this program? There are too many to choose from and I don't use most of them... hate looking through the list each time I want to change fonts. If they're fonts you're never going to use anyway, you Delete them from the Fonts folder in Start > Control Panel. (But if they weren't stored somewhere else in your computer and installed from there, you should move them to a storage folder instead, so that when you do want them back, you can Install them again.) In Word2007, recently used fonts appear in a group at t...

Use jpg as border
Hi - I have a specific jpg that I wish to use as a border on a Word 2007 document. This jpg will be 3/4 point, and will border the entire document with multiple copies of the picture. In other words, the picture will be copied around the entire border of the document. I looked in Word 2007 'Help' but could not find the info on how to do this, if indeed it is possible. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Joe Hello Joe, if your jpg file is of right dimensions, you can use it as a background image. Therefore you can have it as border as...

Text Field
I have created a database using linked tables. There are no notes fields in those tables and I need one. I created a text field and entered a comment but that comment appears against every record but I want it to stay within the record it was recorded against. Anyone help ? Hi KC Where did you create the text field? Since the table is linked, you need to create the text field in your data source, where ever the tables actually reside. If you created the text field (box) on a form, it will not be bound to a particular record and thus it will show up for all of the records, similar to ...

Completing field on subform from command button on main form
This is a simplistic version of what I need to do. I have a form named frmCLIENT with a subform named sfFAMILY. On the form frmCLIENT I have a command butten and when I press it I want it to automatically complete a field named CHILDREN on the subform sfFAMILY with the word "NONE". Can anyone help me. Thanks, LDMueller The code for the button is Me.YourSubformName.Form.Children = "None" Me.YourSubformName.Form.Children.Requery 'so that you can see the results This assumes that the subform has only 1 record or that the record you want editing, is the first ...

MS Money Plus Deluxe
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C8D7B8.10B12BE0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am currently using version 17.0.120.1415 and after closing Money, = mnybbsvc.exe continues running. Within the task manager, this is = utilizing, frequently, 98% of my resources. Is there something that can = be set so that this executable is shut down automatically when the = program closes? --=20 Dan Johnson ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C8D7B8.10B12BE0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859...

addresses missing in To: field
Hope some has seen this. I have two users who recieved the same email from someone on the outside. They were both addressed in the To: field. Person A gets the email in his inbox and sees all the people listed in the To: field. In Person B's inbox he sees the same email only his email address is in the To: field and not person A's even though the send put both of their names in the To: field of the originating message. Thanks If user B isn't seeing this problem with other senders, either the sender in this case didn't put both in (perhaps resent the message after mi...

Fwd: Re: MS Money
Apologize if this is double posted... I sent this message yesterday and it still has not shown up on my news server today, so I'm sending again. bj -------- Original Message -------- Dick Watson wrote: > The OEM Works product may differ from the retail one and the OEMs may be > "free to install it their way". > That's what I guessed after reading that last response quoting MS about the "Works Suite". > At any rate, Money Standard pretty much stopped existing somewhere along the > way and was replaced with the incredibly...

Populating FIELDS from another form(s)
I have one form were I create meetings, than another one were the individual is inputted (all works great - this is not the problem). I am trying to open a form(Travel) from that form by clicking on a button (This I already have and that part works). I want the newly opened form (Travel) to automatically populate a few fields (that you can not see on the form) that are the primary fields. example: [field1] = Me.[field1] and [field2] = Me.[field2]. Now if the record already exist then I want it to populate the form. So far I have this: Private Sub btnTravel_Click() On Error GoTo Err_btnT...

Hide Quck Parts in Word 2007
Hi, Is it possible to hide empty quick parts in word 2007? I am populating quick parts from a sharepoint list (wss 3.0) and some of the fields in this list are not rquired and the field names are showing when the metadata is empty. http://www.moss2007.be/blogs/vandest/archive/2009/12/03/configure-word-2007-content-controls-with-empty-placeholder-text.aspx ...

MS-CRM Workflow Manager/Monitor issue.
I have installed successfully the MS-CRM 1.2 application on a windows 2003 server. Even if I am logged on as the administrator of this windows server, when I attempt to invoke the workflow manager or the workflow monitor, I get the message "You do not have sufficient Microsoft CRM privileges to run the Workflow Manager. For more information, contact your system administrator". I have been looking everywhere for information as to why I do not have the necessary privileges, I cannot find it. According to the documentation I do have the proper licensing setting. If anyone kno...

Word Wrap in Email
Folks, I receive email without line breaks at the end of each line. CRM displays the text as one LONG horizontal line of text. Does someone know of a setting where I can have the CRM email window automatically word wrap at the end of the displayed window? Timothy -- CRM 1.2 /C360 user ...

Outlook 2003 with Word as Mail Editor
I am looking around to see how I can create my own email templates, so far the help file does not shows anything on this. Also I noticed that Outlook 2003 mention forms but not templates on the "New" button. Can someone give me some tips or links on how to create / save / use those Outlook 2003 templates or Forms ? Thanks ...

Online form ~ I have word 2003 and 2007
Hello, I am trying to create an online form that will allow for a limited amount of characters per field. For example: Name: 20 Characters at length and so on Date: 15 Characters Title of the reading: 40 characters Please advise, Thanks -- astro44 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader an...

subform fields
The main form is the Project Form. The subform represents the list of contractor's bidding the project, "bidder's list." I want to be able to distinguish which contractor is awarded the contract. Should I: a. create an "Awarded" field in the subform. The user can click the option button next to the awarded contractor? How would I set it up so that the user can only choose 1 contractor? or b. create a field on the main project form "Awarded contractor." How can I populate this combobox to list only the contractor's from that project&...

Macros between 2 MS (or other) Applications
My problem might sound simple enough, but I can't figure out how to d it. Is it possible to have a macro in Excel that goes to anothe application (possible MS Word or a different program), copy informatio that is currently on screen and paste it in the next empty cell i column A? Also, is anyone familiar with a program called Vista? I really need t construct a macro that interacts between Vista and Excel (pulls info of the vista screen and puts it into excel) -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Moe - There are a few places you can look for information on automating one ...

MS Money '04 Reference Books
Is anyone aware of any good MS Money '04 reference books? I've checked the MS Press website, but they seem to have one for every software program other than Money. Any suggestions? Thanks much, Too many books ended up getting pulped--I'm not sure there are any for Money anymore. You might check on http://www.amazon.com. "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e72001c3f056$477b1c10$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is anyone aware of any good MS Money '04 reference > books? I've checked the MS Press website, but they seem > to...

Auto jump to the next field
I have 10 fields of a designated length. Each needs only one number. When I fill up the present alpha field I'm typing into, I want the cursor to automatically jump to the next field without manually hitting the tab key. Thanks! Hi אלירם, AFAIK, that's not possible with a formfield. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "אלירם" <@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0D98BC8-90B8-4FF6-B3B8-3B65AA1F493B@microsoft.com... >I have 10 fields of a designated length. Each needs only one number. > > When I fill up the presen...

Receiveing a Microsoft Document in Word
Hi Guys Recently I was sent a word document by a colleague that contained algebraic equations. Upon receiving the document I noticed that it had black boxes where the equations would be instead of the equations. I have Microsoft Office for Mac on my Powerbook.Fortunately I also have VirtualPC on my Powerbook with Office Professional also installed for emergencies. I was able to access the document properly that way. The question I have is what might have caused this and can I correct this problem. I was under the impression that with Office for Mac these problems would be eliminated. In art...

Configuration Error / Cannot access Outlook via MS Outlook
While trying to browse any of CRM folders in Outlook Folder List I receive the msg below. Does anyone knows how to solve it, and why it's happening ? Thank you, Hugo Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Server cannot read capabilities configuration r....

covet a file to Word
I have a map drawn in Publisher. How can I get this into a word document. I realy need to make this map available to a party that does not have Publisher. They do have internet. I do have a scanner and could send as a jpeg file but I thought there might be an easier way. Thanks in advance, Ray Do a copy and paste into any paint program and save as any supported file type you choose. -- Hi Ray (rhaubelt@grandecom.net), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || I have a map drawn in Publisher. How can I get this into a || word document. || || I realy need to make this map availab...

Link between forms when the child field is part of the primary key causing crashes when creating new records in main form
This is access 2003. I'm making a form to create new records in a main table and simultaneously allow the user to create records linking them to data from a second. The link table data is shown as an embedded form within the main form. The link table has two columns to store foreign keys from the main table and a lookup table. I want it to have a compound primary key composed of the two foreign keys. The problem is that if I have the compoundPK set and then create a new record in the main form/table or have the secondary form set to link MainTablePK between the child and master forms ...

Word does not open. Windows cannot find file
While using word on my computer I have been getting this message. Windows cannot find 'C: /Users/XXXXXX/Desktop/Folder name/Resume1.docx' (XXXXXX to protect name). Make sure you type the name correctly, and then try again. The only way I can get is to go into Word to open the file See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/reregisterword.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "RAYCCCC" <RAYCCCC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01D729BC-1FAE-4B84-8D66-E1D122E601D0@microsoft.com... > While using word on my computer I have been gett...

Activating Field Level Security
We were just wondering how to activate field level security. We are using advanced security, and it shows that field level security should be available on the menus, but we're not sure if this is an extra module or not. If so, any info or fact sheets would be appreciated. Thank you. The menu option "Field Level Security " is available in System Setup menu. Setup->System->Field Level Security "ConnollyandCo" wrote: > We were just wondering how to activate field level security. We are using > advanced security, and it shows that field level security...