MS Word Fields

Version: 2008
Processor: Power PC

I am writing a script that will put a string into a field the script creates.  I have no problem creating that simple case. <br>
If the user has the cursor inside an existing field (where show codes is true), I want to append the new string to the existing string.   <br>
I have been using field type ADDIN.  This is not a footnote nor endnote, but could be inside one. <br>
Steve
0
spaschke

I am referring to Applescript when I mention script
0
spaschke

MS Outlook 2007

Lok Up Fields???
I have seen it on here many times and I was just curious, exactly what is so bad about using a look up field in a table, especially if the table has many fields that contain foreign keys? Isn't it easier to open the table and see the what is being stored in the field rather than a foreign key? -- Thank you very much CoachBarkerOJPW See this link: http://www.mvps.org/access/lookupfields.htm -- --Roger Carlson MS Access MVP Access Database Samples: www.rogersaccesslibrary.com Want answers to your Access questions in your Email? Free subscription: http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/...

MS Office 97 to MS Office 2007

Calculated field 05-12-10
I need to calculate many fields based on one start date and I need the calculations to count by month. For example first visit is 4/25/2010 The first calculated field must be 5/25/2010 +/- 7 days This is the first time I've had to do a calculated field where the next visit must be the exact day of the next month and not just the generic "30 days" Is there an easy way to do this? Thank you Lori Hi, Go to online help and look for DATESERIAL function. I think that should help you out. "LoriP" wrote: > I need to calculate many fields based ...

MS Exange connection

How do I do word count in MS Publisher?

Address Word Letter X for Office 2004?
I've been unable to get the Address Word Letter X script to work on my new version of Office 2004. The Prefs script won't recognize my stationery file (it's grayed out). Did the revisions for scripting in Office 2004 break the script? Is there a workaround? Thanks, Steven Hi Steven, What script is this? Did you check macscripter.net to see if a new version is out? If not, your best bet is probably to go back to the ReadMe on the script and see if you can email the script writer and ask them about it. Or you could try opening up the script looking for anything obviously ...

QUICKSELL Blank or Empty Fields/data
How should I treat an empty excel field on import with Quicksell? Example "Notes" <I don’t' have any data for this field>. Do I leave the field blank, or place a comma in the field, or put some text, or delete the column and don't include the field in the import? How should I treat "Last Sold" field if I do not have a history? Similar to above do I leave the field blank, or place a comma in the field, or put some text, or delete the column and don't include the field in the import? When I have a item unlike others with data what should I do if I ...

adding a border to a text box in word
Hi, I'm trying to put a border around a text box, each time I try the border is applied to the whole page. where it says apply to: my only choice is whole document, how can i add apply to text box?? Select the box and look for things about "Outlines" rather than "Borders." (Version of Word?) On Feb 20, 11:38=A0pm, Arch <A...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, I'm trying to put a border around a text box, each time I try the bor= der > is applied to the whole page. where it says apply to: my only choice is w= hole > document, how ca...

MS Money 2005 Basics

MS CRM Certification question

MS Access

Custom Entity Email "to field"
I have created a custom entity. When creating an email the new entity cannot be searched in order to add it to the "to" field, although it can be in the regarding field. Is there anyway to add custom entities to the "to" lookup? Thanks, Sarah I cannot do this either and I dont see a way to add a custom entity to the "To" field. However, it sounds like you are trying to send mail to your custom entity vs. a contact. WIthout knowing all the details, it may be better practice to associate a contact to that entity and record email activities under the cont...

Starting MS Outlook on startup
How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. > All you need to do is move the Outlook program icon to the startup group in XP. >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. >Double click My Computer, go into the C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup Place an Outlook shortcut into this folder and it will automatically startup when...

Restarting MS Money with a "correction" switch
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I currently use version 10 - 2002 Deluxe, and I need to startup MS Money = with a correction switch that I hope will correct some problems that I = have been having, but I can't seem to locate the post that talks about doing = this. Is it "msmoney.exe /s"? --=20 Russell (if replying, replace nospam with rpottharst) ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/html; c...

Alternative to Ms sql server 2005 express edition
Hello Everyone, Our server hosting providers are saying that our web site is running slow because we are using ms sql server 2005 express edition which is a free edition and had only a capacity of handling up to 4 GB data. And our database which we are currently using is now having more than 4.5 GB. Hence they recommended us to go for a paid one that is specialized edition workgroup and gave us the following link http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2008/en/us/editions.aspx to go through the comparison. The hosting providers says that it will be around 4500 rupees per month for ...

save in differents folder each documents in WORD
Hi, I am using windows XP and Microsoft ofiice word 2003 and I would like to save automatically one document in 1 folder, but a different gropus of documents I want to save automatically in other folder (just presing save, not going every time to the specific folder), can I do that? When I change the location to save the documents it saves for every word document and I want to save to a specific folder for a group of documents and for another group of documents I want a different folder, but automatically. Thanks Andrei aberdich@gmail.com <aberdich@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, I am u...

Copy field in one entry to an new entry
I have a form which has only 2 fields. I have also added a "add new record" button to the form. When I click the button, I would like the information in one of the fields to automatically show up in the same field of the new record. What is the easiest way? Thanks On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 15:08:00 -0800, Roy Carlson <RoyCarlson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a form which has only 2 fields. I have also added a "add new record" >button to the form. When I click the button, I would like the information in >one of the fields to automatically sho...

MS Word Problem
Hello people following problem: in a MFC MDI application one also shall Being displayed Word97 document. And but not in an external program but as a one prayed OLE object. I have managed this. The following problem lets itself be seen now: if I maximize/reduce the main window the visible range of the Word document shall adapt the visible doesn't become however if I maximize the object frame of the OLE object Range of the document changed but Word zoom lens the document. To this the one prayed window is placed so for this these force Word-Scrollbalken are no longer visible. I can ...

Entourage 2008 Excel and Word
When i go to Excel or Word and select file open and all my documents show in a box-How do i delete these documents if i don't want then any longer?<br> Thank you in advance for your help. Hi Bob-- Did you recently switch to the Mac? Welcome. This is a difference between Mac and Windows, and it applies to all programs. You cannot delete a file from a File | Open or File | Save dialog. Instead, you have to switch to the Finder (the happy blue face), browse to or find your documents in a Finder window, and move them to the trash. MacOffice has no control over this--but you can le...

MS Money Planner file
Hello I have a problem in MS Money 2004. Each time I open money I get the following error: "A file needed to run the Planner is either missing or corrupted. To resolve this problem, re-install money and then re open your money file". I have tried doing this but still keep getting the same error. Can anyone please advise? Thanks and a Happy New Year to all you kind souls out there. Dave Hello Glyn That seems to work for me. Thanks for taking the time and trouble to reply. Much appreciated. Hope you have a happy & prosperous New Year. Regards Dave "Glyn Simpso...

Business Contact Manager for MS Outlook 2003
I just installed MS Office @003 Standart Upgrade and want to use the Business Contact Manager functionality. However, I cannot find it. The "Help" feature tells me I should have Business Contact Manager as an add-in but I cannot find it nor do I want to download the version with Micrrosoft Exchange Server (I think). Can anyone tell me how to get Business Contact Manager for MS Outlook 2003? Thanks, Jim BCM is available as part of Office 2003 Professional Edition, Small Business Edition, or Prefessional Enterprise Edition (requires Volume License from Microsoft). As far as I k...