MS Word equation editor won't open when double-clicking on an equation

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I created a document (.docx) using the Office 2008 version of MS Word some time ago (2 months or so). Recently I wanted to correct an equation in that document and re-opened the document (on the same system and with the &quot;same&quot; copy of Word) and attempted to double-click the equation to edit it. Instead of the equation editor I get the &quot;Format Picture&quot; dialog box. In the interim I did install an update (I tend to try to stay up to date) and am at 12.2.4 (100205). <br><br>The application will let me create new equations just fine. How can I get my document back to an editable state?
0
JustWantItToWork

Chances are, there's nothing you can do other than re-create that equation.

There are various things you can do to a Word document that will cause it to
degrade equations to "pictures".  Saving in the old .doc format and editing
it in a version of Word earlier than 2007 is one.

Many users actually do it on purpose: a document containing lots of
equations is much less likely to corrupt if you convert all the equations to
pictures.

Sorry to be no help at all!

On 6/04/10 1:53 AM, in article 59bb6838.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"JustWantItToWork@officeformac.com" <JustWantItToWork@officeformac.com>
wrote:

> I created a document (.docx) using the Office 2008 version of MS Word some
> time ago (2 months or so). Recently I wanted to correct an equation in that
> document and re-opened the document (on the same system and with the "same"
> copy of Word) and attempted to double-click the equation to edit it. Instead
> of the equation editor I get the "Format Picture" dialog box. In the interim I
> did install an update (I tend to try to stay up to date) and am at 12.2.4
> (100205).
>
> The application will let me create new equations just fine. How can I get my
> document back to an editable state?

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John

MS Outlook 2007

open workbook on same worksheet
Hi, Can anybody advise how I can get my workbook to automaticaly default to a certain worksheet once opened, ie when the workbooked is opened it will always default to the 'welcome' worksheet. thanks ps I'm a novice - so go easy Excel opens workbooks with the same sheet active as when the workbook was saved. The only way around that is to use a macro to switch sheets when the workbook opens. Of course this requires that the user not disable macros. Open the VBE and select the ThisWorkbook module. Paste this code in, changing Sheet1 to your sheet: Private Sub Workbook_Ope...

Links in Outlook 2003 open Save As... dialog box
I'm not sure exactly when this started happening. Whenever I click a link in Outlook 2003 now, it opens the Save As... dialog box as well as the Website connected to the link. It doesn't matter what type of link it is; the dialog always shows up with the .exe file type selected. Any ideas? Does it oen the Save As dialog or does it open the Locate Link Browser dialog? In case of the last direct it to iexplore.exe -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "S...

MS Office 97 to MS Office 2007

MS Exange connection

How do I do word count in MS Publisher?

Address Word Letter X for Office 2004?
I've been unable to get the Address Word Letter X script to work on my new version of Office 2004. The Prefs script won't recognize my stationery file (it's grayed out). Did the revisions for scripting in Office 2004 break the script? Is there a workaround? Thanks, Steven Hi Steven, What script is this? Did you check macscripter.net to see if a new version is out? If not, your best bet is probably to go back to the ReadMe on the script and see if you can email the script writer and ask them about it. Or you could try opening up the script looking for anything obviously ...

adding a border to a text box in word
Hi, I'm trying to put a border around a text box, each time I try the border is applied to the whole page. where it says apply to: my only choice is whole document, how can i add apply to text box?? Select the box and look for things about "Outlines" rather than "Borders." (Version of Word?) On Feb 20, 11:38=A0pm, Arch <A...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, I'm trying to put a border around a text box, each time I try the bor= der > is applied to the whole page. where it says apply to: my only choice is w= hole > document, how ca...

MS Money 2005 Basics

Dr Watson if open a Shared Workbook
HI whenever i open an Excel Sheet if its Shared comes dr watson. If i disable the shared Workbook then is all ok. What i can do. Thx Chris Leave the file unshared "chris73" <stop@gmx.ch> wrote in message news:3fbc917f.0407160508.14cf9b9f@posting.google.com... : HI : whenever i open an Excel Sheet if its Shared comes dr watson. : If i disable the shared Workbook then is all ok. : : What i can do. : : Thx : Chris ...

MS CRM Certification question

Can't open Pub 97 files
Last winter, I produced 3 calendars with many scanned photos (460 MB each file) on Publisher 97. When I try to open those files now, I get this window message from Publisher: "Publisher cannot open this file. This is not a Publisher file." But they ARE Publisher files. I did not save ALL of those photos elsewhere and I need access to the calendar files in order to use the photos in other projects. PLEASE HELP!!! Have you tried reinstalling Publisher? Does the extension on the files say .pub? I will try to open the files for you if you want to send them my way. Remove ...

MS Access

Starting MS Outlook on startup
How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. > All you need to do is move the Outlook program icon to the startup group in XP. >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. >Double click My Computer, go into the C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup Place an Outlook shortcut into this folder and it will automatically startup when...

Restarting MS Money with a "correction" switch
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I currently use version 10 - 2002 Deluxe, and I need to startup MS Money = with a correction switch that I hope will correct some problems that I = have been having, but I can't seem to locate the post that talks about doing = this. Is it "msmoney.exe /s"? --=20 Russell (if replying, replace nospam with rpottharst) ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/html; c...

Alternative to Ms sql server 2005 express edition
Hello Everyone, Our server hosting providers are saying that our web site is running slow because we are using ms sql server 2005 express edition which is a free edition and had only a capacity of handling up to 4 GB data. And our database which we are currently using is now having more than 4.5 GB. Hence they recommended us to go for a paid one that is specialized edition workgroup and gave us the following link http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2008/en/us/editions.aspx to go through the comparison. The hosting providers says that it will be around 4500 rupees per month for ...

Form opens to blank record
I have a front page (a form) and my main database linked via a command button - it keeps opening on a particular record and I want it to open onto a blank record - how do I go about changing this? Thanks C (P.S. only a shakey understanding of code so if answer includes this - go easy on me and explain! Thanks) When you say: " I have a front page (a form) and my main database linked via a command button..." you are not talking about the use of Microsoft Office FrontPage, are you? http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-FrontPage-2003-OLD-VERSION/dp/B0000AZJV8 I *thi...

MS Word Problem
Hello people following problem: in a MFC MDI application one also shall Being displayed Word97 document. And but not in an external program but as a one prayed OLE object. I have managed this. The following problem lets itself be seen now: if I maximize/reduce the main window the visible range of the Word document shall adapt the visible doesn't become however if I maximize the object frame of the OLE object Range of the document changed but Word zoom lens the document. To this the one prayed window is placed so for this these force Word-Scrollbalken are no longer visible. I can ...

document in xls and cannot open without a password. How to open?
I received a document that I cannot open without a password. Do I use the password I just established? No, you use the password that the creator of the document/workbook put on it. They will provide that password to you if they want you to open the file. liha wrote: > I received a document that I cannot open without a password. Do I use the > password I just established? You must use the password that the sender used when sender saved the workbook. BTW..........how and where did you "just establish" a password? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu,...

save in differents folder each documents in WORD
Hi, I am using windows XP and Microsoft ofiice word 2003 and I would like to save automatically one document in 1 folder, but a different gropus of documents I want to save automatically in other folder (just presing save, not going every time to the specific folder), can I do that? When I change the location to save the documents it saves for every word document and I want to save to a specific folder for a group of documents and for another group of documents I want a different folder, but automatically. Thanks Andrei aberdich@gmail.com <aberdich@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, I am u...

Entourage 2008 Excel and Word
When i go to Excel or Word and select file open and all my documents show in a box-How do i delete these documents if i don't want then any longer?<br> Thank you in advance for your help. Hi Bob-- Did you recently switch to the Mac? Welcome. This is a difference between Mac and Windows, and it applies to all programs. You cannot delete a file from a File | Open or File | Save dialog. Instead, you have to switch to the Finder (the happy blue face), browse to or find your documents in a Finder window, and move them to the trash. MacOffice has no control over this--but you can le...

Auto opening of Validation list
I have a simple data validation rule applied to a cell which has the validation set as List and references approx 50 cells. What I would like to occur is that, when the sheet is selected, the drop-down list is revealed with the mouse hovering over the down arrow of the cell. Although there's no problem selecting the cell when the sheet is selected, I cannot get a macro to record the selecting of the cell dropdown list and cannot find a way to do it. It may not be possible for this to happen at all, but I would appreciate anyone's assistance if such a procedure can be done. Rob Hi ...