microsoft word 04-16-10

Version: 2008

Everytime i save a file in word or any other office application my computer seems to create another file of the same document. Therefore I have a bout 10 files which are the same and in oredr to open the right one zi have to sort out by date. Are there any  changes which have to be made to my preferences on the application or computer?
0
Kevin1974

Hi Kevin;

There's nothing about the typical individual user settings for Office or OS
X that would cause what you describe. The only thing that even comes close
is a Preferences setting in Word (only Word) to 'Always create backup copy'
but that does not apply to any of the other apps. Also, the backup copy
would be readily identifiable by its default name -- if the working file is
'abc.docx' the copy would be 'Backup of abc.docx'.

What you're describing indicates a problem of some sort with the OS or with
the manner in which you're saving your files. OS X will not permit more than
one file of a specific type to have the same name in the same folder. If you
attempt to do so you would be prompted as to whether you wanted to overwrite
the existing file. There must be something amiss, but you haven't provided
enough detail to troubleshoot it effectively.

Confirm that Office (12.2.4) & OS X (10.5.8) are fully updated, repair disk
permissions & restart your Mac. If the problem persists please submit a NEW
message with a *unique* descriptive Subject line - the use of this generic
'microsoft word' subject has caused your message to get sucked into another
thread that used the same one.

Make sure to specify your update levels in the new message as well as how
these files are being named, what their extensions are, where they are being
created, etc. Also describe exactly how you go about saving your files. Give
a step-by-step description including the specific commands you use.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 4/16/10 5:50 AM, in article 59bb7044.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Kevin1974@officeformac.com" <Kevin1974@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Everytime i save a
> file in word or any other office application my computer seems to create
> another file of the same document. Therefore I have a bout 10 files which are
> the same and in oredr to open the right one zi have to sort out by date. Are
> there any  changes which have to be made to my preferences on the application
> or computer?

0
CyberTaz

microsoft
weghtgh ...

TEST 07-31-10
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001C_01CB30CC.9E3F47C0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_001D_01CB30CC.9E3F47C0" ------=_NextPart_001_001D_01CB30CC.9E3F47C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable TEST ------=_NextPart_001_001D_01CB30CC.9E3F47C0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTM...

MS Word Fields

Creating Labels Using Word 2002
Please help. Dell tells me that I cannot use the mail merge function in Word 02 with Outlook 02 to create labels. I get stuck after selecting my contact folder with a Data Link Properties box that comes up and prevents me from finishing task. Is Dell correct and/or is there a work- around. Dell is not correct. As long as you have Outlook set up as your default mail and Contacts program and have the Outlook Address Book configured correctly in your default Outlook profile, you can do a mail merge. For an overview of these functions take a look here: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/pri...

Microsoft Promo

Server.MapPath 12-04-09
What is syntax for Server.MapPath when I am in a class module? Thanks. David Try: HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath("path"); Leszek "David C" <dlchase@lifetimeinc.com> wrote in message news:uEhqhLPdKHA.4112@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > What is syntax for Server.MapPath when I am in a class module? Thanks. > > David > "David C" <dlchase@lifetimeinc.com> wrote in news:uEhqhLPdKHA.4112 @TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl: > What is syntax for Server.MapPath when I am in a class module? Thanks. Leszek has the answe...

Cell Format 05-25-10
I want to enter <shift>: in a cell (this would be Shift Key and the colon character to enter a date). And then automatically format this cell so that the date is on one line, and the value "Critical Date" on the second line. So the cell value would look like this: 05/25/2010 Critical Date Can someone explain how to do this? If it can be done with code, I would be interested in that also... First, ctrl-: (control-colon) will enter the time, not the date. You want ctrl-; (control-semicolon) to enter the date. Second, you can use a custom number format to...

microsoft XL

Which version of Microsoft Office #2

removing the word (blank) from pivot table cells
I generated a pivot table in an excel spreadsheet. Is there any way to instruct excel not to show the word (blank) in blank cells? Thanks Select the cell that contains (blank), and type a space character. Or, if you don't want to include the data for blanks, click the dropdown arrow on the field heading, and remove the check mark from (blank). techman41973@yahoo.com wrote: > I generated a pivot table in an excel spreadsheet. > Is there any way to instruct excel not to show the word (blank) in > blank cells? > Thanks > -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book Li...

Microsoft Office 2004
Hi I have been using the microsoft office 2004 on an ibook G4 on panther for the last 6 months. Recently, it is refusing to read some of the excel and powerpoint file created on a PC under the Office 97. I can see the file name but not the icon next to it when I look under Finder. When I click on the file name, the file disappears from view completely. At first I thought it was a software issue so I re-install the Microsoft Office 2004, but the problem persists. Has anyone encountered this problem? Any suggestions to solve it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, June In artic...

Synchronizing 2 x Microsoft Outlook 2007 #2
I have MS outlook 2007 on two different PCs. How Can I synchronized the Calendars from boot Outlooks. Thanks. Locksley ...

Mac Word 2008 envelop tool
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm using an HP Laser 1022. After using the envelop tool on Mac Word 2008 the printed orientation is different from the one I see on the screen. I've experimented with many different ways to correct this but haven't found the answer. Thank goodness I have an older PC Word that works fine. Well, since you haven't specified your exact update levels & it's impossible for us to know what "different ways" you've experimented with let's start with the basics :-) First, ...

Excel formula 01-31-10
I want to get a total of range b3:af3 for cells that has s= a number ex 2,5,3 and have a formula to give me totals for those entries? ?? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:790EAF59-5BE5-46E5-97EC-13591A148CAA@microsoft.com... >I want to get a total of range b3:af3 for cells that has s= a number ex >2,5,3 > and have a formula to give me totals for those entries? Check your earlier post. Rick wrote: > > I want to get a total of range b3...

licensing question 11-16-04
Hi. Can someone briefly explain the licensing for MSCRM? Is it just like a CAL, one for every potential user? Is it per-connection or named user? Thanks, S "Scaryberry" <nope@noway.com> wrote in message news:OI6juFDzEHA.3548@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi. Can someone briefly explain the licensing for MSCRM? Is it just like > a CAL, one for every potential user? Is it per-connection or named user? > > Thanks, > > S Hi, amazing what the search button on the web groups can do. Would like to know the difference between a Sales Professional and Sa...

microsoft outlook and microsoft project
I install MS Outlook 2003, and also MS Project 2007. When I online MS Outlook, any time when there is message come in my mail box. Window display " Microsoft config gathering ms project information" Is it an installer window or a project dialog box? If installer, the Microsoft installer program is corrupt. Try Detect and Repair in Outlook or Project to stop it or just let it run and complete. If it's a project dialog box, you have some addin doing it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www....

Word Document (2003) the top margin
When I open a new Word Document, the upper margin is too large (header?), how do I change the basic template that opens? Open the template, change the margins then save the template. For the default template (normal.dot) you should be able to change the settings from the Page Setup dialog by clicking the default button there. Ensure that you save the normal template when prompted. (you will be prompted if you set tools > options save > prompt to save normal template). -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>><...

dymanics GP 10 exam MB3-528 & MB3-527
dear i planing to achieve Dynamic GP 10 Exam and i don't useing it before but i have e-learing coures for it bec iam microsoft trainer so this coures it is useful to pass in exam and collect skills form it anyone can guide me thanks my email: haitham.sayedh@hotmail.com Yes Haitham, the e-learning courses will assist you in exam preparation. On Jun 26, 6:55=A0pm, haitham sayed <haitham sayed @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > dear > i planing to achieve Dynamic GP 10 Exam > and i don't useing it before but i have e-learing coures for it >...