Mac Word 2008 envelop tool

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I'm using an HP Laser 1022. After using the envelop tool on Mac Word 2008 the printed orientation is different from the one I see on the screen. I've experimented with many different ways to correct this but haven't found the answer. Thank goodness I have an older PC Word that works fine.
0
WillyHank

Well, since you haven't specified your exact update levels & it's impossible
for us to know what "different ways" you've experimented with let's start
with the basics :-)

First, make sure that Office 2008 is fully updated to 12.2.3 & that you're
at 10.6.2 for OS X. Equally important, check the mfr's web site for an
updated printer driver -- that's usually the major contributor to any
printing problems. Run Disk Utility - Repair Disk permissions & restart
after any updating.

If you still have the problem after confirming the updates please reply with
specific details of your Print settings, whether you're using the Tools>
Envelopes feature or a Merge to envelopes, etc. Any information you can
supply is potentially important.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/6/10 4:23 PM, in article 59bb2601.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"WillyHank@officeformac.com" <WillyHank@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I'm using an HP Laser 1022. After using the envelop tool on Mac Word 2008 the
> printed orientation is different from the one I see on the screen. I've
> experimented with many different ways to correct this but haven't found the
> answer. Thank goodness I have an older PC Word that works fine.

0
CyberTaz

Powerpoint 2008 crashing/quitting and Update not installing
Hi there, just bought Office 2008 for Mac and powerpoint is crashing all the time- I'm using some movies in the presentation. This is maddening. So, I downloaded the latest update (SP1) as well as update 12.1.9, and neither will install- I get this error message: "You cannot install Office 2008 12.1.9 Update on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume." Just installed Office 2008, legit version with serials and everything, works fine (except for powerpoint issue). So what software am I missing, and why can't I...

How do I create forms in Word?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I want to create a form for a golf tournament in Word? How do I do that? I need to be able to have participants input data into the correct fields without the format being messed up and then I want them to be able to email it to me. Any suggestions? ...

Insert flash MX .swf files into PowerPoint 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I know how to insert a .swf file into powerpoint for PC but cannot figure out how to do it for PowerPoint:2008 for MAC. Any suggestions? ctspenn@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) > Processor: Power PC > > I know how to insert a .swf file into powerpoint for PC but cannot figure out how to do it for PowerPoint:2008 for MAC. Any suggestions? Hi, Some old swf files can be handled by QuickTime, which is what PowerPoint uses for movie files. However, most s...

Color Pick Tool in Publisher
Is there a color picker tool in Publisher analogous to that of the one in Paint? Free color picker, small utility. http://www.nattyware.com/pixie.html -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jon" <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB7087C2-8C20-4393-88EA-EDC7910416FD@microsoft.com... > Is there a color picker tool in Publisher analogous to that of the one in > Paint? Mary, don't you just love that free little nattyware program. I use it all the time to match colors. "...

Reserved Words Issue
Hi All, I have a query which runs fine and returns what I want to see from a table with columns using the words "Full" and "Function" which I did not realise were reserved words in access. When i add a text box to a report with the code DLookUp("Full Function","Year To Date Summary") it returns the #error message in the text box, is there anyway around this problem so that I can use these words? I really dont want to have to change all the database etc. Thanks On 9 jan, 13:39, blake7 <bla...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi...

Return address doesn't show on the envelope
When I try to fill out a mail envelope, the name and address shows, but my return name and address doe not appear on the envelope. Does it print if you insert a standard sheet of plain paper? Is your address configured in the User Information of Word's options? See also http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm and http://www.gmayor.com/Alternative_Return_Addresses.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web s...

OWA ADMIN TOOL
I am looking for any updated information regarding greyed out options when I am using the OWAADMIN tool. Like other posts, most options are greyed out. I am running the tool on my FE server. Do I need to run it on a BE server also? T ...

copying word tables that have carriage returns in a cell
Is there a way to properly copy table cell data containing 'internal' carriage returns into an equivalent cell in Excel? "Pete Webb", In the (Edit >>) Replace dialog in Word 6, there's a More button. Click it & there's a Special button. One option is manual line break, selecting this puts the relevant character into the Find What box. Replace with something unique, eg: $$$. Copy the table. In Excel, (Edit >>) Paste Special as Text. Then Replace again ; Find What = $$$. Click in the Replace With box, type 0013 on the number keypad while holding dow...

AUTD Troubleshootin tool error
Hello, I am receiving an error when I try to run the AUTD tool I downloaded from Technet. Once installed and created the virtual directory in IIS everything seems fine. After launching the site on my IE browser and upon entering the credentials on the form, the following error appears. "The specified user either does not exist or is not provisioned for AUTD". I have not had any luck finding any information from the web thus far. Does someone have a solution to this problem, or am I missing a link? Any information is appreciated. Thank you -- MCSE/MCSA A+ Network+ -- MCSE...

How do you remove a paragraph border in Word 2007?
Hello: I went Page Layout tab, Page Borders, Borders Tab, clicked Box, clicked the drop down menu and selected Apply to Paragraph, clicked OK. I have a border around my text. However, as I didn't choose the custom border, there is a bottom border line where the paragraph spans more than one page. the result is that I'll have a border on one page and a border around the remaining part of the paragraph on the next page. I know how to take care of this problem. However, to get there, I need to get rid of the border. Thanks for your consideration. John ...

Microsoft Office Mac 2004
Hi, ( please use this email to reply - jemarrero@jrorganicsfarm.com ) I bought a used disc for the 2004 office mac. The program appears to work fine for all my needs except that I have absolutely no function capability for my files. I cannot delete, rename, move, send to, drag, click. Just wherever I save them, that's where they remain...forever. I have a PowerBook G4, version 10.4.11. Let me know if you need any more info. I've searched online and several blogs and I cannot even find where anyone has had this problem. Hope you can help. Thanks. JoanE Well, f...

No Paste Options Button
When I paste text, the paste options button does not appear. Under Word Options -> Advanced -> Cut,Copy, & Paste I have checked "Show Paste Options buttons." Any insight appreciated. I've read that some add-ins--particularly those that take charge of your defaults--can prevent the paste options button from appearing. Do you have an add-in called "set default view" or something similar? If so, try removing the add-in and see if that fixes it. Sometimes, turning it on/off can spontaneously fix a stuck registry setting. I.e., turn the settin...

Use Word 2002 as default Outlook editor
When using Outlook 2003 I don't have the option to use word 2002 as an editor for messages. Is this possible? No. Versions *must* match. You need to upgrade Word. <mark_smith@cargilldow.com> wrote in message news:7d0601c49552$c2c89a40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > > When using Outlook 2003 I don't have the option to use > word 2002 as an editor for messages. Is this possible? We are currently using office XP with Outlook 2003. What will happen if we upgrade to office 2003? will it cause problems with other people using office 2002? >-----Original Message----- &...

missing toolbar in Word's Help screen
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC When I try to access the Help system from Word 2008 (or Excel, for that matter), there is no toolbar at the top of the Help screen--there's no Search box, Topics, Back/Forward, Home, or Print buttons. The PowerPoint Help screen, on the other hand, does have its toolbar. I'm on a Mac PowerPC G4 running OS 10.4.11. <br><br>How can I make the toolbar available for Word's and Excel's Help screens? Click the oblong button at the right end of the Help window's Title Bar. HTH |:>) ...

how to select just a word by a double click in a textbox?
hi from a newbee As said in the title : how to select just a word by a double click in a textbox and show it in a label. I tried a lot of thing without success. Can somebody help me showing me good links or else? thanks -- The short form of the answer is: in the MouseDoubleClick event handler for your textbox (TTT), set text property of your label (LLL) to the selected text in TTT, eg by LLL.Text = Trim(TTT.SelectedText) The purpose of Trim() is that the default function of double click is to select the word under the cursor and all trailing spaces. I checked...

Emailing Word doc as an attachment
Hi everyone and thanks for any help you can offer. One of you guys always seems to have the answer I need. I'm running XP Pro and Office 2007. I have my email set up in Outlook so that when I create a new blank email it already has my signature block in the document. When I'm working in Word and want to send the doc I'm working as an email attachment, I go to the MS button, select Send as an attachment and it opens a blank Email message with the Word doc already attached. Great - except the email message does not have my default signature block. Is there some ...

Can't open office documents from my emails until word is openned f
When I try to open a word document or excel spreadsheet that is saved as an attachement to an email, I get the message: Windows cannot find ‘c:/users/mona/appdata/local\microsoft\windows\temporary internet files\low\content.IE5\SB2EHHFL\xxx[1].xls\’ Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. If I open Word or Excel before clicking on the attachement to open it, then it works. This problem only happens when using my laptop which is running Windows Vista and office 2007. I do not have any problems with this on our desktop which is running XP and office 2003. Wo...

How to transfer a Word 2002 doc to Windiws Live web site.
I hav e edited a tutorial in Word 2002 and now I want to publish it with Windows Live and I don't know how to do. Last time I used Windows Live was two years ago and there has been a huge change since then. I have downloaded "workspace" too but I'm not sure if I should start writing a new web site there or somewhere else. Is the old starting page gone? Where do I find all web tools? Many questions need great help. This isn't the place to ask questions about Windows Live (this is a newsgroup about Word). Instead, log in at http://home.live.com and then try He...

Changing default indents for lists (Word 2007)
In previous versions of Word this was relatively easy. I'm pretty adept with Office products, but as far as I can see this is no longer possible. Can someone confirm or enlighten me? I don't like the indents that Word 2007 imposes on bulleted and numbered lists -- it wastes a lt of space and for me is difficult to visually scan. I prefer my first levels of bullets (or numbers) to appear so that the bullet is lined up with the left margin with a hanging indent of 0.25". Then I like the second level of bullets to be at 0.25" with a hanging indent of 0.5", ...

Table of Contents for Word 2007
I can't seem to add an item to an existing Table of Contents in Word 2007. I can add the text - but the 'Ctrl + Click to follow' does not show up on the text. You add items to the TOC by adding headings in the document, then updating the TOC field, not by adding to the TOC manually. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "brewster56" <brewster56@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B60388B-46A2-4DA5-A453-63F44002AE07@microsoft.com... >I can't seem to add an it...

SBS 2008 as an ESXi guest
(I apologize for posting here, but the VMware support sites are not helping at this point.) ESXi 4.0. Brand new Dell PE server. 64-bit. VT properly set. Attempting an SBS 2008 R2 install. Everything works great during the install. Several reboots including those for updates, etc. BUT...when I shut the VM down and start it up again, it BSODs with: STOP: c00002e2 Directory Services could not start because of the following error: A device attached to the system is not functioning. Error Status: 0xc0000001 I next boot into DSRM and attempt to run both esentutl and ntdsuti...

Access and sql server 2008
Hell All, I just bought sql server 2008 and want to upsize my Access 2003 db to it. I have tried many ways to connect to this but I cant get access to conect to it. It actually doesnt even beleive I have a server. What on earth am I dong wrong? thanks all You need to tell us what you've tried. "Many ways" doesn't give us much to go on. Try building an ODBC named connection (DSN) to a SQL-Server database. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com <d9pierce@mchsi.com> wrote in message news:3...

Where did word count go in Outlook 2007?
There used to be a feature under Tools that allowed you to count the characters in a highlighted portion of text (similar to the len= formula in Excel). Does anyone know if this is doable in Outlook 2007? Yes, its on the Spelling button at the end of the message ribbon. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRI...

Importing Word to Excel
Hello! I have a list of names and adresses in a word document that look lik this: Doctor John Smith Director Hospital of Hurt People 4556 Bittersweet Lane Town, State xxxxxx I am now compiling another list of names and adresses and entering th data immediately into Excel (file attached). What I would like to do is merge the two lists into one and eliminat any duplicates. The goal is to print mailing labels. Could someone point me in the right direction? Also, should I be using Access instead of Excel -- Project ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Pr...