Lines of text disappearing in Word Tables

Version: 2008

Hi, <br>
I'm having a weird issue with text within tables in my word document.  For some reason, if I delete the last row of a table that I'm working on, the previous row's text disappears.  What's even more strange is that the first line of text disappears if there are two lines of text in the row, and the second row is fine.   <br><br>Any help would be greatly appreciated!
0
angelique

Sorry, not enough detail to answer.

1)  Select the entire row and choose Edit>Clear>Clear Formatting.

Now what happens?

2)  Select the entire table and choose Table>Convert>Table to Text.

Then, without moving the selection, Table>Convert>Text to Table.

That re-creates the table.  How is it now?

I suspect you have nested rows and columns in the table so that whenever you
touch a cell, it hits rows you were not expecting.

Cheers

On 22/02/10 11:59 AM, in article 59bb33ed.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"angelique@officeformac.com" <angelique@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Hi,
> I'm having a weird issue with text within tables in my word document.  For
> some reason, if I delete the last row of a table that I'm working on, the
> previous row's text disappears.  What's even more strange is that the first
> line of text disappears if there are two lines of text in the row, and the
> second row is fine.

matters unless you intend to pay!

 --

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word); Consultant Technical Writer,
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia.

0
John
2/24/2010 2:08:39 AM
The PC version is Word 2007 but I don't have the detail update info.
0
glane
3/23/2010 6:53:52 PM
Check that PC Word is fully up-to-date.

They had a bug that used to cause this.  It was cured with one of their
updates.

Cheers

On 24/03/10 5:53 AM, in article 59bb33ed.3@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"glane@officeformac.com" <glane@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I'm having the exact same problem over multiple documents with a variety of
> styles, fonts, and never any nested tables.  Some were originally created in
> Word 2008, and then revised on a PC version of Word, and some were originally
> created on the PC version, but so far I've only seen it AFTER the document has
> been saved using the PC version.
>
> The consistent symptom is that the last row of the table on a page is missing
> most of the text (there are always a few words of text remaining).  if I add a
> row beneath the problem row, the text reappears.  It doesn't appear to be a
> style problem. I can clear all formatting and the problem continues.  Saving
> as .doc vs. .docx doesn't make a difference.
>
> My version is Word 2008 12.2.4.
> The PC version is Word 2007 but I don't have the detail update info.

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

-1
John

Pivot Table: use a field in two different places
Two related questions: 1. Is there anyway to display a field in two different places. For example, I want to put a date field in the page part of pivot table. However, I also want that same date field in the row area. So when I choose "all" dates on the page filter, I will be able to see the individual dates in the row as well. Right now when I try to add the field, it takes it out of where it used to be. i.e., when I add to the page, the row field disappears. 2. I want to group dates by month. But I also want to display the individual dates in the row area righ...

How To Type a simple 5 page Sales Letter with Text Only
I'm BRAND new to this. ..and so lost. I simply want to type a 5 page sales letter on blank paper with nothing on it but text. Can't find any letterheads that don't have a design on them. Thanks. Diane After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Diane <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I'm BRAND new to this. ..and so lost. I simply want to > type a 5 page sales letter on blank paper with nothing on > it but text. I would recommend Microsoft Word for this. Publisher is more oriented around designs that have more than o...

Table all in uppercase when imported into Access
I am importing a Dbase III table into MS Access, All of the text fields are in uppercase (Approximately 17,000 records). My question is how can I convert all of the text fields to lower case with only the first letter of the field in Upper case such as name, address, city and state fields? THERE'S NO EASY WAY There's No EASY Way <g> You can write a VBA routine or function using UCase or LCase (convert case), and Left$, Mid$, Right$, Instr, or Split to pull the string apart, or StrConv(string, vbProperCase) might be a good one. The trouble with names and addresses, is th...

How can I get a combo box to get data based on a text box?
Hi, I have a text box that looks up an ID number from a table. I want the User to type in an ID and then have a combo box on the same form that gives a list of dates that correspond to that ID in the text box. Right now, the combo box displays all the dates from all the ID's. I want it to only show the dates that are linked to that ID. Please help, Thanks Use the text box's AfterUpdate event to modify the combo box's RowSource property: Me.ComboBox1.RowSource = "SELECT ... FROM ... WHERE FieldID=" & Me.TextID & ";" tyler.deutsch@gmail.com wrote...

Multi Table Queries
At my job, I use enter data through generated queries. However it appears that I can only ENTER data in a query when it is based on two tables. If it is three or more, it doesn't let me enter any info. Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? -Pete Pete wrote: >At my job, I use enter data through generated queries. However it appears >that I can only ENTER data in a query when it is based on two tables. If it >is three or more, it doesn't let me enter any info. > >Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? Yes, that's common. You should only edit data ...

Text to Columns 06-01-10
Hi. I have a column where I have names and surnames. I want to put name in one column and surname in anoter column. In order to do this, I use Text to Columns, but I have the following issue: if the cell contains for example Juan Pérez, it works ok, but when the cell contains Juan De los Santos, it assumes there are three surnames, and then put me one word in each column. This is the result, with the example mentioned: A B C D Juan Pérez Juan De los Santos How can I indicate that...

Merging "space" and character into existing text cell
I would like to merge text into an existing cell with text. However, I need to add a space and the dash " - " character to the existing text before I do this. Is there a formula for this process? Thanks. If your existing text is in A1, your text to add in B1 then in C1 you could use, =A1&" - "&B1 This adds the space before the hyphen and after the hyphen. HTH Steve -- SteveG ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SteveG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=7571 View this thread: ...

Can you make a Rule to test the absence of words?
Outlook 2003. Is there a way to create a rule that tests for the absence of words or phrases? For example, "move the email to x folder if the subject does NOT include "word y". Yes, you can construct a rule with no conditions, a move action, and an = "except if subject contains word y" exception condition.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcod...

Grid lines
I am using Office XP. I am working with word and I inserted a table and a pasted images into each cell. Now I am copying the whole document and I am pasting into PAINT. Now I hide the gridlines in word bur when I paste into Paint some of the grid lines still show up. Why? Sol Likely because it is an Image, the grids are still there, just not visible in Word. S1L1Y1 wrote: > I am using Office XP. I am working with word and I inserted a table and a > pasted images into each cell. Now I am copying the whole document and I am > pasting into PAINT. Now I hide the ...

Purchase Resolution Tables
PRW tables in Great Plains - are these tables temporary tables populated only when the purchase resolution is run? Im asking because i want to extract data in crystal from the PRW40034 table but cant seen any PRW tables via crystal. Thanks Theo :) I reckon these PRW tables are names of once before existing tables in earlier versions of GP - i believe the tables I want are the MPO tables If this is 100% (im at about 95% with this) its a shame MBS havent cleared up the table list to NOT show tables that are no longer used. Theo :) "Theo" wrote: > PRW tables in Great Plains -...

Outlook erased on Word repair
I had a glitch in Word xp that I elected to do a quick detect & repair on... only to find that it nuked my Outlook completely away! Nuked hundreds and hundreds of email addresses, and thousands of email's, important clips, attachments, and the lot. Gone. Way to f'n go microsoft. I'm switching to Eudora... What kind of an irresponsible piece of f'n crap this has become. This is akin to my car's radio getting a stuck Cd in it, and the result is having the car's engine vertically eject through the hood. Absolute, unmittigated dung. For years I used to work...

Translating Dialog text
Hello, Firstly I am new to MFC so apologies for what is I am assuming a very basic question! Summary: I am writing an MFC application which contains one simple dialog and up to 6 message boxes. I need to provide the application in both English and German. The dialog contains a title and static text, both of which will need to be translated. The buttons on the dialog will also need to be translated. The 6 message boxes contain text to be translated, titles to be translated and the button names must also be transated. In total there will only be about 10 strings to be translated. My questions ...

One table
HELP!! I am receiving the following XML: <A> <B> <C></C> <D> <C></C> </D> </B> </A> where element <C> is nested with both elements <B> and <D>. If I try to generate a dataset so I can load the XML, I get an error saying "The same table (C) cannot be the child table in two nested relations." Does anyone know what the XML schema needs to be in order to create a dataset that will load this XML??? .. ...

HTML Table Selection
Can any one tell me how to select a single column of a table in HTML page. If u select a column now, from the next row onwards all the cells will be selected. I want only the particular column. How to do that? ...

extract text from html files #3
Looking to do this with a macro I guess. I need to do lioke 20,000 + of these, So doing 1 bty one, isn't what I am looking for. Please help, Need to figure this out. Even if it can not be done easily or by me. Let me know who I can ask if they can do a program, etc.. for this. Thanks again, Glowinafuse -- Glowinafuse ...

body of email disappears when I send an email from Excel
when I am in Excel and I email a spreadsheat to someone as an attachement I always include a message in the email. I send it without a problem, it seems. When I check the sent message, the body of the email is no longer there and it wasn't sent to the receipient. HELP!!!! Thanks A ...

how do I get rid of ###### that appear instead of text in excel?
I used to know how to do this, but I've forgotten...grr...how do I get rid of those nasty ######### that appear in the fields instead of what I enter...the correct words appear up in the input header, but the field just shows a series of pound signs...thanks! Change the format of the cell from text to general. If text is between 256 and 1024 characters in length and the cell is formatted as text you the ###. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "rocker22042" wrote: > I used to know how to do this, but I've forgotten...grr...how do I get rid of > those nast...

Data value display attributes linked to table attributes
Is there a way to cause data value points to take on attributes such as bold, italic or color set at the table from which they are derived? For example, suppose I was charting hits at several web sites as function of time, and the some characteristic of the site was being altered back and forth (say font "A" and font "B") as part of an experiment. I can easily produce a line graph x=hits y=time for the various sites, but these is no way to visualize which condition (A or B) was in effect at each data value point. I'd like to be able to display the portion of each li...

Defect in word 2007 to Word 2003 converter
I have recently run into an issue with the .docx to .doc converter in word 2003. I was curious if anyone else has run into this issue - I have not found any posts adressing this. The problem is as follows: Word 2007 document With an OLE embeded .doc > 25 MB Saves and opens fine in word 2007. When the .docx file is opened in Word2003, the embeded ole object icon is present, but when the user clicks on the icon to open it, only the "Format Picture" dialog box appears. If the user using word2003 saves the document at this point, the data in the embeded document ...

How to delete a text object?
I can delete most objects by selecting them and pressing the Delete key. If I do that with a text object, the Delete key deletes a character in the text inside the object. I have found that I can right-click the object and then select Delete Object or I can press the Detele key while holding down the Shift key. Is there a setting that will make Publisher select just the object with the first click and the text with a second click? Visio works this way and it's much easier for me -- maybe because I'm usdd to it. -- Running Publisher 2K SP-3 in Office 2K OS: Win 2K SP-4 (5.00.2195) ...

Summarising info from a table with 2 variables
Hello, I'm trying to find a way of automatically interrogating info from a table with a series of data in columns, including MONTH and TEAM. The table records site visits, with each line recording a separate visit. In particular, I want to be able to automatically calculate the number of visits achieved by each team per month. At the moment, I can't figure out how to get it to look at all the variables. A colleague suggested a pivot table, but I can't make that work either. Please help! Many thanks. Post a small sample of your data, together with details of...

How do I set up filter for page fields in pivot table?
I have a fantastic pivot table that I built that I use to answer questions from by customers. However, the questions are often varied and I find it difficult to easily select and de-select data. Is there a way to filter the page fields in a pivot table. For example, I might need to go from seeing all the data for one plant to the data for one material at all the plants. I have over a thousand materials, over a hundred plants. So, going from one set to data to the other is taking some time because I have to select and de-select so many individual items. I would really like to add a...

Word 2003 & Word 2007
I discovered quick picks in 2007. My question is, is there are similar feature in Word 2003? thanks, -- In Word 2003 there is AutoText; Quick Parts / Building Blocks are an extension of the AutoText feature in Word 2007. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "TarynB" <TarynB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E34F2982-1DE3-4838-923B-6DAFA503CB66@microsoft.com... >I discovered quick picks in 2007. My question is, is there are similar > feature in Word 2003? > > thanks, > -- > ...

Formating a Table that's nested in a FormView
I have a table that's located in the ItemTemplate and EditTemplate. Each table has the same name. I'm trying to format the BgColor of a specific color on PreRender. I know how to access the colomn properties if it were on the page, but once it goes in to a formview I can't seem to find it. How can I access a table that's nested in a FormView? "Dave" <Dave.Burkett@Jacobs.com> wrote in message news:b688bab9-90b6-46b0-828b-71780ffcfb86@k17g2000yqb.googlegroups.com... >I have a table that's located in the ItemTemplate and EditTemplate. > E...

CUSTOM TEXT FORMATTING???
My cell has 8 mixed characters of numbers and letters. I need to have a hyphen "-" after the first 4 characters in a column. Can I make a custom text format so no matter what I enter a hyphen is automatically inserted? How do I do that? JLC Hi this could only be done with VBA, using an event procedure (as you have text and numbers in your cell). e.g. put the following code in your worksheet module (not in a standard module): Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:A100"...