Layout View

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC

This is a new issue beginning yesterday  when using Word and I'm creating a NEW document text cannot be seen in the PAGE LAYOUT view.  TEXT IS being entered when I type but it is INVISIBLE nor can I see the cursor.  (FYI, my text color is black and my background color is white.)  When I switch to Outline or Normal views I can then see what text I've typed.  Also, if I open documents I created prior to this issue I can see the text just fine in Page Layout view.  I suspect a setting has changed but I've not found any setting that corrects this issue.
0
jnkirkland

Make certain that Office & OS X are both fully updated. Repair disk
permissions & try restarting your Mac to see if that corrects it.

If not, there is no "setting" that makes text visible in some views but not
in others. Try the suggestion here for testing your Normal template:

http://word.mvps.org/mac/MacWordNormal.html

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/6/10 9:16 AM, in article 59bb9721.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"jnkirkland@officeformac.com" <jnkirkland@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC This
> is a new issue beginning yesterday  when using Word and I'm creating a NEW
> document text cannot be seen in the PAGE LAYOUT view.  TEXT IS being entered
> when I type but it is INVISIBLE nor can I see the cursor.  (FYI, my text color
> is black and my background color is white.)  When I switch to Outline or
> Normal views I can then see what text I've typed.  Also, if I open documents I
> created prior to this issue I can see the text just fine in Page Layout view.
> I suspect a setting has changed but I've not found any setting that corrects
> this issue.

0
CyberTaz

Switching between view on SDI with or without docview support
I have another question about how to switch between views. On my last project we wrote a SDI application entirely built with views, it means that we don't use CDialog at all even for error message. It was a bit difficult because to handle all these views we had to keep information about them. For instance we have a structure like this CViewMgr::ViewInfo g_ViewInfo[] = { { CViewMgr::MAIN_VIEW, CViewMgr::CREATE_ONCE, IDR_MAINFRAME, RUNTIME_CLASS(CMainView), NULL,0 }, { CViewMgr::WELCOME_VIEW, CViewMgr::CREATE_AND_DESTROY, IDR_MENU_OKCANCEL, RUNTIME_CLASS(CWelcomeView), NULL,0 }...

wbs layout
hi. i've created a wbs chart in visio(2003) based on info in ms project (2003). problem is that although they are ordered sequentially they are not charted sequentially in visio. children belong to correct parents but numbering could be 1.4 then 1.1 then 1.6 etc. is there anyway i can correct this issue ? cheers. ...

Add images locally, view over network
I am developing an Access 2003 application where users must insert their signature (as an image) onto a form. Each user would have their signature stored as an image on the C:\ drive of their computer. This image is added to an imagebox by using the FilePicker dialog. I can view the signature that I added off of my C:\ drive but it is not viewable on other users computer's. I am concerned about storing my signature in a shared network directory. How can I have users add an image from their C:\ drive and have other users view this signature when the form is opened over the networ...

Can I view appointments by category?
I need to track vacation days used. Right now I have each employee set up as a different category. Is there anyway that I can view appointments by category so that I can see how many days have been used? Use the By Category view. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll:...

from view of outlook
as i set my outlook to from view and received emails from different peoples but some time when any of the contacts change their display name outlook shows the email from that contact also with different names.ex: one email received with display name of imam.dino/sales & distribution/sukkur and second email received with the display name of imam.dino/sales & Distribution/ outlook shows both emails one by one in from view why the emails received from same address show differently or one by one.secondly can i move the email from one name to another name with same email addr...

layout
Hi. I've created a spread sheet that contains a very long list going across in columns , dates going down in rows. For easy data input, I've shaded every second column in yellow. The problem is, if at some stage, I need to insert a new column, I end up with either 2 clear columns or 2 yellow ones (depending where I insert it), then have to spend ages rearranging all the columns to have alternate colours. Also if I need to paste or move the contents of a cell, it takes the shade with it, which is fine if you're putting it in a cell with the same colour. Am I making sense? I&#...

Inline View
Email in outlook 2000 and 2002 sent out in html with pictures embedded is received both as inline view and with the images as attachment. How can it be received only as inline? Many thanks. ...

Background colors of rows/columns in View
It would be a very nice feature if it was possible to set the colors of rows/columns in the view settings, based on field values. Example: In the order view: Rows have Red background color (or letters) if the due date is this week, and blue background color if the due date is not this week. Somewhat similar to the settings options in Outlook. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow th...

Attendess cannot view resources
I have an issue with Outlook 2003. At my place of work, when meetings are set-up the relevent people are invited as attendees (obviously), but resources (such as a driver or a laptop) are also booked through the appointment. However, when the attendees view the appointment in their diary it does not list the resources as booked under 'scheduling', so they cannot see if the resource has been booked. Is there a way I can change this so that invited attendees can quickly look at the appointment in their diary to view if the resource has been booked? ...

Custom View
Custom Views is a very interesting capability. That said, Excel does not provide a way to modify a view then save it. Currently, one has to: - delete a view - set it back up with the modifications (which can take considerable time) - then save it Does anyone have a VBA or other solution to this challenge? TIA Dennis I could show a view, make modifications and then use that same name when I "create" a new view. Manually, excel gives me a warning, but via a macro, it didn't. This kind of code worked ok: Option Explicit Sub createAtestView() With ActiveSheet .Ra...

"auto capitalize" first letter in notebook layout
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel while typing notes most of the time the first word i type will always auto capitalize wether it be at beginning of paragraph, new bullet, new sentence, etc. you get the idea. i have recently ran into an issue where it will be "auto capitalizing" fine, then i will look up and mid way thru my notes it just stopped doing this... i did not stop typing or make any format changes. did not switch views, NOTHING... literally was typing several bullets and topics and randomly mid way thru it stop. this has happened a fe...

wordart layout issue
I've used Wordart in a header in Word. Then: Format/Autoshape/Layout/Advanced/Text Wrapping/Through. Now, I'd like to select and modify the Wordart but I can no longer select it. I've tried Select Object, double-click, etc., can't select it. Any ideas how to select it? Use the white select arrow on the drawing toolbar. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ...

Outlook Forms View
I'm facing a strange issue i'm sending a form thru outlook 2003 but not able to see any thing in the mail untill i open it in some cases it is going as blank mail can some one pl help me out as it is urgent hampering work... ...

View Attachments INline
Is it possible to view attachments (such as pictures) inline in Outlook 2003? Like how OE 6 does? Thanks In Advance, BTJustice No, not an Outlook feature. =20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Buford T. Justice asked: | Is it possible to view attachments (such as pictures) inline in | Outlook 2003? Like how OE 6 does? |=20 | Thanks In Advance, | BTJustice See http://www.collaborativeinnovations.ca/produ...

XL producing bizarre page layouts
I've been working on a 12-page worksheet for several days with Excel 2003, running XP, SP1. This morning, when I attempted to print it, the 12 pages printed out as three pages, with the pages printijng landscape orientation, but in tiny size down the left margin. I saw that Page Setup was set to "Fit to: 1 to 1," but the "Adjust to:" setting above--while unchecked--was set to 10%, so I tried to set it to 100%. I also experience the page allowing only the page width, about 7.5 inches, though it is printing in landscape. In other words, a wide column that previously had...

Newbie-layout
I've never used Publisher before and have created a postcard that has a message/picture on the "front" of the card. Is there a template to create the return address and to address on the back of the card where I am going to put the stamp? Also, do I have to make a seperate card for the back and after printing the front of the card, flip the paper over to print the address lines/stamp area on the back? Thanks in advance. Jeff You need to setup a merge for the addresses. It is a separate publication. You will not have to merge the return address, type it into a text box,...

Contact fields don't show data on Task View.
Hello, I have task that are linked back to contacts by the contact field at the bottom right corner of the task entry form. The problem is when I am in the task view screen and try to add any field from the contact screen like company name,contact phone number using the field chooser. It drops the field on the view but never has any data in it. Is there a way to do this? Outlook 2003 Windows XP Pro Thanks, -- gambit Those fields aren't available on Tasks. Just because you link a contact to a task, it doesn't mean the rest of the contact fields are linked to the task or visib...

Extender views to be linked to SOP_HDR_WORK table for reports
Dear All, I have created an extender window for sales transaction entry window and saved the data in that extender and later created a view of that extender window and now i want to link this veiw to SOP_HDR_WORK table to utilized the extender fields in the sales order reports but in the link table area I could not find this view. So kindly guide me about how to link this enxtender winow to gp tables. Your immediate reply will be highly appreciated. Thanx in advance. -- Developer Please ignore the below question because just now I found the solution which is RW functi...

SQL Views
Good Afternoon, Does anyone know a SQL view script to extract the following from GP using Horizons: 1. Display A/R Past Dues in three segments, 0-30 DAY, 31-60 Days and 61-90 Days and above. List should include Invoice #, Invoice Date, Invoice # and Cutomer #. 2. Display raw material that has no activity in the last 12 months and on-hand above "0'. Many thanks, Nava Nava, For the second item, see the 'Obsolete Inventory Report' thread below. Mohammad posted a query that may be of help to you. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics...

I would like to view my appointments in time of day order.
No matter which way i try I simply cannot arrange for my appointments to be viewed on monthly calendar view showing appointments in time order. Several appointments are re-occurring and they appear to take over the whole calender as they are also colour coded. I use this calendar as a rota for shift work and need to have it in time order. Anyone got any ideas? I used to have the same problem with Outlook 2003 - thought it would have changed by now?? All day events are always listed first in month view, then timed appointments, based on their start time. If you don't wan...

Design view arrange
Hello, I am trying to make a custom report in design view, but I want a group of text boxes that have the OnGrow property set to yes, not to affect the bottom one that I have put them far from them. The thing is that in print preview, when the fields grow, I want a few textboxes to stay in place (fixed). Is there a possibility to do that? Thanks! You can set the section's Grow property to No even if a control's grow property is set to yes. Access is very helpful and automatically sets the section's grow property to Yes whenever a control's property is s...

reading layout
Went from Wordperfect to Word this week, only thing I can't locate is the postion reading on the bottom of my screen to tell me where exactly I'm at in my document, been all over in tools and can't locate where to turn it on. Thanks Assuming this is Word 2007, right-click the status bar; on the context menu, you can choose exactly what you want displayed. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Angie" <Angie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B84C2BAD-4594-46E7-BAF7-55632DB946F2@microsoft.com... > Went from Wordperfect to Word...

Views #2
I have created a view buy using define view in outlook 2003. I am trying to define a view by conversation and sort by subject line. No matter what I do I can't get it to sort correctly. Any ideas? thanks, Kamran Sorts within grouped views appear to be broken in 2003. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Kamran" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49b001c4736a$1a202b60$a501280a@phx.gbl... >...

auto sizing data grid view
hi folks, i am bit new to vb.net. My issue is, I have placed a datagridview control on my win form. I am loading data into it as per user selection from combo box. but issue is only few records are visible on form, to view other record i have to manually click on vertical scroll bars. Is there any way to fit the datagridview to show all records without using scroll bars? On 3/26/2010 7:34 AM, sajit wrote: > hi folks, > i am bit new to vb.net. My issue is, I have placed a datagridview > control on my win form. I am loading data into it as per user > selection from combo ...

Can't Modify a PWA View
When I attempt to add an enterprise text field to Projects or Project Center views, the system returns this error: Project Center cannot access the project(s) you are trying to view. It is most likely that you either don't have permissions to view the project, another user has deleted this project(s) before you were able to view it or that another user is in the process of publishing the project. But since I am the only user and I have administrator rights I just do not understand why I get this error. I can add the very same field to My Work views. Thanks David:...