language setting

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Intel

I am unable to change the language on my documents. I no longer see the language icon under Tools. How can I change the language?
0
jegarcia

You Can use Tools>Customise to reset your menu so the option comes back.

Hit Tools>Customise... and you should be OK from there.

Cheers

On 25/02/10 1:46 AM, in article 59bb36d1.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"jegarcia@officeformac.com" <jegarcia@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I am
> unable to change the language on my documents. I no longer see the language
> icon under Tools. How can I change the language?

matters unless you intend to pay!

 --

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word); Consultant Technical Writer,
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia.

0
John

spell check wrong language
Suddenly my spell check changed from english to french. I can't change it back to english because french is the ONLY option in the drop down list in Outlook / Options / Spelling. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2006/20061228.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM "I&q...

Setting up an Away Message/Out of the Office Feature
We are not currently set up to automatically send and receive messages on a schedule, but are willing to do so when we are out of the office so that we can send a return message that we are out of the office. We have tried the Help option - that tells us to go to Tools than click Office Assistant, however there is not an office assistant tab. We have Microsoft Outlook 2002. Thanks - Jeanne Hi Jeanne I had the same problem when I tried this and it turns out that I did not have the assistants installed. Also, I think I needed to have Microsoft Exchange running in order to use this ...

How do I set up a cumulative column, without entering it manually
I am setting up a cumulative column in excel and I'm having to enter it manually. Is there a way to do this quickly without having to do it manually. Assume your data is in Column A. In B1, enter: =A1 In B2, enter: =B1+A2 Fill down as far as you need -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "LG" <LG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D609313-68B1-4CD4-B96C-0370C7E25C3A@microsoft.com... >I am setting up a cumulative column in excel and I'm having to enter it > manually. Is there a way to do this quickly without having to do it >...

How do I change the language of a company with a language pack ?
Hi, I installed an english language pack on an existing crm server, logged into the crm website I wish to have in english, I go to settings languages, activate the english language, and nothing changes.. Whats the additional step i need ? Thanks Dan Hi Dan, You need to browse to the "Personalize Workplace" link on the Workplace tab, and set your User Interface Language to English on the Languages tab. Hope this helps. Regards, Shubhi Bansal Grapecity India "Dan" wrote: > Hi, > > I installed an english language pack on an existing crm server, logged into...

Copying data that is not set in a specific pattern
I have to put data in a column but to do that I have to manually type in =B18; =B53; =B88 etc. for aLOT of data points. The data is wregularly separated by 35 rows. Is there a shorter way of doing this? Hi! Copy the formula, hold down CTRL and select all cells where you want to put the formula, then paste the formula using Ctrl+V or Edit, Paste. Best regards Stefan H�gglund Microsoft "Zita du Toit" <ZdToit@amplats.co.za> wrote in message news:06a801c48f2a$e02adb80$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I have to put data in a column but to do that I have to > manually type in ...

Outlook 2003 Security Settings
I just upgraded from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003. In Outlook 2000 and 2002 there was the concept of Outlook Security Folder and the Outlook 10 Security folders that were setup in the Public folders to allow Outlook to determine (by registry setting) if the default security settings for Outlook were to be used or if Outlook should look to the Outlook Security folders. Does the concept of Outlook or Outlook 10 security folders still exist with Outlook 2003? If so where can I find the administration download for this? ...

setting up mulitple domains
We have a dozen clients and have decided that we will host their MS Exchange for them on our server... Now we just have to figure out how we can do it. We have two in house DNS servers, one Exchange server, one AD Box. Our clients are all peer-peer networks. We will use Outlook 2003 in Cached mode and have them connect through HTTPS, just as we do. Can anyone point me to a good how to or whitepaper on doing this? Thank you a ton! Douglas ...

Dual language mailbox names
We recently setup new exchange 2003 servers for our organisation, however during setup we activated all mailboxes with English mailbox settings. Now we have outlook clients with mailbox settings in English & Swedish.We have set the system to create in Swedish now. How would I change the settings back to Swedish for those boxes taht have already been created? .. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=263668 rob582 wrote: > We recently setup new exchange 2003 servers for our > organisation, however during setup we activated all > mailboxes with English mailbox set...

setting version # of an ActiveX
Hello, I'm sorry this is not really a MFC issue, but I don't know where to post this. I have finally created an ActiveX with VC++ & MFC. I have now to create a setup.exe file including my EXE, and then pack it in a CAB file to allow its installation via a web page. My concern is that this ActiveX is going to replace an old one, and since this old one was version 1.0, my new ActiveX must be known as version 1.1 by the web page and client machine. So where should I change the version number ? I found a version number in the .IDL file of my project (and I set it to 1.1) It ...

How to set Cache Mode via Group Policy?
Hey everyone, We are running Win2k3 and Exchange 2003 in a 2003 domain. I need to push out "Cached Exchange Mode" to everyone. Anyone know how I can do this? I was thinking Group Poilcy via the Office 2003 ADM but I don't see options for Outlook. -- TIA, Clayton P.S.: I wrote an iTunes podcast tutorial and just want to publicize it. You can find it at: http://www.nikoli.net/itunepod ******************* On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 18:21:20 GMT, "Clayton Sutton" <none@none.com> wrote: >Hey everyone, > >We are running Win2k3 and Exchange 2003...

Spellcheck language Vs Keyboard language
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel I have a spanish Macbook Pro and want to keep the use of the spanish keyboard but have word spellcheck my documents using English (us). It seems that i cant have the two as the spellcheck automatically reverts to the checked box in the Input menu and check the documents in Spanish. Even when i try to set Language in word to English (us) and save it as my default it automatically reverts back to Spanish. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. cgdeca ...

Inbox Field Set-up
I have a corporate/exchange account and two internet accounts. Is there a way to distinguish what mail comes from where? I tried adding the field Internet account but it comes up blank Tim TimH <hillhouse_tim@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have a corporate/exchange account and two internet accounts. Is > there a way to distinguish what mail comes from where? > > I tried adding the field Internet account but it comes up blank I don't see where you mention your version of Outlook. -- Brian Tillman Outlook 200 sp-3 "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com&g...

Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Hi there I have a question about Microsoft CRM 1.2. When I open a contact as administrator all works fine. When an employee wants to open the same contact the following error appears: "Microsoft CRM Application Error Report: An unhandled exception occured" "Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Object reference not set to an instance of an object". Does anyone know a solution for this? TIA Chris ...

Language #3
Well, actually I'm an American in Romania, so I deal with 3 differently currencies, I prefer the program to register American. sandie In microsoft.public.money, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Well, actually I'm an American in Romania, so I deal with >3 differently currencies, I prefer the program to >register American. Try to keep your story on one thread. MS make Money in various regionalised versions. US; UK; International English and one or two others depending on sales. If you have a UK or International English version then it is going to th...

OWA
Over the long weekend something has happened to our OWA. On Sunday it was fine but Monday morning I noticed that everything in the OWA was in a foreign language. The messages are still in english but all the actions are in a foreign language, 1st ly how could this have happened and 2nd ly how do I fix it. ...

how to set columns that will stay on screen?
I notice a few Excel files created by others have this feature that the first 2 columns at the left will not move when scroll it horizontally. The scrolling only starts column C. It's great for column or row with labels. How is it set? How to disable it? Thanks, On Apr 8, 5:04=A0pm, liu <spamfree...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I notice a few Excel files created by others have this feature that > the first 2 columns at the left will not move when scroll it > horizontally. The scrolling only starts column C. It's great for > column or row with labels. How is it set? How to di...

where's the "encoding" button for changing the language?
where's the "encoding" button for changing the language? i dont know how to do in this microsoft office outlook 2003. i want read some mail in chinese . ...

setting auto archive on multilple machines
Is there a way to setup auto archiving on multiple machines without going to each one to do it. Something that we can do at a central location Thanks On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:05:01 -0700, "DCSLICK" <DCSLICK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to setup auto archiving on multiple machines without going to >each one to do it. Something that we can do at a central location > >Thanks Do it from the Recipient Policies in Exchange System Manager. Set the mailbox management to delete or otherwise deal with old mail. If you do want to do autoarchive to P...

How do I sort Thai language ?
When I sort Thai, the sequence is not correct. i sued to be able to do it, but after I re-install window xp, I can not. ...

Contact Set Up for Personal Use
I use Outlook 2003 and was wondering if there is a better way to set up my contacts for personal use. For example, our family has another family in our address book. There are multiple contacts with multiple email addresses and phone numbers for the other family, although they are all at the same mailing address which I use when I send a Christmas card or something. Rather than having four separate contacts, is there a way to combine it into one and still be able to find the members' information that are the primary contact? I guess this would be like finding staff members within a com...

setting up email account on my windows vista
Your IMAP command could not be sent to the server due to non-network errors." error message What is the complete error message Gulay -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Gulay Dogan" <GulayDogan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3089BE5C-88A3-4EEB-8130-15CFB30B70BC@microsoft.com... > Your IMAP command could not be sent to the server due to non-network errors." > error message Please expand the error message, then copy and paste ...

Language Bar
I used to be able to select from several languages (English, French, German,) for keyboard input with a little En, Fr, De icon selectable in my lower taskbar. That seems to have gone away, following our extensive effort in modifying services. I did all switching by double- clicking on the icon, to get the various language abbreviations to appear as a menu. I tried Start>>Control Panel>>Regional and Languages but that sets hot key selection and I like the taskbar. "Help" doesn't seem to lead me there either...... Did you click the language bar button in r...

Setting Checkboxes to Unchecked
Hi! I have set up a database in excel using forms and worksheets. On on worksheet (sheet30), there are 6 checkboxes. A button is used to ope this worksheet so that people can load their data into the database. The checkboxes are used to hide and unhide rows when clicked. Here's the problem...Each time I open this worksheet, I would like th checkboxes to be unchecked (false) and all rows to be in the hidde position. I thought that the code below would work fine, Sheet30.CheckBox1.Value = False Sheet30.CheckBox2.Value = False Sheet30.CheckBox3.Value = False Sheet30.CheckBox4.Value = ...

How do I set Default Browser?
I installed Chrome to give it a try and now when I set the default back to Firefox via: Start/Properties/StartMenu/Customize/Internet Link/Mozilla Firefox Chrome also pops up not Firefox. When I click on a web link from Windows Mail or Start/Favorites, the default web browser is still Chrome. How do I make my default browser Firefox again (Which is still installed as I never removed it)? Thanks In FF, Tools,Options and under Advanced tab you can tick the box just below system defaults. -- brummyfan What is FF and how do I get to it? "brummyfan"...

Set item tax in hq system for store
We have five stores and there have different tax in every store. But when I create a new item in hq system and download it to store, the tax for the item is not set to default tax of store. How can I do it in hq? "Jerry" <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:81AE8B1F-E916-40D8-92EE-7E12203D753C@microsoft.com... > We have five stores and there have different tax in every store. But when > I > create a new item in hq system and download it to store, the tax for the > item > is not set to default tax of store. How can I do it in hq...