Inserting date calculations

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

0
drfelton

Assuming that you are good at formulae, all you need to know is that a DATE
field in Word always returns text, so you have to add a formatting switch to
it to return the part you want, then an IF statement to compare it.

Charles Kenyon has put together a useful navigation page here:
http://www.addbalance.com/word/datefields2.htm

Cheers

On 5/03/10 2:18 AM, in article 59bb3dde.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"drfelton@officeformac.com" <drfelton@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm
> trying to insert something like the following in a document:
>
> "It has been X days since I last heard from you."
>
> Where X, in Excel-speak, would be expressed as ...
>
> TODAY()-DATE(year/month/day in question)
>
> The only way I seem to be able to accomplish this directly is to insert a
> formula field; however, I don't seem to be able to get at the kinds of date
> functions or information Excel provides.
>
> Is there some way to use the formula field in this way? Failing that, is there
> some other (relatively easy) way to accomplish my task?

matters unless you intend to pay!

 --

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word); Consultant Technical Writer,
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia.

0
John

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

todays date #2
How would I get todays date in an excel spread sheet -- kaushi "Kaushi" <Kaushi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B5D9B62-D42F-47C2-A04E-A694B19288F8@microsoft.com... > How would I get todays date in an excel spread sheet > -- > kaushi =NOW =NOW() Better (just the date, not the time): =TODAY() Both will update with every recalculation. If that is not what you require: CTRL+; -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote in message news:%23ImVSFZRJHA.3628@TK2MSFTNGP06....

Insert trigger

Showing a date field as a number
Hi. I was wondering if there was any way that I could have a column showing the date and time (20/12/2007 06:00:00) and another column show the date and time as a number, (29548). This would be done in a select query, but I am not sure how? Is it possible? Regards AJ AJ, Use format... mm/dd/yy hh:nn:ss for 20/12/2007 06:00:00 Use format... #.0000 (with Decimal Places = to suit your needs) for 39436.2500 Use format... # (with Decimal Places = 0) for 39436 -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccs...

inserting hrs and minutes

Calculation of weather data help
Hi, I have a data file (at http://www.weatherweb.net/cliall.dat) which contains daily weather data from 1881 in the format: dd,mm,yy,max temp,min temp, rainfall, sunshine, wind speed, wind gust, pressure What I would like to do is to calculate means for max, min, wind speed, wind gust and pressure, and also total rainfall and sunshine for each month. I would like the output in the format: mm,yy,mean meax, mean min, total rain, total sunshine, mean wind, mean wind gust, mean pressure Can anyone give any assistance as to how I might do this in excel to create a sngle file contain all th...

todays date
Hi I have a cell that I want to know when something will be finished i.e. today()+30.which gives 02/07/04. This is ok until I open the spreadsheet tomorrow when I will get 03/07/04. How can I get the date 02/07/04 to remain every day or do I just enter the date manually? Thanks tricia Hi Tricia! You've noted that TODAY() is volatile and will change on recalculation if the date has changed. You might prefer entry using: Ctrl + ; -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Hi Tricia, You would need a macro. If you say you have a cell, you ar...

Insert with a where condition

in access databse the function date() returns #name
i have created an access data base at access 2003 profisonal and used the function date() it worked properly . but when i have coped my data base at another computer at the same office , the funtion retuned (name#) aW4gQWNjZXNzOyB0aGUgRGF0ZSBmdW5jdGlvbiBkb2Vzbid0IHdvcmsgc29tZXRpbWVzLgoKaXQgd29ya3MgYWxsIHRoZSB0aW1lIGluIFNRTCBTZXJ2ZXI7IGJ1dCB5b3UndmUgZ290IHRvIGNhbGwgaXQKR0VUREFURSgpCgoKCk9uIE1hciA3LCAxMToyNMKgcG0sINmF2K3ZhdivINiq2KfYrCDYp9mE2KPYtdmB2YrYp9ihINin2YTYqNiu2YrYqiDZhdit2YXYryDYp9mE2LPZitivCjxAZGlzY3Vzc2lvbnMubWljcm9zb2Z0LmNvbT4gd3JvdGU6Cj4gaSBoYXZlIGNyZWF0ZWQgYW4gYWNjZXNzIGRhdGEgYmFzZ...

Cannot add appointment to a future date
I've tried creating any appt. and Outlook just refuses to add it to the date I requested (August 12, 2005). It adds it with current time for today. This is driving me nuts. I cannot find anywhere on MS KB site on how to solve this. Please help ... somebody ... anybody ... AG Helpful if you provided more information. What version of Outlook and are you using an Exchange server What is the error you are getting or what is happening. Regards, Francine Otterson President, San Diego Outlook User Group "ag" wrote: > I've tried creating any appt. and Outlook just r...

Sent date/time stamp.
Hi is it possible to change the date/time stamp on an email that you have delayed sending? I set a delay of 4 hours on the email, but it showed the date/time stamp that the email was closed/saved etc, can i change/ammend this? many thanks cifulikeit ...

Insert

how to insert data in a table

insert downloads into power point

Week number from date
Hi all, I have the code below in a text box which is returning the week number from text box 118 on a report, it is returning week 4 when the date in the text box is 18th January 2010 when actually it should read week 3, can anyone tell me what is wrong? Thanks =DatePart("ww",[text118]) Hi Blake Check the options for designating the first week of year. Regards Kevin Constant Value Year Starts with Week vbUseSystem 0 Use the system setting. vbFirstJan1 1 The week in which January 1 falls (the default setting). v...

Insert a blank row

Insert dataset to another database

How do I insert a letter into an existing word document?
I am working on a large document that I need to add several letters that are on our letterhead. If I cut and paste the letter, the letterhead header becomes skewed. This is just one issue I'm having with the document! Also need to know how to merge 3 separate documents together once I insert the letters that I need! Help! What do you mean by "skewed"? To preserve the data from the header of the document, you will need to insert it into a Section of its own separated from the rest of the document by Next page Section breaks before and after it with the headers...

How do I insert backround into my picture inserts?
Could you please elaborate on your question, and give us details such as your version of Publisher. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "TAMOS" <TAMOS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1B3ABEC-F208-4A23-B695-9C0EEFBF649F@microsoft.com... > How to Compose a Good Newsgroup Post http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm How to Act Smart on Usenet http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html Getting Your Post Noticed - and Answered http:...

Getting date/time of HTTP file
Hi, is there any way of getting details (such as last modified/ created date/time) of a file located on the web? E.g I'd like to know when the file "http://www.myWebSite.com/ update.txt" was last created/modified. I'm *guessing* I can use CHttpResponse to get some "Last-Modified" value, but I've found it very difficult to get come clear cut code on how to do so. Many thanks for any help, Tony. baker_tony <baker_tony@hotmail.com> wrote in comp.lang.c++: > Hi, is there any way of getting details (such as last modified/ > created > date/time...

How do I set up a standard form showing incentive calculations
I'm looking to set up a single sheet that will be used to print out qtrly bonus calculations for employees - in effect I'm looking to do a mail merge in excel without setting up a sheet for each employee (90 in total) but carrying out a variety of calculations on about 9 different paramaters which relate to circa 20 schemes for the 90 employees. The sheet will read off a database containing targets v acheivement and variable % entitlements for different scheme types. Currently I have 90 sheets within my workbook. Just my 2 cents. If you need to print out letters the Mail Merge ...