Inserted Pic won't show up when the document is copied

Version: 2008
Processor: Power PC

I inserted a picture into my document but when I copy it and try to post it on my class website, the picture never shows up.  Instead it's just a box with a broken picture symbol.  I've tried saving the document in the latest version (docx) and in 2004-2007, saving the picture as PNG, making sure that Word preferences has drawings checked and unchecked on image placeholders.  Also, when I try to open my previous documents with photo or image inserts on other computers, it doesn't show.  Nothing Works.
0
toothygreen

I've had this same problem and just figured it out this morning. Go to
Word-->Preferences-->View. Uncheck the 'image placeholders' box. Also,
make sure you have the 'background colors and images in Print Layout
view' enables. Hope this helps.
0
bgod
1/27/2010 4:51:20 PM
Where is the picture FILE?  A browser cannot dig it out of a Word document.

You need to send the .png to the web server, not the .doc.

Hope this helps

On 28/01/10 12:06 AM, in article 59bb1b3b.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"toothygreen@officeformac.com" <toothygreen@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC I
> inserted a picture into my document but when I copy it and try to post it on
> my class website, the picture never shows up.  Instead it's just a box with a
> broken picture symbol.  I've tried saving the document in the latest version
> (docx) and in 2004-2007, saving the picture as PNG, making sure that Word
> preferences has drawings checked and unchecked on image placeholders.  Also,
> when I try to open my previous documents with photo or image inserts on other
> computers, it doesn't show.  Nothing Works.

matters unless you intend to pay!

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
John

OL 2002 SP3: Documentation bug about client-only rules
There is incomplete information under the "My rule name contains Client Only" section of "Troubleshooting Outlook Rules" page (located at mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\Microsoft%20Office\Office10\1033) It fails to mention that adding a rule to look for specific words in recipient's address also will also cause the rule to become client only. ...

How do I copy a pie chart (just the circular pie) into powerpoint
I need to copy the circular pies into a powerpoint document (to place on top of a map) - I can't figure out how to do it without copying the whole chart (ie the square box surround it with the legend and title - I've deleted these but don't know how to seperate it from the pie) Can anyone help?? ...

format cell to show zero if not a positive number
How can I format a column of figures to show that if the result is zero or negative amount it will just show a zero or be left blank. I am attempting to show the difference between figures that have been invoiced to figures that have been added and thus need to be invoiced. Use a custom format like #,##0.00_);; or #,##0.00_);"0";"0" HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "TechnoGram" <mumzee3@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4183a06c-5eb1-4699-9efd-fd8a4bdd4e07@d62g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > How can I format a column of figures to show that if the result i...

Copying and pasting a series of cells
When I copy and paste the following cell > =IF('13'!B13>0,'13'!B13,NA()) to the remainder of the days of the month, what I get is > =IF('13'!B14>0,'13'!B14,NA()) > =IF('13'!B15>0,'13'!B15,NA()) > etc But what I want to get is > =IF('14'!B13>0,'14'!B13,NA()) > =IF('15'!B13>0,'15'!B13,NA()) > etc I'd even settle for > =IF('13'!B13>0,'13'!B13,NA()) > =IF('13'!b13>0,'13'!B13,NA()) > etc whereafter I could just modify the fo...

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

MFC: Show the same views of a file as it was closed
Hello, in my application i have one document associated with some views. If i open a file, i want to show the same views, that were shown, as it was closed. Is it possible? Thanks for any hint. Yes. You'll need to save the configuration in the appropriate registry key. Assuming the views have a unique number (it's only important to the application, not the user), when the application closes, save that number to the registry. When the application starts back up, read the value from the registry, and show the appropriate view. Helpful hint: if the application only has three views, nu...

How To Copy Rows without Work Art
I have some Word Art in say Rows 9-23, I use some Macro code to copy cells 9-23 down to 10 grouped rows below 23, but everytime I run the Macro it also copies a 'New' Work Art over the existing Art below Row 15. My fear is that my file size will balloon. My code simply states Sheets("Starters").Select Rows("9:23").Select Selection.Copy Range("A25").Select ActiveSheet.Paste Range("A41").Select ActiveSheet.Paste How can I copy Rows 9-23 without the WorkArt also (which is 'floating' over Rows 14-18) Thanks Anot...

Showing a date field as a number
Hi. I was wondering if there was any way that I could have a column showing the date and time (20/12/2007 06:00:00) and another column show the date and time as a number, (29548). This would be done in a select query, but I am not sure how? Is it possible? Regards AJ AJ, Use format... mm/dd/yy hh:nn:ss for 20/12/2007 06:00:00 Use format... #.0000 (with Decimal Places = to suit your needs) for 39436.2500 Use format... # (with Decimal Places = 0) for 39436 -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccs...

Insert trigger

Exporting Documents
How do you export an excel document into word without changing the way it was setup? Go into word and open up your excel document from word. If you don't have the converter installed you may have to install it. Try opening the excel workbook first, if you don't have the converter installed it will tell you. Hope this helps. >-----Original Message----- >How do you export an excel document into word without >changing the way it was setup? >. > ...

installing network service dll (vmnetbridge.dll) fails to copy into system32
Trying to install a network service vmnetbridge.dll fails with err msg. "An error occured while copying file vmnetbridge.dll. Cannot copy file to destination directory. c:\windows User is in local admin group. UAC is set to OFF. Driver is digitally signed by Vmware, inc. Please advice how to rectify. QA4Ever ...

inserting hrs and minutes

Copy an integration
Is there any way to copy an integration created in Integration Manager? It will be ideal if I can rename an existing integration that will serve as a basis for another integration. Thanks, -- Patti hi Patti In the past I have used the Save AS otion int he file menu to creat a copy. Just remember that teh surce is the same on both copies and it you change one it effects both integrations. Cheers -- Fliehigh "Patti Foo" wrote: > Is there any way to copy an integration created in Integration Manager? It > will be ideal if I can rename an existing integration that ...

Restored Information Store, mailboxes show up, but cant access the
I had a crash on my Win2k SP4 Server running Exch2k SP3. I rebuilt the server fine, Exch2k installed ok. The NT BACKUP restoration process hasnt been nearly as fun and exciting though... After messing with it and getting the backed up databases to actually restore, I can see that all the mailboxes are in the 'First Storage Group' (default, and all naming is the same as the old server) and seems to be intact in regards to the sizes and item counts. Problem is, when I try to access them in Outlook, I dont see anything and another instance of the mailbox appears in the First Storage Grou...

How to copy specific columns until end of data
I'm trying to import data from 2 workbooks into a summary (combination) workbook. The trouble I'm having, is I want to import only certain columns and have excel know to stop at the last row with data. For example, from Workbook1 I want to import columns A, B, C, F, and G (from Sheet2). I want it to copy up to the last row containing any data--right now that's row 1046, but next month it could be row 1267. In workbook2 I'm fine with it copying the CurrentRegion--all columns are important. BUT, it doesn't include the title/category heads in the first row (Salesperson, ...

showing data values on chart
in excel when mouse stand on chart,excel is showing the data values of that point.how can to do this action in access? Exactly the same. When you hover the mouse over a data point for a little amount of time, a yellow bow should come up describing what's in your data point. -- Regards, Steve "afshin" wrote: > in excel when mouse stand on chart,excel is showing the data values of that > point.how can to do this action in access? Where you insert chart?i insert chart on report,and i can't to see data value on data point. "Steve"...

Insert with a where condition

Problem while saving a shared excel'07 document
Hi, in my bussiness, we have a shared excel 2007 document. This document worked fine with Excel 2003, but now we're migrated to 2007, we've got all kind of problems.. When I try to save the document, 6 out of 10 times, the saving failed with an error that Excel could not track changes. You should close the document and try it again, but then you loose all you're changes. You can also turn 'Share Workbook' off, and on again, then you can save the file, but all the changes other people have made are gone... I can't find any solution, so maybe there's...

copy and paste macros
I have a workbook that has several macros in it. I created anothe similar workbook that uses the old workbook and macros as the basi platform for the new workbook. I copied and pasted the old macros t the new workbook. When I ran the macros after creating the ne workbook, everything worked fine. I emailed the program to my hom computer, and when I try to run the macros there, I get a run-tim error. What it looks like to me is the new workbook is trying t access the old workbooks macros. That is why it works on the compute I created the workbook on and not on my home computer, where I do ...

Insert

how to insert data in a table