Images blurr when grouped with text 05-10-10

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

This problem has appeared on this forum already, but there was no clear answer (as far as I know): <br><br>When I import an image into Word 2008 (drag&amp;drop, insert through menu, etc) and I group it with any other object (frame for example) it reduces the image resolution. When ungroup it, it changes back to the original image resolution. <br><br>Please, is there any solution to this?
0
pepa_u

Sorry:  No, there isn't.

Insert the images "Inline with text" so you do not have to group them...

Hope this helps

On 10/05/10 8:24 PM, in article 59bb83f6.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"pepa_u@officeformac.com" <pepa_u@officeformac.com> wrote:

> This problem has appeared on this forum already, but there was no clear answer
> (as far as I know):
>
> When I import an image into Word 2008 (drag&drop, insert through menu, etc)
> and I group it with any other object (frame for example) it reduces the image
> resolution. When ungroup it, it changes back to the original image resolution.
>
> Please, is there any solution to this?

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John_McGhie_
5/11/2010 10:06:43 AM
Yeah, I was worried that this will be the answer. Unfortunately, I usually also need to add some descriptions etc. <br><br>I have found that I can do this in PowerPoint (or OpenOffice Draw (!)) and then copy to word as PDF. That keeps the resolution, but it's annoying to have drawings in another file :-(
0
pepa_u
5/11/2010 10:57:49 AM
New discovery! <br><br>This problem does not occur when editing document in the &quot;compatibility mode&quot;. In this case, grouping an image with other graphics does not destroy the resolution.
0
pepa_u
6/6/2010 1:07:54 AM
I guess by now you have discovered that "compatibility mode" disables the
new graphics system?

"Compatibility mode" is simply a long-winded name for "Binary .doc format".
Since the old .doc format can't store SmartArt, it's all disabled.

Of course, the old graphics widgets are still available, and they follow the
old rules when you group them.

Hope this helps

On 6/06/10 11:07 AM, in article 59bb83f6.2@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"pepa_u@officeformac.com" <pepa_u@officeformac.com> wrote:

> New discovery!
>
> This problem does not occur when editing document in the "compatibility mode".
> In this case, grouping an image with other graphics does not destroy the
> resolution.

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John_McGhie_
6/6/2010 7:33:39 AM
> new graphics system? <br>
> &quot;Compatibility mode&quot; is simply a long-winded name for &quot;Binary .doc format&quot;. <br>
> Since the old .doc format can't store SmartArt, it's all disabled. <br>
> Of course, the old graphics widgets are still available, and they follow the <br>
> old rules when you group them. <br>
> Hope this helps <br>
> On 6/06/10 11:07 AM, in article 59bb83f6.2@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, <br>
> &quot;pepa_u@officeformac.com&quot;  wrote: <br>
> > New discovery!  <br>
> > This problem does not occur when editing document in the &quot;compatibility mode&quot;. <br>
> > In this case, grouping an image with other graphics does not destroy the <br>
> > resolution. <br>
>  -- <br>
> The email below is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum <br>
> matters unless I ask you to; or unless you intend to pay! <br>
> John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word), Consultant Technical Writer, <br>
> McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd <br>
> Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410 | mailto:john@mcghie.name <br>

0
pepa_u

Help with formatting text in a textbox
Hi All, I have been trying everything I can think of, and still not getting the results I'm after. I am trying to summarize an order in a textbox, by building a string and assigning it to the caption property of the text box. I create a recordset based on what's in the table, then loop through it and build my string(s). I want to display everything nicely, so I am trying to space each field so that I can put in a header row of labels, and then have each record show nicely spaced below. I am now finding that even when I take into account the length of the data inthe field, I still ca...

Encryption while typing my text. What F keys get me back?
While typing I must hit a wrong key and suddenly my keyboard letters don't match what I'm typing - looks encrypted. I think I'm supposed to use some combination of Fkeys with either the Shift, Control, or Alt key. Help please. Make sure that the correct keyboard layout (input language) has been activated (Control Panel, Regional and Language Options). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "bkeen" <bkeen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10B5C31C-5F5D-42FB-AF78-1BD66F84DE00@microsoft.com... > While typing I must hit a wrong key a...

document imager
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel <i>have microsoft office for mac 2008, student edition, i am trying to scan a document so that i can edit it, older versions of word had something called OCR that would enable you to do this, i cannot find it on my version, how do i do it?</i> What you're referring to is Twain support which requires VBA. Since there's no VBA in Office 2008 there's no Twain support. The only real difference is that you cannot scan directly into your document. You'll need to use the software that c...

losing emails to distribution groups
Hi, We have an exchange 2003 sp2 server. In the last 3 months occasionally emails sent to distribution groups don't get through, from both internal addresses and external ones. For example today one of our users sent an email to a client cc'ed the support group, the client replied to all, but neither email arrived at the support distribution group. However if when I sent a test emails internally and from an external account to the group they get through. The support group gets 300 emails a month, and we know of only about 5 in the last month that hasn't got through. The same ...

Concatenate text & number cell
Hi all, I need to concatenate a word and a number cell. eg, Concatenate("Limit = $",A1) where A1 = $100,000. It shows up like this: "Limit = $100000". However I want the number to format with the comma between the thousand, ie. "Limit = $100,000" Does any one know how to do this. Thanks in advance. regards, John. one way: ="Limit = " & TEXT(A1,"$#,##0") In article <2285c01c45d99$ff299070$a301280a@phx.gbl>, "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi all, > I need to concatenate a wo...

Printing Group Members?
Is there a way to print the members of a Distribution Group in Active Dir? Dave, Check script below (it's a quite old script, but should work not too bad ;)) --cut-here-- ' ' showDL.vbs ' ' Usage: showDL.vbs <mail-enabled DG nickname> ' ' Const C_sIndent = " " Function findObject(ByVal queryText) On Error Goto 0 Set rootDSE = GetObject("LDAP://RootDSE") Set oCon = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") Set oCmd = CreateObject("ADODB.Command") oCon.Provider = "ADsDSOObject" oCon.Open "ADProvider&quo...

Document Imaging
I have two issues related to this. First, Document Imaging is not showing in 2010 beta. I have done a complete install, and told the install to run all from my computer. I have Windows 7 64 and I cannot find Document Imaging. A related problem is on my machine also running 7 64 and I have Office 2007, Document Imaging appears but the Document Imaging Printer doesn't appear. Is this a 64 bit issue? If so, why are they making a big fuss that 2010 will be available in 64 bit. Why have the 64 bit if you have reduced functionality? ...

replacing text in all cells with existing text plus something
Hi, I have a sheet with several rows and columns containing text. I would like to add similar text to all the cells after the existing text. Is there an easy way to do that? thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/commu...

IMAGE
Hello I have set up some stationery but my nice crisp clean company logo looks poor qualiy when I do a test and receive it back in the email. It looks very good in outlook when sending but not so on receiving - does Outlook compress images to a certain quality - can I do something to ensure good quality image? thanks Jeff ...

Add image over other images
Hey guys, Basically I have two pictures: A map (quite a large picture) A symbol (quite small and to be placed over the map at specified points) Anyone have any idea how I could go about this? Thanks in advance for any help! Am 05.05.2010 05:51, schrieb bourkeyo: > Basically I have two pictures: > > A map (quite a large picture) > A symbol (quite small and to be placed over the map at specified points) > > Anyone have any idea how I could go about this? Take a look at the following classes/methods: 'Bitmap': Constructor and 'Save' m...

Convert a Public Folder to a Distribution Group?
Is there a way to take an existing Public Folder in Exchange 2003 with SP1 and "convert" it to a Distribution Group, or is this impossible? I've been tasked with taking two Public Folders and making them into Distribution Groups. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks. On 22 Jan 2007 08:23:57 -0800, obrienjf@gmail.com wrote: >Is there a way to take an existing Public Folder in Exchange 2003 with >SP1 and "convert" it to a Distribution Group, or is this impossible? >I've been tasked with taking two Public Folders and making them into >Distribution Group...

Capturing a screen image
I frequently write material to use in my classrooms and labs where my students use Excel XP. I would like to be able to do an old-fashioned PrintScreen, but this doesn't work any more. How can I print the entire screen image in my document? Thanks, Evelyn Depending on what you want, hit printscreen button or the printscreen button in combination with Ctrl or Shift. then go to your application, such as word or excel and do edit => Paste. This should give a bitmap picture of the part of the screen you captured. Regards, Tom Ogilvy Evelyn <elplummer@prodigy.net> wrote i...

workflow manager 03-07-05
Hi i installed crmserver on windows 2000srv with sp4 and install all required component on crm server All web interface is working... but i try to open workflow manager crm server gives me error message "you do not have sufficient Microsoft CRM privilages to run WorkFlow manager." But i am enterprise admin in domain..and i have sufficient privilages on the system. Please correct this. thanks... It seems like you don't have a crm license or that user was'nt the one installing the CRM system. To run WF, you need a crm license and a role with wf permissions /Jakob "j...

Grouping Nubmers
Hello - I am attempting to group numbers into a certain range i.e. 0-90 days, 91-180 days and 180+ days, however the grouping option only allows a certain interval of days. Is there a way to customize my days so I can do the way I would like to? Thanks for the help ...

TreeCtrl and Images
I want to display normal and state images in my tree control from image list. Generally, treectrl displays checkbox first in a row and it then displays the normal image. Is it possible to reverse this order i.e. to show normal image before the state image ? On Jan 6, 10:44=A0am, shubhishubhi <shubhishu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to display normal and state images in my tree control from image l= ist. > Generally, treectrl displays checkbox first in a row and it then displays= the > normal image. Is it possible to reverse this order i.e. to show ...

Applying a policy to groups
Hello All, I am trying to apply a policy in Exchange 2003 for the first time. I want to limit a number of users mailboxes to 500mb. How can i do this via a policy. I followed http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822938&Product=exch2003 but this is only how to do it for an entire server. Surely this can be done just for a container of users. Limits can be set at the Store level or on the individual mailboxes, not via groups or OU's -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "aaron.whittaker" <aaronwhittak...

mirror image
I put together a floor plan for a home. I need to mirror or flip the floor plan 180 degrees but I can't seem to be able to do this. I selected the whole floor plan, clicked on shapes, rotate or flip, flip vertical but that only flips each shape. It keeps each shape stationary but flips it 180 degrees. That is not what I need to do. I want to be able to flip the whole image. For example. The garage, bedrooms and bathroom is on the south side. I want it to be on the north side instead. Can you help me? I just tried this. Select everything, group, then flip it. Appeared to work (at l...

Text Formatting when using CONCATENATE
I have several columns of data and I'm using the CONCATENATE function to combine the data into one column on the right, which is simple enough. But I need to extend on this by keeping the formatting of the text as it appears in the original columns. For example, if Column A is Bold (*ONE*), but Column B is italic (-TWO-), how can I have the text in the result column keep the original formatting (*ONE* -TWO-). This is a problem which has had me lost for ages, so any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Steve --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Steve, You ...

REVERSING TEXT
HOW CAN I REVERSE TEXT AND PICTURES ON PUBLISHER TO PRINT ONTO T.SHIRTS spike <spike@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > HOW CAN I REVERSE TEXT AND PICTURES ON PUBLISHER TO PRINT ONTO > T.SHIRTS YES. PLEASE READ REPLY TO YOUR FIRST POST. Please do not talk in all caps. It is considered shouting and makes your post difficult to read and is rude. Your first message ("how do i reversie pictures and text for printing to t.shirts") is directly below this one and has been answered by yours truly. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

image of folder as embedded object
how do i show an image of a folder and corresponding title using image control? for example, would have picture of folder followed by the words full fee schedule. what to copy that image and embed in form. building online documentation for a non technical user tried inserting picture thru image control thanks for your help ...

Changing a static image
I have put these lines in the OnInitDlg of a dialog CBitmap bitmap1; bitmap1.LoadBitmap(ID_BMP); ((CStatic *)GetDlgItem(ImageSecurity))->SetBitmap(bitmap1); with ID_BMP : a varaible memeber of the dlg ImageSecurity the label of the image The pb is that the image doesn't appear when the dlg is called, but the border of the image fit whell the id of the bitmap. thx a lot for any answer mathieu Your ImageSecurity static control should have SS_BITMAP style. Open the resource ( .rc ) file in a text editor and add the SS_BITMAP style. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] -------...

Export mail to text file
How do you go about exporting *all* the messages in a mailbox folder to a text file format that includes all the headers? This is needed to pass a whole batch of spam email which SpamAssassin missed through it's learner. SpamAssassin appears to have come from the Unix world and expects the mail in text format. I've had a dabble with a VB program to allow a folder to be selected using the Outlook object model. I can get as far as a simple list of all the subject lines but don't know too much about Internet email format to get any further! Thanks, Rob. Have you checked out the e...

How to name a sheet from text in a cell in another sheet ?
I am very much a novice with using Excel, I'd prefer to be doing this in Access as that's what the data's aimed at in the long run, but the db I'm being forced to use is not mine and I can't work that out either - also work don't support Access so I can't use that to do the data transfer I'm being asked to do... oh why did I say I'd do this :( Down to the true business... I have created a workbook and am trying to name the sheets from cells in another sheet - all within the same workbook. I have been digging about the net and everything I've found tha...

Images in Excel 2000
I'd like to import an 8 1/2" x 11" jpg image into an exel 2000 spreadsheet and be able to enter data into the cells and still see the image underneath. Is this possible and how do I do it. This would be impossible or nearly so using Microsoft Excel. You could do it with Word. http://www.officearticles.com/word/typing_on_top_of_a_scanned_form_in_microsoft_word.htm However, I think it's crazy to try it under any circumstances. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "cjones" <cjones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

parse data from memo field to text field
I currently have a table in Access 2003 which contains case notes - each record contains an ID# for the case, date and time fields, etc, and the actual notes. The notes field is a memo field (currently I have no primary key assigned to each individual note). I need to export this note data to a table that will accept only text of 255 characters or less. The new table will allow for an ID#,lineNo., and textfield. Is there a way that I can create a query that would take each record from my current table assign an ID#, then break up the memo field (case notes) into 255 characters s...