How to remove automatic hyperlinks in Word documents?

Version: 2008

This is driving me nuts...I thought I'd turned them off ( in Preferences) but these automatic hyperlinks keep showing up in my documents whenever I type in an e-mail address, and it's driving me to distraction! <br>
Please tell me, is there not someway to turn them all off?? Forever and ever amen? <br>
Thank you.
0
adchick1

Well, first confirm that you *did* turn off the right ones:

Word> Preferences> AutoCorrect - Replace As You Type,

Clear the check on 'Internet & network paths with hyperlinks'.

If necessary, Quit Word then launch & see if the issue persists.

If it does include your exact Office & OS X update levels in your reply.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 4/26/10 12:02 PM, in article 59bb77c0.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"adchick1@officeformac.com" <adchick1@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) This is driving
> me nuts...I thought I'd turned them off ( in Preferences) but these automatic
> hyperlinks keep showing up in my documents whenever I type in an e-mail
> address, and it's driving me to distraction!
> Please tell me, is there not someway to turn them all off?? Forever and ever
> amen?
> Thank you.

0
CyberTaz

Macro to copy chart from Excel to word
I need to write a macro that will select a chart from Excel and copy it to a book mark in a word document. Can anyone offer some help ? Appreciate any reponse Chris Jon Peltier has some code to paste a chart into Word: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/XL_PPT.html#chartwd You could replace precede this line: ' Paste chart at cursor position WDApp.Selection.PasteSpecial Link:=False, _ DataType:=wdPasteMetafilePicture, _ Placement:=wdInLine, DisplayAsIcon:=False with code that selects your bookmark, e.g.: WDApp.Selection.GoTo What:=wdGoToBookm...

Automatic button in CColorDialog?
What, exactly, does the 'Automatic' button in the standard CColorDialog do? Is there a way to hook into it to allow the dialog to return a custom automatic colour selection? Also, is it true that CColorDialog will no longer be available in VS 2005? Thanks. > is it true that CColorDialog will no longer be available in VS 2005? I just checked VS2005 and it is available. --- Ajay ...

Removal

Remove Excel Icon ??

Remove lines with +++

Document Imaging Writer and Publisher--incorrect number of pages? #2
When I scanned a document from Publisher using Microsoft Document Imagining Writer, it scanned 4 pages into 2 and lost some content. Don't know why this happened or how to fix it. Please advise. Thanks ...

How to Remove SRS

Opening Outlook causes open Word
Hello Folks!! I have a user that he opens Outlook 2003 and this action cause that Microsoft Word's Windows open without reason. Could somebody help me, please? Thanks in advance!! is he using word as his editor? Does he have any addins for word? When outlook loads word to use it as the editor, the addin could be trying to load and cause word to open completely. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlookt...

Functions not re calculating automatically
i've lost all my automatic re-calculation ability in ALL of my spreadsheets if i change a number it will not re calculate automatically - i have to go to the function line, put my cursor at the end of the formula and hit enter for it to re-calculate. What have I done? I'm using Excel 2002. Thank you cjv, tools. options, calculation, check automatic -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "cjv" <cjv@discu...

Where did Word and Works newsgroups go?
Anyway I believe this is a Windows XP problem dealing with MS Word 2000. When I copy into Word 2000 from like IE6, Word will quit working with the clipboard. Closing Word and reopening it will make it start working once again. About a year ago, I was testing a number of XP systems and stopped updating Windows. This worked so well on my test machines that I stopped all of the rest of them. So nowadays I only get hotfixes that actually fix a problem that I am having. Although this one computer I restored from the Recovery CD just last week. And there are no new updates on it ...

remove Fax from address book?

Hints/tips text block for Word
I need a text block for hints/tips to slot into body text, preferably with a symbol like a lightbulb or pointing hand. Thanks You could define a style using the lightbulb or pointing hand as a "picture bullet." Or you can anchor a graphic to a paragraph in a dedicated style and save the empty (or dummy) paragraph as an AutoText entry (building block in Word 2007). -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Ciceronian" <Ciceronian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B59E0C...

How to Return from A Word document back to the Shape were I was.
Would someone tell me how do I go back to a flowchart diagram from a Microsoft Word document after I select a shape and link to that document. I have problems going back to the diagram where I was prior to linking to the document. Do I have to copy the document to a VISIO file (.vsd) so I can add navigation shapes to it and in that way I can go back to the original flowchart diagram? Thanks. Ely. I dont quite understand what you would like to do. Can you explain further? Have you tried hyperlinking the shape to the Word document? -- -ronnie [MS] This posting is provided "A...

pdf file into a publisher document?
Can I place or import a pdf file into a Publisher document? I receive tables and other materials that I either scan or are already in pdf. You could make a gif file of the pdf file or scan the pdf file creating a Word file and then do a copy and paste into Publisher. -- Don Vancouver, USA "cthrail" <cthrail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6E69A19-D2FD-437E-8CCC-128A67AAA92F@microsoft.com... > Can I place or import a pdf file into a Publisher document? I receive tables > and other materials that I either scan or are already in pdf. If the PD...

Removing an item from menu

Need to remove selected characters

punblisher and word prcoessing software
can publisher be used as word processing sofware? Not very successfully, it's a desktop publishing program. If you don't have the $, download and install OpenOffice. OpenOffice Writer is an excellent word processor — very similar to MS Word. "shelagh" <shelagh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:834CE68F-4492-466A-91DC-694F807C578C@microsoft.com... > can publisher be used as word processing sofware? It *could* but it's not the best tool for that job. Specifically what do you want to do? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask...

how to get rid of Comment [A1] in my documents?
In a 300+ document I occasionally get a long "balloon" type thing with "Comment [A1]" (or other number) in it and I cannot get rid of it, nor do I know what it means. HOW do I get rid of it? I use Word 2003. On the reviewing toolbar (View > Toolbars > Reviewing) Show > Balloons > Check 'never'. Or right click the comment balloon and select 'delete comment'. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gm...

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

How to Remove Yahoo toolbar

Removing password protection on a sheet