footnote numbers not superscripted and are too big

Version: 2008
Processor: Power PC

For some reason the footnote numbers in my text are full-sized and not superscripted. The notes themselves are OK.
1
redhawk

That's due to the formatting of your Footnote Reference style.

Use Format>Style to change it.

Cheers

On 19/03/10 10:48 AM, in article 59bb581a.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"redhawk@officeformac.com" <redhawk@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Power
> PC For some reason the footnote numbers in my text are full-sized and not
> superscripted. The notes themselves are OK.

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John
3/19/2010 4:03:34 AM
> Use Format>Style to change it. <br>
> Cheers <br>
> On 19/03/10 10:48 AM, in article 59bb581a.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, <br>
> &quot;redhawk@officeformac.com&quot;  wrote: <br>
> > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Power <br>
> > PC For some reason the footnote numbers in my text are full-sized and not <br>
> > superscripted. The notes themselves are OK. <br>
>  -- <br>
> The email below is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum <br>
> matters unless I ask you to; or unless you intend to pay! <br>
> John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word), Consultant Technical Writer, <br>
> McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd <br>
> Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410 | mailto:john@mcghie.name <br>

0
redhawk
3/19/2010 11:59:53 PM
Now remove the direct formatting from the footnote reference numbers.

On 20/03/10 10:59 AM, in article 59bb581a.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"redhawk@officeformac.com" <redhawk@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Tried format>style>modify>font.  No success.
>
>> That's due to the formatting of your Footnote Reference style.
>>
>> Use Format>Style to change it.
>>
>> Cheers
>>

>> On 19/03/10 10:48 AM, in article 59bb581a.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
>> "redhawk@officeformac.com"  wrote:
>>
>>> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor:
>>> Power
>>> PC For some reason the footnote numbers in my text are full-sized and not
>>> superscripted. The notes themselves are OK.
>>
>>  --
>>
>> The email below is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum
>> matters unless I ask you to; or unless you intend to pay!
>>
>> John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word), Consultant Technical Writer,
>> McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
>> Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410 | mailto:john@mcghie.name

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John

Limit number of Recipients
Under SMTP, in Exchange 2003, there is an option to limit the number of recipients. It splits the outgoing mail into multiples of 100 (default). However, most Service Providers seem to block any email that have more than 25 recipients. This option is not allowed. Is there a way to make this option accept Limit Number of Recipients to 25 instead of 100? On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 23:54:05 -0800, Paul <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Under SMTP, in Exchange 2003, there is an option to limit the number of >recipients. It splits the outgoing mail into multiples of 100 (defau...

A big problem for me to synchronizate the data in excel
there are 6 groups of data,each including a datw col and an 'equity' col, the beginning date,ending date,and the date in this period are not the same I wanna to match the equity data by the date (that's,make the date synchronizated)and sum them up each line (the result of a blank line = the result before it) for example,there are 2 groups of date 1996-9-2 48550 1996-9-3 49150 1996-9-4 48750 1996-9-5 48650 1996-9-6 52350 1996-9-9 52100 1996-9-10 51550 and 1996-8-30 49800 1996-9-2 49150 1996-9-3 49400 1996-9-9 50350 1996-9-10 50300 1996-9-11 51050 1996-9-12 51650 so I wanna...

I need a message if number of duplicate records exceeds number allowed
Thanks in advance for any help. I'm trying to create If DCount code on my form that will count the number of duplicate records and then notify me when the number of duplicate records exceeds the number allowed. The number of duplicates allowed is established in tblFloorProgCriteria in the field FloorProgMaxObservations. Here's what I have so far...It's giving me the message as soon as I attempt to add the first record. If DCount("*", "tblFloorProgAudit", "[AuditID] = " & Me.[AuditID] & " And [FloorProgCriteriaID] = "...

Auto Generate Serial Number
We have an issue where an Item is set to Serial Number Tracking. Every Receipts is around 300 units and need to enter the Serial Number for every item. The Item has sequential numbers received from the supplier in a given range e.g. from 1 to 400. the Serial Number is 20 chars long and a bit time consuming to enter in GP. Is their a product/function that can do this? How about going into the serial number setup for the item before entering the receipt, changing the starting value, then during the receipt entry having the system auto-generate the numbers? This will only work if they ar...

hovering cursor over footnote number in text
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I used to be able to hover the cursor over a foot/end note number in the document, and a mini window would show me the note text. All of a sudden, my cursor no longer works this way. I don't think I changed any settings, but can anyone tell me how I might fix this? <br><br>Thanks! Check another document: is that the same? You may have converted that footnote to hard text at some point, in which case there is no note text to show. Sorry: I can't think of anything else... On 11/03/10 5:32 AM, in article...

Number of different cell formats
I have an excel file, which I can't opened because it has already too many different cell formats, which I solved by formatting, but is there a way how can I see a statistic of the number of formats used in one file (out of 4000 I think), in order not to find my self in a same situation in the future, thanks in advance Excel must maintain a count somewhere in order to trigger this error, but I don't think it is readily accessible. The thing to do is to cut down on the number of different formats in your workbook - don't go mad using lots of different type faces and font siz...

Editing Footnotes
How can I change how the footnotes appear at the bottom of the page in a document that already exists with footnotes in it? Issues are: (1) Sometimes there is one space, (2) sometimes there is a tab before the footnote text -- both of which I think I've handled in the code below, and (3) in rare occassions, there is no space before the footnote text -- and I have no idea what to do in that case! I want to programatically edit all footnotes to appear with two spaces before the footnote text. Can someone please take a look and advise me (1) have I dealt with the first ...

Number of worksheets #3
I am using Excel 97. Apparently Excel 97 can only support 255 worksheets, but I have a workbook which has over 400 worksheets! Can someone please tell me how and why the software has allowed it and what are the implications if any? If it does support it without any problems what would be the absolute maximum number os worksheets it could hold? -- Mark The number of WSs is limited only by the memory on your machine. That 255 number is just the number of sheets that can be created in a new WB *automatically*. Try this: Set the option to 255 sheets for a new WB. Open that new WB. Right...

numbering text boxes?
Is there a way to number text boxes in a document? I'm trying to create coupons that I can number, putting 3 to a page, so I'd need to number the text boxes rather than the pages. Mail merge... Setup a data base list with numbers. Lots of help here Mail merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH010504371033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D77331E-3B4A-47B4-BC9B-50FA4E883555@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to nu...

Giving a duplicate cell a number
say in column A i had a cell which had "Horse" in it , and it said "Horse" in randown cells in column A , what formula could i use in column B so that everytime it recgnised "Horse" in cell A is would give it a unique number ie Horse featured in cells A1 A4 A7 A20 So in the coressponding cell in column B it would have 1,2,3,4 etc A1 = HORSE B1=1 A4 = HORSE B4=2 A7 = HORSE B7=3 Thanks for any help -- scottymelloty ------------------------------------------------------------------------ scottymelloty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action...

Finding pairs of numbers
Is this possible? I assume this will involve some VB coding also: Part Num Associated Part Num 123 456 789 5623 8521 6352 456 123 5478 9821 444444 AT256 5623 789 Formula in "C" that would find the mate and insert a "Pairing" number So that the 1st and 4th rows would have a 1 and the 2nd and 7th would have a 2 etc This subroutine will do it - change the range in first statement to suit you needed Sub tryme() Set testrange = Range("A1:C20") For j = 1 To testrange.Count - 1 testA = testrange(j, 1) & testrange(j, 2) Fo...

Incremental numbering
I have a created an Excel spreadsheet for printing labels. I need to be able to incrementally increase each label count by one, which I can do with no problem. I can not figure out how to increase by one if there is a word in front of it. Example the first label would be: WORD 1001 The second label would be: WORD 1002 The WORD would stay constant, but the numbers would change. I would also like display a dialog box to ask the user what the starting number would be and then automatically prefill the sheet. Any suggestions? Thanks, Jeff not sure this is the best way but here is how i ...

Workbook Numbering
In Excel XP, I have multiple worksheets in a workbook. In the footer for each worksheet I am trying to insert the page number regarding the total number of pages in the entire workbook (i.e. Page 10 of 25). I group all the sheets together yet for each sheet, the page number is just listed as page 1 or 2 for that sheet. Can anyone help? Thanks. Jason You need to print the sheets as a group. So select all of the sheets and then print Good Luck Mark Graesse mark_graesser@yahoo.co Boston M ----- Jason S wrote: ---- In Excel XP, I have multiple worksheets in a workbook I...

How do I add footnotes in Publisher? #2
How do I add footnotes or endnotes to a passage in Publisher? Is it possible? I know in Word you go to Insert->Reference->Footnote, but there isn't a "reference" tab in Publisher. Hi kgoff (kgoff@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || How do I add footnotes or endnotes to a passage in Publisher? Is it || possible? I know in Word you go to Insert->Reference->Footnote, but || there isn't a "reference" tab in Publisher. Publisher doesn't have this feature. You have to create them manually...usually using superscript etc. ...

This item has exceeded the budget for account number.
Hello, I am getting a recurring error message which prevents a user from entering in an expense into eReq because the system considers the account over budget, when in fact it is not. To correct the error, the origin of which we are still uncertain, we were instructed to run File/Maintenance/PO Enhancements/Reconcile. We received this message several times today and ran the utility which did not have any impact on the situation- the error message continues to pop up (i.e., for 53300-1650-000 Finance Office Supplies). The exact error message is: This item has exceeded the budget for...

Footnotes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do you restart footnotes with Number 1 in each chapter of a document? I also can't remember how to do it, but I would do it by first looking in Word's Help. You can search for "footnotes" and you'll should easily find the article "Restart footnote or endnote numbers". --rms www.rmschneider.com On 12/05/10 13:40, kodnik@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do you > restart footnotes with Number 1 in each chapter of a docu...

Random number generation
I've got a table of numbers - that are sequential but not consecutive Is it possible to Randomise them - I.e make them non sequential? TIA -- Alan Davies Tel: 0788 151 8442 Take a look at the first technique here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/randint.htm In article <#MdKkD#OGHA.1312@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, "Alan Davies" <alan@davies.info> wrote: > I've got a table of numbers - that are sequential but not consecutive > Is it possible to Randomise them - I.e make them non sequential? > > TIA The URL needs to have .html at the end of it...

Changing footnotes to endnotes
How do I change footnotes to endnotes in Word 97? -- Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa Web: http://hayesfam.bravehost.com/stevesig.htm Blog: http://methodius.blogspot.com E-mail - see web page, or parse: shayes at dunelm full stop org full stop uk Not sure about Word 97, but in 2000 and 2003 go to the Footnote reference create dialog, in 2003 this is under Insert, Reference, Footnote, on this dialog there is a Convert button, clcik this and you have choice of Converting All Footnotes to Endnotes, Converting All Endnotes to Footnotes, and Swap Footnotes and Endnote...

Excel number formatting
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a problem formatting some of cell in a sheet to currency of accounting. I've tried everything from copying and pasting the number formats from other cells,but without any success. Sorry to hear that you have "a problem" but it would be a big help to also know what that problem is -- How does it manifest itself? Without some degree of descriptive detail we're even more in the dark than you :-) Are Office (12.2.3) & OS X (10.6.2) fully updated? Have you re-launched Excel rece...

pick a number from 1 to 10
Hi All, I would like to have a web page where Internet users can go pick a number from 1 to 10. However, once a user picks a number that number should not be used again therefore that number belongs to that user. How do I manage if, let's say, 2 users happen to pick the same number at the very same time how do I prevent that from happening? Is that a concurrency issue? Thanks, rodchar "rodchar" <rodchar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:070ED8B9-198A-40FA-BC2E-E0FAFDD1CD05@microsoft.com... > Hi All, > > I would like to have a...

Comparing numbers in cells and highlighting matching numbers
We have a lottery syndicate at work with fixed numbers that are put on every week (6 from 49 with 12 rows) These numbers never change so I can put them into 12 fixed rows. Each week I want to key in the 6 numbers that have been drawn and if there is a match in any of the rows for each of the 6 individual numbers I want to highlight the corresponding number in the fixed row, say blue. If all off the numbers in a row come up (most unlikely) I would want all of the numbers to flash red and have a sound sample play. I have looked at the conditional formatting but it will not do it for t...

how to use a negative number
I have a client that gave me a deposit for a service. I was paid this deposi last year. I now have made a invoice for this service with Money Home and Business 2007. How can I show that I have already received $200 towards this service? Money will not let me use a negative number So how can I do this? Can't say for sure as I've never used the * Business * editions, but you may have to use an income category to categorize the amount. IIRC, it has been reported that the * Business * editions don't allow calling income expense and vice versa. Sadly, next to no users of * B...

Transaction by vendor
This would sometimes be quite helpful if in Payables Management. On the Transactions by Vendor screen, for invoices that have been paid I would like to see which check(s) paid for each invoice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/...

Excel deleting some numbers from an excel document
I have a spread sheet that has (example) numbers in a cell 45% (5/11) in a cell or 60% (60/100) in a cell. I have hundreds of cells each with different series of numbers all with a 1-2 or 3 diget % and two numbers in (). I want to delete the number in parenthesis and the parenthesis. I can do it cell by cell but I figure that there should be some way to reformat the cells to do it in mass =LEFT(A1,FIND("%",A1)) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Seth" <Seth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1383B72-E904-457B-BB5F-EC0573D1...

Changing the number format
Hi everyone, I am using Excel 2000. I am running Excel with the regional setting set to Germany. So, Excel interprets "," as a decimal point. What want to do is make one particular workbook interpret "." as the decima point. However, I cannot change the regional settings on my PC. Is there any way to tell Excel 2000 to interpret "." as the decima point. I went to "Format", "Cells", "Number". However, I cannot chang the "," to a ".". I hope I am clear enough. Please let me know if I need to clarify a bi more. T...