Floating toolbars in Word 2004

Version: 2004
Processor: Intel

I've seen a lot of people using Word 2008 couldn't get their toolbars to come up and that there's a solution for that. <br><br>I'm using Word 2004 and I want to dock the formatting toolbar rather than have them floating.  Any advice?
0
AgentMoMo

The toolbars in Word 2004 are floating, and there is nothing you can do
to change that. You can place them close to any corner of the screen,
and they will snap into place, but there is no way to make the toolbars
part of the document window itself. In Word 2008, you can only dock
*some* toolbars, so it's not perfect, either; generally speaking,
though, I prefer the 2008 interface to the 2004 version.

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP (Macintosh)

*** Please always reply to the newsgroup. ***
0
Michel
2/21/2010 8:08:03 AM
AgentMoMo@officeformac.com wrote:
> Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel
> I've seen a lot of people using Word 2008 couldn't get their toolbars to
> come up and that there's a solution for that.
>
> I'm using Word 2004 and I want to dock the formatting toolbar rather
> than have them floating. Any advice?

The palettes are floating and there's nothing that lets you change that.

However, you can create your own toolbars using the Customize Menus and
Toolbars feature. The toolbars you create using this feature can be
resized and docked.

-Jim

--
Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

excel vs word
i am applying for a job that desires excel knowledge, yet i have microsoft word on my computer. do you think i would know enough about the programs to qualify for the job? what is the difference in excel and word? thanks "dee" wrote > i am applying for a job that desires excel knowledge, yet > i have microsoft word on my computer. do you think i > would know enough about the programs to qualify for the > job? what is the difference in excel and word? thanks No. That's like trying to compare the skills needed to operate dragster and an 18-wheeler. Two com...

cannot open/launch Money 2004 program
I am trying first-time use of the Trial download of Microsoft Money 2004 that came already loaded on my new computer. After entering all my account information and clicking "finish", I got the message that it encountered a problem and will now shut down. Now every time I launch the program, I get the same message and cannot open the program at all. Please help. I am having the same problem with both my original version of Money 2003 and the newly downloaded Money 2004. "mickiking@yahoo.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1823e01c44a...

How do i search a spreadsheet without a full word?
Ok i couldn't think how to word that in to a question very well (it early and i need a smoke).. Say i column 1 has several names, i wanna find the name of someon called.. erm i dunno.. 'Dave'.. my search feature i have present mean i have to type 'Dave' to find 'Dave', but what about 'David'? I jus wanna beable to type 'Dav' and find all the 'daves' and 'davids'. tryed recording a macro of myself doing the good ol' excel searc (ctrl+f). Now that worked a charm.. except when it doesn't fin anything and i get the error "O...

Money 2004 Budget feature
I'm trying to setup a budget. I have a category called "Bills: Telephone". Under this category is a sub- category called Qwest Communications - this is my actual phone bill. The enter budget expenses subtotal reflects my monthly expense correctly. However, when I finish my budget and "Review my current budget status", I see the expense associated with my Qwest bill on the "actual" column, but I don't see the Qwest bill represented in the "Budgeted" column. The result is that it appears as though I have overspent. I can correct this ...

Weed out words...part 2
In Excel I am using data/filter/autofilter to filter my long list o words, one per row...trouble is in my Excel the columns are only 60,00 rows deep, and my word list is 1,500,000, This means I have to break m list into 26 seperate lists. This makes filtering ver laborious....Filtering works on only one column at a time, so I can' put many columns on one sheet....Any ideas please -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi I wouldn't use Excel for this. You may consider using for example a database (e.g. MS Access) for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "s...

Can't set Word as email editor in Outlook 2003
I'm recovering from a system crash and am having trouble getting Outlook 2003 working correctly again. I want to use Word 2003 as my email editor, but when I go to: Tools, Options, Mail Format the boxes for "Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages" and "Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to resd Rich Text e-mail messages" are grayed out. I did a complete Windows Professional reinstallation and added all SPs and patches.Windows Update says I am 100% up to date. I did the same thing with Microsoft Office Professional 2003, everything is current. I used to...

2004 Mac Microsoft Excel: Lost corner! Can NOT shrink the window!! #2
I am new to Mac, so if anyone can tell me how to fix this problem I have, it will be appreciated. When I launch Excel, open an existing file by choosing 'open' under 'File' at toolbar, Excel opens up a window to show all the files, folders etc. from my computer HD and extermal HD etc. in one window with the tile 'Open: Microsoft Excel'. Somehow, this winow in my Excel program has corner push down out of screen. Therefore, I can not grab the corner to shrink the window to fit my computer screen. I barely see 'Cancel' and 'Open' icons at the bottom of the...

Word 2008: fonts gone missing (Help!)
Hi everyone, I've just installed Office 2008. After launching Word I noticed that some of my fonts are missing in Word. I checked the fonts in my library (with Fontbook) and they were all there. Also in other apps, the fonts are still selectable. So it seems that all my fonts are still on my mac, but Word just doesn't show all of them in the drop down menu. Now the weird part: When I type in the name of one of these 'missing' fonts in the drop down menu, Word does find it and even lets me use it. Does any of you have an idea of how I can convince Word to show all fonts ...

Word 2007 track changes "final" v. "final showing markup"
When I am working in a document where track changes has been turned on, and I turn off the track changes, the document still opens in "final showing markup" instead of "final." I want the document to open in "final" form. Is there a way to do that? By default, any markup is always made visible when you open a document in Word. This is a privacy setting, so that you don't inadvertently send the file to someone else, forgetting about the markup. You can turn the setting off, but only for your machine (you can't control what others see if they...

Medical symbols to use with Word 2003?
Is there somewhere I can find Medical Symbols that I can download that will be compatible with Word 2003? Medical symbols (such as the caduceus?) or medical acronyms? For acronyms you could use AutoText. For the symbols, how about a clip art search? I think you can save the clip art in AutoText as well. -- Alice. "Lindas" wrote: > Is there somewhere I can find Medical Symbols that I can download that will > be compatible with Word 2003? In news:DEFC3AE3-A5AD-4AFB-9C89-1E6A7A635D59@microsoft.com, Lindas <Lindas@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: ...

reviewing toolbar: setting track changes
Hello, In Excel my reviewing toolbar won't show the track changes button it should. Could anyone tell me how to set this correctly? Thanks, Hanspeter Amend that could just be a MS Word function. Edward "liglin" <liglinlillibli@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:db9bdb31.0311130916.4467a272@posting.google.com... > Hello, > In Excel my reviewing toolbar won't show the track changes button it > should. Could anyone tell me how to set this correctly? > > Thanks, > Hanspeter Amend ...

Which is better: Word or Outlook to send email? Read on...
There seems to be a difference in image quality when I get emails that were sent directly from Word as opposed to using Outlook to do an "Insert" "Picture". I've heard that Word changes the format of .jpg and .gif images once they are inserted in Word, and that is the reason. Anyone have any ideas on this? Is it generally just better to stick with Outlook when you want to send an HTML email instead of using Word. thx! Scotty I don't know about either method *looking* better or not. I do know that I see far more problems with email regarding using Word ...

What's the floating point function for triple (or quadruple) roots?
Hi, Can someone tell me the floating point function for triple (or quadruple) roots, someting like sqrt() for square roots? Thanks. Tony Follow the rules of indecease. Square root = x^(1/<power>) So Cube root = x^(1/3) -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com "Tony Young" <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OunMTa4SFHA.3636@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Can someone tell me the floating point function for triple (or quadruple) > roots, someting like sqrt() for square roots? Thanks. > > Tony /------------- p \ / ...

Show only required data and transfer to MS Word
I have a spreadsheet that shows some materials we use in our company The first column shows a description of the material, the second colum shows the catalogue number of the material and the third column is lef open for the user to enter in the required quantity. I have attached to the spreadsheet a command button but I need som help with the VB coding. What I'd like to do is have the user enter th required quantities in the 3rd column and then click on this comman button which would then only show the rows that have had quantitie entered. If I could get this done it would be sufficient...

2004 problems
Ever since I turned on the background banking Money 2004 won't open. It starts, I get the first screen and then it says that Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. I have sent numerous error reports. I am getting really frustrated here! I need to access my checkbook. Can you open any Money files? Browse to the folder that you installed Money to and try to open the Sample.mny. If that one opens, there is a problem with your file and will need to either restore from a backup or try to repair your file: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;182608 ht...

how can I import excel data to word document
I need to import a file from excel spreadsheet to word format kindy advice me on this thanks and regards powersree Copy and paste, copy and paste special as picture, open a copy of the file in word, post the question in a word newsgroup? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "powersree" <powersree@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:357CA013-6D63-4EF7-9C3A-FE991C550AC7@microsoft.com... > I need to import a file from excel spreadsheet to word format kindy advice > me on this > > thanks and regards > > powersree ...

Upgrading to Money 2004 #5
I am upgrading from Money 2001 deluxe to 2004 Premium. I am receiving and error message that says: "Due to changes in your Money file, the saved version of the "Monthly Cash Flow" report is no longer available. Money has attempted to reset this report, but you shoulf reset manually to avoid unreliable information" This message pops up without warning. I have attempted to reset the report but the error continues. Thanks, Jeff I can;t see that report as one of the standard ones on my version of 2004, not sure whether it is on yours. If not, then you should delete ...

Adding a chart to a Word template linked to an Excel doc.
Hi. I have a template in Word that I run a report on from an excel spreadsheet using mail merge. I need to add a chart to view a 12-week progress on the template, but I can't seem to make this work. When I enter a chart, it does not let me link to my spreadsheet. Even if I enter the excel chart, it does not let me link to my spreadsheet. I have 130 records to update, so I would think the mail merge is what I want to be using. Help!! Thanks, Bobbie ...

Money SB 2004 and multiple companies?
Hi. Question for anyone. I'm an independent small business owner and own 3 different small companies. Can MS Money SB 2004 support multiple companies? Not in one Money file. You will need 3 different files. DAE >-----Original Message----- >Hi. Question for anyone. I'm an independent small >business owner and own 3 different small companies. Can >MS Money SB 2004 support multiple companies? >. > "Doug Edwards" <dedwards@dellmail.com> wrote in message news:0b5901c35b57$8cd1fc00$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Not in one Money file. You will need...

Installing MS Money 2004 w/ Firewall and Antivirus
I keep getting a message during setup that Norton Antivirus and Personal Firewall will interfere with Money setup. When I click on more Info there is no article on this topic? Even after disabling the firewall and antivirus software I keep getting message. Is there anyway around this issue besides uninstalling the Norton Suite? Or will it actually cause any problems? Should I click OK and ignore the setup warning? Thanks John In order of your questions: Huh. No. Yes. No. This FAQ is as yet unpublished: --- Q): I don't want to disable Norton Anti Virus to install Money. What...

Money 2004 and Computer Slow Down
Help!!! I purchased and loaded MONEY 2004 Deluxe this weekend and put it on my Windows 98SE w/512mb ram machine (Dell Pentium III) and now my whole computer runs like molasses!!! Anyone have any idea what is going on? I suspect it is a conspiracy to force people like me into a hardware upgrade. In addition, the program often "hangs" for no apparent reason. I run the machine on a home network with a router and I use Norton Antivirus, but I've shut those things down before I use the program due to the numerous warnings I've read on this and other sites.....PLEASE HELP...

Link a form field in a Word document to populate an excel spreads
i'm trying to populate a cell in an excel spreadsheet with a form field in a word document. is this possible? ...

Keep macro in toolbar?
I know how to keep a macro in the toolbar, but I want to be able to call a macro without it's specific file being opened. Right now, I have several macros in the toolbar, but the file in which they originated has to be open for the macro to run. Is there a way to call these macros without opening a file? Matthew In article <1189739587.206625.181380@22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com>, Katanna <KellingCal@memediaweb.com> wrote: > I know how to keep a macro in the toolbar, but I want to be able to > call a macro without it's specific file being opened. Right now, I >...

Money 2003, 2004, 2005 won't actually work for small business
I have been using Money Small Business since 2000. Invoicing is a key to most small businesses. 20 invoices per day is not an unusual amount, but when you add that up over a couple of years it becomes way too many invoices to wade through each time you need to look up an invoice, plus everything becomes extremely slow and unusable because of the speed. Support claims there is no way, and no work around, for archiving invoices. And deleting them is not only very time consuming one-at-a-time, but if you did you would have balances all screwed up all over the place (cash account is lin...

Money 2004 Setup #2
I am trying to setup Money 2004, during the install process it asks me what languange, and gives me about a half dozen choices, including Singapore, Ireland, Hong Kong, and other odd choices, but no USA English. I have to choose one of them. I select 'Other'. Then on account setup, I only given about 8 financial institutions, all either Spanish or South Americans. The spelling in my installed version is very UK English. Any idea how to fix this either during install or post install? THanks Sounds like you have the International English version. Is that what you wanted...