Embedded Excel Objects in Word convert to pictures

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

-1
zwentibald

Well, perhaps I'm missing something here but you seem to be describing what
"PDF" is all about :-) It's primary purpose is for electronic distribution
of documents in order to insure that they arrive & display as designed
regardless of their destination. Further, they're intended to help deter the
recipient from making changes to the content. For local printing there is
very little - if any - reason to save the document in PDF format, especially
if you have any expectation of having to make further revisions.

As you've found, there is absolutely no guarantee that a PDF will render at
the same file size as the original from which it's generated, let alone
smaller. It isn't a file compression tool, although many PDF generator apps
do provide options for output quality which do impact file size. The PDF
utility provided by OS X or Microsoft, however, are very basic low-end
implementations supplied as convenience tools.

Essentially, a PDF is a 'picture' of each page of content in the source
document. Although objects embedded in the source are stored as information
in the PDF, PDF format doesn't support displaying them as such so a picture
of each is created for screen display & printing purposes. Unless you invest
in a dedicated PDF app I'm afraid you'll have to take what you get :-)
unless you want to save the objects as images then insert them in place of
the original objects before creating the PDF.

But if your objective simply is to print at optimum quality why not just
print the Word/PPT file in the first place?

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 5/31/10 7:47 AM, in article 59bb9310.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"zwentibald@officeformac.com" <zwentibald@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I often need to create word (docx) or powerpoint (pptx) files (presentations,
> memos, reports...) that include excel tables or charts.
>
> most preferable is the obtion to paste the selectet excel parts as an "MS
> Excel Sheet Object" since it stays editable.
>
> When I want to print the word or ppt files as an pdf (via print to pdf or safe
> as pdf), the embedded excel parts seem to be converted to pictures and have
> sometimes a lower resolution.
>
> As they are pictures then, the context in the created pdf-files cant be
> selected. also the file size gets higher (sometimes significantly) than when
> pasted as an pdf-object.
>
> is there a way to prevent the objects to be converted into pictures when
> printing?
>
> thanks for your help!

0
CyberTaz
5/31/2010 1:28:24 PM
If you have the full version of Adobe Acrobat Professional, you can include
the original documents and Excel files in the PDF as "baggage" or
"Attachments".

The recipient can then open the originals if they want to edit them.
However, Bob is quite correct, this will have no effect on the print results
if they print the PDF. Most people never even notice that a PDF has
attachments...

But you need a full copy of Acrobat to do this, the PDF in Mac OS X is the
free "lite" version.

Cheers

On 31/05/10 9:47 PM, in article 59bb9310.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"zwentibald@officeformac.com" <zwentibald@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I often need to create word (docx) or powerpoint (pptx) files (presentations,
> memos, reports...) that include excel tables or charts.
>
> most preferable is the obtion to paste the selectet excel parts as an "MS
> Excel Sheet Object" since it stays editable.
>
> When I want to print the word or ppt files as an pdf (via print to pdf or safe
> as pdf), the embedded excel parts seem to be converted to pictures and have
> sometimes a lower resolution.
>
> As they are pictures then, the context in the created pdf-files cant be
> selected. also the file size gets higher (sometimes significantly) than when
> pasted as an pdf-object.
>
> is there a way to prevent the objects to be converted into pictures when
> printing?
>
> thanks for your help!

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John_McGhie_
6/1/2010 9:19:07 AM
>But you need a full copy of Acrobat to do this, the PDF in Mac OS X is the <br>
0
pjonesCET
6/1/2010 6:03:17 PM
Where do you think Apple got the PDF mechanism in OS X from?  It's PDF
one-dot-something, copyright Adobe Systems :-)

It makes perfect PDFs (from the previous standard...) but it has a number of
"limitations" :-)

On 2/06/10 4:03 AM, in article 59bb9310.2@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"pjonesCET@officeformac.com" <pjonesCET@officeformac.com> wrote:

>> But you need a full copy of Acrobat to do this, the PDF in Mac OS X is the
> free "lite" version.
>
> What are you talking about there is no free lite version of Acrobat?
>
> Now Reader is Free but then only time reader can do anything other than just
> read is Rights have been conferred by Acrobat.

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John_McGhie_
6/2/2010 10:19:13 AM
John_McGhie_[MVP]@officeformac.com wrote:
> Where do you think Apple got the PDF mechanism in OS X from?  It's PDF
> one-dot-something, copyright Adobe Systems :-)
>
> It makes perfect PDFs (from the previous standard...) but it has a number of
> "limitations" :-)
>

> On 2/06/10 4:03 AM, in article 59bb9310.2@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
> "pjonesCET@officeformac.com"<pjonesCET@officeformac.com>  wrote:
>
>>> But you need a full copy of Acrobat to do this, the PDF in Mac OS X is the
>> free "lite" version.
>>
>> What are you talking about there is no free lite version of Acrobat?
>>
>> Now Reader is Free but then only time reader can do anything other than just
>> read is Rights have been conferred by Acrobat.
>
>   --
>
> The email below is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum
> matters unless I ask you to; or unless you intend to pay!
>
> John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word), Consultant Technical Writer,
> McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
> Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410 | mailto:john@mcghie.name

PDF is sort of Open Source. Apple may not necessarily have paid Adobe
for the ability to create PDFs. Just the same, Acrobat is the solution
for the person posting the question.

-Jim

--
Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

Jim Gordon Mac MVP wrote:
> John_McGhie_[MVP]@officeformac.com wrote:
>> Where do you think Apple got the PDF mechanism in OS X from?  It's PDF
>> one-dot-something, copyright Adobe Systems :-)
>>
>> It makes perfect PDFs (from the previous standard...) but it has a number of
>> "limitations" :-)

>>> free "lite" version.
>>>
>>> What are you talking about there is no free lite version of Acrobat?
>>>
>>> Now Reader is Free but then only time reader can do anything other than just
>>> read is Rights have been conferred by Acrobat.
>>
>>    --
>>
>> The email below is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum
>> matters unless I ask you to; or unless you intend to pay!
>>
>> John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word), Consultant Technical Writer,
>> McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
>> Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410 | mailto:john@mcghie.name
>>

> PDF is sort of Open Source. Apple may not necessarily have paid Adobe
> for the ability to create PDFs. Just the same, Acrobat is the solution
> for the person posting the question.
>
> -Jim

Think about it if Apple the most up to date version of PDF from Adobe.
Adobe would have Acrobat for the Mac Platform. The PDF specs is open
source. but not the latest versions. In other words all version up to
Acrobat 9  are open source. Acrobat 9 for now until version 10 comes out
is not. So Apple can not use new features that are in Acrobat 9.

With the current rock throwing contest between Adobe and Apple. It may
not be long Before Acrobat will no longer work on the Mac Platform.
--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.        "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net        mailto:pjones1@kimbanet.com

On 3/06/10 12:50 PM, in article ##JKResALHA.3840@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,
"Phillip Jones, C.E.T." <pjones1@kimbanet.com> wrote:

> With the current rock throwing contest between Adobe and Apple. It may
> not be long Before Acrobat will no longer work on the Mac Platform.

Now, THAT would be a bit of a leap: the entire Mac OS X desktop and user
interface is all done in PDF :-)

Cheers

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John_McGhie_
6/3/2010 9:30:44 AM
Yes. And if Adobe said no longer. That would render OSX useless. But they have the power. Of course if they did Adobe business and reputation which now is worse than Intuit's, will be even more beat up. But they have the ability.
0
pjonesCET
6/3/2010 6:07:04 PM
Which is why I suspect that Apple are paying for the Adobe PDF technology
they are using: I cannot imagine Jobs exposing himself to that risk without
a contract that prevents Adobe from jerking his user interface out from
under him :-)

On 4/06/10 4:07 AM, in article 59bb9310.7@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"pjonesCET@officeformac.com" <pjonesCET@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Yes. And if Adobe said no longer. That would render OSX useless. But they have
> the power. Of course if they did Adobe business and reputation which now is
> worse than Intuit's, will be even more beat up. But they have the ability.

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John_McGhie_
6/4/2010 10:13:21 AM
John_McGhie_[MVP]@officeformac.com wrote:
> Which is why I suspect that Apple are paying for the Adobe PDF technology
> they are using: I cannot imagine Jobs exposing himself to that risk without
> a contract that prevents Adobe from jerking his user interface out from
> under him :-)
>

> On 4/06/10 4:07 AM, in article 59bb9310.7@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
> "pjonesCET@officeformac.com"<pjonesCET@officeformac.com>  wrote:
>
>> Yes. And if Adobe said no longer. That would render OSX useless. But they have
>> the power. Of course if they did Adobe business and reputation which now is
>> worse than Intuit's, will be even more beat up. But they have the ability.
>
>   --
>
> The email below is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum
> matters unless I ask you to; or unless you intend to pay!
>
> John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word), Consultant Technical Writer,
> McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
> Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410 | mailto:john@mcghie.name

Indeed, there was a big squabble between Apple and Adobe when OS X first
came out. There were several builds of Mac OS X where saving as PDF was
not working as expected as a consequence. If I remember correctly, for a
short while Apple considered abandoning the idea of including PDF in Mac OS.

-Jim

--
Jim Gordon
Mac MVP
Co-author of Office 2008 for Mac All-in-One For Dummies
http://tinyurl.com/Office-2008-for-Dummies
0
Jim
6/4/2010 1:50:29 PM
That's possibly true about the contract. But adobe is just stupid enough, and angry enough that could rescind the contract.  <br><br>Why Jobs decide to use PDF as part of the OSX system I will never know.
0
pjonesCET
6/4/2010 2:06:28 PM
Hi Phillip:

Adobe may be stupid enough, but they're not RICH enough.  Apple is now worth
more than Microsoft: and they have a large and vigorous Legal Department.

Only someone with a death wish would take them on in American courts :-)

The PDF choice for Apple was a "quick" (and eloquent...) fix to a problem.
You either hand-code EVERYTHING that appears on the screen, pixel by pixel,
in multiple sizes because pixels won't scale, or you adopt some kind of
system-wide vector-based graphics format for your display interface.

Apple always used QuickDraw.  Microsoft still uses GDI.  GDI is a flavour of
WMF.

Come the new generation, Apple had a choice: either re-invent QuickDraw to
do all the fancy transparency and layering tricks PDF will do, or "buy
something in".  Microsoft had the same problem.

Microsoft got lucky: GDI already supported layers and transparency.  They
just tweaked it a little, and gave it a new name:  "Silverlight".

Apple looked around and realised that if they grabbed PDF they could not
only solve their immediate problem, but they could get knock-on benefits.
Once you have a robust PDF implementation as a system service, you can call
it everywhere, including for things such as printing and file-saving.

Microsoft, on the other hand, had to run down the road to the Adobe Shop and
pay for an implementation of PDF to use in Microsoft Office on the PC.  On
the Mac, they just use the system version :-)

Now, there may be cheaper, less complex, and more CPU-efficient ways of
drawing circles and triangles on the screen these days (which is what the
current slanging match between Apple and Adobe is all about...).  But PDF
works, and the side-benefit is that the vast majority of other applications
out there can use it, and their developers are already familiar with it.

I am by no means an expert in this area, but I understand that one issue
that is elevating Mr Jobs' blood-pressure is that Microsoft kicked a goal
with Silverlight.  Not only is it murderously efficient (it has to be, it's
part of the Windows core...) but its internal architecture made it easy to
update it to do all the modern "shock and amaze" tricks.  So Microsoft got
their "pretties" almost for free, Steve has to work for his...

Worse, Steve sees the future of computing as being in your pocket.  And
Silverlight is a lot more battery-friendly than PDF.  Recall that a modern
computer spends 80 per cent of its time drawing pictures on the screen?  If
you use half the battery capacity for 80 per cent of what you do, you have a
compelling attraction.

Now some very strange things have happened in computing.  Apple is now using
Intel chips, for example...  But I somehow don't think Mr. Jobs will be
doing his UI in Silverlight any time soon :-)  However, Adobe better sharpen
their pencils, real soon now, otherwise Steve's going to use something else.

Cheers

On 5/06/10 12:06 AM, in article 59bb9310.10@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"pjonesCET@officeformac.com" <pjonesCET@officeformac.com> wrote:

> That's possibly true about the contract. But adobe is just stupid enough, and
> angry enough that could rescind the contract.
>
> Why Jobs decide to use PDF as part of the OSX system I will never know.

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John_McGhie_
6/4/2010 10:40:46 PM

Jim Gordon Mac MVP wrote:
> John_McGhie_[MVP]@officeformac.com wrote:
>> Which is why I suspect that Apple are paying for the Adobe PDF technology
>> they are using: I cannot imagine Jobs exposing himself to that risk without
>> a contract that prevents Adobe from jerking his user interface out from
>> under him :-)
>>

>> On 4/06/10 4:07 AM, in article 59bb9310.7@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
>> "pjonesCET@officeformac.com"<pjonesCET@officeformac.com>   wrote:
>>
>>> Yes. And if Adobe said no longer. That would render OSX useless. But they have
>>> the power. Of course if they did Adobe business and reputation which now is
>>> worse than Intuit's, will be even more beat up. But they have the ability.
>>
>>    --
>>
>> The email below is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum
>> matters unless I ask you to; or unless you intend to pay!
>>
>> John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word), Consultant Technical Writer,
>> McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
>> Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410 | mailto:john@mcghie.name
>>

> Indeed, there was a big squabble between Apple and Adobe when OS X first
> came out. There were several builds of Mac OS X where saving as PDF was
> not working as expected as a consequence. If I remember correctly, for a
> short while Apple considered abandoning the idea of including PDF in Mac OS.
>
> -Jim

they would have been better served if they had. Adobe use to be a Great
Company. But they have spread their self way to thin with the takeover
of MacroMedia. Support use to be top notch you could call get an answer
in 5 minutes. Today support on Adobe is worse than Inuit's. You simply
can't get much lower than Intuit. But Adobe has succeeded very well in
doing so.

I am likely to eventual move to latest version of Acrobat, DreamWeaver,
and FireWorks. But I wouldn't recommend at this time any Adobe products
to anyone due to their poor service and Treatment of Apple in General.
If it had not been for apple when adobe was getting started in anything
other than fonts. They would not exist today. Yet, now adobe blows off
Apple as if a fly speck.
--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.        "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net        mailto:pjones1@kimbanet.com
0
Phillip
6/5/2010 2:40:31 AM

> [...]
> Intel chips, for example...  But I somehow don't think Mr. Jobs will be
> doing his UI in Silverlight any time soon :-)  However, Adobe better sharpen
> their pencils, real soon now, otherwise Steve's going to use something else.
>
> Cheers
>
> On 5/06/10 12:06 AM, in article 59bb9310.10@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
> "pjonesCET@officeformac.com"<pjonesCET@officeformac.com>  wrote:
>
>> That's possibly true about the contract. But adobe is just stupid enough, and
>> angry enough that could rescind the contract.
>>
>> Why Jobs decide to use PDF as part of the OSX system I will never know.
>
>   --
>
> The email below is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum
> matters unless I ask you to; or unless you intend to pay!
>
> John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word), Consultant Technical Writer,

If I was Job's I would do it ASAP and tell Adobe they are going to play
by their rules.

The whole huhaa is not about PDF. its about Flash, its slow and buggy on
Mac, and Causes the majority of crashes on Macs and I believe it I can
view crash reports and there is always mention of Flash or Flash Plugins
as problem wit what crashes I have.
--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.        "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net        mailto:pjones1@kimbanet.com
0
Phillip

Extracting embedded photos
Not sure this is a conversion issue, but don't know where to post it. Before I learned the hard way, I embedded photos in a database, linked to another database for display. I've reached the database size limit and realize I should have linked the photos instead. (original photos not available) Any ideas on a process to run thru the embedded photos and convert them back to original jpg - the manual process is too massive an effort. Thanks See http://www.lebans.com/oletodisk.htm On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 19:18:01 -0700, bigitch <bigitch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Not ...

windows excel to mac excel

How to merge two Excel Files. #2
im using Office XP, and i have some data in 4to5 different files, i want ot merge all that files, can anybody help me.... thax in advance. Brijesh Parmar --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.521 / Virus Database: 319 - Release Date: 9/23/2003 The big question is whether your files have "similar or the exact same (hopefully) layout. If the latter, I'd just create a new workbook and copy and paste each of your 5 to the new master <<a simplified approach>>. "Brijesh" <parmarb...

embedded database
We are developing software applications for Insurance agents that will reside on their laptops and desktops. We are looking for recommendation on which client side embedded database to use in our application. I was wondering if anyone knows what Intuit uses in their product or what Microsoft uses for MS Money. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Paul Money uses MSISAM. Little is known about this--it apparently is a closed-up version of the Jet database used by MS Access. "P Gupta" <pkgupta@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:qd7qc.318$eQ3.177@newss...

Help
I have a monthly process where I bring a range of cells into a spreadsheet (copy-paste) and I need the information to be numbers but it is created (out of my control) as text such as... '1.23 '1.24 '1.25 and so on for about a hundred rows It is really cumbersome to have to keep pressing F2 to edit, home to get to the ' and then delete and enter to remove the ' mark and convert the text to a number I used the Macro recorder (with relative value set) but it picks up the absolute value of the first cell and then when I run the macro it puts that value into each cell What I...

excel money addin should have time series data
can i get time series data from msn money excel addin?? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=bf0b8395-dfc4-42da-87d6-2c9ce55f315c&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc Can you be more specific? D...

Excel 2007 Macro Recorder not recording shapes
Hello, I am trying to figure out why my Excel macro recorder is not recording creation of any shapes or changes to existing shapes. I started the macro, and drew a rectangle and stopped it. This is all the code I get. I like to see the syntax for shapes and I am unable to see maybe there is some problem with macro recorder. Please help! Thanks! Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro3 Macro ' ' ActiveWindow.SmallScroll Down:=25 End Sub Regards, Jaan On Feb 14, 2:35=A0pm, jaanbazz <jaanb...@domain-xyz.in> wrote: > Hello, > I am trying to figure out why...

Macros in Excel #5
How can i create a macro that changes what is in a drop down box by what is selected in another dropdown box? You could record a macro of your changing the validation list. However, you can do it without a macro using the technique here: http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html In article <558CC81E-4F2C-4A4C-B9A6-0B8E533722D2@microsoft.com>, "alhawtin" <alhawtin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can i create a macro that changes what is in a drop down box by what is > selected in another dropdown box? ...

embedded manifest
How can modify the embedded manifet for MFC Standard DLL and MFC Application to set: <requestedExecutionLevel level="asInvoker|highestAvailable|requireAdministrator" uiAccess="true|false"/> Hi Don ...

Ghost picture frames
I occasionally loose track of superfluous empty picture frames and they end up hidden behind something more opaque. Is there some straight forward way of hunting down these "ghosts" ? -- Maggie Hi Maggie (pagebooks@cinci.rr.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || I occasionally loose track of superfluous empty picture frames and || they end up hidden behind something more opaque. Is there some || straight forward way of hunting down these "ghosts" ? You could try running the Design Checker. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publish...

Subtotal In Excel 2007 Table
How do I use the Subtotal function with a Excel 2007 Table and not convert it back to a range? TIA ...

Exciter: Custom Excel Applications!
If anyone is interested in a new site offering custom-built excel macros for every use, please visit www.exciter.gr. We offer good quality tools, priced by the project and not by the hour. Please visit www.exciter.gr to download demos and learn more. ...

how do i make a CVS file from an excel sheet
i have names and numbers in an excel sheet and want to save them as a CSV format so i can export them to a software i have instead of adding them one by one to the software but when i save on excel as CSV it says (this file may contain features that are not compatible with CSV (Comma delikited).... Hi, Just a thought ... Try copy all cells and then paste into notepad. or save as a text file - Mark >-----Original Message----- >i have names and numbers in an excel sheet and want to save them as a CSV >format so i can export them to a software i have instead of adding them on...

No "Download Pictures" option in context menu
Hi, I am sending a newsletter to subscribers and the header graphic is causing some trouble for clients with Outlook. Outlook is, of course, blocking the image and the warning message appears with the option to download the images. Clicking it works just fine, downloading and displaying the images. What is strangely absent is the same option on the placeholder context menu. The only options are "Copy" and the various hyperlink options, but no option to view images. Although this seems like a simple issue with an easy work-around, I'm afraid it's causing quite a bit...

Can Excel do this?
I have exported +7000 Tracks and Artists from a program. I want to print a book which would read/look better if I could hide all after the first instance of the Artist. i.e.: Abba Dancing Queen Take A Chance on Me Waterloo Aerosmith Billy's Got a Gun Love in an Elevator Sweet Emotion etc. Could Excel hide any instance after the first of the Artist or delete it. (Obviously if deleted I would need to maintain the original file for sorting purposes) I would import the sorted Excel file(s) into a p...

import pdf file in word
How can I import a PDF file in MSWord, even as a picture (not for editing)? If you have Acrobat Standard or Pro you can save the .pdf as a picture. (I just checked Adobe Reader 6.0 - you CANNOT do it there.) If you don't have Acrobat, any chance you have another Adobe product? I know I can save a .pdf as a .jpg in Photoshop Elements so I'll assume the same holds true for other Adobe products. If your answer is no to all of the above, you could print it out and scan it in. Or you can make a friend with someone who has Acrobat. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "...

Converting Excel 97files to Excel 95
I have Excel 95 but never need to use Excel, so I have no reason to upgrade. Occasionally I get an attachment in my email that is an Excel 97 file, but I can't open it with Excel 97. Is there a converter that goes backwards, from Excel 97 to Excel 95. Thanks, Jim Jim, There is no backwards converter. If you don't want to upgrade but do want to open and view later version files, try here........ http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4EB83149-91DA-4110-8595-4A960D3E1C7C&displaylang=EN John "jim hinds" <jjhinds@wt.net> wrote in message ...

Embedding a CRichEditView in a CDialogBar
Anyone ever done this successfully before. I create the dialog with a richeditview using the resource editor VC6 and VC2003. Program compiles and links okay, program exits when it fails to create the dialog bar. Regards, Josh I think you need to call AfxInitRichEdit/AfxInitRichEdit2. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Josh Washington" <joshwashington@bigpond.com> wrote in message news:c8ZVb.49861$Wa.16696@news-server.bigpond.net.au... | Anyone ever done this successfully before. | I create the dialog with a richeditview using the resource editor VC6 and | V...

Why is it that the photos I insert are Embedded?
I used to be able to "Insert Picture From File" and actually see my photo. Now when I perform the same action I can resize my photo but but I cannot see it!? The Graphics Manager Task pane show all my inserts (photos & clip art alike) are embedded. I do not want them embedded. How can I stop them from being embedded?....I don't know why this is happening, it never used to...could some update have caused this? I use Publisher 3003. THANKS FOR ANY HELP IN THIS MATTER! Teresa K wrote: > I used to be able to "Insert Picture From File" and actually see my ...

Excel
I just had an excel upgrade and can't find the way to add arrows to a cell. I old excel the result was to up and down arrows, at the side of the cell, which would allow the user to click up or down to change the cell value... Insert a Spin Button from Forms Toolbar or Control Toolbox. Assuming upgrade means 2007 version....... Click on Developer Tab and in Controls category Insert>Form Controls. Select the spin button and place it where you want. Right-click and Format Control. Pick a cell to link. If you don't see Developer Tab on Ribben go to Button>Ex...

How do i create a running total in Excel?
Hi Can anyone help me: I wish to create a very simple to use goods in/ out spreadsheet. Each row will be a different part number. Column A = Part Number Column B = Amount of Goods In Column C = Amount of goods out Column D = Current Stock Held What I want it to do is to add up the quantity each time goods arrive in one cell (cumulatively)and then do the opposite when goods go out. Then subtract Column c from Column B to give me a running total (Column D). Anyone know the formula? If I understand what you want... Excel formulas return results based on the numbers actually in the spr...

Excel Formulas look different
I received a spreadsheet of mine back from a coworker, and all the formulas now look something like =Totals!R[3]C[-1] instead of =TOTALS!C73. Anyone know why they changed and how to change them back? -- User13 The second sheet has R1C1 Reference Style enabled. Follow these steps to fix: If in Excel 2007: <Office Button (in top left corner of screen)> <Excel Options> Click on "Formulas" tab Un-select R1C1 reference style If in Excel 2003: <Tools> <Options> I think it's under General Tab (i think... can't remember exactly as i'...

outlook email send error 0x8004010F object missing
I am getting send error messages in outlook - "Task 'pop earthlink.net sending' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'the operation failed. An object could not be found' " So far all I can find on the internet have to do with Exchange. I dont have a program called Exchange. How do I fix this?? ...

How do I display two excel pages at the same time?
I want to have two excel pages displayed on my computer at the same time, but when I open both pages it uses the same master excel and when I toggle between the two it won't open both of them up. I'm using office 2003. Thanks for the help. -- snowtime ------------------------------------------------------------------------ snowtime's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25982 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=393499 Open both and then do windows>arrange and vertical (or any of the other choices, I usuall...

Embeded Links
I have embedded links in some files, but there are no names in the worksheet or formulas which are linked to other workbooks. Does anyone have a method of deleting these 'ghost' links. Hi try the following add-in to find/delete links: http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Brian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0beb01c46e83$c3cc8c30$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have embedded links in some files, but there are no > names in the worksheet or formulas which are linked to...