changing the size of the font in the navigation pane in word 2007

How do I change the size of the font in the navigation pane in word 2007? The
method used in previous versions of word do not apply as the options (under
format) have changed. I find the size is too small

Thanks

--
melthamdave

Well, for one thing Word 2007 is a Windows version & this is the newsgroup
for Word on the Mac :-) However, it makes no difference � the font size in
any of the dialog windows/panes/panels cannot be modified.

For future reference you can reach the Win Office groups here:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/FlyoutOverview.mspx

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 1/7/10 7:11 PM, in article
1B7294E4-1BC7-4390-B31F-860578D2FC73@microsoft.com, "melthamdave"
<melthamdave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> How do I change the size of the font in the navigation pane in word 2007? The
> method used in previous versions of word do not apply as the options (under
> format) have changed. I find the size is too small
>
> Thanks

0
CyberTaz

word art 2.0
i have word art 2.0....there must be a way to change the thickness of the font...every font i choose to use seems to be in bold...which i DO NOT want...is there a setting to change..thank you Download the old WordArt. See if you get better results. You use it from Insert, Object, scroll down to Microsoft WordArt 3.2 (This will work in 2007 too) Publisher 2003/2002 Add-in: WordArt Compatibility http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=897AA11B-A37D-4586-A1A7-54BBEA375AE2&displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://ms...

Money 2007 -- QIF import
Good Evening! After a little trial and error, I am able to import account transactions from another system (not a bank statement, my actual register transactions) with little trouble except for the date format. (Before someone gets mad at me, I really don't think this has anything to do with my regional settings!) As recommended by an MVP from this forum, I open my CSV file with excel, then use a converter (add-in) called XL2QIF to create a qif output file. The actual "data" in a date field in my original csv file is "060106" (mm/dd/yy) which is June 1, 2006,...

Font Colors
is there any way to add additional color options for the Fonts in Outlook 2003? Windows XP Are you using word or the outlook editor? Choose Font Color, More Colors to open the color picker - you can make any color supported by your version of windows. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM...

Outlook 2002
Every time I start-up, recieve or send an email Windows Installer trys to run. I hit cancel and the action will complete normally. If I don't hit cancel, it asks for the install disk, however this is an exsisting company computer and the the original disk is nowhere to be found. This started when we were mistakenly told that a copy of Office 2007 that was purchased had two installs allowed. Word and Excel was loaded on this machine. We then discovered we were given bad info and uninstalled them. Outlook 2007 was never installed. Verify that no Office 2007 part is installed a...

Outlook 2003 icon changes randomly
Not a big deal but very weird: My outlook icon (both on the desktop, and the QuickNav bar) changes every other time I restart Windows: Sometimes its the new orange icon Sometimes its the Office 2000 icon. Very strange. I'm running Windows 2000. I can't figure out how this could happen. When its showing the old icon, it still loads the new version. Also, if I right-click, properties...change icon, only the old icon shows in the list of choices. Any clues? Eric ...

Chaging the display font size
Hello, How can I change, within my code, the display font size from 96 DPI to 120 DPI? I would like to do it using either MFC or the Win32 SDK. Thanks, Eitan ...

Word 2007
Word 2007 - Autotext in Quick Access Toolbar Once you add autotext to the quick access tool bar, is there a way to have it just show the titles, instead of the large block showing you a preview of the content. If you have over 100 entries, it gets very time consuming going thru the list. Client would just like to see the titles. Any ideas Thanks Nadine On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:03:01 -0800, Nadine <Nadine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Word 2007 - Autotext in Quick Access Toolbar > >Once you add autotext to the quick access tool bar, is there a way to ha...

excel columns keep changing size
I have a spreadsheet that I want to print on legal sized paper. I have 5 columns that I want to be as wide as possible and fit on the paper, landscape format. Every time I try to change the font size of the text, excel automatically changes the columns size. ALso, even though it says that the font is 48 points, it shows up as very tiny on the screen and also on paper. What is going on? Check your pages set up settings. Go to sheet in page set up and check to see if the print area is empty this could have a range in it. If it does and this is too large for th paper you are using then it wi...

Amount in words #2
Hi, I need to convert Purchase Order Document total amount to be converted in Words. Document total amount is already a calculated field, so what function need to be adopt??? Please explain step by step. Regards, Sheikh Asif Try using the Report Writer User Defined function below. It can be accessed from a Calculated field by adding a User Defined function from the System series. RW_ConvertToWordsAndNumbers() The parameters are as follows: in currency IN_Value; { Value of Currency } in string IN_Currency; { Currency ID of Currency - Leave Blank for Functional } in integer IN_Mode;...

Creating additional panes of data in CRM 1.2
When we select a Contact, I want to be able to bring up both the History and Activities associated with the contact. I'd like to create a 'window pane' on the right side and the bottom that displays this information - the question is can I do this without having to create a completely new ASP form? Thanks! David David, what you want is not currently possible with the out-of-the-box CRM. You have two options, build it yourself using the SDK, or purchase the functionality from an ISV that has already built it (www.salentica.com , www.c360.com). Dave <anonymous@discuss...

Sliding navigation bar on right of word docs is missing?
How can I get the navigation bar to show on the right side of my word docs? It is hard to go from page to page by using the wheel when a document is 90 pages. Maybe the document window has been dragged so that it is wider than the screen and then positioned so that the scroll bar is off the screen. Click on the button to the left of the White X in the red background at the top right of the screen and see if that restores the scroll bar. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug R...

Exchange 2007 sp2 BPA
Hello all When I run the BPA againts my 2007 sp2 exchange mailbox server, the BPA is telling me that the mailbox is not configured. "'MailboxRole' is not configured on server 'IRV-EDC-MS05.corp.kbb.com'. Please run setup again." How is this possible? Exchange 2007 sp2 has been running in the environment for nearly a year without issue ...

Stock change
How do I calculate the change in stock price from the previous day. Just subtract the current price from the previous day's price. E.g., =B2-B1 Or perhaps you had something else in mind. If so, post back with more details. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Knowledge001" <Knowledge001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82989DAA-5357-4955-B244-490F9619B33C@microsoft.com... > How do I calculate the change in stock price from the previous > day. I have downloaded 1025 days of...

Help Spell Check in Word 2007 Protected Documents
I have created a protected form and noticed it didn't spell check when I tested as a user. I searched and found http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/SpellcheckProtectDoc.htm I copied and pasted into VBE re-protected the document closed and opened as a user and still unable to spell check. Is there something I'm missing. Perhaps clearer instructions? Could someone please walk me through this step by step? Perhaps I don't have a full understanding of Macros?? Note that you will have to run the macro manually, for example by assigning a toolbar button. See http://www.g...

Excel and Word Attachments Time Out in OWA
I am having an odd problem in OWA. Many end users are experiencing time out problems when trying to access Word or Excel attachments in OWA on Exchange 2003. It appears to be only Word or Excel as others work fine. OWA is being accessed on a front-end server. However, all attachments work fine when accessed through the back-end server. Any ideas? ...

cannot reply to some emails in outlook 2007
In some emails, i cannot seem to reply. I get a white area to type the reply, but when typing nothing appears. My signature doesn't appear automatically either, as it usually does. Other emails for some reason are just fine and I can reply to them without problem. Anyone have any suggestions? Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details see; http://www.msoutlook.inf...

change format of existing numbers
I have a worksheet with thousands of phone numbers on it, but not formatted as phone numbers. If I change the existing numbers' cell format to a custom ###-###-#### format, it won't format the numbers this way unless I double click in each cell (cell content edit mode) and press enter. Unlike regular number formats, it seems as though excel won't convert existing data to my custom format unless: -Cell is formatted and THEN number is entered -If cell has existing number, I must click INTO the cell (editing mode) Please help! much thanks mari Let me add to my ques...

Changing data orientation from one sheet to another
Hi, On sheet1 the data is oriented vertically as A1 A2 A3 I'd like on sheet2 the data be oriented horizontally A1 to A1 A2 to B1 A3 to B3 Can it be done? if so, how? TIA Olga Excell 07 Copy the data from sheet1 Select A1 of sheet2 and paste special>transpose. Note: cannot be done if you have more than 16384 rows of data in column A Also, I think you have a typo at A3 to B3.........maybe A3 to C1? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 19:55:12 +0200, "Olga" <noemail@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, >On sheet1 the data is oriented vertically as >A1 >A...

Weed out words...part 2
In Excel I am using data/filter/autofilter to filter my long list o words, one per row...trouble is in my Excel the columns are only 60,00 rows deep, and my word list is 1,500,000, This means I have to break m list into 26 seperate lists. This makes filtering ver laborious....Filtering works on only one column at a time, so I can' put many columns on one sheet....Any ideas please -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi I wouldn't use Excel for this. You may consider using for example a database (e.g. MS Access) for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "s...

Converting floppy backups from Money 2002 to 2007
I am getting messages that my files are corrupted or that the identified file may not be a Money file. Does this mean I need to follow some other process to recover my history now that I have installed Money 2007? You are trying to restore an M02 floppy backup in M07? You say "recover [your] history". Did you move to a new machine? M07 should have detected/upgraded your M02 file automatically if installed on the same machine as the machine that ran M02. At any rate, moving the .MNY file, via writable CD or USB flash drive or network, is almost alway a better choice than goi...

importing to Outlook 2007
How can I move emails stored in Demon Turnpike to Outlook 2007 pinehurst <pinehurst@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I move emails stored in Demon Turnpike to Outlook 2007 Export them with Demon Turnpike in whatever format it supports that's compatible with a format Outlook will import. A five second Google shows that Demon Turnpike can export in an mBox format. You should be able to import this into Outlook Express (use the Eudora or Netscape Communicator selection) and then export to Outlook from there. However, another five second consult of www.demon.net s...

Does anyone know how to uninstall a font in code?
Hi, All Does anyone know how to uninstall a font in code? I tried to delete the font file in the fonts folder, and broadcast WM_FONTCHANGE to all top-level windows. The file is deleted, but when I open the fonts folder, the font name is still there, and the size is 0, the font name is registry is also not be deleted. Please help, Thanks. Wang Yun >Does anyone know how to uninstall a font in code? Have you tried using RemoveFontResource? Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq ...

How many time can I activate Office 2007?
Just bout Office 2007 and loaded it onto my computer, now my computer is down and I need to load it onto another computer to do my schoolwork but I may have to load it again when I get my computer back from repair. How many times will i be able to load the software? As often as needed, assuming a retail version. If its an oem version you cannot install it on any other, but the origonal PC "goldengirlz2" <goldengirlz2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EBCB0F91-FAAE-4722-B591-87A2CDC7E03C@microsoft.com... > Just bout Office 2007 and loaded it ...

Change email address when someone gets married
I have a user who is getting married. Her last name is going to change. How do I change here email address and login name? Do I just have to create a new user and export her old email to a PST file and import it back? Thanks In ADUC, click the Email Adresses tab and change the email address. The best way to rename the user name is to right click the user in ADUC and click "rename". That way you can change the First and Last Name, Display Name AND the user name. "Brian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d59201c439d8$d5d40e60$a301280a...

Word 2008: fonts gone missing (Help!)
Hi everyone, I've just installed Office 2008. After launching Word I noticed that some of my fonts are missing in Word. I checked the fonts in my library (with Fontbook) and they were all there. Also in other apps, the fonts are still selectable. So it seems that all my fonts are still on my mac, but Word just doesn't show all of them in the drop down menu. Now the weird part: When I type in the name of one of these 'missing' fonts in the drop down menu, Word does find it and even lets me use it. Does any of you have an idea of how I can convince Word to show all fonts ...