Change color of "selected" (highlighted) text in Word 2008 for Mac 05-16-10

Word now uses a light blue, which I find hard to see against the white
background. Can this color be changed?

Thanks.

As far as I know there is no way. I don't know why the change. In Office 2004 they were black which is much more readable.
0
pjonesCET
5/16/2010 7:17:32 PM
There's no option in Word -- It's controlled by the OS X System Preferences
for Appearance which you can change to whatever you want.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 5/16/10 12:35 PM, in article
3C17CEA6-6435-43B0-A57E-422092A87E0D@microsoft.com, "Eric74"
<Eric74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Word now uses a light blue, which I find hard to see against the white
> background. Can this color be changed?
>
> Thanks.

0
CyberTaz

Prevent a selected range from viewing by others
dear all, pls advise any way to protect a selected range of cells, e.g. D2:D10, viewing by others or can be viewed by entering a password. Thanks in advance PL. It cannot possible using the Protect Sheet method, since your query is about protecting range of cells and its values from viewing. If it is a whole row or column means we can. I don=92t know whether it is possible in VBA or not. ----------------------- Ms-Exl-Learner ----------------------- On Jul 20, 3:06=A0pm, PatLee <patlee...@gmail.com> wrote: > dear all, > pls advise any way to protect a selected range of cell...

Change Appearance of Selected Shape Handle
Hi, is it possilbe to change the appearance of the handles when a shape is selected? By default a selected shap has the tiny green square boxess around it that allow you to resize the shape, and a round box to rotate the shap. Is it possible to change the shape or color or other attributes of these little boxes? Thanks. For uniformity, they have been designed this way. If you open any Visio stencil, the handles and rotation points will appear the same. So in the current versions of Visio, you can not change their appearance. Having said that, why would you want to do something differe...

Macro to work on selected cell
I have a macro that performs a routine on a row of data. My spreadsheet has many rows of data. How can I use only one macro that will work on any row that I have selected so that I don't need a different macro for every row? Thanks Barney You were NOT very specific. rows(activecell.row).copy >>> -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Barney" <barneypo@no-spambellsouth.net> wrote in message news:pvj3i.3523$923.1779@bignews3.bellsouth.net... >I have a macro that performs a routine on a row of data. My spreadsheet >has many ro...

Font colour not as selected.
I am having a similar problem to the last thread. When I create a publisher document and select red font colour it prints in blue. I am useing MS Office Proffesional 2003 (Home User Prgramme) Can anyone help please. Peter. -- Peter I'd check out my printer. Maybe a clogged cartridge. There should be a utility in the printer's control panel to clean the printer head. Right-click the printer in the Printer Folder, click Print Preferences. The tab maybe labeled Services. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Peter Piper" <PeterPiper@discussions.micr...

How do I change the highlight color of selected menu items?
I recently installed Office 2003 Professional on my computer, and in the programs the selected menu items are highlighted in orange. Selected cells in excel are also highlighted in orange (if I click on cell B19 the headers for colum B and row 13 are orange). This does not go with the color scheme of my computer, nor does it go with the color scheme I selected when I set my appearances. Is there any way to change this to a different color? It sounds like it's a windows setting to me. Maybe one more check... windows start button|settings|control panel|Display applet Appearance tab|a...

How can I get the selected codec?
Hello, I use the cap... functions for video recording from my webcam. How can I get the selected codec which I have selected from the video compression dialog of the webcam driver and which is used from the cap... function while recording? The problem is, that after each restart of my program I have to select my preferred codec again! I want to preselect my wished codec by program. I would be very glad for any ideas. Regards Marc Hello, best way to do this is to use DirectShow interfaces. See AmCap sample from DirectX sdk. enze, www.mpegcode.com - the CaptureEngine >-----Original...

Make copy of workbook based on selected criteria
I have created a workbook that I use to create the team rosters for a flag football league that currently has over 1100 kids and is getting bigger. Currently, it contains two worksheets named Players and RosterMaker. I have data validation in some of the cells on the RosterMaker sheet which removes the player's name from the dropdown list once it is chosen. The player's name is also removed from the available players list on the roster maker page as a fail-safe for me. I am currently looking to add a macro which would allow me to choose the number of teams from 4-12, the nu...

Counting selected cells
Hi How do I count how many cells the command Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToRight)).Select has selected? Thanks Wendy Try Msgbox Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlToRight)).Cells.Count -- Jacob "Wendy" wrote: > Hi > > How do I count how many cells the command Range(Selection, > Selection.End(xlToRight)).Select has selected? > > Thanks > > Wendy After running that line it would just be Selection.Cells.Count Tim "Wendy" <Wendy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6EA171D0-80...

CRectTracker--> Hilite the selected graphics
Hi, I am using CRectTracker to move my vector elements in my view. But I want to hilite the element with different color as it gets selected for move or mouse hovers over it or say trackers HitTest is successful. Once its moved the element should retain its original color. Hoping for your kind answer. Leya yang__lee@ausi.com wrote: > Hi, > > I am using CRectTracker to move my vector elements in my view. > But I want to hilite the element with different color as it gets > selected > for move or mouse hovers over it or say trackers HitTest is successful. > Once its mo...

Emailing all contacts in selected accounts
I think I may be missing something here so forgive me if this is a dumb question I want to find a bunch of accounts and email all of the contacts within those accounts If I go to the accounts page and do my search (perhaps using advanced find) such that all the records I want to email are now on the screen, if I use the actions menu to send email to them, will the software email all the contacts in those accounts? If not, how can I do this Thanks for your help Derek You sure can. Do your advanced find, then select which contacts you want to send (or all if you wish), then click "Acti...

Need Macro to manipulate the selected object on double clik.
I need this bad but can't take the time to learn visual basic etc. I need to take a double-clicked object (or keyboard short cut) and: 1. Flip it vertically 2. Rotate 180 degrees 3. If I am now seeing the backside, then apply a cross-hatch without changing the color or other properties. 4. Otherwise I am seeing the back side, (which is cross hatched), so remove the cross hatch. The selected object may be a group. Thanks in advance. ...

How to Get Selected Value from ComboBox
I'm having a difficult time getting the value from the selected item in a combobox. Windows forms app. I bind the combobox cboEmployee like so... OleDbConnection cn = new OleDbConnection(System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["myConnectionString"].ConnectionString); cn.Open(); OleDbDataAdapter da = new OleDbDataAdapter("select employee_number, employee_name from employees", cn); DataSet ds = new DataSet(); da.TableMappings.Add("Table", "employees"); da.Fill(ds); cboEmployees.DataSource = ds.Tables["employe...

Excel won't highlight selected cells
Hi. Just started having a problem today with selecting cells. I have worksheets that need to have the formatting changed on certain cells. Some need to be merged, some need to have different fonts, etc. Before today, I was able to hold the CTRL key down and select whatever cells needed to be changed (as a group). I can still do that, but only the Title row and columns (A,B,C...1,2,3,4...) are highlighted but not the individual cells that I have clicked on. The problem is more of a large annoyance and I can still get my work done but it takes much longer because I can'...

Accept Selected Track Changes
Hi, I have 100 track change itmes. I want to accept track changes in a section by selecting certain items. Is that possible? Thanks! Yes. Select the passage that has the changes you want to accept, and click accept. On Mar 31, 9:12=A0am, Maanu <Ma...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have 100 track change itmes. I want to accept track changes in a sectio= n > by selecting certain items. Is that possible? > > Thanks! ...

Change color of "selected" (highlighted) text in Word 2008 for Mac 05-16-10
Word now uses a light blue, which I find hard to see against the white background. Can this color be changed? Thanks. As far as I know there is no way. I don't know why the change. In Office 2004 they were black which is much more readable. There's no option in Word -- It's controlled by the OS X System Preferences for Appearance which you can change to whatever you want. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 5/16/10 12:35 PM, in article 3C17CEA6-6435-43B0-A57E-422092A87E0D@microsoft.com, "Eric74" <Eric74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

How can I get the current selected item from CTreeCtrl class?
Hello,All: I am trying to get the current selected item from the CTreeCtrl class. I was using GetSelectedItem() function, but sometimes it works badly, I wanna get the sub-item's HTREEITEM,however,I got its parents' HTREEITEM. I thought there must be something wrong with this function, is there anybody tell me how I can get the HTREEITEM of current item correctly? Thanks in advance!!! :-( Carl Well,maybe there's something wrong with my code.the following lines are some of my source code: I was defined an extended class by CTreeCtrl: CMyTreeClass:CTreeCtrl { ... private: ...

CRM 4.0 : How to have a pre-selected price list in quote forms
Hello, In my crm application, I have just one Price list. When I create a quote, I would like to have my Price list pre-selected and not that the user have to select it. (It is the same for th unit in product...) Do you have an idea how to do this ? Thanks for tour Help FB Hi FB, You may write Javacript to populate the PriceList field in the onLoad property of a Quote. You may refer to CRM SDK if you would like to learn more about client side scripting. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe Horwath http://www.crowecrm.com On Dec 16, 7:41=A0am, Fr=E9d=E9ric BAILLON <FrdricBAIL...@discuss...

inserting and deleting blank rows in selected range
I wanted to know how to insert a blank row alternatively between range of rows. It would be good if u can advise me on this. I wanted to know how to delete blanks row simultaneously between range of rows. It would be good if u can advise me on this. Highlight the entire row by clicking on the row number (in the gra area), you may click and drag (if you want to add several rows) Then right click and hit insert -- Mandy1 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mandy11's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1300 View th...

Landscape selected but printout persists in portrait. How to fix?
Occasionally, I have had a spreadsheet I created in landscape layout revert somehow to portrait. It still indicates that it is in landscape in the page setup menu but it print previews and prints in poitrait. I've tried copying the page to a new workbook, but it takes the portrait layout with it. Short of manually moving all my data to a new worksheet, what can I do to get back my landscape layout? excel page setup settings are different than your printer settings. sometimes one will override the other. i'd check them both. hth susan On Dec 2, 1:22=A0pm, R.Lamki...

Outlook 2007
I was having a strange problem with Outlook 2007. When viewing any mail folder, I can click on the column headers to change the sort order. When performing this action on one of my computers the currently selected Email remains selected, however, on another computer the selected email position is lost and the email at the top of the new sort order becomes selected. If I reset both "views" to their default settings, they still exhibit the same behaviour (one works as I expect, the other jumps to the top of the list upon changing the sort order). This is an annoying problem,...

How to get combo box selected index changed event in another page from the existing page in winforms
Hi, I am working on windows forms project. I have two winforms (window1 and window2). I have a combobox called cmbEmail in window1 and Textbox called txtName in window2. I want to retrieve some information into the txtName in window2 when I selected something from cmbEmail in window1. If I write code to retrieve something into the txtName (which is in window2) in cmbEmail SelectedIndexchanged event in window1, I will get an error of txtName doesn't exist in this page. Can anybody help me to solve this problem.. Thanks and Regards Naresh "Naresh" &...

How to printout only selected rows and columns
Hi all. here's my problem: I have a sheet with headers: first name, surname, address1, address2, someotherstuff I would like to select some rows (continous) and appropriate columns (continous) and get a simple printout of the selected data. ... for now Later I would like to fomat this data in order to get proper labels as prints. I am sorry ... I haven't a clou how to start this reasonably and would appreciate your help !! TIA Gina Under FILE on the menu, choose PAGE SETUP > Sheet. You should see two options: "Rows to repeat at top" & "Columns to repeat...

Want to Change Range Selected in Formula
I would like to pass a variable through a function. Based on the value, I have some ranges already name ie. Dataquestion#. I would like to be able to change the named range to use in this formula based on numbers, such as mQNo. Any help would be appreciated. mQNo = 1 Set mQuestionRange1 = Worksheets("Data").Range(Chr(34) & "DataQuestion" & mQNo & Chr(34)) This is siomple. I don't think you understadn strings. You don't need a second set of double quotes. It is that simple for example Var1 = "abc" Var2 = "def&q...

Importing Selected Source Book Data
I have a large source worksheet containing data in various columns. When a value is indicated in the "qty" column of the source book, I need the entire row of information to display and list in a second worksheet. How do I display only the selected information in the second worksheet? Personally, I'd keep the data in one location. You could apply Data|Filter|Autofilter, then filter on greater than 0 to show the values that you want. If you really want this stuff on another worksheet, you could copy those visible rows and paste into a new worksheet. Greyson wrote: > ...