cannot print graphics copied from word 2007 for PCs into an existing word document on my mac

Processor: Intel

0
Jenny_C

Instead of pasting. Try inserting the graphic. Isert menu > Pictur > from file. browse to location of file.
0
pjonesCET
5/10/2010 1:42:07 AM
I have tried that too without success, but thank you!
0
Jenny_C
5/10/2010 8:18:03 AM
Try resolving all tracked changes in that document, then see where you get
to.

I suspect it's a text attribute that is affecting the anchor paragraph for
the picture.

So either Tracked Changes, or "Hidden" text.

When you insert the images, what are you inserting them into (don't say "a
document", that's not he answer: WHAT in the document?) :-)

Cheers

On 10/05/10 6:18 PM, in article 59bb8395.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Jenny_C@officeformac.com" <Jenny_C@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I have tried that too without success, but thank you!

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John
5/10/2010 10:08:19 AM
0
Jenny_C
5/10/2010 10:55:41 AM
Try inserting the Picture first thing before the Table , chart or other item. A table tends to be the front most item and usually is set to position you originally draw it any pasted or inserted will end up behind it.
0
pjonesCET
5/10/2010 9:26:20 PM
I just tried and that hasn't worked. <br><br>This is very bizarre.
0
Jenny_C
5/10/2010 11:36:50 PM
Hi Jenny:

Well, if it works in other documents, just not in that one, the cause is
either tracked changes, hidden text, or document corruption :-)

The fact that you do not have tracked changes enabled does not mean the
document does not contain any.  However, if you're working in 2008, then the
Reviewing toolbar would be visible if the document did contain any tracked
changes.

"Hidden" is a font attribute.  Select a picture and choose Format>Font.  If
"Hidden" is checked, it won't print :-)

If it's a corrupt document, try a Maggie:

The Maggie:

1. Create a new blank document
2. Carefully select all of the text in the bad document EXCEPT the last
paragraph mark
3. Copy it.
4. Paste in the new document.
5. Save under a new file name and close all, then re-open.

This technique for de-corrupting is known as "Doing a 'Maggie'", after
Margaret Secara from the TECHWR-L mailing list, who first publicised the
technique.

Hope this helps

On 10/05/10 8:55 PM, in article 59bb8395.3@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Jenny_C@officeformac.com" <Jenny_C@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> Thanks for the response.  I don't have track changes activated on the document
> as I am the only person making edits at present.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by "hidden text", is there a viewing option to
> uncover this?  I've clicked on the 'non-printing characters' button to
> visualize things a bit better but that's as far as I got.
>
> I am inserting or copying the image into a blank page in the document.  There
> is a word table on the page before and some text lines on the page below.
> There is no page break separating the pages.  When I right-click 'text
> wrapping' on the image itself, I have tried all the options (e.g. in line with
> text, behind etc.) and nothing changes i.e. I can see it but still not
> pre-view or print it...
>
> Jenny

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John_McGhie_
5/11/2010 9:31:26 AM
0
Jenny_C
5/11/2010 6:34:20 PM
Hi Jenny:

Yes, that's "Working as designed".

Pictures are NOT visible in the other views.

But if the picture does not apepar in File>Print Preview, then it's not
going to print, either.

If the picture doesn't show up in Print Preview, that's usually because
Word>Preferences>Print>Include with Document>Drawing Objects is switched
off.

But it can also be document corruption.  Create a blank document, plop a
picture into it, and test it.

Cheers

On 12/05/10 4:34 AM, in article 59bb8395.7@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Jenny_C@officeformac.com" <Jenny_C@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> This idea sounded so promising but alas did not work.  I'm not sure what to do
> other than start a new document on my work computer drive and work on it
> remotely, which I'd like to avoid as the screen size is a lot smaller.
>
> I went through the different viewing options on my document.  Interestingly,
> the picture is only visible in web and print layout but not in any of the
> other options.  Does that mean anything?
>
> Jenny

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John_McGhie_

printing copies

Receiving email in outlook 2007
Trying to send/receive, send works fine but can not receive any emails. Receiving error 0x800ccc0f the connection to the server was interrepted. the server responded - ERR concurrent connections limit in avast exceeded (pass:20,processes:Rps.exe[20]), there is a collision with another program. I checked all settings and they seem fine. Anyone else getting this message or know what I should do. Thanks for you help. Mark wrote: > Trying to send/receive, send works fine but can not receive any emails. > Receiving error 0x800ccc0f the connection to the server was interr...

Converting Microsoft Works 9.0 to Office Small Business 2007
I am trying to convert my Microsoft Works 9.0 to Office Small Business 2007. I putchased the upgrade when I bought my computer which had Works 9.0 already instealled. I installed the "fix" KB943290 but then was prompted to insert the discs which weren't included with the computer so I purchased a new version of Works 9.0 and unistalled what was on the computer and reinstalled using the disk. Now where do I go to enter the Key Code from the upgrade to install Office Small Business? I haven't seen a step by step in any previous threads so any help would be...

Copy buttons by rows
I'm learning Excel by myself and I've run into something I can't figur out. I have a button at the end of a row that takes 4 seperate cell from that row and puts them in 4 seperate cells on another sheet. want to be able to make 1000 buttons that will be at the end of eac row that takes the data from that row and puts it on another sheet jus so I can print it, but I don't want to make them one at a time. Unles there is another way... -- Optitro ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Optitron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.ph...

Ghosted print and print preview

Word 2007 Configuration at start up
Word opens very slowly because it performs a configuration process every time it starts? I should mention that Exel opens fine as well as other Office 2007 program. Also I did have Word 2000 installed but took it off already and also un installed the trial version that was on here. So those fixes have been tried already. "miatapete" wrote: > Word opens very slowly because it performs a configuration process every time > it starts? Run Word as administrator and allow it to reconfigure. If you have more than one Word version installed - see the registry chan...

Report from Access 2003 to 2007 problem

Print Dynamic Range

re: can't open corrupted word doc? encoding garbage?
Hey Mac Geniuses, I fix mac computers too, so I'd love your take & expert advice on my friend's computer w/ these two issues. Searched forums & google with varying degrees much luck. I DID find this post from google groups: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office.word/browse_thread/thread/d9a81587a602f5ba/1e19331b62dc937c?lnk=gst&q=corrupted+#1e19331b62dc937c Thanks in advance for your help!!! Definitely much appreciated! Here are the two main issues: 1. Corrupted word for mac issues She cannot open these files. It also seems to be &quo...

TCP/IP printing

Outlook 97 showing only links, no graphics
Emails I receive do not show the graphics, just the links to the graphics. Is there a setting to show the graphics and not the links? Outlook 97 does not support HTML so you will never see graphics in it. Outlook 98 was the first version to support HTML. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Eldon Swenson <eswenson@hot.rr.com> asked: | Emails I receive do not show the graphics, just the links to the | graphics. Is there a setting to show the graphics and not the links?...

Printing booklet

How do I stop my Publisher 2003 document from saving as a webpag.
When I save a particular publication ( a newsletter) in Publisher 2003 as a Publisher 2000 document (so I can work on it elsewhere) it opens as a web page instead of a print document. When I convert it back to print, I lose a few inches of print on the left page that just don't print even when I change the margins. The missing print shows on the screen normally, it is only in print preview and on paper that it cuts off. Can I stop this from happening? Can I retrieve the missing print? Please help! You may have to reconstruct this publication. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://off...

Check printing in GP 7.0

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

Problems with printing

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

Copying linked sheet
Worksheet 1 has each cell linked from various cells in another workbook. I want to copy and link the whole of worksheet 1 into worksheet 2. When I try to, (Paste special, Paste link), all the cells have 0 in them, instead of the data. It may be because when I open spreadsheet 1, it says there is a circular reference. We've worked out that the original worksheet was linked in the same workbook and was then copied, but trying to copy 'from the copy' caused the problem. But when we now try to copy and link from the original, we lose the formatting, even though we tick ...

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

Printing in Vista

Question about automating Word within vb6
Hi, I have a program for writing reports that is used by companies whose users are not very good with computers or using various other programs such as Word or Excel. To make sure that the users always saved the reports with the correct name and in the proper place, I have save and close options within the program. To keep them from inadvertently using the Word Save or Close options, I had a toolbar always on top which covered the Word options and would allow the users to save the report within the program properly and in the correct place. Since I use a .dot form if they trie...

Printing problem