Calculation function in table won't add correctly

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Text2                                     10 <br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Text3                                     10 <br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Text6                                     10  <br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Text7                                     10 <br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Text8                                     10 <br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Text9                                     10 <br>
Diane
0
TheContractorsGroup

Diane
0
TheContractorsGroup
5/20/2010 5:06:14 AM
0
AlanMac
5/20/2010 5:37:02 AM
You aren't doing anything wrong, but the product does not work with
intermediate values in form fields correctly - you may find the
following link useful:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211253

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 20/05/2010 06:05, TheContractorsGroup@officeformac.com wrote:
> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel
> Hey All! =)
>
> Happy middle of the week!
>
> I have created a table that has a column of numbers on the right.
>
> I have used Form Fields for entering the numbers.
>
> There are several sections and each section several rows.
>
> Each section adds up so if I have a section that has 3 rows and I enter
> 10.00 in each form field then that section will total up to 30.00.
>
> The next section has 5 rows and I enter 10.00 in each form field and
> that section totals up to 50.00.
>
> I have several sections like this and each section totals up perfectly.
>
> But when I get to the bottom and need a Grand Total, I can't get it to
> add correctly.
>
> Here's an example:
>
> Form Field Name Amount entered in Form Field
>
> Text1 10
> Text2 10
> Text3 10
> Text4 30 (this is an auto sum, Text1 thru Text3)
>
> Text5 10
> Text6 10
> Text7 10
> Text8 10
> Text9 10
> Text10 50 (this is an auto sum, Text5 thru Text9)
>
> Now I want to add the form fields Text4 and Text10 together, and the
> total will appear in the form field Text11.
>
> Logically the sum should be 80 but instead it's 8080.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Thank you so much for your help!!
> Diane
0
Peter
5/20/2010 11:02:55 AM
Diane
0
TheContractorsGroup
5/20/2010 8:51:26 PM
Broadly speaking, for a field inside a table, the references are to
cells with columns A,B,C and rows 1,2,3, i.e. the 4th row of the 5th
column is E4.

So if you have value 3 in B2 and value 5 in E4, then the field

{ =B2+E4 } in (say) cell F5 should evaluate to 8.

If the same field is outside the table, you need to bookmark the table
(e.g. select the table and create a bookmark like tbl1) then use, e.g.
{ =sum(tbl1 b2,tbl1 e4) }

  a. Don't bookmark your table with a name that can be confused with a
cell reference such as T1
  b. I don't think you can do {=tbl1 b2+tbl1 e4 }

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 20/05/2010 21:51, TheContractorsGroup@officeformac.com wrote:
> Hi Guys!
>
> Thank you for your help!
>
> I'm trying to make any of the suggestions above work but I'm wondering
> if I need to know what the Table Cell Reference Numbers are. If I do
> need to know that, how do I find out what the Reference Number for a
> Table Cell is?
>
> Thank you!!
> Diane
0
Peter

Pivot Tables. A goob book required
I need a power users book on Excel 2000 or later Pivot Tables. Any Suggestions Please? WardB I don't know of any books dedicated to PivotTables, but there are some links to information here: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Pivots/pivotlinks.htm WardBell wrote: > I need a power users book on Excel 2000 or later Pivot > Tables. Any Suggestions Please? > > WardB -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

How to calculate age of a person?

Worksheet Function #2
I have a worksheet that has the following information: Initials of an employee, new loans signed up and all the relevant information i.e. DJC 12345 50,000.00 MORTGAGE DJC 22456 10,000.00 1999 Chevrolet AAB 66442 25,000.00 OPERATING LOAN AAB 60077 9,000.00 UNSECURED I have a separate worksheet that I need to list all of the loans under each specific employee. What formula would I use? I've tried LOOKUP but it will only find the first set of initials and data. -- sworr data>filter>autofilter>filter on the init...

Exclude zeros 0s from avg function in Reporting Services 2005
Hi all, I have what I think is quite a good question - ie, difficult to answer! :) Supposing I have 10 rows each containg a fee value but only one row actually has a figure in it of, lets say, 10. All the other rows by default, instead of being empty will show zeros. If I wanted to display the average for all the rows, I simply add a group, add a footer and add the expression "=AVG(Fields!Fee.Value)" This would return the value 1 (10 divided by 10 rows) However, I want to only average where the value is NOT zero. I tried the following but just got "#Error" ...

Due Date Calculated

Number not showing correctly
Hi, I had tried to enter a 12digit number in a worksheet but after entering it its not showing the coorrect number.Eg Iam trying to enter 857268578633 in the work sheet but after entering its showing 8.57269e+11 Why its happened Like this can you please explain me the format of the cell is probably 'General' instead of number. When you select number you can select the number of decimal places and/or the comma and negative number format if you like. If it then shows up as ###### or still has the scientific format appearance, you can widen the column. "Nawas" wrote: ...

how to calculate outliers

Inventory transactions not clearing open tables when posted
I'm seeing a number of inventory adjustment and transfer transactions remain in the open tables after posting. Any ideas on what could cause that? Is there any reason that the same transaction should be in IV10000 and IV30200; or IV10001 and IV30300? Thx. -- Jim@TurboChef Are you using single use Inventory batches? -- dlothspe[MSFT]@online.microsoft.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. Do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. "Jim@TurboChef" <JimTurboChef@discussions....

Calculated field options???

Getting primary/foreign keys and referenced tables and columns
OK, I've been wrestling with this for a while; time to ask for help. I need a query (SQL 2005/2008) that, given a table name, will return the column information for that table as shown in SSMS (schema name, table name, column name, if it's a primary or foreign key; AND, additionally, if it is a foreign key - the referenced table and column that contains the primary key). I have been able to put together a query to get primary keys and one to get the foreign keys, but unable to pull it all together with the inclusion of the reference information for foreign keys! Any h...

tenure calculations

How to add formulas together, hours & minutes function.
Hi Group, Please could you give me an all singing, all dancing formula, or an explanation of how to put these together. A1 B1 23:00 07:30 =IF(B1<A1,B1+1,B1)-A1 This gives me the hours and minutes 8:30 in C1 (Format/Custom/HH:MM) One hour needs to be added so... =C1+01:00 gives me 09:30 in D1 (Format/Custom/HH:MM) Then I need it dislayed in decimal format =D1*24 which gives me 9.5 in E1(Format/General) It's not actually set out like that A1 B1 C1 D1, with the result I need in E1, but it makes it easier to explain. It's not urgent, as I already have the calculato...

Time Sheet Function to Calculate

Formula to calculate time

Insert calculated median field in pivottable
Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. Thanks, Joel Not supported in a pivot -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Joel Schaefer" <joel@disintegrators.com> wrote in message news:ev4P0Nk6FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried > inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. > > Thanks, > > Joel > ...

Javascript help, calculation whoes when calculating from a calculation....
I am having a strange issue with Javascript and I cannot see what the issue us? Essentially I need to be able to calculate two values, one is addition and the second is multiplication. I am getting some strange numbers. My code is at the bottom under the ------, here are the details. crmForm.all.estimatedvalue.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_nextyr.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_yrtwoplus.DataValue = 10 This should make totalestrev = 30, Then its getting weird, I am taking the following formula (10/100)*30 = 270? Here 10 is the value selected from the drop down value, I ...

Help with D functions
I'm having a great deal of trouble figuring this problem out. I think need to use a D function. I want to find the top ten values in database, how do I go about doing that? Edit: Also is there a way to edit the same cell position on multipl sheets at the same time -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi have a look at the RANK function (also see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/rank.htm) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I'm having a great deal of trouble figuring this problem out. I think > I need to use a D function. I want to find the top ten value...

Linked Table in Access database
I have a Bluetooth enabled Laptop & I have 2 Bluetooth enabled mobiles named as AX1 & AY1 My Laptop display these mobiles in main window of Bluetooth as follows AX1 AY1 I am aware that Bluetooth has device list(a data list like table) & the same is dispayed in main window(like a form). My question is how to link this device list in my Microsoft Access database table? hi Ο "apcalogic" <apcalogic@discussions.microsoft.com> έγραψε στο μήνυμα news:F6B834B0-9C8E-49B6-8061-CC3E348D023A@microsoft.com... > > I have a Bluetooth enabled Laptop &a...

calculator errors
when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a1,b1) into cell c1. If a1 is 1000 and b1 is .10 than c1 should equal 100, but it equals 102.04. My calculator is off somehow when i try to multiply. Please help me. Thank You, Kat I'd take a look at the values in A1 and B1. Are they really 1000 and .10 or are they 1000.49999 or .10444 (for example) "Kat and the Calculator" <KatandtheCalculator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:591A3F6E-7C20-4C88-B1E2-6B76CFF502BA@microsoft.com... > when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a...

Calculating Employee hours for the current week
Hello, I am new to excel and have been assigned the task of creating a file that breaks down the amount of time each of our employees spends on different projects. Most importantly I want to create a rollup sheet that shows the total number of hours all the employees have spent on the different projects (there are 6) for the current week. Is there any way for excel to figure out the current week then add together the hours all the employees worked on these 6 projects? Thanks in advance. Hi, Take a look at the templates available from Microsoft at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/template...

Functions #3
Hi, I am new to Excel 2007 and have done all the 'training' offered on the Microsoft website. I am now interested in learning about the different functions. I have been reading the posts on here, especially the ones asking about formulas. As I don't find the Excel Help files very easy to understand, can anyone recommend a website which explains things clearly, like "$" "!", etc. Thanks. Try this for starters http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/FX100646951033.aspx -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was ...

What does this calculation do?!
I am working with a colleague to create a spreadsheet to rank supervisor performance through several aspects of the average performance of their employees. We have been given a similar spreadsheet as an example of what is needed. I am looking at it, and initially cannot understand what in the world some of the calcuations are meant to do. Here is one that is meant to calculate the "ranking score." It is a percentage determined by a target percentage and the person's actual performance percentage: =IF(IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)>200,200,IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)) As far as I ...