Bullets while typing gives λ symbol.

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC

I often use bullets on the fly, typing in the asterisk *, then a space, then the text, then hitting enter to get the automatic bulleted list. For some strange reason, lately, when I do this process, I don't get my usual bullet symbol (solid black dot), I get the lambda λ symbol. I've tried many ways to correct this, with no luck. Any suggestions? Please and thank you.
0
Kirk_King

Next time, apply the style List Bullet to the paragraph.

That's what the Autocorrect will give you the time after.  Autocorrect
simply re-creates the bullet format most recently used.

Hope this helps

On 5/06/10 11:43 PM, in article 59bb96a3.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Kirk_King@officeformac.com" <Kirk_King@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I
> often use bullets on the fly, typing in the asterisk *, then a space, then the
> text, then hitting enter to get the automatic bulleted list. For some strange
> reason, lately, when I do this process, I don't get my usual bullet symbol
> (solid black dot), I get the lambda &#955; symbol. I've tried many ways to
> correct this, with no luck. Any suggestions? Please and thank you.

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John_McGhie_

Unrecognized Data Type in SOAP Envelope
My objective is to send a SOAP formatted request to a web method hosted by the M.S. TerraServer. I use the HTTP Post method. I also use the HttpWebRequest object to build the request. The problem is that I get the wrong answer. In this case I get incorrect coordinates. I can use different inputs and get the same result. I suspect I might be formatting the data types incorrectly. Here is the SOAP Envelope <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/...

Why Type "Mismatch"???
Are there anybody who with experienced eyes can see the cause of the error? I use one sheet as a "storage" or template for formulas and they are like a ordinary formula pointing at specific excel cells etc. I have only deleted the "=" in the beginning. I try to reconstruct a formula now and use in vba like Sample code: Sub RestoreFormulas () Set Sheet118.Range("C29:G48").Cells.Formula = "=" & Sheet203.Range ("C29:G48").Cells.Value End Sub A typical template formula in one cell is: NkSc2!$D$29-NkSc1!$D$29 but that doesn't matter, I ...

how do I type around the edges of a triangle
How do I type around the edge of a triangle, circle or square? Three text boxes and rotate them as needed. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Publisher "oneelegantone" wrote: > How do I type around the edge of a triangle, circle or square? WordArt? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "oneelegantone" <oneelegantone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FA313D1-38FF-4410-A7D8-041C0AB8521C@microsoft.com... > How do I type around the edge of a triangle, circle or square? ...

Need to be able to open a type of attachment
Can't see e-mail from friend's short manuscript. Says "please enable javascript." What does that mean and where can I find it? That is in IE. Open Internet Explorer - Tools - Internet Options - Security tab - see button "Custom Level" (click it) - scroll down, Java is near end of list. "diane donovan" <dramdonovan@cox.net> wrote in message news:6F16D18A-157D-4326-ADF8-2915F43B616A@microsoft.com... > Can't see e-mail from friend's short manuscript. Says "please enable > javascript." What does that mean...

POP Returns: Return Type vs Inventory Type
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C77B79.AF17CBA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Sorry for the confusion, What is the distinguishing difference between a Return and an Inventory = Type of Return (selections can be made in the Returns Transaction Entry = window : Transactions > Purchasing > Returns Transaction entry)? Thanks in advance. ------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C77B79.AF17CBA0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printa...

Combobox Help needed
Hello, I have been trying to populate a Combobox with a filter set to what is being typed in the combo's edit control. If I type in "C" it selects the first 40 "C" then I would like to type in "u" clear the listbox portion and put in the first 40 "Cu" etc.. I would need to clear only the combo's edit box but unfortunately ResetContent()also clears the edit box. It gets the first 40 "C" but then the edit box is cleared. I have also tried using DeleteString. void CCustView::OnEditupdateCombo1() { UpdateData(); if (i>0) { m_CbCust....

Bulleted text without bullets
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3355074214_522160 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit OS X 10.6.3 Office 2008 Word 12.2.4 Created a Word document, added bulleted text, saved it, printed it, looked fine. Closed the document and Word. Reopened the same document an hour later and the bullets had changed to small open boxes. Printed it, no bullets, no boxes. Tried to change the boxes back to bullets, couldn�t...

typing text on full page picture
i want a grey scale picture in background with text on top. Are you asking how to do this? Create a text box, type your text, and insert your picture on the page Change the Order of picture to "Send to Back" and make sure that the layout properties of the picture are not set to wrap. -- James Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida "Spiritsis" <Spiritsis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D0EABCB-337E-4EB0-8393-38004136D26B@microsoft.com... > i want a grey scale picture in background with text on top. Is your image al...

Indentation in bulleted list
How do I inent the second line of a bulleted list? Thanks! Is this Word 2007? Then you should right-click the bulleted paragraph and choose Adjust List Indents from the context menu. In the dialog box, "Bullet position" is the distance from the left margin to the bullet character; "Text indent" is the distance to the text from the left margin. For a hanging indent, you would specify a larger value than for "Bullet position." For "Follow number with," choose "Tab character." Select "Add tab stop at," and then specify the ...

Bullet
Dear gurus, is there any way I can insert bullets into excel file? just like in words? thanks in advance. regards, Steven --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.550 / Virus Database: 342 - Release Date: 09-12-2003 No, but you can create a bullet by holding down Alt key while typing 0149 with the numpad, -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Steven Yong" <csyong@ebworx.com> wrote in message news:OajQ5EGwDHA.2492@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Dear gurus, > > is there any way I can insert bullets i...

I need type one name and get all data Help!
I have a large number of test scores for students that I cut and paste from various places . I need to get all of the various scores o different tests to report for the correct student. So, if I type "John Smith", all of the scores we have for John would b reported on the same worksheet. I've spent HOURS and can't figure it out! Thanks! Jaso -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi why not use 'Data - Filter' on your main sheet? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I have a large number of test scores for students that I cut and > pas...

Would like a basic lesson, please, in what these Email types mean and how they are used in AD
We use Active Directory on a Windows 2000 Server domain (native mode). We use MS Exchange Server 2000 for our email/collaboration. She is trying to use the GroupWise client, and connected to a GW server, outside of our network, to do her email, check other managers' calendars, etc. She can send and receive Internet email just fine. She can send and receive email at this wider network just fine. She can send email to me (within our network), but any email I send to her, or any email she sends to me and I reply to, never gets to her. The funny thing is that we never get any "undel...

List Box and Typing
When you type a letter and the list box has focus, the list jumps to the first record that starts with that letter. Is there a way to make that record be at the top of the list instead of the bottom of the list box? -- Thanks As Always Rip UNTESTED --- You could have an event or macro to run On Change to GoTo Record - Next and use the offset as to the number you have in your listbox display. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Ripper" wrote: > When you type a letter and the list box has focus, the list jumps to the > first record that starts with that let...

pps file type
I have Microsoft Office PowerPoint Viewer 2007 i have received a few e-mail with pps extention and i try to open it and it states Name: (subject of file) Type: pps_auto_file, 1.45 MB From: ip address i click open and nothing happens. if i attempt to save i can only onto either pps files or all files no microsoft powerpoint slide show no nothing how can i fix this issue? would appreciate a response to my conern. thanks If this happens with all the PowerPoint Shows (pps) files you receive. You might try saving one to your hard drive, and then right click on that file ...

Blocking Attachment Types
I never cared about this until now, but is there an area in exchange where I can block file attachments such as *.mp3 *.wmv etc. On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 10:06:47 -0400, "Mr. Backup" <backup@yahoo.com> wrote: >I never cared about this until now, but is there an area in exchange where I >can block file attachments such as *.mp3 *.wmv etc. > > Not in Exchange. You can do this in the Outlook client (post a question in those groups to get the right location). In Exchange you would need the spam filter that you purchased to sit on top of or in front of Exchange to do ...

instructions disppear when users begin type (text field)
Hi all, I need to customize the outlook contact form and I want to add one text field to allow users to add details info and instruct users how to add. Instructions shows in the field and the instructions disappear when users click and begin to type. How should I do this? exchange 2003/outlook2003 Thank you. It's hard for me to visualize exactly what you're expecting to happen. If you want the instructions to stay on the screen, you could display them in a label control. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumps...

How do you get the X bar mathematical symbol?
We cannot type the mathematical equation for standard deviation without the X bar symbol. Does anyone know if there is one available? TZ You can use the Microsoft equation editor from within Excel. Alternately, you can look for a font that contains that symbol (a font newsgroup would likely be able to give more specific information). It has been reported that the Math Ext font contains the Xbar symbol. If you have old MS CD's you might find it there http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;179595 Alternately http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/wptoword.html cl...

Creating a new account type in 2004
I have 3 general account types: Bank, Credit, and Investment. I would like to partition my Investment accounts (n=10) into 2 new groups - Investments (money not in a retirement-type account) and Retirement(IRA, Deferred Comp., etc.). In the end, I would have 4 types/groups of accounts - Banking, Credit, Investment, Retirement. Is there any way to do this? Thanks You can create additional Investment Accounts and designate one or more of them a retirement account. You cannot define a new category of accounts for Money. "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Bullet list
I have a list of 25 items, each item a new line. I want to apply bullets to each line, but when I highlight the list and go to Bullets and Numbers, only the first line comes out with a bullet. How can I get all the lines with bullets? (Doing each line seperately does not work.) Thanks. For bullets to work there has to be a hard return after each item. Shift+return doesn't work. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Tom C" <TomC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1C9E047-43B8-41EA-8651-AB274DCCDA0C@microsoft.com... >I have a list of 25 items, eac...

Store similar types of records all in one table or separate tables?
Suppose you want to have four different types of records. Each of these records have numerous fields in common, and a few fields that are unique to each type of record. Most of the fields are related to other tables, but a few are simply text fields or Booleans. Which is better?: Keeping track of all 3 types of records in a single table. Or Creating separate tables for each type of record. Is one solution clearly better or is it just a matter of opinion? Thanks in advance, Tom On Fri, 6 Nov 2009 09:13:14 -0800 (PST), tryit <tryit.ca@gmail.com> w...

Bullets
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, I am taking notes during class in the notebook layout view. I am having a problem promoting/demoting single bullet headings. When I press tab or shift+tab the line I want moves, plus everything below it. Is there a keyboard shortcut or other way to just promote/demote a single line and not everything underneath it? I realized I posted this in wrong section. Please ignore this post > Hi, I am taking notes during class in the notebook layout view. I am having a problem promoting/demoting single bullet headings. Wh...

Strike Through - Bulleted items
WOrd 2002 I am trying to use "strike through" with a document that contains quite a number of bulleted lists. I carefully select the words in the bullet and apply strike through. But, it strikes through not only the selected text, but also the bullet itself and the empty space between the bullet and the text. I've shut of "smart paragraph selection" to keep it from grabbing more than I want. If I do not select the first character in the text, it works fine. It also works fine if I select from the start but not the end of the text.I've tried turning on ...

bullets
There should be some way to customize the bullets as user defined mini-pictures like we do in Word. Can anyone help???? You will have to do it manually "Lavanya" <Lavanya@discussions.microsoft.com> > > There should be some way to customize the bullets as user defined > mini-pictures like we do in Word. Can anyone help???? Lavanya, Dear..........we've covered this issue with you at least two other times. It can't be done. Publisher is not Word. And I'm grateful it isn't. Ever try to do DTP work with Word? YUCK!!! -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsof...

Delete cells in Excel 2007 give a pop up: delete entire sheet row?
I just want to delete the cells and shift to the left but it doesn't give me that option. Why? On Jan 15, 1:51=A0pm, frogman7 <frogm...@googlemail.com> wrote: > I just want to delete the cells and shift to the left but it doesn't > give me that option. =A0Why? I found out some interesting info. The cells in question did not have any filters on them but the sheet did have a few cells that had filtering on them that is why I got the delete entire sheet row? pop up. I took the filter off of the few cells on the sheet and tried again and it worked. ...

How to link bullet icon to List Bullet style?
In 2007, how can I link the bullet icon to the List Bullet style? Thanks! Sandra You can intercept the built-in FormatBulletDefault command by placing this simple macro in your normal.dotm: Sub FormatBulletDefault() Selection.Paragraphs(1).Style = wdStyleListBullet End Sub For assistance, see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm. But note that this macro will only run if you click the Bullet button; it doesn't run if you press the arrow on the Bullet button (which allows you to choose a specific bullet format). To apply the List Bullet style, it's actuall...