Better to "nest" or use multi-level list?

I'm in the process of creating/defining a style(s) for a list that will
be numbered in "level 1" and have indented bullets in "level 2."

For such a list is it better to define a multi-level list style and
linked paragraph styles?

Or use one's already defined numbered list and use one of the Word's
pre-defined bullet lists when needed for the second level?

As part of this question, is is preferable not to have a style "nested"
within another style or doesn't it matter?

Thank you.

--
Norm
0

Hi Norm:

I'm not sure why you're asking this, you've already done this a couple of
times.

1)  define a List Style.  It will have nine levels but you need only two of
them.

2)  Define two paragraph styles into levels 1 and 2.  As usual, these
paragraph styles cannot be used for anything else.

3)  In your List Style, define numbers onto level 1, and bullets on level 2.
So yes, of course it must be a multilevel Outline List, since it has more
than one level.

4)  Define your indents and font properties and tab settings as you wish in
the two paragraph styles.

Cheers

On 22/02/10 9:48 AM, in article
qfadnd0l6fC8BB_WnZ2dnUVZ_vWdnZ2d@speakeasy.net, "Norm"
<NOSPAM@nospam.invalid> wrote:

> I'm in the process of creating/defining a style(s) for a list that will
> be numbered in "level 1" and have indented bullets in "level 2."
>
> For such a list is it better to define a multi-level list style and
> linked paragraph styles?
>
> Or use one's already defined numbered list and use one of the Word's
> pre-defined bullet lists when needed for the second level?
>
> As part of this question, is is preferable not to have a style "nested"
> within another style or doesn't it matter?
>
> Thank you.

matters unless you intend to pay!

 --

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word); Consultant Technical Writer,
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia.

0
John
2/24/2010 12:42:00 AM
Hi John:

In article <C7A9E008.5A35%john@mcghie.name>,
 John McGhie <john@mcghie.name> wrote:

> Hi Norm:
>
> I'm not sure why you're asking this, you've already done this a couple of
> times.

Because I wasn't asking how to do that. ;)

I probably didn't ask my question clearly enough. I'll try again.....but
I'll leave my first post below with the original question(s).

Simply put: Are there negatives to nesting a bullet style inside a list
style to accomplish the same result as creating a multi-level style?

Thanks,

Norm

--
Norm
0

The simplistic answer is "Yes:  Word won't let you do that."

Expanded, that becomes:  You cannot nest one list inside another, because a
paragraph can be a member of only one list at a time.  So the moment you
define a paragraph style into a list style, you remove any list properties
it previously had and replace them with the settings in the list style.

Cheers

On 24/02/10 9:08 AM, in article
rPednZeZ4b9brxjWnZ2dnUVZ_vednZ2d@speakeasy.net, "Norm"
<NOSPAM@nospam.invalid> wrote:

> Hi John:
>
> In article <C7A9E008.5A35%john@mcghie.name>,
>  John McGhie <john@mcghie.name> wrote:
>
>> Hi Norm:
>>
>> I'm not sure why you're asking this, you've already done this a couple of
>> times.
>
> Because I wasn't asking how to do that. ;)
>
> I probably didn't ask my question clearly enough. I'll try again.....but
> I'll leave my first post below with the original question(s).
>
> Simply put: Are there negatives to nesting a bullet style inside a list
> style to accomplish the same result as creating a multi-level style?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Norm
>

>> On 22/02/10 9:48 AM, in article
>> qfadnd0l6fC8BB_WnZ2dnUVZ_vWdnZ2d@speakeasy.net, "Norm"
>> <NOSPAM@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm in the process of creating/defining a style(s) for a list that will
>>> be numbered in "level 1" and have indented bullets in "level 2."
>>>
>>> For such a list is it better to define a multi-level list style and
>>> linked paragraph styles?
>>>
>>> Or use one's already defined numbered list and use one of the Word's
>>> pre-defined bullet lists when needed for the second level?
>>>
>>> As part of this question, is is preferable not to have a style "nested"
>>> within another style or doesn't it matter?
>>>
>>> Thank you.

matters unless you intend to pay!

 --

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word); Consultant Technical Writer,
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia.
Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410; mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
John
2/25/2010 1:32:38 AM
Hi John:

Thanks to the patience of a mvp, I was able to easily create a
multi-level list with numbered paragraphs in level 1 and bullets in
level 2. :-)

But re: the subject of this thread, I'm still confused as you'll see
below.

In article <C7AB3D66.5ABE%john@mcghie.name>,
 John McGhie <john@mcghie.name> wrote:

> The simplistic answer is "Yes:  Word won't let you do that."
>
> Expanded, that becomes:  You cannot nest one list inside another, because a
> paragraph can be a member of only one list at a time.  So the moment you
> define a paragraph style into a list style, you remove any list properties
> it previously had and replace them with the settings in the list style.

Hmmm.... it "seemed" to work for me.

Instead of using my multi-level list style, I decided to test another
approach before starting this thread.

I applied my own one level list style to a paragraph.

I then applied one of Word 2008's bullet styles to the next paragraph.

It gave me the same result as my multi-level style and all "seemed" well.

I'm going to use my multi-level style but I'm interested for possible
future style creations if I could have followed this 2nd approach of my
one level style and Word's style.

Thanks,

Norm

--
Norm
0

The second approach creates two lists in the document, one containing the
paragraphs in Style 1, the other containing the paragraphs in style 2.

Because they are completely unrelated, Promote/demote doesn't work, tab to
change level doesn't work, and restart on higher doesn't work.

It is irrelevant who created the styles: the thing that decides what happens
is the properties of the styles, which are assigned by YOU :-)

A List Style creates a single list with one or more levels in it (there are
always potentially nine levels, but only one may be in use).

Your approach creates two lists, each capable of containing only a single
level.

If you WANT only a single level (say, a list that contains only bullets, or
a list that contains only numbers) then it doesn't matter which way you do
it.  The moment you need more than one level in a list, and need that level
to be related in any way to another level (e.g. Because you want to use
promote/demote) then you must use a List Style to create the relationship.

Cheers

On 25/02/10 10:34 AM, in article
lZ-dna6Ti4AGBRvWnZ2dnUVZ_h2dnZ2d@speakeasy.net, "Norm"
<NOSPAM@nospam.invalid> wrote:

> Hi John:
>
> Thanks to the patience of a mvp, I was able to easily create a
> multi-level list with numbered paragraphs in level 1 and bullets in
> level 2. :-)
>
> But re: the subject of this thread, I'm still confused as you'll see
> below.
>

> In article <C7AB3D66.5ABE%john@mcghie.name>,
>  John McGhie <john@mcghie.name> wrote:
>
>> The simplistic answer is "Yes:  Word won't let you do that."
>>
>> Expanded, that becomes:  You cannot nest one list inside another, because a
>> paragraph can be a member of only one list at a time.  So the moment you
>> define a paragraph style into a list style, you remove any list properties
>> it previously had and replace them with the settings in the list style.
>
> Hmmm.... it "seemed" to work for me.
>
> Instead of using my multi-level list style, I decided to test another
> approach before starting this thread.
>
> I applied my own one level list style to a paragraph.
>
> I then applied one of Word 2008's bullet styles to the next paragraph.
>
> It gave me the same result as my multi-level style and all "seemed" well.
>
> I'm going to use my multi-level style but I'm interested for possible
> future style creations if I could have followed this 2nd approach of my
> one level style and Word's style.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Norm

matters unless you intend to pay!

 --

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word); Consultant Technical Writer,
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia.
Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410; mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
John
2/27/2010 8:30:15 PM
Hi John:

In article <C7AEC0D7.5C0C%john@mcghie.name>,
 John McGhie <john@mcghie.name> wrote:

> The moment you need more than one level in a list, and need that level
> to be related in any way to another level (e.g. Because you want to use
> promote/demote) then you must use a List Style to create the relationship.

I thought there were reasons that the multi-level List Style that you
help me learn was better to use but the other "seemed" to work.

Thanks for explaining the difference and thanks again for all that help
with learning List Styles.

Norm

--
Norm
0
Hi John:

In article <C7AEC0D7.5C0C%john@mcghie.name>,
 John McGhie <john@mcghie.name> wrote:

> If you WANT only a single level (say, a list that contains only bullets, or
> a list that contains only numbers) then it doesn't matter which way you do
> it.  The moment you need more than one level in a list, and need that level
> to be related in any way to another level (e.g. Because you want to use
> promote/demote) then you must use a List Style to create the relationship.

With your tips I've created several multi-level styles. (Is that the
same as what is sometimes called "Outline" Style?)

All is working very well. :-) Thanks again very much.

However, I needed to make a few changes. So a question before I do....

If a style is only one level, I gather I do not need to define and link
a LIst Style. Correct? Is there any situation when one should use a List
Style for a one level list?

When you first taught me list styles and hanging indents, "we" used a
List Style in your "classroom" for that learning process. I think that
you used it to teach the additional concepts of multi-level style
creation.

Thank you,

Norm

--
Norm
0

You are correct.

Word creates a list style behind the scenes for a single-level list, you
don't need to do anything, and you can't, in any case...

Yes, I started off by teaching you multi-levels so you saw the full picture.

I almost always use Outline Lists, even if I define only one level, because
that enables me to see exactly what is happening :-)  But in adds a layer of
complexity that you don't need, so I would "keep it simple".

Cheers

On 12/03/10 7:26 AM, in article
auWdnV8vINFqzATWnZ2dnUVZ_umdnZ2d@speakeasy.net, "Norm"
<NOSPAM@nospam.invalid> wrote:

> Hi John:
>
> In article <C7AEC0D7.5C0C%john@mcghie.name>,
>  John McGhie <john@mcghie.name> wrote:
>
>> If you WANT only a single level (say, a list that contains only bullets, or
>> a list that contains only numbers) then it doesn't matter which way you do
>> it.  The moment you need more than one level in a list, and need that level
>> to be related in any way to another level (e.g. Because you want to use
>> promote/demote) then you must use a List Style to create the relationship.
>
> With your tips I've created several multi-level styles. (Is that the
> same as what is sometimes called "Outline" Style?)
>
> All is working very well. :-) Thanks again very much.
>
> However, I needed to make a few changes. So a question before I do....
>
> If a style is only one level, I gather I do not need to define and link
> a LIst Style. Correct? Is there any situation when one should use a List
> Style for a one level list?
>
> When you first taught me list styles and hanging indents, "we" used a
> List Style in your "classroom" for that learning process. I think that
> you used it to teach the additional concepts of multi-level style
> creation.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Norm

matters unless you intend to pay!

 --

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word); Consultant Technical Writer,
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia.
Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410; mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
John
3/12/2010 12:47:03 AM
Hi John:

In article <C7BFDA37.6241%john@mcghie.name>,
 John McGhie <john@mcghie.name> wrote:

> I almost always use Outline Lists, even if I define only one level, because
> that enables me to see exactly what is happening :-)  But in adds a layer of
> complexity that you don't need, so I would "keep it simple".

Got it.

Thanks for the info and recommendation,

Norm

--
Norm
0

Nested IF statements ...
What is the maximum number of nested IFs Excel can handle? Is the limiting factors the number of characters a cell can accommodate or is it the number of nested IFs? Seven functions may be nested - it's a limitation of the nesting, not the characters. In my experience, whenever nesting gets deeper than about 4, perhaps 5 levels, there's an easier way to solve the problem using mathematical relationships or lookup tables. Deep nesting is the hardest type of formula to maintain, especially if it's not just for your use. In article <42f701c37c61$a50dc1c0$a501280a@phx.gb...

How to Nest For, Do Until loop?
This code does not compile - the error rec'd says "Next without For" For Each olmi In olfsm.Items rstS.MoveFirst Do Until rstS.EOF If Not IsNull(rst!strS) Then 'I want to check each item in recordset that is not null If (InStr(olmi.To, rst!srtS)) > 0 Then rst.AddNew rst!DateSent = olmi.SentOn rst!Subject = olmi.Subject rst!Recipient = olmi.To rst.Update End If End If rstS.MoveNext Next ...

Vlookup, COUNTIF, IF or Nested
Hello, I have a work sheet "Raw Data" of about 1500 rows and 30 Columns. In columns K, K, L, M, T and W are names of staff. In worksheet "Lookups" I have a defined list of "Leavers". I need to return the names of the leaver/s in the last column of the "Raw Data" sheet. eg: Row 15 Column K contains "Joe Blog" Column M contains "Micky Mouse" and Column W contains "Jane Doe". in my defined list of leavers "Joe Blog" and "Jane Doe" are listed, in the last column of the "Raw Data&quo...

Nested SUMIF function
Hi! Is it possible for me to use SUMIF function in nested form? Sumif(Sumif(Sumif))) Me If you need a multiple criteria Sumif then use an array formlua as described at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/array.htm HTH. Best wishes Harald "A P" <ap@textguru.ph> skrev i melding news:O3UpvUwHFHA.588@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi! > > Is it possible for me to use SUMIF function in nested form? > > Sumif(Sumif(Sumif))) > > Me > > ...

Trouble with condition nested formula
I am trying to nest two formulas based on the result of another cell: the formula must do one of two functions based result on the lookup cell. A12: is either "A" or "I" B1 $100,000 B2 8% B3 360 formula as written: =IF( a12="a", (pmt(B2/12,B3,B1)*-1,(B1*B2)/12)) the first argument work fine, howver when I enter the second formula (b1*b2)/12, it does not work... CAN ANYONE HELP??? =IF( a12="a", -pmt(B2/12,B3,B1),B1*B2/12) -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "wilywayne" <wilywa...

Nested combo box
I have a database where I have a combobox field that you can pick the raw materials that are used to make up a product..... [ RAW MATERIALS V] __ 11111111111 __ 11111111112 _X_ 1111111113 _X_ 11111111114 But each raw material has a list of alternatives, but not all are approved for every product that uses that raw material. So i need a nested combo selection to choose which (if any are approved alternative for that product) [ RAW MATERIALS V] __ 11111111111 __ 11111111112 _X_ 1111111113 ___ 2222222221 // from approved alternati...

Combining SUM Function with Nested If Statement
Is it possible to combine a SUM Function with an IF statement that will allow me to add multiple cells, but leave the cell blank if the answer is zero? Here's what I tried, but to no avail. In cell F5, I have the following formula: =(SUM(C5:E5),IF(F5=0,"",(SUM(C5:E5))) Is there something wrong with the formula, or is the combination of functions/statements not allowed? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely, Josh =IF(SUM(C5:E5)=0,"",SUM(C5:E5)) Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Somecallmejosh" wrote: > Is it possible to combine a SUM Function wit...

Nested IF statement
I am trying to do a nested if statement with VLookup function. Here is an example: =IF(C156="NJ",(VLOOKUP($A156,Nigel!$A$10:$S$24,8,FALSE))),IF(C156="JAM",(VLOOKUP($A156,JAM!$A$10:$S$24,8,FALSE))) Not sure what i am doing wrong. the first statement works (Nigel). for the second one i get #VALUE can someone help me? thanks You have too many unnecessay ( ). =IF(C156="NJ",VLOOKUP($A156,Nigel!$A$10:$S$24,8,0),IF(C156="JAM",VLOOKUP($A156,Jam!$A$10:$S$24,8,0),"")) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Mary Lou" <...

Nested IF(OR(AND) Statement with Two AND Conditions
I am using Excel 2003 and could use some assistance with a complex Nested IF statement. Here is the criteria: IF Salesorg=NAW1 AND Salesdivision=N4 AND SalesOffice=NWSA, then Group=UB except when CustomerNbr=90000000 OR 90000001 OR 90000002, then Group=BA. I have tried several different variations of Nested IF statements, but to no avail. I do not know VBA, so this is not an option. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. A B C D E 1 Salesorg Salesdivision SalesOffice CustomerNbr Group 2 NAW1 ...

Nested If statements and lookup function
I have two cells that I need to check before I can lookup a value. I thought I did it right with nested if's and then lookup within the 'true' part of the if, but it's not working. Here's what I got: 1) Check the first cell (a1) for 4,6,8,10 or 12; 2) Then check the second cell (a2) for 15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55,60,65,70,75 or 80; 3) Then based on the second cell's value (a2) go lookup the appropriate value in a table (b1:c14): 15 100 20 190 25 290 30 400 35 520 etc. etc. I tried this: =if(a1=4,lookup(a2,b1:b14,c1c14),if(a1=6,lookup (a2,b1:b14,c1c14),i...

Nested vlookup
My formula is: =((VLOOKUP($W$5181,Download!$A$1:$X$3403,3,FALSE))+(VLOOKUP($W$5182,Download!$A$1:$X$3403,3,FALSE)))*0.001 The formula looks up the value in "$W..."and returns the amount of orders. I alwayshave values for the first part of the lookup, but niot the second. THe issue is that if there nothing to report back for the second lookup, it gives me an "#NA" errror instead of at least returning the value for the first lookup. Any help? Thanks, TJ Wrap both Lookups in their own ISNA() wrapper to trap for that error:- =(IF(ISNA(VLookup1),0,VLookup1)+IF(ISNA(VL...

if function (if more that 7 nesting)
End result is to compare prior year numbers to current year to date sheet 1 has the following columns-- sheet 2 has history-each month totals for a number of years COL A Secured Loan Interest COL B(current month) 39,333.98 COL C(prior month) $36,134.55 COL D(variance MTD) $3,199.43 COL E(current YTD) $113,440.47 COL F(previous YTD) $512,814.15 All of the information on worksheet is filled in with a vlookup formula. I want COL F to add up the totals from sheet 2 for each month up to the current month for this year, so that this year and prior year totals ar...

Nested IF's
Hi Im making a formula which is to return the a "Reasearch Factor" depending on the "Cost". One sheet contains a table of data where: Costs between "Cost From" and "Cost To" Gives the a certain "Research Factor". On another sheet I made this fomula which is trying to pull out the "Research Factor" depending on the job cost. This is the fomula Im using: =IF(D6>'Research Factor'!$A$2&D6<'Research Factor'!$B$2, 'Research Factor'!$C$2, (IF(D6>'Research Factor'!$A$3&D6<'Researc...

Nested query-based distribution groups?
We are currently trying to implement some query-based distribution groups. Is it possible to create one QBDG that has a couple of rules (for example all people with a certain job title) and then create another dynamic group that will start with all the users in the previous group (all people with a certain title) and further narrow it down with more rules? Basically does exchange 2003 allow for nested query-based groups? If so, how do you go about doing it? Thanks. Yes they can be nested. You would nest them just like you would nest any other group. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=82289...

how can I exceed the nested if fuction limit #2
I am trying to create a validation for a column based off of the previous columns value, which reqires many nested if functions, (10 to be exact). However the limit of 7 nested if function prevents me from being able to do this. With all the amazing things that excel can do, there has to be some sort of work-around for this. Any ideas? Usually the best alternative is to use a Lookup function, however, without more details its hard to give a fuller explanation. _____________________ Naz London "mgdye" wrote: > I am trying to create a validation for a column based off o...

Nested IF and AND formula
-- Could you please help me with this formula. I am trying to use a nested IF and AND formula to calculate the vaction days for full time employess with different service years. I need to nest 3 different answers. Here is my formula that keeps getting rejected: =IF(And([Status]="FT",[Years Employed]>=4,15,IF([Years Employed]=2>4,10,IF([Years Employed]=1<2,5,0))). What am I not doing right?? -- kae Carrie Tr =IF(AND(A16="FT",B16<=2),5,IF(AND(A16="FT",B16<=4),10,IF(AND(A16="FT",B16>4),15,0))) where A16 is status and B16 i...

How to use CSplitterWnd for Dynamic Nested Splitter window?
Using VC++ (.NET) I am trying to implement a Dynamic Nested Splitter window using CSplitterWnd. I haven't found any documentation that explains how to get this to work properly and the only examples I have found also do not work properly. There are plenty of examples of Static Nested Splitter windows, but I need an example of a Dynamic one. The static splitter windows won't work for my requirements. Are there any examples or documentation that explains how to properly implement a Dynamic Nested Splitter Window using CSplitterWnd? Thanks, Dave Hi Dave, > Using VC++ (.NE...

Exit For statement in nested For ... Next blocks
I have the block of code below in a Sub that tidies up a copied workshee= t = by removing unused rows. It=E2=80=99s contained in a With =E2=80=A6 End = With block that = refers to the copied sheet. I=E2=80=99d like to know how the Exit For st= atement is = handled if it=E2=80=99s in a For ... Next block that is nested within an= other For = =E2=80=A6 Next block. I.e. will it cause the code to exit only the inner= For =E2=80=A6 = Next block and proceed with the If VacRowClear =3D True Then statement, or will it exit the outer For =E2=80=A6 Next block? I use...

drop-down menus and nested references
I am trying to make a series of drop-down menus wherein the list used for the second drop-down changes based on what is selected in the first drop-down. Because there are more than seven options in the first menu, I can't just do an =IF() function. Is there any way to force the calculation of a reference within another formula? For example, if I have named lists A, B, and C and the first drop-down menu in A1 contains the options A, B, and C, how do I get the drop-down menu in A2 to read A1 as a list name instead of a text item? If there is no way to do this, does anyone have alte...

A nasty nested if
Good people of M.P.E., I have this formula on a timesheet =IF(AND(Q38="-",Q47="+"),IF(R47-R38>R45,R47-R38,R38-R47),IF(AND(Q38="+",Q47="+"),IF(R47+R38>Q48,Q48,R47+R38),IF(AND(Q47="-", Q38="+"),IF(R38-R47<0,R47-R38,IF(R38-R47>Q48,Q48,R38-R47)),R47+R38))) It is to calculate and to carry flexi-time hours (up to a set maximum in Q48) from one months time sheet to the next. It works as it is, however with 7 IF's and 3 AND's I'm sure someone will know a better way of doing this. Any takers? (Ex...

Nested Iif
I'm trying to build an expression in a query that will test two fields and reutrn a value based on the following logic: ******* If the 1st digit of the LeaseNum field is "S", and If the CompanyCode is 78, return "SOCA-08", if not, return "SOCA-01" If the 1st digit of the LeaseNum field is "N", and If the company code is 78, return "NOCA-08", if not return "NOCA-01" ******* So far, I have CustNum: IIf(Left([LeaseNum],1)="S",IIf([CompanyCode]="78","SOCA-08","SOCA- 01")) but...

Nesting Sheets
Is it possible with Excel to "nest" sheets, a bit like Explorer Folder tree, so that subsequesnt sheets only become visible if the "parent" sheet is selected. Constructing a workbook with a large number of sheets, some of which are irrelevant if that area of the workbook is not selected and could therefore hide temporarily behind the "parent", "grandparent"sheet. Ideally Approx 5(grandparent sheets) dividing to approx 80 "parent sheets" each with a monthly record(12 subsheets). Suggestions and help appreciated. Paul Moles Paul, O...

Nesting IF Statement in excel 2007
I am trying to do an if statement on a second sheet, there are three cells that have the same drop down list in it. I tried this bu am getting an error. =IF('EV Assessment'!M43="Second Range",2,0,IF('EV Assessment'!M42="Second Range",2,0,IF('EV Assessment'!M41="Second Range",2,0)))) I tried it with three and four parenthesis at the end and no change. Thank you Try the below =IF('EV Assessment'!M43="Second Range",2, IF('EV Assessment'!M42="Second Range",2, IF('EV Assessment'!M...

If then nested condition
If then If then End if End if I don't understand this nested condition can you please give advice information of how using this nested (if) and how it works and example Thank you It might be more evident if you used indenting... Here is an example for illustrative purposes If Car="Ford" then If CarColor="Blue" Then Msgbox "You own a blue Ford" ElseIf CarColor="Black" then Msgbox "You own a black Ford" End If End if If you only need to check for 2 distinct value then you could easily check both values i...

nested xml from dataset
hello, i have seen multiple postings on the subject but no answer that addresses my question: I create a dataset using a xsd schema. the schema specifies a relation from one of the tables to the other table via a primary-secondary key on the tables. i load the data into the dataset. i show the data in a datagrid and i see that the relation worked because the data of the second table is attached to the data of the first table. when i then write out the xml with a: m_DynamicDataset.WriteXml("c:\\tomstest1.xml",XmlWriteMode.WriteSchema); i first see all the entries for the first t...