Automator Workflows

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I've found out that Automator workflows are not included with the Home &amp; Student edition for some reason. Is there any way of downloading these or making workflows myself that can be used in Office? <br>
Thanks.
0
psymonds

CRM and Fax automation question
Hi, I'm looking for a good or better fax server that can be easily and seamlessly integrate with MS CRM 3.0 or 4.0. I'm thinking of RightFAX or GFIFax... or even if I install these fax server in my environment, do I still need to do programming and customizations, such as post callout when a new Fax activity is created? Please advise :) You immediate response is appreciated. "Benjamin Fallar III" <fallar@pldtdsl.net> wrote in message news:3484C69D-B193-4B48-86A4-A4529D9DE4C6@microsoft.com... > I'm thinking of RightFAX or GFIFax... or even if I install ...

Automation
Hello Everyone, Recently our IT group installed service pack 3 on our computers. I wrote some code in word that automatically attaches it self to an outlook email and sends it out. I'de like to disable two windows that i didn't get before they installed service pack 3 there are not titles so here is a description of the boxes: 1 - A program is trying to access email addresses you have store in outlook. do you want to allow this? then it asks for "allow access for" (1,5,10 minutes) 2 - then i get a similar one that just asks you if you're sure you want to send ...

Provisioning/Automation tools for Exchange??
I have been asked to find some tools possible of automoating mailbox moves to specific databases/storage groups based on the department of a user for instance. Let's say User1 is part of HR and has transferred to Marketing. All the HR mailboxes reside on SG1 DB1 and all Marketing reside on SG1 DB2. Is there any software anyone knows of that can read the department attribute from AD and then move the mailbox according to defined rules you put in place. Any and all help appreciated! Mike In a couple of situations, organizations I have worked in have talked about having something li...

Is it Possible to Automate a Graph?
I have a sheet that has data in weekly fashion in the first and second rows. (Row 1, week: Row 2, data.) Is it possible to have a graph populate off of the information in rows 1 and 2 that automatically includes data for new weeks as they are entered in to the sheet? For example, I want to create a graph for weeks 1 through 3 now, and want the chart to automatically update if I add data for week 4. Row 1 Week 1 2 3 Data 12.5 17 18 Thanks for the assist! -Adam Use a defined name using the offset function for your series --...

Way to automate adding pictures in a series in Excel?
I'm putting a column of pictures of people next to a column with their names. If I have the pictures together in a folder, with the photo file names numbered with the corresponding row numbers that the pictures go in, is there a way to record a macro so that (for instance) 28.jpg will go into the picture column in row #28, then 29.jpg will go into the picture column in row #29, etc. In other words, insert a whole series of pictures (filenames the same as their appropriate row numbers) in their correct places, by initiating one macro? If anyone has any idea of how that could be done, I wou...

Automating transfers, is this possible?
Hi All. I am using MM 2007 Premium and I'm using Advanced Bills. In "Help" it says .... "Make electronic transfers. Set up automated transfers between any accounts you track in Money" I have a set up an "xfer" from my checking to my savings (same bank) to occur once a month but Money doesn't actually do anything unless I manually go to "Bills Summary", check it and and click "Pay Online". This isn't what I would call an automated transfer. Is there any way to actually make this happen? Thanks, Richard ----== Posted via ...

VBA automating Word from PowerPoint 11-22-09
I have an add-in macro that exports PPT content to a new Word document for each PPT file in the same folder as the currently open PPT file. I've noticed that when the macro is finished, and I go to Word, Word seems "paralyzed" (I can't use any menu commands or close the doc). If I Alt+Tab back to PowerPoint, and then Alt+Tab back to Word, all is well. Is there something about automating Word from PowerPoint that needs to be "cleared" when the PowerPoint macro ends - some way to release PowerPoint's control over Word? I found http://www.pptfaq.com...

automation
Hi there; I am copying specific cells from a file (actuallu use the address approach, like aa!c12) to another file. The cells address in source file are always the same, but in target file changes each time to lower rows than previous one. I have 100 source files at least, how to automate this, instead of clicking at each cell each time between source and target files. Thanks for your help. in your target file, use dir to get the first source file, copy the cell(s) desired, close this source file, use dir() to get 2nd file and repeat till finish "Darius" wrote: > Hi there; ...

Using workflow to update fields
Hello I am trying to write a workflow rule but am getting a bit stuck! We have a field to 'contact someone every x months' which is a picklist. When we create a record we want the system to identify the date it was created, then use the value of 'every x months', e.g. 3 to update the 'when next to contact field' which will be a date format. Si it would update the field to show three months from when it was created. Once the date was reached we would then want it to update to the next 3 months. I hope that makes sense - is this possible to do? Any help & advic...

How To Call Automation Methods with SAFEARRAY** [out]
I have a COM component has such interface: STDMETHOD(GetErrList)(SAFEARRAY** pALarr, SAFEARRAY** pVLarr); How can I consume it from MFC ? Thanks! First, add a new class to your project by using either Class Wizard (in VC6.0) or by right-clicking on the project in the class view. Select "Add Class". In the next dialog select "From Type Library". Select your COM library file. Click OK. This will generate a new MFC class that's derived from COleDispatchDriver. It will also have a set of methods implemented, that invoke your COM object methods. Use them at your ...

Word Automation; template showing up
I have a document set up as a template for mail merge using data from a table in access. Everything is working, except when the document opens up for the user to view, so does the template, so you have to different word documents opening up. Is there a way to avoid this. I am just wanting the user to see the merged document in the print preview format. I have included my code below. I appreciate any time and advise on this... Dim objWord As Word.Document Set objWord = GetObject("G:\Users\AJ\Testing.doc", "Word.Document") objWord.MailMerge.OpenDataSource _ ...

Automated Stock Allocation Automation
Hi I have to write a integration procedure that performs stock allocation to Back Orders on Great Plains. This can currently be done by using the eEnterprise application, but I was wondering if I can do it automatically using eConnect Thanks ...

Automate Paste Special Values
Hi- I'm working on a ticketing spreadsheet with serial numbers in one column (derived from a formula). When I copy the serial number & paste it, I also copy the formula. Using paste special and selecting the values option I can get the serial number to paste into a cell without the formula. I also need this value to be placed in clipboard memory to I can use the value in an older windows program. Is there any way to run a macro, vba, etc. that will do this for me? Thanks in advance. I think I'd add the Paste|values icon to my favorite toolbar. tools|customize|Edit Category ...

Workflows and Migrated Data
If i create a workflow to fire on create or on change would that apply for migrated records? E.G. I have a custom entity that holds a city, state, country, zip and salesman. This custom entity is related to accounts in a 1 to many relationship. the accounts being the one and the custom entity being the many. Zip is a look up on the account entity When I am importing the accounts the city, state, country and salesman is empty. Normally when i select a zip within the lookup the workflow fires and city, state, country and salesman on the custom entity with the corresponding zip gets popu...

How to automate backup
Is there a way to automate the backup of the isv.config, web.config, and all 6 databases into BAK files onto disk? Perhaps NTbackup for the files? And the databases? Thanks Use SQL Server maintenance plans to backup your databases to a folder on your server and use any commercially available backup product such as BackupExec to backup the files. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "circulent" wrote: > Is there a way to automate the backup of the isv.config, web.config, and all > 6 databases into BAK files onto disk? Perhaps NTbackup for the files...

Automation
How can i take an instance of an already running application (like excel or AutoCAD) using GetActiveObject function ? The following code fragment doesn't work! CLSID clsid; CLSIDFromProgID(L"Autocad.Application", &clsid); // Get an interface to the running instance, if any.. IUnknown *pUnk; HRESULT hr = GetActiveObject(clsid, NULL, (IUnknown** &pUnk); ASSERT(!FAILED(hr)); // Get IDispatch interface for Automation... IDispatch *pDisp; hr = pUnk->QueryInterface(IID_IDispatch, (void **)&pDisp); ASSERT(!FAILED(hr)); // Release the no-longer-needed IUnknown.....

automation of sharing records
Anyone know whether the automation of sharing records in CRM is possible in 1.0? Doesn't look to me like it can be done in Workflow. Would like Account and Lead records to be shared to certain users when record's owner condition is met. Thanks, --d. It can be done with Post-Callouts Mike "Davi" <davida.arnold@datareturn.com> wrote in message news:%23M5qjXZxDHA.3116@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Anyone know whether the automation of sharing records in CRM is possible in > 1.0? Doesn't look to me like it can be done in Workflow. Would like > Account an...

VBA code needed to AUTOMATE SELECTION of names within VALIDATION dropdown then print
I have searched the blogs and cannot seem to locate anything related to my challenge. I know you guys are gurus when It comes to things like this. I have a worksheet that tracks employee productivity for each cost center with a region. My excel worksheet contains three validation dropdowns that use the "indirect" function with various named ranges that link these dropdowns . So for instance lets say that the first dropdown relates to a region, the second relates to a cost center (there can be many cost centers in a region), and the third is a worker in that cost center (there can...

How to put a URL into a Task description on Workflow?
Here's an interesting one: We're creating a Sales Process. No problem there. It's creating tasks based off what stage it is. No problem there. We want to have as part of the description a hyperlink to an internal site so they can download the appropriate templated Word Docs. I can't just put in a "A HREF=" type statement, it types it up like straight text. Is this possible to do, or do I need to figure out some POST URL magic? I'd like to avoid the programming bit if at all possible. Dave ...

automator
Office 2008 for Mac says all its parts support Automator (in OS10.4.x) but I can;t make it work - Auto doesn't acknowledge Office at all. Any help gratefully received! On 3/3/08 11:10 AM, in article ee8f88e.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "miktaylor@officeformac.com" <miktaylor@officeformac.com> wrote: > Office 2008 for Mac says all its parts support Automator (in OS10.4.x) but I > can;t make it work - Auto doesn't acknowledge Office at all. > Any help gratefully received! There were some big changes in Automator from Tiger to Leopard. It could be the Automator ...

DPM 2010 RC automated install
Hello all. I am in the process of trying to get an install package for a base DPM install. Has anyone been successful at this? I've created an answer file with the following options created. Can anyone chime in? Any info would be appreciated! [OPTIONS] UserName=User name CompanyName=Company name ProductKey=xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx SqlAccountPassword=Password~1 StandardAgentLicenses=10 EnterpriseAgentLicenses=10 ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Data Protection Manager DatabaseFiles=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\DPM\DPMDB IntegratedInstallSo...

automate
does any one now how to set out look to save an attachent to to a network share thanks in advance You can try using CaSaveAtt along with the Rules Wizard to do that: http://www.ornic.com/actions/casaveatt.shtml "newbie" <roy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OTJyH0ulDHA.2232@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > does any one now how to set out look to save an attachent to to a network > share ...

Automation
Our Accounts Payable person uses OLE notes to attach scanned documents to invoice documents in Great Plains. This is a tedious process. Here is what I would like to automate if possible: Display the invoice that I want to add a scanned document to. Click on the note field next to the invoice number. Click on the paperclip and open the OLE Notes Container. Choose Edit/Insert Object Choose From File Enter a path so that the Browse button goes directly to the correct folder for document selection. If I could get that much of this process automated, it would help our AP person. I've...

CRM 4.0 Workflow problems when changing long running workflows.
I've created some long running timeout-workflows which waits for a specific amount of time after an update is done to my users entity, and then send's an email to notify the user. If I unpublish the workflow, makes changes, and publishes it again then the old instances of the workflow continues running the old workflow, and new one's are using the new workflow. That is ok, I guess. My problem is that sometimes the old version of the workflow crashes and sometimes it is running fine. I've found no reason why it crashes and the error message only tells me to contact Micro...

Attatchment Retrieval Automation
I can't seem to develop proper code to have outlook print attachments to all "conditional" files automatically. The Attachment Collection does not refer to any attached documents; it refers to the items within the email (CC, BCC, Subject, etc.). It lets me Add an attachment with code, but I can't print an existing one (go figure)? So, what do I do? dd To manipulate an attachment in the Attachments collection you would have to save it to the file system and work with it from there. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners G...