Adding comments to Word documents

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

When editing a document in Word for Mac, how do you add &quot;Comments&quot; that show as mark ups for other readers of the document. This function is found in the &quot;Review&quot; tab of Word on PCs. <br>
Thanks
0
Elliot_ta

One option: Insert> Comment

But see Word Help on the subject: Insert a comment

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 3/28/10 7:57 PM, in article 59bb61ea.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Elliot_ta@officeformac.com" <Elliot_ta@officeformac.com> wrote:

> When editing a document in Word for Mac, how do you add "Comments" that show
> as mark ups for other readers of the document. This function is found in the
> "Review" tab of Word on PCs.
> Thanks

0
CyberTaz
3/29/2010 2:42:30 AM
When you looked in the Word Help, and read the topic "Insert a comment",
what difficulty did you have?

On 29/03/10 10:57 AM, in article 59bb61ea.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Elliot_ta@officeformac.com" <Elliot_ta@officeformac.com> wrote:

> When editing a document in Word for Mac, how do you add "Comments" that show
> as mark ups for other readers of the document. This function is found in the
> "Review" tab of Word on PCs.
> Thanks

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John

Sorting and the word The
Hiya Does anyone know a way of sorting a list (of CD's or films) where the word The wouldn't be included, so The Beatles would be under B, not T ? I don't want to have to delete all the The's, so it will still say The Beatles ? TIA Dave Dave, In a new column, enter the formula =IF(LEFT(A1,4) = "the ",MID(A1,5,LEN(A1))&", The",A1) and fill down as far as you need to go. Sort on this column instead of the primary column. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Dave" <dwb...

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

How to insert an Excel landscape document into a portrait Word doc
I have a Word document in portrait style and need to insert an Excel Spreadsheet which is in landscape. Is that possible? Please clarify. Landscape and Portrait are simply print orientation in whichever document is being printed. Are you inserting a complete workbook into Word? Are you inserting a range from a worksheet into Word? Maybe you need two separate print jobs? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 11 May 2010 15:57:01 -0700, Heidi <Heidi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a Word document in portrait style and need to insert an Excel >Spr...

excel links in word docs
sometimes when I have an excel worksheet linked in a word doc the fonts look and print different. I ahve checked and the font is set to the same ariel 11 in both, but the text in the excel part of the doc lools and print like it is streched out. any ideas? Hi jnine, That can happen if the Height/Width scaling of the embedded Excel object has been changed from the default scaling. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "jnine" <jnine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E90C143-EB7D-4B27-B203-7BB7A173073B@microsoft.com... > sometimes ...

ADDING A NUMBER

How do you find and replace text in autoshapes or comments
Excel 2000 find and replace text in multiple autoshapes or comments, not in cells ...

adding new records

Linking to a Password Protected Document in Excel 2000
I have a document that is password protected. I also have a file that references the protected files for many of the its formulas. Each time I open the file and update the links I am prompted multiple times (once for each cell reference to the protected file) for the password. Is there any setting so that a user is only prompted once for the password to a reference file that is protected? I know that one option is just to copy the tabs from my referencing file into the protected file, but it would be nice to keep the documents separate. Thanks, Andrew One option might be to disable th...

When adding attachments...

How do I create a mail merge document in Excel? Is it possible?
I have a form I would like to add mail merge fields to. Does anyone know how to do that? Plbowles, I would use word for the merge, For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source have a look here http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm A training tutorial for creating envelopes and labels. http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC010390291033 -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any re...

5pt space between paragraphs when copied from Word to Publisher
When I copy several paragraphs from a word document and paste it in Publisher I always get 5pts added before and after each paragraph. Is there anyway to change this so I don't have to delete the space each time? I have Office version 2003 and Windows XP. Paste special as unformatted text... or Select all, Format, Paragraph, change the before and after. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "BoKay" <BoKay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EB4C534-F64D-409D-AC89-37367675C71D@microsoft.com... > When I copy several paragraphs from a wo...

How-to hide comment field on Invoices
For one of our customers, we needed a way of classifying items which are Urgent in need to make sure our warehouse ships them out as soon as they are received. The only way field that would work is the 'Comment ID' field which can be found in the 'Sales Item Detail Entry' window. I then modified the related smartlist report to use this field and life was good.. until we printed invoices. On the Invoice, for every 'Urgent' item, a blank line appears after it. With more than one 'urgent' item on the same Invoice, it makes for an odd/unprofessional looking Invoice...

Hyperlinking to documents in Excel
I have extracted a tab delimited .txt list of all the documents on ou server at work. I would like to import this list into an Exce Spreadsheet (easy enough) and then hyperlink back to the documents o the server. Is there a way to hyperlink automatically? I have severa thousand documents and hyperlinking one at a time is not ver realistic. I have the option of pulling the list with either th relative path (just the document name and extension) or with th absolute file path (give the complete path of every document). I anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears. Thank you. Dale Co -- M...

Excel Document password protected can no longer edit

Dots between words
Not sure what I did but now I have dots between all the words and I hav to get this printed ASAP. Can any one help me please. I don't usuall use Publisher so am totally lost as to what I did to cause this -- LAbbou ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LAbboud's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=490 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=124817 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i LAbboud wrote: > Not sure what I did but now I have dots between all the words and I > have to get this printed ASAP. Can a...

Credentials for document() function
Hi, When using an XSLT file if it points to another, external XML file via it's URI in document( ) function, how do I supply credentials for that URI if ones are required? Thanks! "Yuriy Galanter" <yuri@galanter.net> wrote in message news:eZNCCheCIHA.1188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > When using an XSLT file if it points to another, external XML file via > it's URI in document( ) function, how do I supply credentials for that URI > if ones are required? > > Thanks! > There is no direct mechanism for supplying credentials directly t...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

Money cannot creare a temporary file in 'C:\Documents and Settings\[USER]\Local Settings\Temp'
Hi, I just started to get this kind of error message when I make bakups with my Money 2003 Deluxe: "Money cannot creare a temporary file in 'C:\Documents and Settings\[USER]\Local Settings\Temp'". I checked the folder mentioned and my WinXP user account has the privilges on that folder (as it is supposed to have). How I can solve it? Thank in advance. Di Fresco Marco > I just started to get this kind of error message when I make bakups with my > Money 2003 Deluxe: > "Money cannot creare a temporary file in 'C:\Documents and > Settings\[USER]\Local...

Adding alternate columns

Adding fields from a different query

delete first two words in a cell
hi, can someone tell me how i manage to delete the first two words in cell? eg. July 24: info prodid4775 gorass andreas -should become- info prodid4775 gorass andreas or is it possible to extract every word beginning at the third one? i was playing around with some code i found at excel tip: =IF(ISERR(FIND(" ",A1)),A1,LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1)) it is supposed to extract the first word of A1. for some reason i only get an error message. i am working with excel 2002. hope someone can help me out greetz f -- flashing fran ------------------------------------------------...