Zip code lookup

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I want to enter a zip code in sheet 1 column D and return a county name from sheet 2 to sheet 1 column E.  Help!
0
pastortom

On 3/22/10 6:24 PM, pastortom@officeformac.com wrote:
> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor:
> Intel I want to enter a zip code in sheet 1 column D and return a county
> name from sheet 2 to sheet 1 column E. Help!
Assuming that you have table of county names and zip codes in sheet 2,
then you simply need a hlookup formula in each cell of column E in sheet
1. Put the formula in the first cell in column E (make sure you have the
correct relative and absolute references) and then fill it down for the
number of cells needed.

--

Bobgreenblattatmsndotcom
0
> On 3/22/10 6:24 PM, pastortom@officeformac.com wrote: <br>
> > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: <br>
> > Intel I want to enter a zip code in sheet 1 column D and return a county <br>
> > name from sheet 2 to sheet 1 column E. Help! <br>
> Assuming that you have table of county names and zip codes in sheet 2,  <br>
> then you simply need a hlookup formula in each cell of column E in sheet  <br>
> 1. Put the formula in the first cell in column E (make sure you have the  <br>
> correct relative and absolute references) and then fill it down for the  <br>
> number of cells needed. <br>
> --  <br>
> Bobgreenblattatmsndotcom <br>
> Thanks for your help - it's working and so am I ~
0
tclawser

color coding a stacked column graph
Hi. I'd really appreciate any kind of help. I'm trying to make a stacked column graph with this data: 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 11th 12th C2360a 8450 8000 2900 750 11800 9800 2900 20750 865 2928 5800 26950 HM HM Skulls Tires w/ Rims P&S HM Turnings HM Lime Dolag Borings Shred I am not too sure how to organize this data, for one, to properly do this. Anyhow, first, I made a stacked column graph (changing series in rows --> columns) with the first two rows of the data. The problem that I'm faced with is that, what I would like to do is change the color o...

Zip code lookup
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I want to enter a zip code in sheet 1 column D and return a county name from sheet 2 to sheet 1 column E. Help! On 3/22/10 6:24 PM, pastortom@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel I want to enter a zip code in sheet 1 column D and return a county > name from sheet 2 to sheet 1 column E. Help! Assuming that you have table of county names and zip codes in sheet 2, then you simply need a hlookup formula in each cell of column E in...

Copy empty cells from one workbook to another
Hello, Sorry for posting 2 times. Date & time in my computer were not correctly set. In addition to what I've written before, here is the code I wrote: Sub Dataacquire() Workbooks.Open "data.xls" Worksheets("sheet1").Range("b1:d19").Copy _ ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("sheet1").Range("b1:d19") ActiveWorkbook.Close SaveChanges:=False End Sub My problem that empty cells are not copied as empty and because of this I get an error messages in other worksheets (like #VALUE). How Can I solve this problem ? Thank you David Cohen ...

Create DSN by programming code
hi all, I am a newbie in VC++. Any body know how to create DSN to connect to MS Access(mdb) file by programming code ? I don't want to set DSN from Control Panel (Data Sources (ODBC)) It is because I need to deploy my program to 50 Win2000 machines. Please help. Thank you very very much. alan Hello > hi all, > > I am a newbie in VC++. > Any body know how to create DSN to connect to MS Access(mdb) file by > programming code ? > > I don't want to set DSN from Control Panel (Data Sources (ODBC)) > > It is because I need to deploy my program to 50 Win2000 ...

help with coding
Hi All, I have been doing some search on this topic and require some coding help. I want to create a login form which checks for username, pwd and securitylevel and accordingly give access to certain queries , forms and reports. I do not want to use the Access user level security wizard and want to create a separate security module. I have come across this code posted by Klatuu which is probably the solution i am looking for. Public Function SetSecurityProp(UserInitials As String, SecurityLevel As Integer) As Boolean Dim prp As Property Const conPropNotFound As Integer = 3270 ...

Error in Code
Following is some VBS code I have in my Custom Form developed in Outlook 2003. Line 61 is giving me an error stating: Object doesn't support this property or method: 'Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages' Line No: 61 If you look Line 51 is the same method and it works fine. The funny thing is when I run the code, I get the error, I continue on to the Form, and the code after it works. The code that follows line 61 is dependent on line 61 as evident by if I ' comment it out, I get a separate error asking for objPage2. The code also works if I change the value of one of...

Match 2 different zip code lists
I have a large 42,000 list of US zip codes which each row (42,000 rows) has a zip code column, a counties column and states column that I want to match to a smaller 4,000 zip code list- with a zip code column & dollar amount column. Or even, use all the Illinois zip codes matched to a smaller IL zip codes list- so I can match same zip codes and corresponding county? Now, they are set up on separate workbooks or worksheets. thanks. Will123 wrote: > I have a large 42,000 list of US zip codes which each row (42,000 rows) has a > zip code column, a counties column and states ...

Tender Type Scan Code
Hi everyone, What does the field Scan Code do when creating or editing a tender type? Does it allow me to select a tender type with a barcode scanner? Thanks in advance Rance Edwards Scan codes are used with programmable keyboards (ie PREH keyboards)...here's the help guide summary on scan codes pasted below: Scan code: The keyboard macro code used to directly advance to the tender type during a point-of-sale transaction (only if the keyboard has macro definition capabilities). For example, assume you have a programmable keyboard and want to program a code for the Cash tender type...

VBA code to call first date of the year and last date of the year
I have a command button and 2 text field : On click event I need Text1 to get the first date of the current year (like 01-01-2010) and Text2 to get end date of the current year (like 31-12-2010) Please advice Regards Irshad On Apr 15, 11:41=A0am, Irshad Alam <IrshadA...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a command button and 2 text field : > > On click event I need Text1 to get the first date of the current year (li= ke > 01-01-2010) and Text2 to get end date of the current year (like 31-12-201= 0) > > Please advice > > Regards...

word 2007 how can I look at the html source code of my document
I am trying to look at the html source code of a word doc I saved in web page format. In 2003 I used to be able to look under view and source code. I am not finding the answer anywhere. I need to copy the html and paste into a myfamily website I subcribe to for the front page. Open the html page in a text editor such as notepad and copy it from there. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org &l...

error code 0x80040155
Would be glad if I could be assisted with this problem I have. Anytime I try to send mail using outlook, I get the error message that "interface unregistered" and it is the same when I try to use clip art in any of the office products. Also, I am not too sure about my outlook email account configuration. I am trying to use a web-based mail account for the set up. I could use a step-by-step process in configuring a web-based mail account using outlook. Thanks. Ekanson, you wrote on Mon, 13 Feb 2006 16:16:31 -0800: > I get the error message that "interface unregister...

Code signing missing
My Excel 2K doesn't have code signing installed. I run the install, it whirs away for a couple of seconds, tells me it's finished, but no code signing. What am I missing? What should I look for? TIA Mike I didn't think it was supported before Excel 2002/XP MikeR wrote: > My Excel 2K doesn't have code signing installed. > I run the install, it whirs away for a couple of seconds, tells me it's > finished, but no code signing. What am I missing? What should I look for? > TIA > Mike It's om the install CD, and the cert selection stuff comes up in the V...

html color code
Why oh why is there not an option to paste in html color code number when changing colors on anything??? Only R,G,B. I find that unreal. And from what I'm told the new publisher doesn't do it either. I assume there is no work around for this correct? Thanks! Nancy Use a color picker. This utility is small and easy to use: Free too http://www.nattyware.com/pixie.php -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Nancy" <Nancy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19978ECD-59B5-4ED9-8126-AA27CD4D4F38@microsoft.com... > Why oh why is there not an option t...

stopping zipped attachments
How can I stop Outlook 2002 from automatically zipping any jpeg photos I attach to e-mail? ...

How do I zip sort mailing list when I have 5 digit AND 9 digit zip
I have a mailing list with zips in XXXXX and XXXXX-XXXX all mixed in. When I sort them, it seems to put all the 5 digits on the top half and 9 digits on the bottom half. I have made sure the column settings are set to special/zipcode. I have also tried setting them as Zip Code + 4 but it converts all the XXXXX versions to 0000X-XXXX. What am I doing wrong? Convert to TEXT -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97AB96D9-EAE6-4E6F-8AA1-1DE4137EDA06@microsoft.c...

Match and lookup data #2
Hello I would like to look up data in another sheet of the same workbook onl when it matches data selected in a dropdown(s). Attached is a spreadsheet which better explains my predicament I tried the various lookup and match functions and even tried combinin them but my not so superior knowledge of Excel limits me. Please help guys Cheers Yusu Attachment filename: timesheet test 1.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=56973 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

some kinda lookup function
the aim is 2 work out how much a bonus an employee is owed. it is worked out like this: "If an individual salesperson achieves sales equal to or exceeding the target figure in any *one* quarter, the bonus is equal to 0.5% of the total sales value achieved over the entire year. If sales equal or exceed the target figure in two or more quaters, the bonus is equal to 1.0% of the total sales value achieved over the entire year." i know i need to use a lookup function but which 1??????? and how do i apply it. i have attached the file and any help would be vvvv useful!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Hyperlinks show code when Composing
Something changed in my settings and now when I'm composing my e-mails, the destination address shows up in my text body instead of the hyper link that I created. How can I change it back? Example: I get {HYPERLINK "http://www.microsoft.com"} instead of my Hyperlink phrase being highlighted in blue & underlined: Click here to go to the Micorsoft website While composing go to the Tools menu > Options > View tab > Uncheck Field Codes. "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3810D6A-C8AB-4184-9BFF-DFBEC41D6326@micros...

Pay Codes "Based on Pay Code" changed should update in Quick Assg
In Payroll Quick Assignment, follow these steps: 1) Set up two pay codes; 1 regular hourly and 1 overtime 2) Set the overtime pay code to be based on the regular time pay code (e.g. set regular up as $20 and overtime up with "Based On Pay Code" of the "regular" pay code with a "Pay Factor" of 1.5. This will calculate as $30 / hr. 3) Change the rate VIA QUICK ASSIGNMENT on the Regular Pay Code from $20 to $25. Result: The OT Pay Code does not change Expected result: The OT Pay Code changes to 37.50. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft,...

colour coded points depending on error amount
Hi i'm using excel 2007 (SP1) just wondering is there a way to automatically assign a different colour to points depending on the difference between the results on both axises? The data i'm using is a set of elevations from two different sources that show the error in an elevation model. I need to ideally make points that say have a differnce of <50cm from perfect corelation appear a differnt colour to those which are for example <25cm. can this be done? any help would be awesome! I've uploaded the file if anyone wants to take a look: http://www.filefactory.com/file/...

zip codes on postcards
I've created mailing list using xls. database, have used the "Special Numbers" file for including zip codes beginning with zero, and the column in Excel does show the zeros as the beginning number of the zip codes. The problem is when I insert the zip codes into a merged mail postcard the zeros are not appearing as part of the address. Might format the field as text. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "MaggieDonuts" <MaggieDonuts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22507770-05A6-4FE0-ADD5-96CC48C77A1B@microsoft.com... > I've create...

Cannot attach zip files to email
All of a sudden I cannot attach a zip file to my emails. Installed a Microsoft automatic update yesterday for Windows XP. Did you "FIX" something? Using Outlook 2000 SR-1 with no real problems until now. Andy ...

Rebar example code
Can anyone send me a rebar code example. There does not seem to be any examples other than Microsoft documentation. Theres nothing on CodeProject or else where. Many thanks in advance, Aaron On 8 Apr 2007 13:30:14 -0700, "AaronNGray" <aaronngray@gmail.com> wrote: >Can anyone send me a rebar code example. There does not seem to be any >examples other than Microsoft documentation. Theres nothing on >CodeProject or else where. > >Many thanks in advance, > >Aaron CodeProject has that... https://secure.codeproject.com/docking/#ReBars : http://www.codepro...

Lookup and sum formula? Not sure?
I am trying to use 2 sheets. summarysheet <-------displays total cost for all rows that are part of 20 seperate job #'s datasheet <-------place to enter (in order) all bills received The colums of the datasheet are: job# Date Description Reference Gst Pst Now i want to be able to add as many rows and job numbers as possible to the datasheet, but have all entries of job 600 to sum and display on the summary sheet. There are usually 20 ongoing jobs to count and have sums for. ANy ideas how I can do this? -- r...

help with/for pivottable code
Hi everyone! I have code that takes a large workbook and divides it into a number of separate new workbooks based on data that is in column A. What i need is to create code that will create a pivot table in the new workbook. here is my code: Sub Regionalize() Dim wks As Worksheet Dim wksNew As Worksheet Dim wbk As Workbook Dim rng As Range Dim cell As Range Dim lRow As Long Dim sFileName As String Dim sFolder As String Dim sRegion As String Set wks = Sheets("region") Set rng = wks.Range("regiondata") ...