Web query from password protected page?

Version: 2004
Processor: Intel

Hi, <br><br>I'm trying to create a web query from a web page that requires a username and password.  I have tried logging into the site in Safari (as well as Chrome and Firefox) before running the query, but when I do run it, the only data that's imported into excel is &quot;Username&quot; and &quot;Password&quot;.  <br><br>In the MS version of Excel it's pretty easy to enter the login information into the query (either directly or using VBA), but I can't figure out how to do so in Excel for Mac.  Does anyone know if this is possible.
0
pdj316

> I'm trying to create a web query from a web page that requires a username and password.  I have tried logging into the site in Safari (as well as Chrome and Firefox) before running the query, but when I do run it, the only data that's imported into excel is &quot;Username&quot; and &quot;Password&quot;.  <br>
> In the MS version of Excel it's pretty easy to enter the login information into the query (either directly or using VBA), but I can't figure out how to do so in Excel for Mac.  Does anyone know if this is possible.
0
pdj316
2/27/2010 2:58:56 PM
I honestly don't know the answer, but one thought that comes to mind from a
different perspective... Have you added the User Name & Password to your OS
X Keychain or had your browser "remember" it? If it's stored there perhaps
it will be accessed automatically or at least provide a prompt to allow.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/27/10 8:42 AM, in article 59bb38ae.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"pdj316@officeformac.com" <pdj316@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to create a web query from a web page that requires a username and
> password.  I have tried logging into the site in Safari (as well as Chrome and
> Firefox) before running the query, but when I do run it, the only data that's
> imported into excel is "Username" and "Password".
>
> In the MS version of Excel it's pretty easy to enter the login information
> into the query (either directly or using VBA), but I can't figure out how to
> do so in Excel for Mac.  Does anyone know if this is possible.

0
CyberTaz

Creating Appointments from Web Pages
Hello All, I want to create an appointment in Outlook when the user clicks on a link on the web page. Can anybody please tell me about the ways and the tools that are available to this? Thanks in advance, Satyajit Bhagwat Use Outlook to create an appointment, then save it as an .ics iCalendar = file. Put the file on your web site and add a link to it.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

Saving a web page with a background sound
I am having a problem publishing my website with Publisher using the ftp server for my Comcast webspace. If I publish my website without a background sound it is fine, but as soon as I add a .wav file as a background sound through web properties in Publisher, I get an error that Pulisher can not save this file to the web. Does anyone have any suggestions. I forgot this info. I am using Publisher2000 and when I preview the web page in Publisher, the preview plays the sound. "Marland" wrote: > I am having a problem publishing my website with Publisher using the ftp > ...

date in queries
Dears While we making a query by using query wizard' there is a option to get sum,min ,max,avg in summary option if the data is in number type. Any body can sujest any logic to get max and min value if the data type is in date field while we making a query by using query wizard any help please Regards Faisal Riyadh You can use Min and Max for dates. What problem are you having? -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Faisal" wrote: > Dears > > While we making a query by using query wizard' there is a option to get > sum,min ,max,avg in summary opti...

changing the SQL query on CRdc / CMSFlexGrid...example anywhere?
Hello, I have an application that connects to my remote database. I want to use the same window with CMSFlexGrid class to display the resukts from a query. Unfortunately, with my current setup the flex grid only displays the query results from the pre-runtime SQL property setting. Changing the SQL property in the connected CRdc and refreshing both remote data and CMSFlexGrid doesn't update to the new query. ie: void CDatabase_searchDlg::OnButton1() { //change to the new SQL query ((CRdc *)GetDlgItem(IDC_REMOTEDATACTL1))->SetSql("SELECT * FROM data"); ((CRdc *)GetDlgItem(I...

Pivot Table, Line Chart with Secondary Y axis, Page Field selection destroys Y2 axis
Even after googling for a while I cannot find anyone with the same problem, so here it is: if generating a Line Chart out of a Pivot Table with Page fields, AND using a Secondary Y Axis in the line chart to separate 2 or more curves, this secondary Y axis disappears as soon as any Page Field value is reselected or changed! I'd call this a serious bug. Depending on the Excel versions I tried the effect is different, but destructive to that Y2 association: - in Excel 2002 (SP2) all curves of the Line Chart are associated with the Primary Y axis, the secondary one disappears - in Excel 2000...

How To Repeat the First Two Rows On Every Page
Hi there, I'd like to be able to have the first two rows at the top of my page repeat as the first two rows at the top of every page of a long document. I can't quite figure out how to do this. It would kind of be like a heading at the top of each page -- but I don't want to use the header and footer feature. Can folks tell me how to set this up? Thanks very much. Jason File > Page Setup > Sheet > Rows to repeat at top -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace @mailinator.com with ...

deleting page numbers
I have accidentally inserted page numbers on the center bottom of a page as well as in the upper right corner. How do I get rid of the center bottom page numbers? Double-click in the footer area at the bottom of the page to activate it. Click on the page number to select it, and press Delete. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. johmont wrote: > I have accidentally inserted page numbers on the center bottom of a > page as well as i...

Web Query Question
I'm updating sports scores in excel 2002, The first set of Columns Are the Team Names and the Final Score of the Game (These 2 columns update after each game). My other 2 columns are used for notes and other information. When ever I refresh the data, the first 2 sets of columns update, however the notes for the game stays in the same place. How do I get my other 2 columns to move down the page with the old scores. Please help, because this is driving me crazy! If I need to explain further Please dont hesitate to ask!! Thank you, Matt Thu, 20 Dec 2007 13:22:00 -0800 from So...

How do I subtotal pages in Excel?
I want to subtotal a column per page in Excel 2000, however the page may vary as I add and delete records. Can anyone help me? Shouldn't be a problem as XL will automatically adjust it's total formula as you add and delete. I'm assuming you are putting in a sum formula ("=sum( cell1:cell2)"). -- Regards; Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "lshivvers" <lshivvers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B81870EF-D160-4628-96A2-3CDC5FB07BBD@microsoft.com... > I want to subtotal a column per page in Ex...

query to find when an event happened
I have 12 years of weather data in one table, and have queries to give me total rainfalls between different dates etc, as well as max and min temperatures. What I would like now is a query to tell me what date in a selected range the max or min temperature was. I have tried the WHERE clause just see what it would return but I got a syntax error. Thanks See: Getting a related field from a GroupBy (total) queryat: http://www.mvps.org/access/queries/qry0020.htm -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/...

office outlook web access 8.1.375.2
The inbox view automatically truncates the 'From' and 'Subject' fields of each email to 16 or 25 characters. This makes scanning down the list of emails difficult since a good portion is not displayed. How do I as a user or as an admin, change the default settings for this truncation so more characters are displayed? > The inbox view automatically truncates the 'From' and 'Subject' fields > of each email to 16 or 25 characters. This makes scanning down the > list of emails difficult since a good portion is not displayed. How do > I as a user or ...

Web Query #5
Hello, I am using Excel 2003. Are there web pages that do not allow you to use the web query function in Excel? I have found when trying to use the Web Query, in some cases, when I click IMPORT, I do not get any results. It either comes up blank or I get a banner/message that is not on the actual page I trying to import! Thanks ...

Possible fix for infamous "Enter Network Password" nag?
I admit, the frequency of that message is almost nil with OL2003 SP2 (POP3), but I've still seen it there, and also in the OL2007 beta (not necessarily the latest build). So it was with great surprise that after all these years, I finally stumbled upon a solution that looks like it might actually work. It's in Diane Poremsky's newsletter, linked and quoted below. I did do some cursory searching to see if it was already posted here, and if it was, I missed it. It also doesn't appear to be in the KB, though I've seen searches come up empty there before by mistake. Can...

Viewing Access Reports on Web page prompts download
My Issue is related to knowledge base article 921025. The solution in the article fixes our problem perfectly but the issue is that every time new windows update patches are installed (once a month) this registry key is changed back to its original state. This is causing havoc because every month we have a mob of angry users who cannot view important production information until we can reapply the work around to all the pc's in the plant! Is there a more permanent solution we can put in place? What we did was switch from snp to pdf and uploading those instead. GEFanucJP wrote: &...

Address List Query
Hi, I want to create an ldap query for an address that returns only the users that are in a specific organisational unit. I have tried using the query builder but I don't find OU anywhere in the availble search criteria. So I suppose I need to learn some ldap. Can anyone recommend a good "LDAP for dummies" website? I would also appreciate any suggestions with this specific query I am trying to build. TIA, Jarryd ...

how to make the outlook my home page
I have Outlook 2003 and I like to have "Outlook Today" after I turn on my computer, in other word be my default On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 08:41:05 -0800, "universitario" <universitario@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have Outlook 2003 and I like to have "Outlook Today" after I turn on my >computer, in other word be my default First, set up Outlook to open in the Outlook Today screen. Then, put Outlook in the Startup folder of "All Programs". -- <<<SgtRich>>> Chicago, Illinois, USA ...

Works fine in PUB and WEB Preview
Hello all - I apologize for my neophyteness in advance. Everything works fine in PUB. When I look at the web preview it looks fine. When I publish it to disk IE'ing from the HTML works fine. When I place it on the web the links for subsequent pages in the guidance bar on the left side (the pre-canned feature in PUB) do not link. They go to a blank page. I have placed all files in exactly the same folders on the web as they are on disk after publishing. You can see it at: geocities.com/ucstrandview THanks in advance for the help. MP Publisher - Uploading Articles on publishing ...

Pivot Table Query crashes access 2007
Until recently I was able to create pivot table queries, now for some reason I am unable to. I create my query as per normal, then change the view to Pivot table view and access crashes, stops responding, and restarts. I think this is as a result of the updates for office that were downloaded and installed today. Otherwise, were can I go check to make sure I have all the correct add-ins, etc installed and activated, I doubt this is the cause though as I have not changed anything. I have also tested this in multiple databases and all of them crash. I am running Vista Business and Offi...

Web Browsing on my Ameritrade
Really like the Money 2007 interface, tightly integrating the browser is a great way to integrate all the other online accounts and services. I've set up all my financial browser links and don't even bother opening the browser when I'm checking potential investments. Direct access to my bank server is so much better than the old download method. Ahead of its time IMHO. Couple of observations/ questions If anyone know someone connected with the software, I'd like to pass along a suggestion to see easier access to web favorites. Right now its a 3 click process to access ...

Writing to one trace file from Web Service
Presumably a trivial question... I want to write trace information from a web service to a log file using the Trace Class. Is this possible without closing and opening the Trace in every single web method? Code: public Webservice() System.IO.FileStream ts = new System.IO.FileStream(traceFile,System.IO.FileMode.Append); Trace.Listeners.Remove (Trace.Listeners[0]); Trace.Listeners.Add(new TextWriterTraceListener(ts)); Trace.WriteLine("Constructor " + System.DateTime.Now.ToString()); Trace.Close(); [WebMethod] public WebMethod () { System.IO.FileStream ts = ...

Update Query 07-11-07
I have a link to a text file that is updated daily. I run an append query to add any new records on the text file into a table stored in my database. I am attempting to update previously appended records based on a field that may change on a daily basis. The record remains on the report, but one field goes through 4 changes through the records duration on the report. (linked text file) Example Day 1 Field 21 = "Prelim" Day 2 Field 21 = "Prelim" Day 3 Field 21 = "Submitted" Day 4 Field 21 = "Finalized" I attempted to set up an update query that es...

Report Web Access
Hi, I need make a report to check the users of my network that access the Outlook Web Access from outside. Do you know how i can do this? Thanks Alvaro You can use a web log analyser on the logs generated by IIS on the OWA server. Regards Paul "Alvaro" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08fb01c3db68$3b4bc910$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I need make a report to check the users of my network that > access the Outlook Web Access from outside. Do you know > how i can do this? > Thanks > > Alvaro "Alvaro" <ano...

Help Please
How can I update on an address list "Po address" name to read P.O. with out changing the rest of the address. I just want to change the "Po to read "P.O."? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. UPDATE YourTable SET Address = "P.O. " & MID([Address],4) WHERE Address Like "PO *" Assumption: Addresses to be changed all start with PO and a space If PO can be buried within the address (Route to PO Box 2132 Westchester) then it becomes a bit more complex UPDATE YourTable SET Address =TRIM( Replace(" " & [Address],&q...

network password never remembered
No matter how many times I enter the correct password and check the "remember" box, I am prompted to enter my password constantly--sometimes continually. I've followed the instructions for OLEXP: Your Outlook Express Password Is Not Retained in Windows 2000 or XP. in the Knowledge Base. I'm horrified that Microsoft wants me to pay them money for online help. So is there anyone here who has faced this problem? Or is there anyway to communicate this problem to microsoft without being charged $35? Please feel free to respond privately: CaptWhiffle@yahoo.com Thank...

Cell Protection #10
I have a worksheet with five columns that contain IF formulas (Group A) linked back to other columns in the same worksheet (Group B). I need to protect the formulas in those five columns (Group A), so that they cannot be deleted/changed. I have followed the correct procedures to lock the specific cells and password-protect the worksheet. One of the columns in “unlocked” Group B contains links to two other files. The users need the ability to change the links to other file sources. When the columns in Group A are locked and protected, the user cannot change the file links. Is there...