Unable to Open Excel files from a Windows UFS

Version: 2004
Processor: Intel

Issue: Excel 2004 AND 2008 (Issues were pre-existing when all users were using 2004) <br>
Files saved to a Windows UFS Occasionally are not able to be opened (Unable to open File). A single user with open the file, modify it, close it, then immediately attempt to reopen it to no avail. <br>
0
Sidewinder01

Some users have reported that setting the folder owner to "NETWORK SERVICE"
on the server has solved the problem for them.

You might try that.

On 22/12/09 11:25 AM, in article 59baf8e2.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Sidewinder01@officeformac.com" <Sidewinder01@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel
> Issue: Excel 2004 AND 2008 (Issues were pre-existing when all users were using
> 2004)
> Files saved to a Windows UFS Occasionally are not able to be opened (Unable to
> open File). A single user with open the file, modify it, close it, then
> immediately attempt to reopen it to no avail.
> I have pulled all my hair out with this one :-)
>
> Users are all Fully updated 10.5.6, and Fully updated Office to this date.
> Issue can be repaired by opening file in Neo-Office, and re-Saving with no
> changes.
>
> Office 2008 users are saving in legacy format, but issue is mainly being
> caused by 2004 users.
>
> All users are group AD members with full permissions to Sharepoint.
>
> Beg whimper.......HELP! ;-)
>
> Also have issue with one user saving files to desktop of her own mac, same
> issue.
>
> All permissions Checked (Disk Util, FSCK'd Drive, Ran Diskwarrior) Issues were
> present before upgrading users to new 20 Aluminium Imacs, and 105.6 from
> 10.4.11.....

matters unless you intend to pay!

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
John
12/24/2009 6:42:21 AM
Cheers, will let you know if that works!
0
Sidewinder01
12/28/2009 4:44:03 PM
Nope, same issues.
0
Sidewinder01
1/11/2010 11:01:14 PM
I don't know whether it will make a difference but I did notice that [unless
something has changed since you originally posted] your installations of
Leopard are 2 updates behind � 10.5.8 is the current build.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 1/11/10 6:01 PM, in article 59baf8e2.2@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Sidewinder01@officeformac.com" <Sidewinder01@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Nope, same issues.

0
CyberTaz

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

MS Money 95 data files

Unable to llaunch FRx
Something on our server hosed FRx between yesterday and today. When users try to launch FRx Report designer from the Start menu, the FRx splash screen flashes for a second then disappears. There is no error message and no entry in the SQL Error logs or the NT event logs. I can open Report Launcher, but only the FW (Fabricam) and FWC (Fabricam Canada) reports show up. This was working fine yesterday. I reran the FRx index scripts but that did not resolve it. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. -- Jim Maybe the program is corrupted...perhaps a reinstall. But bac...

Excel 2007

Planned Open Market Days

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Opening Excel Workbooks

cant start outlook pst file to large

help with simple maths in excel

Where is the workspace file stored?

Excel Problem

office 2010 and windows 7
word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have to do a hard reboot (power down). any idea as to why? system is windows 7 ultimate, office 2010. Right-click My Computer, Disconnect Network Drive. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "KPTools" <support@kptools.com> wrote in message news:0F5ACF22-111A-416A-BECC-8E83543259AE@microsoft.com... > word 2010 is hanging (seems on autosave) a great deal, especially with larger > (>3MB) files. it hangs the system and I have t...

Excel DNS query