Trendline problems

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I plotted an xy scatter plot in excel and had no trouble.  But I want to add a trendline and it won't let me.  When I click on the "chart" menu, I can see where it says "add trendline", but it isn't an available choice for this graph.  Why?
0
kolson624

kolson624  -

First, select the data series. That is, click on one of the data points.
Then, choose Chart > Add Trendline.

(If you have multiple data series on the same chart, this feature allows you
to add a separate trendline to each data series.)

-  Mike
http://www.MikeMiddleton.com

<kolson624@officeformac.com> wrote in message
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel
I plotted an xy scatter plot in excel and had no trouble. But I want to add
a trendline and it won't let me. When I click on the "chart" menu, I can see
where it says "add trendline", but it isn't an available choice for this
graph. Why?

0
Mike

Trendline error???
Has anybody else had this problem? If one uses a 6 order polynomial as trendline and then s/he enters manually in an other column the same equation taken from the displayed trendline equation on the graph , the original trendline is different from the one manually entered. Excel plots the two different curves having the same equation!!! Please see an example at : http://www.geocities.com/audax/error.xls Thank you for the help. Gene Disregard the previous message. The problem is due to the rounding off. The trendline calculation is OK. Gene See my website for the use of LINEST to get coef...

problem with PostMessage
hi, I have a problem with the definition of a constant, when I change IDC_WEB_ACCESS the messaging does not work, what the problem can be from ? My code is sth like this: One of my thread posts a message : #define IDC_WEB_ACCESS 1023 PostMessage(HWND_BROADCAST,IDC_WEB_ACCESS,3,7); My others thread responds : ON_MESSAGE(IDC_WEB_ACCESS,WebAccess) .. .. ..void CProcessManagementDlg::WebAccess(WPARAM wParam,LPARAM lParam) { } behzad wrote: > hi, > I have a problem with the definition of a constant, when I change > IDC_WEB_ACCESS the messaging does not work, what the prob...

Help: Floating Point PRoblem
I have a GUI something like this: <column splitter> <data> < column splitter> < data > etc. Each column has a vertical splitter where the user can adjust the columns. One of the requirements was that when the user sizes the app, the columns should scale accordingly. For example... say the app was 100 pixels wide and column A was at 25, column B at 50 and column C at 75... if the app got resized to 200 pixels wide, column A would now be at 50, B at 100 and C at 150. Since a column could be divided arbitrarily by the user (horizontally and vertically), we impleme...

Problems and Problems. Eperts please help
We are running GPS version 9.5 . I think its not supported by support any more so I amnot sure anyone can help me with this. We were running this of a Novell File server. It had Novell 5.0, GPS directory and Pervasive sql 2000i our server crashed. I build a new server and installed novell/ Perasvive sql 2000 and all the clients on the clients machine. Copied the GPS directory and made sure the clients path were pointing correctly to the GPS path. Now every client gets an error. Run betrieve first Nothing has changed the configration is the same and I have installed the betrieve clien...

Multiple language problem
hi! i have created two dlls - mydll_german and mydll_english which are included to a project using the #pragma comment(lib, "mydll_xxx.lib") statement depending on a defined symbol _GERMAN or _ENGLISH if the final application uses mydll_english and some other dlls that also use mydll they always use mydll_german though they are included through the same include file with the #pragma comment(...) statement as the application itself. i am a little bit confused. philipp philipp, If the correct DLL is included in the application, but not in other DLLs, and - in addition - *some* ...

Trendlines in graphs
Hi all! I have an interesting question. I am ploting a graph where the X axis is by months and the Y axis is the number of parts produced. Some months we do not produce any parts; therefore, the Y axis is "0" at that time. When I put a trend line on the chart, it sees the "0" as a computable data point. A line is then generated but is off from the true trend. The true trend can be generated if I remove all the non producing months. Is there a way to specify specific groups of cells in a column that you want to use in a trendline analysis--sort of hop scotch ...

Email sending problem.
I have problem sending email with my outlook express. the failure code is: 0x800ccc0f. I have read about it at the microsoft homepage. But the only help i get there was about som router, and i dont use an router. The connection get interupted and i cant send the emails. But i can always recieve email to my computer. Please help me someone. Best Regards Peter,sweden My Sent messages are going to Outbox with error message 0x800ccc19. Have you found any solution? >-----Original Message----- >I have problem sending email with my outlook express. >the failure code is: 0x800ccc0f. &g...

Add Trendline to Pivot Table Graph
I have a list of survey responses and I have created a Pivot Table with Month as the Row Heading and Count of Respondent as Data. I have then created a Pivot Table chart. I want to show a trendline but when I select the columns and right click for Trendline, as I would normally, the option is greyed out. How do I create a trendline for the pivot table category columns? If Add Trendline is disabled with a pivot chart (I don't know, I rarely make pivot charts), you could plot the data in a regular chart, then add your trendline. Pivot Tables, Pivot Charts, and Real Charts...

problem with the CDialogBar class of VC7
hi, I am getting problem with the CDialogBar class of VC7. There seems to be bug exits with the below function, this always return FALSE. This code is supplied with the following versions 7.1.3088( MS Dev Environment 2003) and 1.1.4322( >NET Framework 1.1). The below code exists with Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\atlmfc\src\mfc\bardlg.cpp file Here is the function created problem while doing my work using mfc71d.dll. LRESULT CDialogBar::HandleInitDialog(WPARAM, LPARAM Default(); // allow default to initialize first (common dialogs/etc // create OLE control...

WLM Problem
Hi, How do I stop WLM from downloading my mail automatically when I start it up? I'd like to be able to just manually download my mail. Thanks, Jim -- Tools/Options... General (tab)... uncheck "Send and receive messages at startup" "James" <baldone@remove.earthlink.net> wrote in message news:qbidnbU2Ica6nO3RnZ2dnUVZ_ridnZ2d@earthlink.com... > Hi, How do I stop WLM from downloading my mail automatically when I > start it up? I'd like to be able to just manually download my mail. > Thanks, Jim > > -- > For manual mo...

Problems with recent updates (MSO 2008)
Hello, I would be quite grateful if you please could help me because I am stuck in upgrading MS Office 2008 on an Intel MacBook (10.5.8). The updating wizard downloaded the upgrade to v12.2.0, but did not install the service pack. Instead, it immediately searched again for more updates, found again 12.2.0, downloaded it again, and so on. So I retrieved 12.2.0 as a dmg manually from the German Mactopia website. I installed it. This worked fine. Then, I downloaded the upgrade to 12.2.1. It failed to install because there was "something missing on the volume" which kept it from inst...

weighted trendline
Can anyone tell me if it possible to weight a linear trendline in excel? Like a calibration line where you can weight by 1/x where x is the variance at each point on the line. Hi, I don't believe that can be done with anything built into the trendline chart feature, but you can use the trendline formula in the spreadsheet and then apply your weighting to it. Then plot that rather than the built-in trendline. You can get the formula of the trendline from the chart by choosing to display it or in the spreadsheet by using the LINEST function or the related SLOPE and INTERCEPT func...

Money 2002 problem / solution
With the problem about not being able to open money 2002, can Microsoft offer those of us without disks some kind of ftp download of the .msi file so that we can re-install without having to go and purchase new disks? At least for now? This is a really big problem and it has caused chaos to those of us that use it for organizing our finances. Please help. I moved and lost the CD in the process and now this. Microsoft help.........I know you guys are working on a solution. We need an interim solution like yesterday. Thanks ...

Problem forwarding email to users on same domain
I have an SBS 2003 server with exchange 2000 configured working well.. except that when I try to manually forward emails (received from the internet) to my coworkers (after I've read the email) on the same domain who are using the same exchange server they do not receive them. I'm not sure if this is outlook 2003 causing this or exchange. If I copy the contents of the original email and past it into a new email, and then forward that to the same users, they get it just fine. Can anyone help me get a start on where to look to resolve this issue? Brian ...

how to debug this problem?
My application is generating an exception and, in this case, I don't really know how to begin debugging it. Please note I have a reasonable amount of experience using the debugger. My application records and displays data in real time. There are several events that the application responds to which switches it to a non-real time display of the data (data continues to be recorded in the background). One of these events is clicking on the horizontal scroll bar. Everything works well until the horizontal scroll bar is clicked. This part of the application use to run without problem an...

OutlookAddin problem
Hey Outlook 2007 one user here get this error when sending/receiving email: "MBSAddin Error: 91 Object variable or with block variable not set OutlookAddin" This user is using a terminal server, she logg into terminal server and sends/receive email from there.... all other users who have outlook installed locally don't get this error any suggestions on what I should do to solve this is greatly welcome Jeff Jeff <Jeff@not_a_real_email_address> wrote: > Outlook 2007 > > one user here get this error when sending/receiving email: > "MBSAddin > Er...

Trendline
How can I create multiple trendlines on one graph i.e I have a graph with 5 years data and I want to show a linear trendline for each year on the same line? You need each year plotted as a separate data series, then follow Mike's advise best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Carlo" <Carlo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F847B4B-9C32-464A-82F9-001A340A67FB@microsoft.com... > How can I create multiple trendlines on one graph i.e I have a graph with > 5 > years data and I wa...

Problem with linking??
Apologies first if this is very simple it has been a long day and I am beginning to confuse myself...... 9my own fault for volunteering to give it a go) I have a master spreadsheet which has sheets for September '04 through to September '05 on these sheets are different depts: Eg January Sheet Dept one Dept Two Dept three etc The format is the same for each month. Each department has a total which is calculated from another workbook with spreadsheets for each week Eg January week one, Jan wk 2, Jan wk 3, Jan wk 4, Each sheet with the dept totals for that week. At the moment in th...

Increaseing Precision in polynomial trendline equations
How can I increase the precision in Excel's "Display Equation" option for trendlines? I am trying to fit a polynomial regression (trendline) to a X, Y scatterplot I have created. Excel's built-in trendline function shows a good fit (R2=0.9999) for a 6th order polynomial, however, If I re-plot the data using the coefficients from the "Display equation" option, the data diverge significantly. Apparently, for high order polynomials, you need to have a high level of precision in your coefficients (many decimal places accurate) in order to actually re-plot the same ...

Problem with Office 2003 SP3
In Access 2003, I have a Combo box in a form with one of the columns formatted Yes/No (the table the data comes from is also yes/no data). When the Combo Box was dropped-down, the column correctly showed "Yes" or "No"...until I installed Office 2003 SP3. Now, the column shows "-1" or "0" now matter that the format property is set to "Yes/No". Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution? Brossyg Change the SQL To Rowsource: Select MyField, Format(MyField,"yes/no") As Display From MyTable change the column count to 2...

Excel: Can I force a linear trendline through the origin?
Yes, open at the Option tab when you make (or format) a trendline There is a text box to set intercept to any value (including 0) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0487508-C3C9-46C9-A7E3-EA42B60016E2@microsoft.com... > I have done that, but it is not working. Perhaps it is because I am plotting a log-log graph and therefore there is no actual zero value for the y-axis. But I need the line to pass through the origin, and because the data covers severa...

publisher memory problem
I have changed computers and now I open a file in publisher and get this "Publisher does not have enough memory to load graphics or embedded objects What happened what can I do? Previous posters have found this issue when they are using Norton AV. Please refer to the first item on page http://www.davidbartosik.com/pub2002/pub2002_issues.htm You do not need to post your question on the different Publisher groups at once. -- David Bartosik - Microsoft MVP Visit www.davidbartosik.com for Publisher and Web Design Tips and How-to's. "Katrina" <carmelann@charter.net>...

Problem with dates
Hi. I have a date problem. I have got a workbook with a date column from a friend. When I copy a cell from the date colomn and past it in another workbook I get a different date. When I format it in text format, there are the same numbers. For example: I have a cell with format Date (15-3 05) and the cell value 27-5 05. (The value for this cell in text format is 37037). I copy this cell and past it in a New Workbook, and the date is 26-5 01. I look at the format and it�s the same. And the value in text format is also the same, 37037. But when I past it in the same workbook I copy it from, th...

Problem with CStdioFile
Hi All, I am facing a really wierd problem. I am using CStdioFile to open a file using the following command. det_file.Open("Detectors.txt", CFile::modeRead, NULL); every time I run this program, I get a debug assertion failure message. I ran the program in debug mode and found out that while executing this instruction, det_file.name is set to C:\Document and Settings\atif\My Documents\Detectors.txt Could any one please tell me why is this path changed to this directory. Regards, Atif > Could any one please tell me why is this path changed to this > directory. Where do y...