toolbar view

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Intel

I often view worksheets side by side in order to compare or tranfer data between them. But when I reduce the width to fit them beside each other the toolbar narrows too, making half of the custom toolbar functions inaccessable without clumsy re-widening first. This is a total pain. Can I separate the toolbars from the open page as per my old version of excel??
0
kerpie

Click the double arrows ( >>) at the right end of the bar to display the
hidden controls the bar is too narrow to display. The Standard Toolbar
cannot be removed from the Docked position within the window but any other
toolbar can be set to float.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 3/8/10 7:58 PM, in article 59bb4589.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"kerpie@officeformac.com" <kerpie@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I often
> view worksheets side by side in order to compare or tranfer data between them.
> But when I reduce the width to fit them beside each other the toolbar narrows
> too, making half of the custom toolbar functions inaccessable without clumsy
> re-widening first. This is a total pain. Can I separate the toolbars from the
> open page as per my old version of excel??

0
CyberTaz
3/9/2010 1:23:11 AM
Thanks for that. I have floated and customised the formatting toolbar with the shortcuts I use most.That's  great!
0
kerpie

Toolbar Macros
I posted this in the Programming newsgroup, but was given a Macro solution to this problem. So let me post again here. I'm just looking for an explanation as to how this stuff works. ----------------------------- I'm so confused!!! Some history... I have a workbook that I created maybe eight years ago, that has some simple macros that are run ONLY from this workbook, and are accessed by clicking on Tools menu, where the macros are listed at the bottom of the normal list. This macros (and the items on the Tools menu) are ONLY available for this particular workbook. I have tried ...

Can't remove "Visual Basic" toolbar & cannot add toolbars thru cus
Hi, I Can't remove the "Visual Basic" toolbar which has positioned itself right in the centre of the screen; it can't be removed or moved I also cannot add toolbars through the customise menu. Thanks. ...

my file using one note cannot be viewed completely if i e-mail it
i created a file with some pictures and handwriting, and e-mailed to friends who are using different e-mail servers, however the complete file cannot be viewed by friends who are using yahoo or hotmail accounts. some are broken up and some must save it on desktop and open to view. do recipients have to have one note program built in their computer? it will be waste of money if it only works with having one note program..... They need OneNote to open the *.one files, but the text of the message body should be viewable in any mail program that accepts HTML and doesn't block images...

Enlarge QAT (Quick Action Toolbar) icons
I've looked for a way (& through this forum) to enlarge the icons in 'my' QAT, but this does not appear to be possible. Am I overlooking some tweak that can do this or is the size of those icons really fixed? Thanks in advance for your comments. To get bigger icons, I believe you will have to change the screen resolution in Windows. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "PLDV" <PLDV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63C6AAD4-5308-4183-B227-BFED12196793@microsoft.com... > I've looked for a way (& through this forum...

ToolBar
Hi, I would like to have text on right on my toolbar. But only at some items. Like IE. I tryed it, but I had the space for text on the right at all items. And the space was long as the longest lext. Can U advise me, where I can find how to do this? Thanks a lot. Robert Have you looked at example MFCIE in MSDN which shows how to use MFC to create IE. I think what you need is individual sizing of each of the buttons. This sample should show it. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Robert Camsky" <robertcamsky@atlas.cz> wrote in message news:OKuWLdf6DHA.226...

Balance views
In the register I see the ending balance. Is there a way to get the "Cleared Balance"? This is available through Ultrasoft Money for my palm pilot. I like this so I can verify if my acct is balanced. ...

Outlook 2007 messages view in text when they should be in html
One of my users who is running Office 2007 has recently experienced email messages in Outlook coming in as text (only) when they should be in HTML. Her settings for outgoing messages are for HTML. Others are using Office 2003 with Outlook 2007 and have not experienced the same problem. Any ideas? are you sure the sender is using HTML when they compose the message? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email:...

Remove a third party (PDF) toolbar item from Outlook's Untitled message toolbar
How does one remove a third party (Adobe PDF) toolbar item from Outlook's Untitled message toolbar permanently. Where is this info stored? sounds like you have Adobe Acrobat installed. Why not simply un-install it. Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms SBCM wrote: > How does one remove a third party (Adobe PDF) toolbar item > from Outlook's Untitled message toolbar permanently. > Where is this info stored? ...

Customizing Views
I would like to add fields to a view.How do I do this?? -- Cheers Art In CRM 1.2 go to Home Page > Settings > System Customization and click on the object for which you would like to modify views, such as Contacts or Accounts. In the customization screen, on the bottom right will be a list of the views. You can double-click a view to open the screen to edit it. There will be buttons on the right which let you add or remove columns. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "ART@CT" wrote: > I would like to add fields to a view.How do I do this?? > -- >...

Buttons and View Names
How does one go about changing the labels on the navigation buttons, Go To listing, and action views (ie. I want to change Leads to Prospects or Sales Literature to Marketing)? Joe You can't. Really, the only way is to include JS in the mscrm files, and parse the menus at runtime. Mike "Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:447f01c3e45a$81ec4340$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How does one go about changing the labels on the > navigation buttons, Go To listing, and action views (ie. > I want to change Leads to Prospects or Sales Literature...

Drawing from Toolbar Crashes Excel 2008

Changing Current View in Multiple subfolders
I am unable to figure out how to change the "Current View" of multiple subfolders without going into each individual subfolder. Basically I would like to only have to change the view once for multiple folders. I did try changing the Current View on the Main folder but that did not affect the subfolders. You can't get around doing each one, BUT you can "Define" a view, and Apply it to them with a tick in Current View. Angus wrote: > I am unable to figure out how to change the "Current View" of multiple > subfolders without going into...

How do I view everything that is part of a Publisher publication?
I am trying to work with a Publisher document that someone else created and I would like to be able to view all of the graphics, images, and fonts all at the same time, within the program to make sure that it still looks correct even when I edit things. Please let me know how I am supposed to go about doing this as I have spent over an hour trying to figure it out and can't seem to get it all to appear on the page as it will look when printed out. On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 19:19:02 +0100, Lizz wrote (in article <AD6D87F4-4428-452A-98D8-E4EADE3617CA@microsoft.com>): > I am trying...

MSCRM 4.0 ISV Custom buttons not visible in Contact Detail Toolbar
Hello, After enabline isv integration in 4.0, I can see in the Accounts detail level toolbar the sample isv buttons, but when I goto Contacts detail toolbar, none are visible. I just added a button to the detail level toolbar in CRM 4.0. It was added basically to the same place as my old 3.0 in the isv.config, but after adding it wasn't visible. I then went to the ReadyServer image from Microsoft, and noticed that the isv.config was not present! (isv.xsd was present and accounted for). Since I could see the isv buttons in the account entity detail toolbar, I added my custom butto...

Size of toolbar buttons
Hello All How can I set the different size to different button of toolbar ( Exactly like Internet Explorer..The Width of Back and forward buttons is different ) What is style to be set of toolbat to achieve this? You probably want TBSTYLE_AUTOSIZE to do this. Here is a complete example. You probably need to look only at LoadMenu part. It should give you what you want: http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0199/c/c0199.aspx -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Roland" <ajay.sonawane@gmail.com> wrote in message news:69c0226e.0410050313.f223e9@posting.google.com... > Hel...

Problem with adding toolbar items
I'm having an odd problem with the AddCommandToCmdBar function with GP 8.0 SP4 (haven't checked other versions). When I set the CloneCmd parameter to true, and create toolbar items for all users, it works fine. But when I set that parameter to false, it doesn't create toolbar items for any user, including the currently logged in one. When I check the toolbar item table in SQL (SY07125), I see that it added the items, but with a blank USERID. I have used the Login_GetInfo function to confirm that at the time we run our toolbar creation code, there is a logged in user. S...

Adding a button to the toolbar
I'm using Visio 2003 and frequently use the Visio Add-on (through Visio Extras) for numbering my objects. Instead of clicking through 3 submenus, I wish to put the "number shapes" Extra on my toolbar for easy access. Thank you! ...

Default toolbars and toolbar buttons seen instead of customization #2
Hi, I just got excel 2003. After I customize my toolbar close excel and then reopen the default toolbar reappears and my customization is lost. Any one know how to solve it? Hagai ...

Insertion point disappears in outline view of PPt 2007
When typing the content of my presentation in outline view, if I pause for a second, the insertion point "disappears". If I continue to type, the new text does not show up either in the outline or on the slide. I can click back in the outline pane and continue but the insertion point soon disappears again - sometimes in the middle of a word. I provide training and support to faculty and staff at a 2-yr college and one of my faculty members called this morning with the same issue. I have used the outline pane extensively in multiple versions of PPt (including 2007) a...

Custom Toolbars and Relative Macros
Hi I've made a custom toolbar, EGI, which has two buttons on it. The toolbar is attached to the workbook. However, the workbook is only a template workbook, so many copies of it will be made. When this happens the toolbar buttons relate to the original (template) workbook. How can I make the buttons be 'relative' to the workbooks? Thanks! Assign the macros in the Workbook_Open event Private Sub Workbook_Open() With Application.Commandbars("MyBar") .Controls("Ctl1").OnAction = "myMacro1" .Controls("Ctl2").OnAction...

No CRM toolbar in Appointment windows
Hello, I have a problem. I do not see CRM toolbar in Outlook Appointment window. In other windows everything is OK . CRM addon is working. I use Office 2007 SP2 with CRM 4.0 UR7 and Windows 7. Any suggestions ? B.I. Not sure if its too late for this reply. I had the same problem, and the fix was as simple as this: 1. Go to Outlook Menubar -> CRM -> Options. 2. On the 'Set Personal Options' dialog, go to the Synchronization tab. 3. Check the 'Appointments I'm attending' checkbox and click OK. The CRM toolbar will be available in Appointments from now on...

[MFC] Printing views
Hi, I had to change a couple of things in my application regarding to the document-view structure in the app. Before the view we wanted to print was attached to the document, and automatically it would be printed. Right now we have a slightly different structure: View 1 View 2 View 3 View 1 is attached to the document at all times, where View 2 and View 3 are children of View 1, so not attached to the document at all. The problem is, I can't print View 2 anymore, is there a way to do all this? I don't want to map the print menu option to the OnFilePrint function of CView, be...

Toolbars
Out of sudden, my toolbar showing "File,Edit,View,..." goes missing. Tried removing and reinstalling Office but still the same. Action buttons "Send,Delete,Reply,.." still there. But duplication appears when I switch views between folders. Anyone who knows how to solve??.. ...

Reviewing toolbar
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have to do reviewing on many documents. It is extremely annoying that I cannot set the Reviewing Toolbar to always be on. For each document, I have to into the VIew menu and open it. There should be a way to set your default Toolbars to whatever you want! Unfortunately that's how it's designed to work. If you open a file which contains tracked changes or comments the bar will automatically launch, but if neither are present it not only won't launch but will be taken away. There is no Prefer...

Custom Views for Subfolders?
Outlook 2002 (Office XP) I have a set up a custom view for my Inbox. I also have many subfolders under my inbox. How to I apply my Inbox custom view to all my Inbox subfolders? I would think there would be an "apply to subfolders" option, but if there is, I can't find it. Thanks. ...