Strange Excel behaviour

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

Hi there,  <br>
I'm writing to you because I'm driving crazy with excel. <br>
Everything works quite fine, but, when entering numbers in a cell, Excell automaticly divides it per 100!! so I enter for example 4, and it writes 0,04!! <br>
any idea about the reasons why?? <br>
thanks a lot <br>
Carlo
0
lajuerga

Well, sure... And if you'd queried the group before posting you'd know why
as well :-) It's been asked & answered numerous times:

Go to Excel> Preferences> Edit, then clear the check on 'Display this number
of decimal places'.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 5/3/10 10:40 AM, in article 59bb7d8e.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"lajuerga@officeformac.com" <lajuerga@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi
> there,
> I'm writing to you because I'm driving crazy with excel.
> Everything works quite fine, but, when entering numbers in a cell, Excell
> automaticly divides it per 100!! so I enter for example 4, and it writes
> 0,04!!
> any idea about the reasons why??
> thanks a lot
> Carlo

0
CyberTaz

excel start up #2
i have a working rota spreadsheet with dates in the columns and rota info below, how do i get it to show todays date info at start up With this file open and visible in the main Excel window, right-click on the little Excel file icon to the left of the File menu (assumes you are using xl2003) and choose View Code. Paste the following into the code area of the VBE that will open up: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim lngRow As Long With Sheets("Sheet1") ' amend sheet name as appropriate lngRow = Application.Match(CLng(Date), .Range("A:A")) 'amend column as ap...

cube analysis add -in for excel and local cube
Hi Can we connect a local cube(.cub) file through the cube analysis add-in of excel? I got the error "Data source contains no visible tables" I have installed ptslite.exe and sql server 2005's analysis services ole db .msi and msxml6.msi. What else should i do? ...

Excel error message #6
I have Office 2000 on my laptop with Windows XP. When I start, and again when I exit, Excel, I get an error message: "Microsoft Visual Basic Compile error in hidden module TBrun9" How do I correct this? David Look here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;272066 In article <1340701c3f712$da6bdd80$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "David" <macconsulting@prodigy.net> wrote: > I have Office 2000 on my laptop with Windows XP. > When I start, and again when I exit, Excel, I get an error > message: > "Microsoft Visual Basic > Compil...

Excel 2007
Original post: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/23fa6398a8747c97/b01098814db13a95?lnk=gst&q=excel+2007+cut+off&safe=images# I'm having this exact same issue!! It's been driving me insane and the IT Help Desk people at my work are useless. Does anyone know anything about this??? I ended up figuring out that it only occurs when you change the font size of the text. Anything below or above the default 11, and it doesn't matter which font (I have tried default Calibri, Verdana, Arial and a few others). I have not tried chang...

Excel Queries using Access data
Im trying to create a query from within Excel. When I select new database query and select a database which has no securtiy login/password, no problem, works fine. However, when I try to source the data from a database which I have created using user logins/passwords it says that I do not have admin privilages to use the database even though I am putting in the correct login/username in the popup window? Please can anyone help? I've had limited experience with this sort of thing but I've always had to strip out the protection on the Access Database and create a copy before suc...

Excel Formulas Not Updating
For some reason when I create a new sheet, my formulas do not get updated when I change the value of a cell that si used to calculate the formula (I have to double click on the formula and then I get the right value). This problem does not occur when I make changes to files that I get from other people Try Tools / Options / Calculation / Change to Automatic if on Manual Excel takes it's calculation status from that of the first file opened after launching Excel. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02...

How do I link data from two different excell files?
I have two excell spreadsheets that need to be matched up and merge a certain field. Is there a statement that wou vlookup HTH, -- Gary Brown gary.DeleteThis2SendMeAnEmail.Brown@kinneson.com "twinclstar" wrote: > I have two excell spreadsheets that need to be matched up and merge a certain > field. Is there a statement that wou ...

Searching multiple excel documents
When searching for P.O. numbers in windows 2000 basic search command I enter the *.xls in the files or folders field, and i enter the P.O. number in the Containing text field but no xls documents show up. i've selected to search through all subdirectories and am positive the P.O. number is in a xls document, as i've cut and pasted it to test this. I've tried doing alpha numeric searches that are withing xls documents and this returns nothing aswell. doing a pure text search in all documents does return positive, so my search funtion does work for containting text. does wind...

Excel Formatting to look like Project
I was raised on Primavera Teamplay so project is somewhat new to me. I need to get updates on schedules from people designated as "project leads", I have listed these people in the "contact" column in Project. I can sort by that column than copy/paste to Excel....easy enough My problem is I would ideally like that "wbs structure" or I guess in project the "summary" task to remain formatted like it looks in project ... the indentions, bolding, etc. In Primavera this was fairly easy to do, by creating a report to export data to an ASCI file then import...

Excel 2007
The dynamic names I used to utilize in Excel 2003 to define the data range for charts in my worksheets don't work anymore, because excel modifies them upon saving the file : Filename.xls!DynamicNamedRange gets changed to [0]!DynamicNamedRange for all the chart series using this syntax. Is there another syntax I can use ? Any workaround ? If the data is in a Table (new XL2007 feature); the chart is automatically dynamic best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "jcollot" <jcollot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Possible to open word documents in Excel using hyperlinks?
Hi, I wondered whether it was possible to open office documents from within MS Excel using hyperlinks to the related files. The documents in question are MS Word format. Cheers Have you try it ? Ctrl-K Existing file ...... -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "DobieM" <DobieM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DFD72F1-0F21-4414-929D-4D9307997D68@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I wondered whether it was possible to open office documents from within MS > Excel using hyperlinks to the related files. The documents in question are MS > Wor...

Insert PDF into Excel Cell?
I would like to do a MS Word mail merge using excel as the data source for a fax blast. However, I need to send a specific page to a specific fax number. I was thinking of setting up an excel document with [name, fax number, document] columns as the data source, and then merge with my word document. My concern is that each recipient get the correct (individualized) page, along with the cover sheet. Is is possible to embed a file (pdf or word) into an excel cell? That way, i could use the excel file to set up the merge (Name1, Fax Number1, Document 1; Name2, Fax Number,2 Document 2; Name3,...

EDI transfer to Excel
Is there a quick / Free way to transfer EDI data file into Excel ? Thanks http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=EDI+data+file+into+Excel&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi= Phil Wales wrote: > Is there a quick / Free way to transfer EDI data file into Excel ? > Thanks ...

I need to type numbers into an excel spreadsheet some of them begin with a zero some do not. How can I have excel show the 0 in the numbers that begin with 0. If I type 0236547 the number shows as 236547. I don't want all the numbers I type to begin with zero. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks very much for your help. Best regards, Dee use a custom format with how ever many digits you need, 000000 -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA60FC8A-C7CB-432A-B2B2-EEEBF86D2646@microsoft.com... >...

make changes to excel workbook
hi I have a program on my computer that is using an Excel workbook. I'm using VB6 and need to modify this excel workbook. How can I make changes to this excel workbook without saving it first to the hard drive and afterward reopen it. thanks replies in .programming -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "yosilb" <yosilb@walla.com> wrote in message news:4691b8e4@news.bezeqint.net... > hi > I have a program on my computer that is using an Excel workbook. > I'm using VB6 and need to modify this excel ...

Use Excel to make an update query to another database table?
I have a spreadsheet in Excel with information on it that I'd like to update to a database table (outside of Excel). I have been using Excel to pull database information in, and now I'd like to use it to write data to the same table. To this point I've just been copying the data into an Access table and creating an update query. Anyway to get Excel to do this?? Many thanks in advance. ...

Stop opening multiple versions of Excel when click on xls files
Excel 2002 SP3 Win XP HE Hi, If I click on an xls file in Windows Explorer, it properly starts Excel and opens the file. However, if I need another file opened, and click on another xls file within Windows Explorer, instead of opening the file only, it starts up a new instance of Excel. So I can find myself with 3 or 4 (or more) instances of Excel running simultaneously. It's not a huge problem but I believe not necessary and would like to see if I can find a way of only opening the file in question once Excel is already opened, etc. Any ideas? Thanks. On Jun 28, 2:55 pm, ste...

Re: Excel - MATCH, INDEX or VLOOKUP - That is the Question
Hi, Here asking for your help again. This place is so useful. Heres the situation: (Also see attachment) If the user were to pick answers from a series of questions is i possible to match up the answers and return the relevant result. i. A7+B7+C7+D7+E7 = G7. How can this be done, please. Thanks Andrew :confused Attachment filename: multipl eg.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=55677 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Perhaps the quiz template on my website can help or point you in useful direction: ht...

Excel Trace Fomula dependence or precedence
The Go To pop windows doesn't show up when I double click on the dot line, which is ponting to the reference located in the other sheet within the same workbook, through using the trace fomula precedence function. I have already check the "Show all" in the "view" tab. Could someone help me out? ...

Excel DB alike?
Hi! An amateur question: can someone help me getting a good tutorial or the neccesary information for filling row B automatically depending on the data on row A? For example: If row A says: Dog Carrot Apple Orange Cat Horse I would like row B to be automatically filled with: animal vegetable fruit fruit animal animal * Notice that the order on A doesn't follow a pattern Thanks! SSJ You need the Vlookup function for this. Check out the Excel pages at www.nwarwick.co.uk where you will find a link to an easy to follow tutorial that you can adapt to your own situation. HTH Neil www....

excel vba
Here is the formula I have currently in cell J22 =IF(D22="","",VLOOKUP(D22,$N$1:$R$1459,IF($M$1="trade sale",4,4),FALSE)) In cell M1 it changes from retail to trade depending on which they choose at startup In cell D22 is where they have a dropdown list to choose a product In column N they have the product codes In column O they have the product units In column P they have the product In column Q they have the trade price In column R they have the retail price If M1 is trade sale, it will return the proper trade price, however if M1 is retail price, it still re...

use Excel Now() in VBA
Excel's Now() function has a resolution down to hh:mm:ss.00 where the VBA Now function only has hh:mm:ss. I need the accuracy of the excel now function in a macro but application.worksheetfunction.now does not work. My workaround at this point is referencing a cell with "=now()" in it, but before I reference it I have to use application.calculate so it updates. Is there a better way to do this? Hi, You could use the 'timer' function in vb which measures elapsed time and providing you not using a Mac it will return the fractional part of a second. ...

Excel QUOTIENT ; That's the matter with the formula ......
1. Enter the following formula into a worksheet cell :- 2. = QUOTIENT (36,16) + RQP 3. Where RQP (=26) is a Named Formula (well defined). 4. The given formula appears to calculate well until the partial evaluation in the Formula Bar gives #NAME? (that's apparently an error condition). 5. That means that when the function QUOTIENT is applied in a larger formula, it would stall thereof. 6. There are inevitably dithering moments at the expense of troublshooting. 7. Please share your experience. Regards. What's the definition of RQP? When I put 26 in a cell and name that cell RQP....

FRX Reporting to Excel
We are using version 8.0 of Great Plains and FRX Release 6.7.141. If we try and send FRX report to Formatted Excel output we get Frx Reporting Engine error "Table failed to open" We do not get this error when sending to Excel output (non formatted). Anyone know what might cause this ? First, download FRx sp2. It fixes a lot of problems. I was, in fact, able to use the formatted Excel as output. I was working on this very issue earlier this year. FRx said the problem would be fixed in sp3. Try sp2, though, and see if it fixes your problem. Clyde Hall wrote: > We are usin...

Large file size in Excel
I've got a worksheet that is blank, and the Ctrl-End key combination jumps to cell A1. I originally pasted 5 colums by 138 rows of data into this spreadsheet, then erased the columns completely by using 'Ctrl+-'. I've also selected the entire sheet and used Edit->Clear All. All this to no avail. I have an empty spreadsheet that takes up 900 KB, but zips to 30 KB Any suggestions on how to reduce the file size is welcome. "Jon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69DAD6D5-9876-43C9-B11B-7AC6C19F9CFA@microsoft.com... > I've g...