refreshing random generated data

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I've made a program to randomly generate a 3-variable selection from 3 separate unrelated columns of data, but the only way I can find to refresh the table and get a new set of random variables is to change something in the database.  The easiest way I've found to do this is to simply click on the border between the row or column labels (which would resize the columns if I click/drag to the new width), and it works fairly well but my professor saw me using it, gave me props, and asked for a copy.  I'd like to implement a more formal way to refresh these variables before I send it to him; is there a way I can put in a button or assign a keystroke or something that will do this?  Thanks.
0
sycsummit

I haven't tried it but I would imagine that the Calculate Now/Sheet command
should do it - Have a look in Excel> Preferences - Calculation.

--
HTH |:>)
Bob Jones

<sycsummit@officeformac.com> wrote in message
> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel
> I've made a program to randomly generate a 3-variable selection from 3
> separate unrelated columns of data, but the only way I can find to refresh
> the table and get a new set of random variables is to change something in
> the database. The easiest way I've found to do this is to simply click on
> the border between the row or column labels (which would resize the
> columns if I click/drag to the new width), and it works fairly well but my
> professor saw me using it, gave me props, and asked for a copy. I'd like
> to implement a more formal way to refresh these variables before I send it
> to him; is there a way I can put in a button or assign a keystroke or
> something that will do this? Thanks.

0
CyberTaz

First Data on Vital Setup
Looking for Referral Partners to share residual income on credit card processing. We can setup built-in VITAL support for credit card processing. email cardservice@FDISChiTown.com -- Chinatown2.net ...

FORMATTING THE DATA SERIES
Hello, How can I set the line and marker options to default to "AUTOMATIC" instead of "CUSTOM" in the FORMAT DATA SERIES - PATTERNS option? Thanks. :-) Hey Consuelo - That means you have a default chart type defined that uses customized patterns. You have two options: 1. Go to Chart Type on the Chart menu, click on the Custom Types tab, select the User Defined option, click on Default under Chart Type, and click the Delete button. This resets to the original default chart type, a clustered column chart. 2. Make a chart as usual (which uses the current default) ...

how do i refresh or sync all?
I am trying to force my mail to refresh, or to look for new mail much like Outlook Express does when you click on "Sync All". Maybe I shouldn't be concerned with this. Does Outlook deliver mail as soon as it is processed by the server or is it sent at preset intervals set by the administrator? Les perhaps you mean Send/Receive ? Still learning wrote: > I am trying to force my mail to refresh, or to look for new mail much like > Outlook Express does when you click on "Sync All". Maybe I shouldn't be > concerned with this. Does Outlook de...

Could a Windows Explorer crash end up corrupting data?
Using Windows Explorer, I moved several gigabytes of data from my hard drive to a USB drive. Then later in the day, Windows Explorer crashed - it said something like "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close" and it also mentioned the possibility of losing data. I know that sometimes when you copy stuff to a USB drive, not all the data will get copied immediately, due to caching, and that's why you need to click the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon before you unplug the drive. I never clicked on that after I moved my files, because I just ...

Integration manager, GP9.0, data from tables???
Here's the situation: Using GP9.0 and need to import sales through SOP. I created a gateway between the company proprietary systems and GP 9.0 using Access 2003. The data is created and stored in tables I created in the appropriate company databases. Its easy in Access to connect to the appropriate company using RegisterGlobals9. How can I get IM to mimic that so I can create the three data sources I need to make the SOP integration work? One option is to dump the tables to CSV and use them to integrate but that appears to be plagued by a rounding problem (specifically, the MS ...

inverting data
I'm wondering if it's possible to invert data so that what is up at th top will now be at the bottom and what is at the bottom will now be u at the top. This would be easy if I had only a few rows o information, but I have hundreds. Thanks in advance. -- Isaa -- I Maycott ----------------------------------------------------------------------- I Maycotte's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3560 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55988 You can temporarily add a 'helper' column next to your column of...

Extract data from mny file without MS Money
Hi, I have used MS Money 2000 for many years on windows 2000 with no issues. I have about 6 or 7 accounts in my file and several years of data. I have now moved countries and jobs and have a new laptop. Stupidly I left the install disc in storage at home as I was sure that I could purchase a newer version of money and restore my backup. Yes I have my mny files with me. However it seems clear to me now that there is no new version of money for international users. Next best solution - I would like to convert this mny file to a QIF or QFX file so that I can at least get some data ...

Excel saving random files
We have several excel spreadsheets that are shared and used by multiple staff. One particula staff member uses the files and everytime he clicks save the file duplicates itself to the server. The duplicated file is not saved with any extension and just seems to be a set of random numbers (i.e. B206DD10, F240ED10, ect). Any ideas on what might be causing this problem? Any help is appreciated as these files are eating up hard drive space like crazy. When excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary file with a funny name (8 characters--no extension). If the save is successful, ...

Refresh some not Refresh All
Hello. I have a workbook with 10 sheets all of which have external data that needs to be refreshed periodically. Most of the time I only need to refresh 8 of the sheets. Is there a way to refresh just those 8 without having to refresh each one separately? Thanks in advance. You can use a macro to do it. It would go something like this... Sub RefreshSome() Dim wks As Worksheet Dim qt As QueryTable For Each wks In Worksheets Select Case wks.Name Case "Sheet1", "sheet2" Case Else For Each qt In wks.Que...

Can't access Business data
I can sign in to MS Money, but when I click on "Business" to access the invoices & reports I need to do my 2006 taxes, I get an error message that says "MSMoney.exe Entry point not found." Below that it says "The procedure entry point ?FInitDuelCat@CMoneyDuelCat@QAEHPAVCListCAT...(I didn't write the entire thing out--it's very long)." I need to access these records to report our income from our business. Can anyone help? In microsoft.public.money, MicheleFields wrote: >I can sign in to MS Money, but when I click on "Business" to ...

How to click and drag to modify plotted data in Excel?
Click on a series to select it Click on a data point in the selected series, to select the data point Point to the selected data point (or the end of the bar or column) When the pointer changes to a double-headed arrow, drag up or down Lady Awesome wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Inner Join query generating wrong result
My query is based on 2 tables (pounds & Hours). Both tables use autonumber as a PK. Both tables share 5 similar fields:(Year, Month, Week, Location, ProdCategory) but as you can see none of those fields is unique. The pound table has additional field (ProdCode) by which the pounds are grouped. In the query I need to show only the Year (no month/week), Location, ProdCategory, and SumOfPounds form the pound table, plus the (Hours) from the hours table. When I group all 4 fields and sum the pounds field, I get a large data (as if i'm pulling weekly data). When I sum the hours as wel...

Data Migration 08-22-07
Hello all I was wondering if the Data Migration Pack for MS CRM is what I'm looking for. We have all of our clients/customers data in the Office Accounting database and we want to migrate stuff like their name, address, etc, so that we don't have to go into CRM and do it all over again...so is the Data Migration Pack the solution? Thanks, S.R. DMF is the framework for data migration from other systems to ms crm and data mapping. you can develop your own tool for this. for more see www.scribe.com is based on dmf.. and also I had developed import utility for importing into MS CRM....

pivot tables
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet that has a variety of 'fields', split into column ie. name | address1 | address 2 | priority | zone I have created a pivot table that shortlists based on the priority an zone fields. Problem is, I can only get the 'name' data listed in th result rows, and not the associated address data. The ideal is to b able to generate as follows; Pivottable priority - select from a dropdown (done this) zone - select from a dropdown (done this) name1 - address1 address2 name2 - address1 address2 name3 - .... Any ideas -- Message posted from http...

Refresh 1 subform from another
I am trying to refresh a subform from another subform and I cannot seem to make it work. I have a button on subform 2 that needs to have subform1 refresh. I used Me.subform1.mainform.form.refresh and I get an error that says Method or Data Member not found. Anyone know what I did wrong? I am thinking I should use ! instead of . but I don't know what the difference is between them. Any help? -- Thanks As Always Rip Ripper wrote: >I am trying to refresh a subform from another subform and I cannot seem to >make it work. I have a button on subform 2 that needs to have su...

Filter data #3
I want to filter the data on a sheet, basing on the value in a particular cell - say A1. What I have done so far is: 1) I have generated code to filter the list 2) I have provided a pick list in Cell A1 3) I have created a command button, clicking on which will execute the code I mentioned in step (1) above. Instead of clicking on the command button each time, is there a way to filter the list, as soon as the value in Cell A1 is changed? Which event should I use in my code for that? Regards, Murthy Hi Murthy You can use the change event to run your sub. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ev...

Query not getting the new data
Excel2000, SQL2000, ODBC I have a spreadsheet with query to import data from a table but it just won't pickup the new data with the refresh option. If I recreate the query it would do the job right. Any idea? Thanks ...

How to use data validation
[NB: I re-structure my question since people got misled from my previous one] What I really wish to ask is: I wish to use data validation for a particular cell. But it doesn't work if I choose "custom" in the "allow" box. 1) In Data | Validation | Settings Tab | Validation Criteria, there is an "Allow" Box. 2) I chose "custom", there is a formula. 3) I type in some formula, eg: =J3 (Just Reference) =J3-J1 (Reference-type formula) =round(J1) (Function-type formula) None of them can activate the validation fu...

Plotting data points on 2 axis
I have a table in excel Col A: name of stores Col B: % scores on Parameter A Col C: % scores on Parameter B I want to plot a chart with Parameter A on X-axis, Parameter B on Y-axis. The stores should be plotted as data points in all 4 quadrants. While the scores for Parameter A & B are in % (0 to 100), i want the base point as 60%. There would thus be stores (data points) in all four quadrants of the chart. How can i plot such a chart. Plz help. Regards Nikhil Make an XY chart using the data in columns B and C (parameters A and B). Format each axis scale so the other axis crosse...

Cells WON'T stop refreshing automatically
I have a workbook with many worksheets and links that I need to publish externally with links locked so that users won't get the "The workbook you opened contains automatic links..." message. I have gone into <Tools> <Options> <Calculation>, unchecked the <Update Remote References> checkbox, and saved the workbook; however, each time I reopen the saved workbook, the <Update Remote References> checkbox has been rechecked by some mischevious gremlin, and I invariably get the "The workbook you opened contains automatic links..." mess...

VWD2008 will not refresh HTML file
I am trying to use the showmodaldialog function to display help files for my website. But when I make modifications to the HTML file, a previous version of that file is displayed from within the VWD environment, even if I just want to debug that file. I have restarted VWD, but the old version is still displayed. When I double-click that same file outside the VWD environment, the modified version is displayed, so I know the changes are being saved. I have searched the entire hard drive and there is no other file with the same name. ...

CRM3.0 : Getting Error While Inserting the "site" entity data...
Hi All, I am trying to create a new record for "site" entity in crm3.0. I am passing an XML which contains the data required for creating the "site" entity record. I am calling crm service's Create() meethod for this purpose. But everytme i am getting "Generic SQL Error". Am i missing some required data ? PLease help. Thanks in Advance. ---Praveen It sounds like you have a custom entity called site? Are you using the SDK to create a new record in this entity? What language are you developing this in? Your question is really not very clear at all. "...

cannot input data the speadsheet keeps highlighting
When i click on anything in the Work Sheet it is highlighted. i cannot click on any cell within the worksheet or input any data. i went through all the options but i cannot figure this out. try the f8 key -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "andre" <andre.pershad@citigroup.com> wrote in message news:045a01c3dbba$2e1d2d90$a401280a@phx.gbl... > When i click on anything in the Work Sheet it is > highlighted. i cannot click on any cell within the > worksheet or input any data. > i went through all the options but i cannot figure this > out. th...

Refreshing
Hi !! I ve done a OCX to view certain type of images. The OCX has a dialog in it with buttons. This OCX has been loaded into a html page. When multiple OCX are being placed in the html page I find the images that are displayed flickers. I use invalidate to refresh but refreshing is very fast. What should I do now to make smooth refreshing. Thanx Sudharsan Double buffer the image. Create a memory bitmap, copy to it, the BitBlt to your OCX's HDC. This may increase CPU usage a little. "Sudharsan" <Sudharsan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A72BC9BB-...

Chart and Data range
Hello I'm using a chart dayly and i would like that the chart take all the data without selecting source data within data source and updating the range manualy. Thanks for Help Louis Do a Google search for: Excel dynamic chart or go to http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Louis" <Louis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F2F4B7D-82E2-47F9-9D05-79BEE769CFC2@microsoft.com... > Hello > > I'm using a chart dayly and i would li...