Question mark on Excel 2008 in Dock

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I get a "question mark" when I try to open Excel 2008 for Mac. Checked forlder. Excel appears to be "missing" for no apparent reason. PPT, Word etc still in applications folder. Tried to re-install but received error message "newer version already installed".
0
Darnoc

Use Spotlight to Find it.  You are looking for the file name "Microsoft
Excel.app"

Umm...  Assuming it's not in the trash?  You have checked?

Cheers

On 21/05/10 12:17 AM, in article 59bb8bf0.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Darnoc@officeformac.com" <Darnoc@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I get a "question mark" when I try to open Excel 2008 for Mac. Checked
> forlder. Excel appears to be "missing" for no apparent reason. PPT, Word etc
> still in applications folder. Tried to re-install but received error message
> "newer version already installed".

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John_McGhie_

Backup question

Excel 97 quote calculations #2
Hi Jackie! You could try extending the IF statement. I don't know whether it will work in Excel 97 as I have only used Excel 2000, but here it is: =IF(B4<40000,293.75,IF(B4<80000,323.13)) and so on. Hope it works. Satyajit No basic worksheet functions have been added in recent versions, your approach would work even in Excel 4 (and probably earlier). However, you can have only 7 levels of nested functions in any version. A VLOOKUP table would be much more flexible in terms of the number of rates you could choose among. Jerry Satyajit Bhagwat wrote: > Hi Jackie! &g...

weight measurement Excel
I want to apply a weight measurement in Excel of Stones and Ounces, cannot work out how! thanks Can you explain in detail how you wish to apply this? -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "edroberts77" <edroberts77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2246B506-DF98-4C0B-BBBB-BAEC1AA584EA@microsoft.com... > I want to apply a weight measurement in Excel of Stones and Ounces, cannot > work out how! thanks well i have a column in a spreadsheet that indiates a users weight. I want the measurement to be in stones and pounds...

I want to save an Excel file in "Pipe Delimited" (instead of csv).
I want to save my Excel file as "Pipe Delimited" (instead of csv) or else, if csv, then all values from a column to be enclosed in double quotes and not just the ones which have a comma in their values. See www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm for details and example code. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "J�Zee" <J�Zee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:846F5BD4-D8AF-41C6-B474-B788AEFF188D@microsoft.com... >I want to save my Excel file as "Pipe Delimited" (instead o...

a question and a question

excel vba problems
1.for excel VBA programming, how to get the row value and column value of an active cell ? 2. if XX="YYY" then XX=10, if XX="iii" then XX=8, if XX="ooo" the XX=5, if...... -------- How to shorten the uper express ? Hi 1. msgbox activecell.row msgbox activecell.column 2. As alternative select case XX "YYY": xx=10 "iii": xx=8 "ooo": xx=5 ... end select -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Martin" <lajitong888@21cn.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:#trVx#TmEHA.3156@TK...

IE8 privacy question

IF AND question

Question about Paste Special

Microsoft Query question

Question

Excel 2003 font problem
Hey guys, I'm using Excel 2003. The standard font is just the regular Arial font, and I've never had a problem. Now when I open something, everything is in italics, and when I check the font, regular for Arial is not there. If I reinstall the font, then it's all there again, but every time I turn my computer off, turn it on, and go to excel, the same thing happens. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks! Eric Hi Eric, Have to tell you I am no expert, but I would suggest to see if the problem is here: Go to Tools, then Options, then General and have a look at the f...

OWA Question #16

VBA//Oracle Interfacing Question

Text Box Question

401K questions

If / Then Question

Fibonacci function/command in excel?...tia sal
Fibonacci function/command in excel?...tia sal Greetings all, Is thier a Fibonacci function or command built into excel? TIA Please don't post the same message in different newsgroups. It only tends to fragment your answers, and to potentially waste the time of someone answering a post that's already been answered. For tips on using these groups effectively, see http://cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm In article <IVjpe.62542$lQ3.45092@bignews5.bellsouth.net>, <sal@spp.net> wrote: > Fibonacci function/command in excel?...tia sal > > Greetings all, &...

ROWCOUNT question

Using labels in EXCEL 2007
I have app 400 names in Col B row 1 down to row 400 of my spreadsheet. I would like to transfer that info to "paper labels" Anyone know how? Thanks "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F98982B9-75BD-4A9D-85AD-2C28BC9408EA@microsoft.com... >I have app 400 names in Col B row 1 down to row 400 of my spreadsheet. > I would like to transfer that info to "paper labels" > Anyone know how? > Thanks You ask "Anyone know how" Of course someone here knows how! I don't have your answer, b...

Exmerge Question #7

Excel config files
Installing Excel on a new computer, want to copy over the config files, not sure which these might be or where they're located. ? Thanks! Config files? "Steve" <kg@ut.inv> wrote in message news:5nnrovcg36i4ve5jivn2te86ac4g3j9tec@4ax.com... > Installing Excel on a new computer, want to copy over the config > files, not sure which these might be or where they're located. ? > > Thanks! "Steve" wrote... >Installing Excel on a new computer, want to copy over the config >files, not sure which these might be or where they're located. ? ...

MS SQL Express 2008
Hi all, in order to increase performance of my Access 2007 application i choose to split the backend to a SQl Express 2008 Database engine. However..this seems not to function..i receive an error message saying - The Upsizing Wizard does not work with the version of Microsoft SQL server to which your project is connected..I cannot find anything related to this issue on the Microsoft Update Website.. Any suggestions? Thanks! I'm not sure, but I doubt Access 2007 can control SQL 2008. Access has never worked with SQL versions that came out later than the Access versio...

How do I keep excel chart "data table" formats in several workbook
I have 1 workbook with the source data that creates serveral charts. The charts have been formated to show "data tables" containing both dollars and percents. I want to take the graphs and split up to various excel workbooks. When I copy the graph tab from the source file into the new workbook, I lose the formatting on the "data tables." Is there a way to copy the graphs to new workbooks while retaining the "data table" formats? I would prefer to not have to maintain the source data within each of the workbooks. The goal is to update the source file wh...