Problem Sharing a Workbook between Mac and PC

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

Thanks!
1
bosstone75

I doubt if anyone can help: I suspect the problem is that the Mac does not
set the lock files correctly.

That said, I would be more hopeful of it working in .xlsx than in .xls.

Various things don't work properly or are not supported in the old formats.

Sorry

On 11/12/09 2:59 AM, in article 59baea12.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"bosstone75@officeformac.com" <bosstone75@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello
> and thanks in advance for your help.
>
> I'm trying to set up an Excel spreadsheet that is going to be shared between a
> Mac and a PC over a Microsoft Server.  This workbook is also password
> protected for read rights.
>
> In doing some testing, I found that if I open the document on both a Mac and a
> PC and I make a change to the SAME row, SAME cell, and if I save using the PC
> first, when I go to save it using the Mac, I get a message explaining that a
> change was already made to that cell and it asks me which change to consider
> the final change.  This is how it is suppose to work.
>
> HOWEVER, If I save the file on the MAC first, I never get any message when I
> save using the PC.  It simply overwrites whatever the Mac saved.  Then If I
> try and save the Mac version again, I get a message saying that the File Was
> Not Saved.
>
> I am using Excel 2008 on my Intel Mac 10.5.4
> I am using Excel 2007 on my PC Windows XP
>
> I saved the file as an xls since that's the format that works best with a Mac.
>
> Can anyone help?
> Thanks!

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
John
12/12/2009 7:01:45 AM
Thanks,   <br><br>When I get to work on Monday, I'll try switching it to the xlsx format and seeing if that improves functioning.
0
bosstone75

Problem shortcuts in Word

Outlook 2003 PST problems

How do I link data workbooks to a create a graph?
I am attempting to take workbooks from the last 4 months, each with a daily data sheet, and link Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, etc. to time of day and staffing levels. I want the final result to be charts that show the relationship between staffing levels, incoming call volume, and time of day. hi Andrea, Many things are possible in Excel & I'd say that you could probably find a way of linking all the workbooks. However, I think any "easier" approach would involve opening each file & copying the data from each sheet in each file to a single sheet in one file (with...

Problem with Authentication

calendar problem

problem #4

95 and 97 problem

VB Script to copy incremental data from one sheet of workbook to o
Hi, I am looking for a script that can copy the incremental data in existing sheet to another sheet in the same workbook, just want to copy the incremental data of 3 column, i.e. column A,B and S of the existing sheet. I am using excel 2007 Hi, What is 'incremental data' and how do we recognise it and distinguish it from other data in those columns? -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Samarth" wrote: > Hi, > ...

sync problems

Date problem

transferring my video from sony handycam to pc harddrive
I have connected my sony handycam to the pc via usb.I was informed to use windows explorer to transfer my footage,but i dont know how to get into this? I originally tried using software off the internet, but i kept getting the message " to run this application, you need to install macromedia flash player first", which i tried to off adobe, but it wouldnt download.I just need the easiest way to put the video on the pc from the camcorder.Thanks I doubt you'll find the answer in a Macintosh Office forum, which is what this is :) I suggest you contact Sony support, although you ...

Installation Problem!!

Office 2007 - HELP

Resource editor problems

Directory Replication Problem #2

I want work, and view,a single sheet in Mac Excel ... like I did in PC Excel
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) How do you setup MAC Excel to be able to work in a single sheet format ... the Mac Excel comes up showing several sheets. It isn't showing "several sheets", it's using the newly introduced Page Layout View by default. You're only viewing the one sheet but it's 'separated' into pages as it would be if you were to print the sheet. You can click the Normal View button in the lower left corner of the document window or go to View> Normal to change the view of any given sheet at any time you wish � Norma...

Cell Format

outlook web access redirect problem

Problem after sorting

IF AND problem

Problem SHAppBarMessage
Hi, I am creating an application bar which shall be displayed always at the top of the screen to show the user certain alerts. I am using the commands SHAppBarMessage(ABM_NEW, &abd); SHAppBarMessage(ABM_QUERYPOS, &abd); SHAppBarMessage(ABM_SETPOS, &abd); SetWindowPos(NULL, abd.rc.left, abd.rc.top, abd.rc.right - abd.rc.left, iClientHeight, SWP_NOACTIVATE); Works fine. The problem begins, when I start moving the taskbar. I am catching the event OnSettingChange and my application bar is resizing/moving correctly. BUT: If the taskbar moves to the top and my application bar ...