Multiple vlookup and adding values together

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I am trying to find a way to locate all categories in a table that says for ex &quot;good.&quot; Each of these have a number associated to them which I am trying to add together. <br><br>So lets say my table has ten rows of data, three of those rows have a column that is termed &quot;good.&quot;  So what I want that to do is then take those three rows with &quot;good&quot; and add the numeric values together that are entered in another column which are each of those three rows. <br><br>Is this even possible?
0
oddball1405

I don't believe you'll need VLOOKUP() for this. Have a look at SUMIF()
instead.

--
HTH |:>)
Bob Jones

<oddball1405@officeformac.com> wrote in message
> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor:
> Intel I am trying to find a way to locate all categories in a table that
> says for ex "good." Each of these have a number associated to them which I
> am trying to add together.
>
> So lets say my table has ten rows of data, three of those rows have a
> column that is termed "good." So what I want that to do is then take those
> three rows with "good" and add the numeric values together that are
> entered in another column which are each of those three rows.
>
> Is this even possible?

0
CyberTaz
5/17/2010 8:11:03 PM
Thank you CyberTaz that was exactly what I was looking for.
0
oddball1405

Removing multiple hyperlinks

Create a list with multiple criteria

Charting multiple multiples

Suppressing Values in Autofilter Criteria List
Hello, I'm not a VBA guy, but I think what I'm trying to do can only get done with some lines of code. Any help would be appreciated. I've a fairly large data set that I'd like to be able to apply advanced filters to. I would like the source table for criteria to update automatically based on values from other criteria entered. For example: Column A could be Region. Column B could be job. Column C could be Salary Grade. I would like, should I choose East Region, for the list of possible jobs to be then updated automatically to exclude any jobs that are ...

Single click selects multiple cells

How can I determine what DC Project server is using for AD sync?
I am looking to determine what Domain Controller (hostname) that Project Server is connecting to when it tries to Sync with AD. My Sunc job is failing and the AD team wants to know what DC I am connecting to... I have no idea, how to get this info... Thanks for any help!! Mossguy: How many DCs on your network? Project Server is looking for domain global groups, and not a specific domain controller, so it talks to whichever DC responds to the request, and this shouldn't matter to your AD team. If they need to determine this information, you can ask the network team t...

Make Excel's "grab and drag" behave like cut and paste "values only" ?
Excel question. Is there an easy way to make Excel's "grab and drag" behave like cut and paste "values only" ? Scenario : One sheet has input data Another sheet has formula to display output data which uses the input data as its variables There is a close positional match of data on both sheets (e.g. data entered A1 on sheet 1 affects the results in A1 on sheet 2) What I would like to be able to use Excel's "grab and drag" (this is where you put the mouse cursor right on the edge of a highlighted block of data and drag it to another location...

distributing data into multiple cells

adding money amounts in excel
I am using a formula to calculate 10% of an amount which is rounded off to 2 decimal places. The amount is $1,952.48 and it is rounded off to $195.25 which is what I want it to do. The problem I am encountering is when I click on the cell the actual value of the number is 195.248. When I add 10 amounts of the value 195.25 it is calculated to be 1952.48, which is not correct. The correct sum should be 1952.50. when I copy and paste these values to a different spread sheet, it is copying 195.248. How do I copy and paste the 195.25 amount? I hope this makes sense to someone because ...

Sending to multiple addresses

Combine rows based on values in column 1
Is there an excel feature that would let you combine rows based on the unique value of a column? The DATA, SUBTOTAL almost does what I want, except it doesn't work with text. For example: A X B Y C Z A X C Z C J B M Combine to: A X X B M Y C Z J Z I can write a routine that will do this - but it is a little tedious: sort, then row by row & column by column moving the last non-empty value down to the next row until col 1 changes, then deleting all rows prior to my 'total' row with...

vlookup question #3
My wife owns a t-shirt company and I'm trying to help her write a spreadsheet that will calculate price per shirt printed using a vlookup formula. The table has 10 rows of quantities in the left column and 6 colums of colors 1-6 across the top row. As long as I only use one vlookup (for a one sided print job) it works perfectly. Where I'm getting stuck is when I try to add a second vlookup for the number of colors to be printed on the back of each shirt. As long as I have a quantity of 1 to 6 it works fine. It's when the value is 0 or blank that something is going very wrong. Th...

Exchange 2000 Distribution Lists

multiple selection

Multiple domains #6

Combine multiple tables into one

Outlook 2007 adding contacts issue #2
Hello! I apologize in advance if this has been answered, but I couldn't find it anywhere... today I added contacts to outlook 2007...never had used it before on Vista ever...and closed out went to lunch... came back, I cannot add any new contacts. All options to add a greyed out... If I select file new.....adding contacts is there but greyed out... any ideas on what to change? Thanks! lori, Go to your contacts page and type CTRL + N. The new contact page will open. Or on your contacts page, click New on the button that appears just below the File menu item. Or on your contacts pa...

Accessing at runtime nested method's parameters values
Hi all, I have some C# code with nested method call and I would like during runtime to log on different level the values of method parameters (just like VS offers Debug-> Windows->Call Stack). Is it possible because StackTrace class does not seems to offer support of accessing parameters values, it support just paremeter types and names ? best regards, Milan. On 08-03-2010 12:43, Milan wrote: > I have some C# code with nested method call and I would like during runtime > to log on different level the values of method parameters (just like VS > offers Debu...

Scan a coupon value into RMS
Is there an add-on that will allow you to scan a coupon and decode the value of the coupon and enter it into RMS? Jay ------=_NextPart_0001_83041615 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good morning Jay, Thank you for posting your coupon question. I have not heard of any add-ons that would do this; and would recommend that you enter this as a Product Suggestion: http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/Newsgroups/dgbrowser/en -us/wizard.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.pos&lang=en&cr=US&type=suggestion Todd Berger Microsoft Online Support Get ...

Finding Data in multiple worksheets
Using Excel 2000, how can I find data in multiple worksheets; example: any number between 200 & 299 in 32 worksheets? If you mean you want to find a single number across 32 worksheets, group your worksheets (click on the first, ctrl-click on subsequent (or even shift-click)). Then Edit|Find But I think I'd use Jan Karel Pieterse's FlexFind: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/ If you meant you wanted to find all 100 numbers (200-299) in all 32 sheets, then I think I'd have a macro search for each number and report the results on a new worksheet. "mark@southwestconst.com&quo...