move selection after enter into cell

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

Upon entering data into a cell, I do not want to move to another cell when I hit Return.  In the older version of Excel I used to be able to go into Tools/Options/Edit and uncheck Move Selection after Enter.  How can I accomplish this in the 2008 version?  thanks
0
lynn_Spaulding

Aha - you've revealed yourself as a Windows user :-) Mac OS has never had
Options, it uses Preferences instead. Go to Excel> Preferences> Edit where
you can specify Up, Down, Left, Right from the list or clear the check to
not have the selector move on pressing return.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/10/10 12:18 PM, in article 59bb2997.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"lynn_Spaulding@officeformac.com" <lynn_Spaulding@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Upon entering data into a cell, I do not want to move to another cell when I
> hit Return.  In the older version of Excel I used to be able to go into
> Tools/Options/Edit and uncheck Move Selection after Enter.  How can I
> accomplish this in the 2008 version?  thanks

0
CyberTaz

copy cells from one worksheet to another
How do I make the "value" or content of a cell on 'worksheet 1' mirror or copy the font color (and strike through) of a cell on a seperate worksheet? - 'worksheet 2'? thanks. Copy and paste special|values followed by Paste special|formats If you were using a formula, then that formula can only return the value--it can't change the format. Depending on how that other cell changed, you could have an event macro do the work for you. Garrett wrote: > > How do I make the "value" or content of a cell on 'worksheet 1' mirror or > copy ...

Moving license to a new computer

How do I print grid lines in a spreadsheet if no data is entered .
I am trying to create a form and need to print the grid lines as a part of the form. Others will use this form and make pencil entries in the cells which will be entered into the spreadsheet at a later date. How do I do this? I am using Office 2003. Many thanks---Justaone Just File>Page Setup>Sheet. Check "gridlines" and make sure "draft quality" is not checked. May be easier and more readable to have borders around just those cells that will be pencil-entered. If you go that route, uncheck "gridlines" in Page Setup. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 2...

reference a cell AND its format in a new cell
Seems like there would be a simple way to reference a cell and any formatting it has. For example, A1=5 and the 5 is underlined and in red. The entry in A2 is =A1 and I want A2 to show not only the 5 but I also want it to preserve and show the same formatting that was applied to A1. Thanks in advance for the help. Formulas don't do this kind of thing. You could copy|Paste???? TiChNi wrote: > > Seems like there would be a simple way to reference a cell and any > formatting it has. For example, A1=5 and the 5 is underlined and in > red. The entry in A2 is =A1 and I want ...

Safe to Move?

Creating a goto/anchor in excel based on a cell value
Hello, I am creating a financial worksheet for a client in which the user can choose options from a drop down menu. What I want to happen is, based on the option the user chooses, the model sends them to a certain cell on the same sheet. Ex: If user chooses 1 from the drop down, it sends them to cell A4. If the user chooses 2 from the drop down, it sends them to cell A5. Also, I would like to know how to trigger a macro based on a cell value Here is the code I thought might work =if(A1=1, Run_OLM(),"") Any advice on these topics is much appreciated. Thanks in advance. Tushar...

Moving Exchange 2000

mail moved from netscape to outlook?

Unable to select multiple workbook sheets
I am using Excel 2k running under WinXP and have a problem I have never encountered on any other version or machine. All my workbook tabs are white instead of the default gray and only one sheet at a time can be selected. Neither the Ctrl or shift keys or right clicking the tabs and selecting all will allow multiple sheets to be selected. What am I missing here, I see nothing in options that allows this configuration? Detect and repair does not change the situation. If this is a new situation, could you have a Mouse Driver compatability issue? I've heard of some interestin...

Counting unique cells (with text) in a filtered list
Hi Is there a simple way to count unique text values in the 'header" of a column where the adjoining column has had the filter switched on? Example A Home B Car B Home C Home C Home D Car If filtered on Home in the second column, should show 3 (ie A,B and C). Thanks in advance Try this array formula** : =SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(IF(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(A2:A7,ROW(A2:A7)-ROW(A2),0,1)),MATCH(A2:A7,A2:A7,0)),ROW(A2:A7)-ROW(A2)+1)>0,1)) ** array formulas need to be entered using the key combination of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER). Hold down both the CTRL key ...

Moving Pages between two publications

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

Keyboard Nav scrolls instead of next cell
Excel 2003 Sudden quirk: When I hit the arrow on my keyboard, instead of moving to the next cell in the direction of the arrow, the whole worksheet scrolls in that direction instead. It didn't use to do that. What happened, and how do I undo it? Many thanks. Ken Hi you probably have enabled 'Sroll Lock'. Try hitting the 'SCRLCK' key on your keyboard -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ken Isaacson wrote: > Excel 2003 > > Sudden quirk: When I hit the arrow on my keyboard, instead of moving > to the next cell in the direction of the arrow, the who...

Select with partial group
Hi I have a clients table on which I want to run a select query on to extract all fields. But I also want the result-set to be grouped by Company and Postcode to remove any duplicates. The reason I don't want to include other fields Address line 1 etc as there could be minor defences in spellings, punctuations etc. How do I go about such a query? Thanks Regards iam fine "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:upGpvwqDIHA.3548@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I have a clients table on which I want to run a select query on to extract >...

Counting changes in fill colors for cells
I am a fairly new user to Excel and need to know if a cell fill color can be used to count as a quanity Depending on what you mean... See XL help for conditional formatting and/or see Chip Pearson's pag on subject of color and UDF (http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm), though the latter might b a bit too much for an XL beginner ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com This would have been a reply from the newsgroup. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -...

message comes up when click a cell
I have been trying to work out how to get a message to come up when you click on a cell. I have attached an example of what I am trying to do, which was in another spreadsheet which I had, but I didn't make it. I noticed the feature and wondered how to do it? Thank you for your help :p File Attached: http://www.exceltip.com/forum/attachment.php?postid=300547 (example.jpg) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ use DATA/VALIDATION menu. i think "Input...

Entering time.
Is there a way I can enter time using a decimal instead of the colon and have it still figure using the 60 minute hour? For example for 9:45 I want to enter it as 9.45 but have it treated as 9:45. This is only for speed in data entry. I can use a ten key quicker then I can hit the colon. I use military time if it helps. Thanks, Joe Check out http://cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm In article <tH2tc.716$qH2.672@newssvr24.news.prodigy.com>, "J. Madden" <jmadden@nospam.texoma.net> wrote: > Is there a way I can enter time using a decimal instead of the ...

Moving Folder error