managing multiple worksheets 12-03-09

Version: 2004
Processor: Intel

I am working on a workbook that contains 20 worksheets and it's difficult to scroll through all of them.  Is there a way to combine/group some of the tabs so as not to have to scroll trough 20 tabs all the time?
0
GLC

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01CA742A.709B8810

GLC  -

Here's one thing to try: To the left of the sheet tabs there are four =
arrow navigation keys. Position the cursor in that area, and right-click =
(or Control-Click) to see a list of the sheet tabs for navigation.

-  Mike
http://www.MikeMiddleton.com

  <GLC@officeformac.com> wrote in message =
  Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: =
Intel I am working on a workbook that contains 20 worksheets and it's =
difficult to scroll through all of them. Is there a way to combine/group =
some of the tabs so as not to have to scroll trough 20 tabs all the time?
------=_NextPart_000_000D_01CA742A.709B8810

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>GLC&nbsp; -</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>Here's one thing to try: To the left of =
the sheet=20
tabs there are four arrow navigation keys. Position the cursor in that =
area, and=20
right-click (or Control-Click) to see a list of the sheet tabs for=20
navigation.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial>-&nbsp; Mike</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial><A=20
href=3D"http://www.MikeMiddleton.com">http://www.MikeMiddleton.com</A></F=
ONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>&lt;<A =
href=3D"mailto:GLC@officeformac.com">GLC@officeformac.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:59bae163.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0">news:59bae163.-1@webcro=
ssing.JaKIaxP2ac0</A>...</DIV>Version:=20
  2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am =
working=20
  on a workbook that contains 20 worksheets and it's difficult to scroll =
through=20
  all of them. Is there a way to combine/group some of the tabs so as =
not to=20
  have to scroll trough 20 tabs all the time?</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01CA742A.709B8810--

0
Mike
12/3/2009 11:08:14 PM
Another Option: Study up on creating Named Ranges, then use the Name Box
list to navigate the workbook based on the range names.

Also: Even if you don't create named ranges you can click in the Name Box &
type where you want to go, such as: [sheetname]!A1, then press return.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 12/3/09 4:22 PM, in article 59bae163.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"GLC@officeformac.com" <GLC@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am
> working on a workbook that contains 20 worksheets and it's difficult to scroll
> through all of them.  Is there a way to combine/group some of the tabs so as
> not to have to scroll trough 20 tabs all the time?

0
CyberTaz
12/3/2009 11:47:36 PM
PS: I should have pointed out to *not* include the brackets as used in my
"Also:" example... So if the name of the sheet is Sheet97 you'd enter:

Sheet97!A1

Or use whatever cell reference you prefer.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 12/3/09 6:47 PM, in article C73DB848.5811D%onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net,
"CyberTaz" <onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net> wrote:

> Another Option: Study up on creating Named Ranges, then use the Name Box
> list to navigate the workbook based on the range names.
>
> Also: Even if you don't create named ranges you can click in the Name Box &
> type where you want to go, such as: [sheetname]!A1, then press return.
>
> HTH |:>)
> Bob Jones
> [MVP] Office:Mac
>

> On 12/3/09 4:22 PM, in article 59bae163.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
> "GLC@officeformac.com" <GLC@officeformac.com> wrote:
>
>> Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am
>> working on a workbook that contains 20 worksheets and it's difficult to
>> scroll
>> through all of them.  Is there a way to combine/group some of the tabs so as
>> not to have to scroll trough 20 tabs all the time?

0
CyberTaz

multiple charts from a single pivot table
Hi can i create several pivot charts from a single pivot table? Nope. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "Yossi evenzur" wrote: > Hi > can i create several pivot charts from a single pivot table? No, but you can copy the pivot table to create another which uses the same pivot cache, so they will refresh in synch with each other, and share any grouping and calculated fields. Filtering won't be synchronised though, so you may want to either automate that with macros or use formaulas to check for bas...

Excel XP: Showing Trace Precedents Arrows for Multiple Cells...
....Is there a quick way to display more than one set of Trace Precedents arrows in a single worksheet? I can show the precedents one at a time and turn them off with one command, but I'd like to display selected sets (without having to repeat the action multiple times) before I email the file to another user. Is creating a macro the only way? Thanks in advance Amanda This is in Excel 2003 Help, but I've never been able to figure out exaaaaactly what it is trying to describe: <<To see all the relationships on a worksheet, in an empty cell type = (equal sign), and then c...

I need a Excel template for property management
I own three rental properties and I'm looking for a simple template for Excel that will allow me to merely track expenses and income. The simpler the better. this might help. Or, ask someone for custom programming. http://tinyurl.com/6svu2 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B845B7C4-0DAA-40A3-880A-FD0A6F298AFD@microsoft.com... > I own three rental properties and I'm looking for a simple template for Excel > that will allow me to merely track expenses and income. The simpler the >...

Office 2008 12.3.4 Undate
I just downloaded the new Office 2008 12.1.4 Update.mpkg and going to shut down all office items and let the updater do its thing. ...

Copying Multiple Cells to One Cells
Copying multiple cells into one cell as a summary. Eg I have a list of items in seperate cells in one worksheet and wish to summarise them in another worksheet in one cell. Can this be done =B2&C2&D2&E2 Will concatenate the value contained in the individual cells B2,C2,D2 and E2. You can also use concatenate(B2,C2,D2,E2) unlikeKansas "Chas" wrote: > Copying multiple cells into one cell as a summary. Eg I > have a list of items in seperate cells in one worksheet > and wish to summarise them in another worksheet in one > cell. Can this be done &g...

Outlook 2003: How do you group sent items by individual recipient in the case of multiple recipients in "to" field?
Hello, I am using Outlook 2003. When I go into my "sent" folder and group messages by the "to" field, Outlook creates a separate group for each unique combination of recipients. Therefore, if you commonly put multiple recipients in the "to" field, the "group by" feature is essentially worthless; if I am trying to locate an email that I know was sent to Bob, I have to remember whether I sent it to Bob, Bob & Mary, Bob & Mary & Sue, ad infinitum. Is there any way to group sent emails by recipient so an email sent to Bob, Mary and Sue shows u...

Risk management
Hi. I have searched wide and high for a risk management spread sheet to calulate a budget using the principles "proactive management". Anyone with a sugestione? Thanks. Ole ...

Managed Newsgroup access denied
I am unable to access the managed newsgroups since they changed the secure code last week. I have followed the instructions to reregister but I still get the error 'access denied'. Any idea what could be causing this? They have answered one of my questions from last week but I've been unable to get in to see it. Thanks for any help. Tracey D Tracey, email me with your registered GP company name so I can verify, and I will escalate this for you. -Mike -- Micheal LoPatriello Coordinator, Luna Development mlopat@lunadevelopment.com http://www.lunadevelopment.com "T...

Integration Manager Greyed Out
What would cause "Integration Manager" (Tools >> Integrate) to be grayed out, but "Run Integration" is available. My guess is a security setting, but I can't find it. What version of GP are you using? I've seen situations where Int Mgr was not available from the menu and I had to put it on the shortcut bar. You can also check dex.ini and verify the line exists: IMPath=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Business Solutions\Integration Manager\IM.EXE IMExecPath=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Business Solutions\Integration Manager\IMRun.EXE "Jed Perlowin"...

One work order at multiple billing address and multiple shipping address
Is there a way to do one work order at multiple billing address and multiple shipping address? If not through configuration, will it be possible through custom .NET App? .. Can somebody please reply to my question ASAP? To be honest, I haven't understood your question. If you can explain it in more detail, you may receive an answer. Also note that we're answering questions in our spare time and don't get paid for it, so ASAP isn't the best phrase to motivate people. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnw...

manage add-ons
when i turn on IE8 the manage add-ons windows automatically appears. how do i stop this happening Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? To start IE in No Add-ons mode: => Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet Explorer (No add-ons). Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons)...

changing multiple linked sources on same worksheet
I have, or want to have, a worksheet with multiple repetitive section (approx 15 rows each) with each section linked to a different sourc file. Each section has about 1500 linked cells, so I would rather no enter manually or cut and paste. Is there any way to link to a cel within each section that contains the source filename -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Office Smart Tag Manager
Good afternoon, I have the following error with Office Smart Tag Manager for Great Plains: Error: Database Connection Problem Possible causes include: This user accounts is not a member of any smart tag groups Bad connection information SQL Server is not running No smart Tag groups configured Please verify and try again. Which the procedure is to solve this error? I already erased all tables and store procedures of database Dynamics already Uninstall the product and I installed it again and the problem persists. that I make? ...

File Cache Manager With SRAM in WINCE 6.0
Hi, I m developing a back-up utility which automatically backs up the transaction data to a permanent storage (NOR flash). Transaction data will be triggered very frequently and existing transaction data files may be modified frequently. Therefore I need a RAM based cache file system along with a permanent storage. My questions are, 1. I m trying to use File Cache Manager to accomplish it. Is this a correct solution? 2. If YES, how can i use my SRAM (not the SDRAM) to store the cached files? (In case of a power fluctuation, SRAM is more reliable than SDRAM, therefore we sele...

anyone tried to install multiple domains on exchange 2003
Hi, I am trying to install multiple domains for exchange 2003 in windows 2003 server environment. For example, the AD is setup for 123.com, and I need to host 456.com and 789.com emails on the same box. I have setup the additonal domains 456.com and 789.com as OUs, and created new users, such as user1@456.com, user2@789.com. Then I setup the virtual SMTP service for 456.com and 789.com. From SMTP log, I can see emails are coming in and there is no log. However, I just can't get the emails from client side. Anyone had similar situation before? Your help will be greatly appreciate...

Business Contact Manager #19
I have installed Office 2003 and Business Contact Manager, but BCM is not starting with Outlook. I have the same product installed in my laptop, which runs Windows XP Home, and it is working fine. It even shows a Menu for BCM. The desktop runs windows XP professional and it is using Exchange Server 5.5 Thanks Try her: http://www.slipstick.com/bcm/bcmfaq.aspx "Lucio" <lucioaurelio@msn.com> wrote in message news:61ca01c3e5db$efec1190$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have installed Office 2003 and Business Contact Manager, > but BCM is not starting with Outlook. I have the ...

How do I get running 12 months of data using date filter?
I am using Excel 2007 connected to a SQL DB and use pivot tables for reporting purposes. I have multiple years worth of data that I access, but want to limit my pivot table to display just the last 12 months. I can't seem to find a way to do this, but am sure someone must have solved this problem already. I consider myself pretty Excel savvy, but I'm no programmer so hold the VB please. Thansk! Why don't you add a helper column that determines if the data is within the last year. Do something like if(A1 > date(year(Today())-1,month(today()),day(today()...

Users Listed in the Managed by Box Are Unable to Manage Groups
Hi, I have multi-domain AD 2000 forest in our organization. Most of DC controllers are Windows 2003 . Our Exchange 2003 server is in the same site as one of Global Catalog servers. Any user including Domain Admins or Enterprise Admins can't change membership of Universal Distribution Groups in Outlook 2002 or 2003. I tried Microsoft knowledgebase articles : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281489/EN-US/ and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319206 but it doesn't help. What can be the problem ? Alex Tager IT admin Eh? Did you follow those articles corre...

Multiple documents open and viewable in Word 2007
I used to be able to have two or more documents open and simultaneously visible in Word. Something changed my program configuration--now multiple documents are represented by thumbnails on the task bar and I only get to select the document I wish to edit or view from the task bar, one at a time. I either unknowingly tweaked the configuration, or one of the recent Windows 7 or Office 2007 updates did it for me. I can't find any Word Options that might control this "feature." Can anyone shed a little light on my situation and suggest ways to get Word 2007 to work ...

Need details if you are crashing after installing 12.1.9 updater
I'm working with a developer to track down the problem. He needs details. What are you doing when you crash? Do you launch an app and it crashes on launch? Trying to print? Exactly, how do you get the crash? Did you install the Safari 4 beta? Do you have the final version of Safari installed? Do you crash if they don�t have Safari 4 installed? What version of the OS are you running? eg: 10.5.7 Can you send me off list your entire crash log? Use "crash log" in the subject so it doesn't go to my spam folder. -- Diane crash log > I'm working with a developer to ...

Access 2007 12-17-09
I am building a contact data base for my church. How do I get the phone field to automatically format like this (xxx) xxx-xxxx when the numbers are typed in the cell? -- Thank You In the form design view select the phone control and open the properties dialog. Goto the Data tab and use the Input Mask to define the format you wish to use. If you click on the ... to the right hand side on the property you will get another dialog where there are predefined input mask or you can define your own. For instance, I use !\(999") "000\-0000;0;_ to format my telepho...

Copy Multiple Sheets
How can I copy multiple sheets (2-5) to a new workbook. I know I can do a savea as, but then I lose the original, unless I reopen it. TIA Greg Click on the tab for sheet 2, hold down shift and then click on the tab for sheet 5. Now right click and select 'move or copy', then select new book from the top dropdown, tick the 'create a copy' at the bottom of the dialog box and hit OK. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ----------------------------------------------------------...

Worksheet management
I'm struggling with worksheet and workbook management. I'm hopeful that someobody has a solution that I can't seem to come up with. I've searched and can't find any mention of this particular issue. I have a workbook with 10 worksheets in it. I have 2 copies of this workbook (one for each of my two clients ;-)). Worksheets 2 through 10 are identical in both workbooks. Worksheet 1 has the "data" for the individual client. The formulas in worksheets 2 through 10 reference the data on worksheet 1, as well as varioious other cells on other worksheets. That is, ...

Purchase Order Generator
Customer would like to setup Order Multiples for PO Generator. There is an option on the Item Vendor Maintenance window (Cards-Inventory-Vendors) and on the Item Resource Planning Maintenance window (Cards-Inventory-Item Resource Planning). However when generating purchase orders the system does not look at either of these quantities. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link...

Error When Going Offline 12-29-05
Hi, We just reimplemented CRM in new server by taking the data from the old one. Some clients who used SFO unable to go offline. When offline toolbar was click and initializing started, then there was an error "cannot generate sspi text" and "metadata cache error - no entity" Does anyone know how to solve this issue?? Thx Carrie ...