Mac problems opening excel files when connected to two windows shares - 58705

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

0
gandalf50

0
scottfw
3/24/2010 5:50:16 PM
I looked into this some more.  When I mount two shares called &quot;DocumentDistribution&quot;, they both show up as volumes called &quot;DocumentDistribution&quot; in Finder. <br><br>However, if I open Terminal and &quot;cd /Volumes&quot; then &quot;ls&quot;, I see both &quot;DocumentDistribution&quot; and &quot;DocumentDistribution-1&quot;.  Using both Finder and Terminal, I can browse both mounts with no issue.  In Terminal, the volume with &quot;-1&quot; at the end is always the second server mounted.  However in Finder they are both known as &quot;DocumentDistribution&quot;. <br><br>So somewhere in Mac OS, the Mac knows it has two shares with the same name &quot;DocumentDistribution&quot; mounted, but to keep them straight mounts one of them with a &quot;-1&quot; at the end.  But it hides this fact from the user.  I think what is happening is that when Excel for Mac tries to open the file on the second server, it is using the &quot;DocumentDistribuiton&quot; alias rather than its real mount name and hence it is trying to find the file on the first server mounted and of course can't fine that file at that location. <br><br>That's just a guess though.
0
scottfw
3/24/2010 6:00:32 PM
Actually if you read my post again I was say that it was becasue both shares had the same name. See the line &quot;I have a hunch its because both shares are called common &quot; <br>
Thanks for the info though. <br>
It hasnt  been that big an issue since now I just advise users to disonnect one the shares.
0
gandalf50

Exchange update problem

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Auto delete windows mail?
I'm using Windows mail with Vista. My junk folder has auto emptied twice in the last two months. I can't figure out why. Any help out there? -- marty "srmarty" <srmarty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D87CB396-6251-45C3-BC9A-DF77952EC095@microsoft.com... > I'm using Windows mail with Vista. My junk folder has auto emptied twice > in > the last two months. I can't figure out why. Any help out there? > -- > marty Tools>options>advanced tab>maintenance button. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. ...

SQL deadlock problem

docmd.transfertext problem

Excel 2007

Excel not Access

upgrade from mac office to pc?

Windows 2008 Disk Space
We have a Windows 2008 Server attached to a SAN. It ran out of disk space. We allocated more disk space on the SAN and it so up as being part of the partition in Disk Manager but My computer still shows the old space. Did right click my computer - Manage - diskmanagement and setup the disk? hth DDS "Reis, Tom" <reistom@cod.edu> wrote in message news:Oaxjwwk5KHA.3184@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > We have a Windows 2008 Server attached to a SAN. It ran out of disk space. > We allocated more disk space on the SAN and it so up as being part of the > p...

econnect 9 and windows authentication issue
Hi All, I'm using econnect 9 to connect to GP 9 as we know econnect must use windows authentication to connect to GP DB. Does this mean all users of our solution must have access to GP DB with role DYNGRP or it's only the user which is defined explicitly in the identity in the econnect component service. if it's all users should i use impersonation because client policy will not allow to give access to all users to GP DB. my solution is .NET with CRM 3.0 and GP 9 thanks in advance ...

MS Money 95 data files

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

sharing of folders

Opening Excel Workbooks